Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else still downloading TS2 : Ulimate Collection?

I am just trying to find something to kill the time. I am only at 10% which is 1.37 GB out of 12.57 GB....I'm so excited! I was already playing The Sims 2. So I'm backing up the file so I can continue playing when I get it installed.

Anyone know if there are store items included? I would really REALLY like the baby items that came with the store. But I doubt it.

It's so nice for EA to do this for us.

Comments

• Kellieann123Kellieann123 Posts: 507 Member
    edited July 2014
    No, the store items are not included. Just the EPs and Stuff packs.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited July 2014
    No, the store items are not included. Just the EPs and Stuff packs.

Okie dokie. Just checking.
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,008 Member
    edited July 2014
    I just finished installing the Collection. It took me almost 2 hours in all. Downloading seemed a little slow, but not bad. I was afraid Origin would be congested, but it went smoothly. All the expansions and stuff packs seem to be there.

I definitely want to check the game out. Right now, I'm trying to decide what neighborhood to play in.
    edited July 2014
    Anyone know how to put your saved sims 2 game into the new collection? I don't wanna start over...but I'm afraid I'll have to.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited July 2014
    Is there a link or how do you get it?
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • willow_kiddwillow_kidd Posts: 45 Member
    edited July 2014
    I started the download almost 7 hours ago. I have just a bit over 3GBs to go.
  • momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    edited July 2014
    I would if I could uninstall my digital copy of double deluxe :? Keeps saying I have an ep installed.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    edited July 2014
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    edited July 2014
    Goldmoldar wrote:

No. Anyone who has a digital version of any Sims 2 EP or SP registered on Origin will get it automatically at some point over the next 5 days. Some people are calling customer service to provide the keys for their physical copies and getting access to it as well, but the site specifies digital copies.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited July 2014
    I downloaded and installed it a little bit earlier. It took me about 20 minutes. Not bad. If my internet hadn't been hiccuping, it probably would have been quicker. But once the download was complete, the install went super fast.

I have played in it a little bit, but I didn't see any store items.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm at 95%. As soon as it's done I'm going to put my Uber Mega hood back in and give it a try. That's a neighborhood I got from MTS that has all additional neighborhoods as sub hoods of Pleasantview, so you can move around without issues. In game you do have the option to save your sims to the bin and move them, but it corrupted your game because of all the broken memories and duplicate files it created. And I was never happy being restricted to one neighborhood. Especially after I started playing Sims 3 and was able to move about so freely. :)

Edit: Mine's done and up right now! I decided to just play it as is for now. The first thing I noticed is they solved the crashing problem by bypassing the launcher altogether.
    It comes up as The Pets collection and says Mansion and Garden on the neighborhood menu. Lol. Woulda been kinda cool if they'd made a new loading screen for it.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited July 2014
    lisamwitt wrote:
    Goldmoldar wrote:

No. Anyone who has a digital version of any Sims 2 EP or SP registered on Origin will get it automatically at some point over the next 5 days. Some people are calling customer service to provide the keys for their physical copies and getting access to it as well, but the site specifies digital copies.
    Thanks, I already got my copy :D
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    edited July 2014
    Good morning you guys!. I decided to pause my download last night, and now I just started it back again...It's at 4.82 GB...still has a LONG way to go...*sigh* I wanna play!!!!
  • simonevans1963simonevans1963 Posts: 206 Member
    edited July 2014
    I downloaded mine overnight, loaded the game this morning and seemed perfect. Then made the wise decision to uninstall all the Sims 2 games I already had on my laptop and somehow managed to break the Ultimate game ... somehow uninstalling existing sims EPs confused the Ultimate game, and it wouldn't load all the neighbourhoods and seasons. So I had to uninstall everything and am now redownloading the ultimate game again, so everything is fresh. I do like to cause myself problems!
    edited July 2014
    I downloaded mine overnight, loaded the game this morning and seemed perfect. Then made the wise decision to uninstall all the Sims 2 games I already had on my laptop and somehow managed to break the Ultimate game ... somehow uninstalling existing sims EPs confused the Ultimate game, and it wouldn't load all the neighbourhoods and seasons. So I had to uninstall everything and am now redownloading the ultimate game again, so everything is fresh. I do like to cause myself problems!

Thanks for the tip. I won't do that then. I was thinking of doing that but, now that I seen your post I won't.
  • Gemmie12Gemmie12 Posts: 262 Member
    edited July 2014
    I would uninstall my current sims 2 games before I install UC, i also backed up my save files before hand so I can place them into UC
    CJcvgXD.png
    Lein Modded Legacy

OriginID/PSN: Gemmie12