Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Feedback: The Sims 4 CAS Demo - CLOSED - PLEASE GO TO NEW THREAD!

1424344454648...Next

Comments

• BUTTONSGINGERBUTTONSGINGER Posts: 5,702 Member
    edited July 2014

Here's a few sims I've made:
    sims4s10.jpg

Again, the demo is a lot of fun. I can't wait to get my hands on the full version! I love The Sims 3 and will continue to play the game but I am really looking forward to having a new way to play my simmies :D
  • MoonbarkerMoonbarker Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited July 2014
    Have they released a date yet to when the CAS will be available to everyone ?? :) Thanks xx

They said later this summer but it's rumored to be August 12.
  • Violet777Violet777 Posts: 95 Member
    edited July 2014
    I've been playing The Sims since 2001 and although I absolutely love the franchise, I have always thought that having the gameplay of TS2 and the graphics and gameplay of TS3 rolled into one game would be absolutely fantastic. From what I have heard and read, TS4 seems to be just that. Yes, I am upset that there will be no toddlers in the base game but I'll get over it.

I have now had a chance to play around with the TS4 CAS Demo and I have to say that I absolutely LOVE the look of these Sims and the hair doesn't look quite so 'plastic' as before. It took me a little while to get used to because it is so different but I found it very easy to use once I got the hang of it. I love the interface too! I have had no problems with the demo and have uploaded two Sims to the gallery very quickly and with no problems whatsoever.

I cannot wait until September 5th when the game releases here in the UK. Personally I think TS4 will be the best in this series of The Sims.
    I am MinicartTSR over at YouTube.

Happy Simming! :)
  • ems0309ems0309 Posts: 541 Member
    edited July 2014
    I am loving it so far. I also think that from what I have seen this is the first time that a basegame has come out with a lot of great CAS stuff. I really hope they add more to it before release!! Soo different from TS3 because even after every EP there were only a few hairstyles I liked so all my sims turned out looking the same. So not the case with the improved CAS. The sliders should have been ditched forever ago.

And on a side note, my computer isn't super powerful but it does run all TS3 EP's fairly well and so far I have noticed no lag in the demo, even the gallery has been super quick and less demanding on bandwith.
  • ems0309ems0309 Posts: 541 Member
    edited July 2014
    Question:

Will there be the ability to save a work in progress? Sometimes I have to leave in a hurry and I don't want to have to mess with picking out all the outfits, name,traits and such to save it to my library to work on later. I'd like to just save what little progress I have done. Right now I just close it out and lose it all. Is there an option I have missed or is this not possible now?

Somebody said there was the other day, so I think so. Don't have it myself so this is 2nd hand information and I can't provide any details.

Yes you absolutely can, when you get ready to exit just click on the folder in the upper right hand corner and click yes, you can even reopen it to edit. Once you are ready to "share" just click the cloud. Even after sharing I have been able to reopen the sim in CAS and edit away, then just save again and overwrite previous save and it's still in the gallery community section.
  • SimsFanatic00SimsFanatic00 Posts: 124 Member
    edited July 2014
    Violet777 wrote:
    I've been playing The Sims since 2001 and although I absolutely love the franchise, I have always thought that having the gameplay of TS2 and the graphics and gameplay of TS3 rolled into one game would be absolutely fantastic. From what I have heard and read, TS4 seems to be just that. Yes, I am upset that there will be no toddlers in the base game but I'll get over it.

I have now had a chance to play around with the TS4 CAS Demo and I have to say that I absolutely LOVE the look of these Sims and the hair doesn't look quite so 'plastic' as before. It took me a little while to get used to because it is so different but I found it very easy to use once I got the hang of it. I love the interface too! I have had no problems with the demo and have uploaded two Sims to the gallery very quickly and with no problems whatsoever.

I cannot wait until September 5th when the game releases here in the UK. Personally I think TS4 will be the best in this series of The Sims.

I thought the samething. The Sims 4 since being made my Maxis seems to be The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 mixed. Which is down right awesome! I loved The Sims 2. The CAS demo is freaking amazing.
  • EmanuelOkusEmanuelOkus Posts: 144 Member
    edited July 2014
    I know what I am about to say is unethical and probably not allowed on some level (lol) But if anyone would to share the demo with me so I can do a review on my channel... I'd appreciate it.

Professorsimmer@gmail.com
  • Scarlett2kScarlett2k Posts: 183 Member
    edited July 2014
    The CAS demo was fun to play with and not that hard to get used to. My only feedback is to allow height adjustments to a SIM and the process to get an outfit to another category is still confusing. Otherwise, I appreciated the opportunity to check out the advance goodies and cannot wait for the next one.
  • lmccall6860lmccall6860 Posts: 54 Member
    edited July 2014
    The Design a Sim demo was really neat. The only problem I encountered was the pushing and pulling for the features was a little hard or maybe my mouse is a bit slow:) and I couldn't see the colored areas very well for what could be adjusted and what couldn't.The Sims look great!
  • SimGuruHydraSimGuruHydra Posts: 1,458 Member
    edited July 2014
    Locking this one as it's getting really long!
    Go here:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/763703.page
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top