Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The real Price of Sims 4 should be 10 dollars!!!

Who else agrees. based on all the lacking features, the absurdity of the Sims, and the fact that this game has nothing new and innovative except for the so called "emotions", this game should sell for 10 dollars. No more!!

70dollars, really???? Now that's a real ripoff.
Of course rich people will not mind throwing their money away.

Comments

• WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member
    edited July 2014
    I have a great idea for you. Leave this site and don't come back until Sims 4 is $10.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    edited July 2014
    well the money I make I throw away on things I like :lol: so yeah...bring on the TS4 mama is waiting for you!
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    edited July 2014
    Let me guess... "Mods are asleep, post troll threads!"?

125px-130862516352.gif.png
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited July 2014
    vesvezDat wrote:
    Who else agrees. based on all the lacking features, the absurdity of the Sims, and the fact that this game has nothing new and innovative except for the so called "emotions", this game should sell for 10 dollars. No more!!

70dollars, really???? Now that's a real ripoff.
    While I agree mostly, I think $10 is a little low. Sadly, its the first Maxis title in decades where I don't actually have a pre-order.

It is truth I'm waiting until its in the bargain bin. Given its release is "currently" September, I suspect by November when EA holds it annual "black friday" sale I'll be able to pick it up for ~$25. Unless, they have already announced the first EP, in which case I will just wait until January and pick up the "Plus" version for $25.

I am surprised anyone is grabbing the $70 version, since a "digital upgrade" for all versions will be available on Day 1 for $10 and lets you see if the bonus is even worth the $10.
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • EzeliaStarpuffEzeliaStarpuff Posts: 401 Member
    edited July 2014
    yet you've paid 50-60 dollars for Sims 3 and 40 dollars for each EP? yea, Sims 4 is only 70 dollars because of bonus content. we're getting quite a bit for what Sims 4 has to offer, considering Sims 3 had a lot taken from it. each series is not a repeat of the last, but has content that gives us that nostalgic feeling. so bottle up your tears and move onto something else. :roll:
    TTOVikb.png
    Follow my IGN: Cynquilla

edited July 2014
    yet you've paid 50-60 dollars for Sims 3 and 40 dollars for each EP? yea, Sims 4 is only 70 dollars because of bonus content. we're getting quite a bit for what Sims 4 has to offer, considering Sims 3 had a lot taken from it. each series is not a repeat of the last, but has content that gives us that nostalgic feeling. so bottle up your tears and move onto something else. :roll:
    If you haven't seen the game, how do you know what the heck your getting? :roll: :roll: :roll:

And from what we know the "new" features are pretty much emotions, emotions, and a little more emotion. Ironically, nothing too "exciting"... (yes, that's an emotion as well)

Also for the record, like I am sure several others on here, I have multiple copies of The Sims 3, one of which I only paid $5. I have never paid $40 for EP, I easily wait the 2-3 weeks for them to go on sell for $15.
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • JazminAdoreJazminAdore Posts: 1,434 Member
    edited July 2014
    Seriously, why do people keep commenting on this persons multiple trash talk threads? (S)he is just spamming up the forum.
    1238765_10201357648636928_204929354_n.jpg
    edited July 2014
    Seriously, why do people keep commenting on this persons multiple trash talk threads? (S)he is just spamming up the forum.
    Aren't you commenting in making this response?

Kidding aside, I didn't realize they had made like 15 threads until after I had replied :). It would be nice if we didn't have to self-police the forums and had actual moderators that did their job.
  • colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    edited July 2014
    QmZw3pE.gif
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited July 2014

This. People seem to get that each game is not going to be the same, otherwise they would have no reason to make new versions, but just update old ones.

Sims 3 base didn't have a lot to it considering. They only had one world, no wedding stuff, no instruments, no bars, etc....

Yeah Sims 4 doesn't have some content that Sims 3 has...as far as we know as it isn't out yet and I rather judge it when it is released as it could end up being not what we expected (whether better or worse), but it does seem to have a lot as well.

Like giving teens the 'talk', macaroni art for kids, a lot of the stuff I just mentioned seems to be in the base this time from what I have seen. They supposed redid the animation from scratch and hopefully fixed the engine and routing issues that Sims 3 had.

