Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dark Shadowz Cycle 9: Twisted Tales - A4 Scores Posted

Comments

• Options
    BeechNutBabyBeechNutBaby Posts: 14,439 Member
    edited July 2014
    THREE DAYS LADIES & GENTS. GET THIS IN!

Oh, and so everyone understands, having a longer story is better than a super short one. I don't mind really long stories, but keep in mind it takes longer to judge that way. If you submit a story that is super short (like one paragraph) then it's hard to get detail and you'll lose creativity points.
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    RikizziaRikizzia Posts: 648 Member
    edited July 2014
    Im leaving early tomorrow and gonna stay away till saturday. Hope thats not gonna be a problem.

Assignment 1:

The Little Mermaid

Far out in the deep mystical, dark seas, there was a kingdom. A kingdom of sirens, sirens beautiful on the outside, dangerous on the inside. The kingdom was full of life, they were surrounded by each others presence, but still, there was something missing. You see, there was no males in their kingdom, except the Sea King; The only triton, their father. The sea king was a widower, how their mother died, he would never tell.
    All the sirens had a desire of a man, they were lonley and hungry. The six princesses, one younger than the other, were the only sirens who were allowed to go to the surface. When a princess turned 15, she was allowed to do so. And then, she was allowed to go anywhere she wanted, any time she wanted to.
    When the sirens go above the sea, they usually sit on a rock in the moonlight, while ships with human sailors pass by, making themselves more beautiful. The sirens attract and lure them, use them to fulfill their wishes. A sirens song can bind a human heart.

The youngest princess, Andraste, had to wait the longest. She was the most beautiful siren of them all, with the most enchanting voice. With eyes blue as the sea, and a shimmering, sparkeling tail in emerald green. Andraste was the one who had the biggest desire of them all, her strongest wish was to find a man.
    For every day that passed, she got more deppressed, more angry. All her sisters had turned 15, all of them had teased her over how beautiful the surface was. Some of them even said Andraste would never turn 15. They just broke her heart.

One day Andraste had had enough, she was furious, she decided to leave the caste without permission. She wanted to be wild, and free. She was sad, no one understood her. Sirens couldn't cry, which made the pain harder for them. And even though her birthday was two months away, she couldn't stand all these rules. She didn't want to wait anymore.
    She couldn't wait anymore...

She swam out of the castle, out of her room, past all her sisters, out of the kingdom, to the unknown seas. She felt like someone was following her, so she swam as fast as she could till' she saw the surface. It was like her head was going to explode. She looked around nervously, she was hoping someone didn't watch her and would tell her father. She had never been this far out past the kingdom before. And then se saw a shimmering light coming from above the waters. Now all her worries was gone, her tail sparkled as she looked on it.

"Ah, forget them, now I can be free." She said to herself, looking up in the light. "I wonder whats up there. Is it as beautiful as they say?" She started to swim carefully upwards towards the light.

Andrasteintroduction_zpsc68d76f1.jpg~original

full size: http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y407/Rikizzae/Andrasteintroduction_zpsc68d76f1.jpg~original
    You can use the zoom thingy to see how big the picture actually is.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    YqMyRUI.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    That looks lovely, Rikki :D
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    poida217poida217 Posts: 2,872 Member
    edited July 2014
    Wow Rikki, that picture is gorgeous.

Okay, got mine done. Major apologies for the length of it (context is important here) I kinda got carried away, and 3000 or so words later.... I'll do my best to make sure future assignments stay under 1000 words.

Assignment 1 Linked for obvious reasons :P

Fun fact. The antagonist in this chapter is named after a car. My originality is shining through.
    24891575472_e27b0a3fc3_o.gif
  • Options
    IceTigers21IceTigers21 Posts: 810 Member
    edited July 2014
    Chell, Rikki, and Poida, great job on your assignments! They're all so cool. And Poida I simply must say I adore your siggy! That's my favorite scene in that movie. :mrgreen:
    Siggy_zpsvy6uc9hh.gif

• Options
    edited July 2014
    :D

Now for everyone else...this is due in TWO days!!
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    HannahJayneBebsHannahJayneBebs Posts: 1,251 Member
    edited July 2014
    Bump!
    Hopefully I'll enter mine tonight or tomorrow. I just have to work on the writing... Which right now, isn't coming along very well. :oops: Ah, well.
  • Options
    munchkinprincessmunchkinprincess Posts: 1,212 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Hopefully it comes to you soon bebs.
    Great entries everyone and I can't wait to see what the rest of you come up with.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Can't wait to see :)
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I'm going with two judges for this. I think that is a good thing to go with for a story competition :)

2a8lv1t.jpg15zl27o.jpg
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    HannahJayneBebsHannahJayneBebs Posts: 1,251 Member
    edited July 2014
    Assignment One: The Prologue

The amused queen was sat, gazing down upon my father and I - a sneer, plastered mockingly upon her lips. Evidently, she thought of us two as playthings, what with the way she looked at us; she thought of us both as nothing more but toys at her disposal - things to merely entertain her. To think that this woman (a notorious sadist) was pampered with everything from a velvet outfit of grandeur, to a lavishly stunning castle,  whilst my humble father and I had nothing but the rags on our backs... To think such things, was to realise the cruelty and unfairness of the world; it was to acknowledge harsh reality. 

I swallowed. Taking in my surroundings and the woman sat before me, I quickly acknowledged this aforementioned harsh reality. And due to such, I was hindered unable to truly meet the royal dictator's piercing gaze - in fact, I couldn't even look at her face directly. If you asked me what colour her hair was later on, I would not know; if you asked me to describe her face later on, I would be left speechless. Later on, if you asked me if I remembered any aesthetic qualities about her, all I would reply with was that she was intimidating. She was intimidating in both the way she was posed, and in the way her perennial sneer was forever patronising us.

But,  of course, I couldn't forget the ice in her voice whenever she spoke.

"And what brings you two, ah, delightful citizens to my castle today?" she questioned, coolly, once she had finished silently ridiculing us. In spite of how savage I knew this woman could be, she was articulate, and spoke like a true monarch; every word was perfectly constructed, every syllable mouthed, and every vowel elongated. At least her accent was worthy of a queen.

My father was the one to respond. 

We, uh, have a request, your majesty," he murmured, voice small and quiet, lost in the huge stone room. My bumbling father obviously shared my fear of the woman; his hands were constantly wringing themselves, and whenever he wasn't speaking, his teeth sunk into his lips. Then again, he had more to fear than me; he was the one who had to make conversation with this woman. "Concerning... Money."

Before he'd even took his next breath, the queen let out a scoff. The amusement in her eyes ricocheted to an all-time high, and, if she wasn't keeping up appearances, something told me that she would've cackled right in our faces.
    "Money, dear sir?" she grinned, arching a brow at us both,  marvelling at how anybody would dare make such a request. "And why on earth do you think that you would deserve such a thing? Do you think that I would simply throw my hard-earned cash at your feet?" 

My father was left speechless, as the queen smirked at him. Evidently, he didn't think this whole thing through. Did he honestly expect the queen to be so charitable? I tensed beside him, mentally cursing his naiveness. 
    Eyes alight with laughter, the queen lifted her finger, and motioned to the guards to close the door. Behind us, we heard it slam shut; the overwhelming sensation of claustrophobia kicked in, as soon as I realised we were quite possibly trapped, sealed in the room with this terrifying woman. The fear made my throat stick, and my palms began to sweat. The woman was insanely good at intimidation, what with how she wove it into the simplest of actions.

Like now, when she spoke once more; her voice rose the hairs on my arms. "You're a funny little man," she purred, softly, stroking her chin as she contemplated what to do with us, "to think that you had the cheek to come here and simply beg for my money, as if I were some sort of service at your disposal. Does it look like money grows on tre-"
    "Please!" To my surprise, my father dared to interject, with a desperate sob. "My wife is starving; we haven't a penny to spare. You are the o-only one to help my family and I... Please, your highness, please."