Each game seems to have different tools, different focuses and selling points. Some stuff is taken out and maybe added later and there is new stuff that is added or stuff.

$50-60 for standard version isn't bad considering that is the average price most new games are going for. I paid $70 for new games that didn't come with any bonus content and all that. Games are a luxury after all, not a right or necessity. I feel that people are forgetting that.
  • thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    edited July 2014
    Are you on drugs or something?
  • BadmagicBadmagic Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited July 2014
    $10? Bit generous, no?
  • slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    edited July 2014
    most new games are around the 60.00 range
  • MoonbarkerMoonbarker Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited July 2014
    Well... Half a game should be half price..
  • MoonbarkerMoonbarker Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited July 2014
    XxAirixX wrote:

This. People seem to get that each game is not going to be the same, otherwise they would have no reason to make new versions, but just update old ones.

But the problem is they are taking out things that should be crucial in a life simulator game- such as toddlers. You can't really take out an important life stage like that and call it a life simulator. Now it's true, Sims 1 didn't have toddlers. But Sims 2 was the game that introduced aging, with toddlers, teens, and elders. And as such, those things should never be left out. The game even from the beginning has also been about creating houses, making sims, and such- yet they took away CASt and even a color wheel, a BIG customization tool. You can't just give us a customization tool like that in one game and then completely get rid of it in the next game. And also to add, there are MANY games on the market that keep old features but then add new ones. Each new series gets improved, with old things PLUS new things. Why can't Sims do the same?
  • SophieDiddleSophieDiddle Posts: 578 Member
    edited July 2014
    nekobear wrote:
    well the money I make I throw away on things I like :lol: so yeah...bring on the TS4 mama is waiting for you!

This made me laugh! :')
    Though I'm with you, I work hard for my money and therefore am entitled to throw it at whatever I wish to despite what certain individuals seem to think ;)

Ready and waiting.....come at me sims 4!
  • 2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    edited July 2014
    bflury wrote:
    Also for the record, like I am sure several others on here, I have multiple copies of The Sims 3, one of which I only paid $5. I have never paid $40 for EP, I easily wait the 2-3 weeks for them to go on sell for $15.

Isn't buying multiple copies of the sims 3 a waste of money?
    My origin id is sim2011
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    edited July 2014
    Sims4 come to me i am ready for you and to have fun
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Elf67Elf67 Posts: 1,198 Member
    edited July 2014
    I have never paid more than $35 for ANY video game, including Sims. Sims 4 is way overpriced, especially considering all that has been taken out. Unfortunately, as long as the EA sheep keep buying crappy games, EA won't change their poor business practices. I'd rather have no new Sims games than the overpriced, rushed, gutted Sims 4!
    edited July 2014
    I work, i can afford to pay the asking price and i am quite happy to do so, anyone who thinks it is too expensive can just wait for it to be on sale, not hard really.......
    My origin id is sim2011
    edited July 2014
    Elf67 wrote:
    as long as the EA sheep keep buying crappy games, EA won't change their poor business practices. I'd rather have no new Sims games than the overpriced, rushed, gutted Sims 4!

How do you know it's "crappy"? Have you played it?
    My origin id is sim2011
  • vesvezDatvesvezDat Posts: 491 Member
    edited July 2014

What you talking about. I got the Sims 3 lately and it wasn't 60 . It was like 19.99 and the EPs 9.99. i didn't get the Sims 3 , 5 years ago when it just came out
  • ShaneyBoyShaneyBoy Posts: 2,134 Member
    edited July 2014
    I must admit, the title made me laugh a little... :lol::oops:
  • Vampyfan2Vampyfan2 Posts: 517 Member
    edited July 2014
    All new games for the PS4 and the Xbox 1 are $60 or more...
    Watch my live streams and follow me on twitch!

• AlisoxAlisox Posts: 1,640 Member
    edited July 2014
    Wilderwolf wrote:
    I have a great idea for you. Leave this site and don't come back until Sims 4 is $10.
    :lol:

Seconded :wink:
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top