Immediately the room got colder; as soon as my father's plead was over, a silence hung in the air. His words seem to echo in the emptiness of the room, and the queen seemed to be thinking. Gradually, the smirk on her lips drooped. Moments ago, I would've been pleased to not see her smirk - to not see her pull that disturbingly prideful look. However, now, I regret that wish, as the expression was soon replaced with a petrifying glare, which sunk into my bones. 

"So you have the insolence to interrupt, too, my dear man?" she questioned, haughtily, as she raised her eyebrow at him. I felt the breaths my father was emitting, each more panicked than the rest, as his mistake slowly grdawned ."You think you have the right to talk when I am talking? You think you have the right to come here, and beg for my money, and expect to give nothing in return? I am the queen. I fought battles for the rightful rule over this land with my own blade and hand, and yet you have the audacity to barge in here in such a manner?" 

But, after all her words were spent, that fear-inducing glare slowly dissolved, an uncharacteristically neutral appearance dominating her features. Somehow it was far more sinister than the other expressions. "Your daughter, however... She seems like a very sweet girl," the queen observed, her eyes finally resting on my directly; they surveyed me as if I were a piece of meat, sizing me up, and coming to rest on my hair. I shivered, tempted to step back and run away from her gaze (which I still did not meet directly) as soon as possible - but, somehow, I managed to stay put.

"A very sweet girl indeed... And her hair - oh, it's so golden and luscious," she murmured, the smirk making a return to her lips, as my father shifted uncomfortably in his place, "it's simply fit for a princess. Oh, what a wonder that such a darling was stuck with a rat like you." Sneering, she laughed at long last, shaking her head at my father in amusement.
    "However..." Once more, the smirk died away; a serious expression masked her face instead, "that does inspire an idea in my head. One which we will both benefit from - how about we do a trade?" she queried,  smile small, as she eyed my befuddled father up and down.

]"I..." Confused, he stared at her with disbelief. "I... Seriously? T-thank, your majesty. Please, what might your generous offer may be?" Earnestly, now, he stared up at her, shuffling forward. Obviously he expected her to make a genuinely fair preposition; once again, his naiveness didn't fail him. Ushering a sigh, I knew that whatever the queen was about to suggest, was going to be a purely horrific - something which will surely set us back further from where we started. Especially what with the observation concerning my hair, which led her on to her idea. Apparently, this disastrous proposal included me... Which was something I was none too pleased about.

When the queen first spoke, it sounded as if she was speaking garbled nonsense - but then, I soon realised she was launching into a (seemingly unnecessary) fairytale. Which too, was garbled nonsense, but to voice such an opinion would be to take my own head. So I sighed, and I swallowed, readying myself for the surely sickening tale which was about to be told.

]"Once upon a time, there was said to be a peasant girl, with a striking appearance. And yet, it wasn't her facial qualities which struck others - oh no. Instead it was her golden hair; it was voluptuous and blonde, and simply a wonder to gaze upon. Many men and women alike ogled it night and day, hypnotized by its every little strand of gold and wonder. However, little did many of the admirers know, that with this hair, came a great power - the power to weave straw into gold," the queen drawled on, staring at my hair, now, as she spoke, a grin spreading across her lips. "Which, of course, was a power that would ensure unimaginable riches - the kind which even a queen like I couldn't even fantasise about.

"But the power as such could only be unlocked under certain conditions, as rightfully analysed by a wise, aged sorceress," the queen continued, "for one, the girl would have to be bare, without a single thread upon her back, and she would have to sit naked beneath the full moon; for two, the girl had to be chained to a sewing machine, her shackles so tight her wrists became bruised; and, lastly, for three, the girl would have to draw blood, right before her work began. 

"And so, every night, beneath the full moon, the girl set to work: she did carried out each of these conditions herself. Within a year, she rose to power, and became one of the richest in all of the land - a true empress. Others gazed with wonder, amazed at how such a lowly commoner could rise to such glory after merely a year of seemingly doing nothing; others, however, grew envious of her sudden fortune. Thus, though she had truly done nothing to harm anybody else, the world began to plot against her. People attempted to assassinate her, in the hopes to steal her riches; people attempted to use sorcery, in the hopes to gain whatever talent she once had; and, lastly, people tried to kidnap her, and use her as a slave for their own benefit. 

"In the end, the world which opposed her, won. At the young age of 23, having her talent only managed to blossom for a year, the princess was murdered ruthlessly in an attack, by the hands of some drunken harlot. Of course, in the end, it turned out his crime was in vain. As soon as the woman's heart ceased to pump, all of her work was undone; the gold she had woven instantly turned to straw once more, and her legacy was over, and the woman who had ended it was pursued for the rest of her apparently short, abysmal life.

"But some say that, once eras upon eras have passed, someone else was destined to be bestowed with her magical powers. Someone with gold hair like hers - a commoner, to be exact. Of course, such a thing is simply a childish story, and nothing to speculate about, but imagine," the queen murmured, eyes boring into my goosebump-ridden flesh, "imagine the value of such an individual. Imagine how much money a golden-haired wonder a such would be worth." 

The queen was crazy, truly crazy; I realised there and then, exactly what she was insinuating. 
    Me? Was she seriously implying that I was the possessor of such a great power? And that she was to trade me for money? Frowning to myself, I fingered locks of my hair, twirling them around the length of my index finger. Whilst it was, as she had complimented, a rather nice shade of blonde, it was nothing in comparison to the astounding locks, described in the fable - it wasn't even close! I was positive that the queen was simply unhinged. She was asking for something merely impossible to accomplish. 

"So," the queen said, finally, seemingly minutes after the conclusion of her short story, "my proposal is this: if your darling daughter weaves me a satisfying amount of straw into gold, I will promise to pay you back 20% of everything she manufactures - which, I promise, will be a lot, if the amounts accord to that in the story. However, if she fails to do so," the queen smirked, an absolutely maniacal look in her eyes, "I will slaughter her, and send you her bloody remains to your front doorstep, and you will get absolutely no cash whatsoever. Of course, this is a very generous offer, my dear sir. And so, if you decline, I'm afraid you will have to pay dearly for your... Ungratefulness. Perhaps with your head."

That was when I realised, as I listened intently to her voice, and the way it filled with disturbing satisfaction, as she described all the horrendous punishments she had out for us. The queen wasn't actually expecting me to fulfil the role of the girl in the story. Instead, she anticipated my failure - she wanted me to crash and burn, simply for her amusement. It made me feel sick, right down to the bottoms of my stomach. She knew my task was impossible, and she knew there was no possible way I could possible go through with such a thing. My father obviously wouldn't say yes; he couldn't say yes; he-

He was pushing me; he was pushing me forward, and I stumbled clumsily towards the queen. Taken aback, I turned my back from the woman before me, and instead I stared at him. My eyes bloomed, widening to sizes they had never widened to before. What was he doing? Why did he push me? I stared at him, and I realised his hand was held out - to me, or to the queen, I hadn't a clue - and a tiresome, weary expression was plastered upon his face. He looked older than usual: the limp grey of his hair hung around his face, appearing somewhat greasy, and the grooves and wrinkles which ran over his face, making it appear like pale leather, seemed to deepen, as if he were aging before me. He looked grim; he looked as if he was doing something distasteful; he looked as if he was... 
    Selling his daughter? Giving her away? Trading her to ensure that his own head was safe? Breath hitching, I squeaked out a gasp, as he suddenly said, "Take her," without a moment of hesitation, "take her and let her spin the gold you so desire, your majesty."

I felt as if my heart had been punctured, and I was suddenly deflating before the world's eyes. My father... What was he doing? Was he seriously selling me out? Before I knew it, I was crying: but the tears didn't roll down my face, in big waves, as if my eyes were leaking a tsunami of utter hopelessness. Instead a lone tear - a hopeless stream - trickled down my face. I realised that was all I was capable of right now, as the feeling of betrayal settled into my brain.

"Father," I whispered, reaching out for him, but my limbs stopped, only managing to raise a few centimetres. His own hands were still outstretched, as if offering my up like a prize. And though my back was turned completely, not a single part of my vision focussed upon any of her, I could feel the queen radiating her sickening peals of joy, delighted to think that she'd brought misery down upon another family. 

"Wise choice," she said, coolly, relaxing back as her red nails stroked her cheek in amusement, "wise choice, my good sir."

351sjcz.png

Wow, it's been so long since I've made a proper in-game set like this... So sorry if it's a bit shabby, and I'm double sorry if the quality's a little off. :oops:
    Anyway, I hope my writing was adequate in the end. I can't wait to see everybody else's entries - the ones already submitted were epic. :)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Great Jaybee :)
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Everyone else - THIS IS DUE TODAY. PLEASE GET THIS IN.

Of course, if the majority of you don't we'll wait, but I'd really like NOT to have to do that!!
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    Angel_ZarrAngel_Zarr Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited July 2014
    Assignment One: Prologue

Link To Assignemnt 1 (May Contain Graphic Content)

Note: There's a black border in the photo XD It blends in the my tumblr background. You can just click the HQ Photo to see the assignment picture~
  • Options
    SammLiteSammLite Posts: 1,171 Member
    edited July 2014
    Wowza. EVERYTHING LOOKS SO FANTASTIC.

Working on mine now :XD:
    gif2_zps7841c011.gif
  • Options
    SammLiteSammLite Posts: 1,171 Member
    edited July 2014
    Beech I want to apologize that I will have to drop this competition. I'm so so sorry. :cry:
    gif2_zps7841c011.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Okay Samm.
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    ATTENTION CONTESTANTS:

I'm a teeny, weeny, itty, bitty, bit frustrated that 7/13 contestants have still not submitted and it's only three hours from the deadline. That being said, I know that several of you have checked in with me - Nini, Vana, Lidi, and Kosmo.

Please, get your entries in tonight. What I'll do is allow you all to submit by Friday night, but as a result, those of you who actually get it in tonight will earn 2 bonus points (as well as those who already submitted on time). Please, let's get this going with a bang, not a lull.
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    antebellum13antebellum13 Posts: 183 Member
    edited July 2014
    Angel, you asked a while ago how to get close, clear body shots?

When you hit TAB for your camera controls, line your model up in the center of the camera and then hold Shift+D. This will move your view so that the camera is sideways, but your model is now taking up the majority of your screen. Shift+A takes it back the other way, and the regular controls are all still the same (Q, E, W, A, S, & D). It takes some getting used to, but this really helps get it nice and close without wasting too much space on either side of your model! Then just rotate the screenshot when you start editing!

:)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Angel_Zarr wrote:
    Assignment One: Prologue

Link To Assignemnt 1 (May Contain Graphic Content)

Note: There's a black border in the photo XD It blends in the my tumblr background. You can just click the HQ Photo to see the assignment picture~

Lol not sure if you saw this Beech xD I posted it yesterday afternoon~

@Ante Oh thanks a bunch ^^!!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Nope, I didn't see this. Thank you for reposting it.

6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    UPDATE!

I'm going to close signups and begin judging. We are moving on without Bob, Su, and Kosmo. I'm sorry that you weren't able to continue with us.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Hoping Ayana will send me scores soon...
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Bumpinn to the top :thumbup:
  • Options
    munchkinprincessmunchkinprincess Posts: 1,212 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Oh yeah I've sent scores guys, I posted letting beech know on unbound but best to update you guys here also.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top