Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just Bought the Mouse!

I'm so excited!! The SteelSeries collection is finally available for pre-order and I bought the mouse!! egyptian.gifhappy-dancing.gifhappy.gif

61%2BcNLrgjfL._SL1500_.jpg"width=480"

Comments

• Options
    kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    edited July 2014
    Awesome, i'm happy for you have fun with it :)

I thought it was too expensive though, I mean it's £30 in the UK, just seems like a lot of money for a mouse :D
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    DoritoEvieDoritoEvie Posts: 1,887 Member
    edited July 2014
    I really really want the headphones, but I may go with the mouse instead.
    tumblr_nbwr2zn6951qhv4h7o8_250.giftumblr_mg2bcqeUgc1rthmb0o1_500.gif

• Options
    SuicidalSpidersSuicidalSpiders Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited July 2014
    kovu0207 wrote:

I thought it was too expensive though, I mean it's £30 in the UK, just seems like a lot of money for a mouse :D

Yeah, it is a bit spendy, but I had a bunch of amazon gift cards left over from Christmas and my birthday in March, that I was waiting to spend on something really special... :mrgreen:

EmmaLeen wrote:

I thought about getting the headphones, too, but I don't really use them except for when I exercise, and I wouldn't want to ruin them. :lol:

Btw...I love your siggy. :D
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    kovu0207 wrote:

Yeah, it is a bit spendy, but I had a bunch of amazon gift cards left over from Christmas and my birthday in March, that I was waiting to spend on something really special... :mrgreen:

EmmaLeen wrote:

I thought about getting the headphones, too, but I don't really use them except for when I exercise, and I wouldn't want to ruin them. :lol:

Btw...I love your siggy. :D

Thanks!
    Although 30 GBP is not a lot for a mouse. That would be 45 CHF, and normally a mouse would cost double or more. (in Switzerland)

Anyone know how much the headphones are?

• Options
    edited July 2014
    EmmaLeen wrote:
    [
    Although 30 GBP is not a lot for a mouse. That would be 45 CHF, and normally a mouse would cost double or more. (in Switzerland)

£30 not a lot for a mouse? I would have to politely disagree, it seems very expensive for a mouse in the UK. :(
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    SuicidalSpidersSuicidalSpiders Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited July 2014
    EmmaLeen wrote:

Thanks!

Here's the link to SimsVip's post...

kovu0207 wrote:

£30 not a lot for a mouse? I would have to politely disagree, it seems very expensive for a mouse in the UK. :(

It is for a regular mouse, I agree. But my husband spent about $60 on his gaming mouse...now that's really expensive! lol
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited July 2014
    Cool! I put both the headphones & mouse in my amazon wishlist to buy at a later time, maybe christmas.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited July 2014
    The mouse looks really cool. How nice that you had gift cards to spend.. Love when that happens. :mrgreen:
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    edited July 2014

It is for a regular mouse, I agree. But my husband spent about $60 on his gaming mouse...now that's really expensive! lol

$60 would be about £35 here in the UK, so not much more than this mouse. I think i'd be opting for the proper gaming mouse, seems like much better value to me. :)
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    kovu0207 wrote:
    EmmaLeen wrote:
    [

Okay, lemme rephrase that... It's not that expensive for a mouse for anyone living in Switzerland :P

I don't mean to say that we're all rich biches, because we're not, but you usually get gaming mice for around 90-120 CHF here.

• Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    edited July 2014
    kovu0207 wrote:

$60 would be about £35 here in the UK, so not much more than this mouse. I think i'd be opting for the proper gaming mouse, seems like much better value to me. :)

Wow, I checked out their page and those prices definitely aren't standard conversion rates. Those UK prices seem to be quite a bit higher.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    edited July 2014
    Congrats! I actually bought mine today off amazon and I kept debating whether or not to get the headphones. If I do get them It'll probably be in late August which is my birthday. But who knows? Im not getting the mouse pad though cause I can just use a book lol
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited July 2014
    It's a corded mouse. I have the TS3 sims-mouse and I love it, but the cord limits it very much. My cordless logitech mouse outperforms it because I basically use my entire desk. ^^
  • Options
    WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member
    edited July 2014
    I have the Sims 3 mouse, so I'll probably get this one too. I might wait until Christmas though and have someone else buy me it instead. hehe
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    edited July 2014
    In the UK, the mouse is £25 and the headset £30.99

My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited July 2014
    Wilderwolf wrote:
    I have the Sims 3 mouse, so I'll probably get this one too. I might wait until Christmas though and have someone else buy me it instead. hehe

Yeah, that is what I will suggest to my family when they ask what I want. Don't want Sims 4, but I like the peripherals.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    IvinoraIvinora Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited July 2014
    kovu0207 wrote:
    EmmaLeen wrote:
    [

the mouse i have been using for the last few years ;P
    http://store.gameshark.net/Mad_Catz_R.A.T._7_Gaming_Mouse_for_PC_and_Mac_Gloss_Black/5385/247
    mouses and keyboards can get expensive, the sims mouse looks pretty though ;)so grats on the buy, hope you enjoy it!
    but ever since i started using this mouse i can't handle a regular one anymore (since this one you can adjust lengt and sizes to fit your hand well in person)
    they just feel too small for my palm
  • Options
    Renay94Renay94 Posts: 88 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I've been staring at the mouse and headphones umming and ahhing. But the headphones priced at $80AUD and the mouse at $60AUD , I may have to wait :(
  • Options
    xNeptunexxNeptunex Posts: 132 Member
    edited July 2014
    Renay94 wrote:
    I've been staring at the mouse and headphones umming and ahhing. But the headphones priced at $80AUD and the mouse at $60AUD , I may have to wait :(

Where are you looking as JB Hifi has them for $69 for headphones and $49 for the mouse online for pre-order at the moment?

It's not much but it's a small saving!
  • Options
    Renay94Renay94 Posts: 88 New Member
    edited July 2014
    EB games. I think I might wait until they have them instore and price match, like I do with everything else 8)
  • Options
    DarkLady2788DarkLady2788 Posts: 345 Member
    edited July 2014
    I just Pre-ordered the mouse, headphones and the mouse mat :D
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    The headset has now gone up to 39.99 on amazon now
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Even better the mouse is £23.99 and headset £30.99 at argos
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    edited July 2014
    That mouse has a cord right?

Wow - haven't had a wired mouse for about a decade. They will be placing little balls in the bottom of them next! ;)

Maybe if they bring out a really kicking quality cordless mouse I will have a good look...
  • Options
    SlyBootsSlyBoots Posts: 559 Member
    edited July 2014
    It's £24.99 on Amazon UK not £30 :) But yeah that is pretty expensive, my last mouse cost £3 and it's lasted aaaagess! I still kinda want this one though... will it work with laptops? I.e. USB output?

Also, what I don't get with the headset is that the plumbobs change with your sims emotion... but if you're wearing them you won't see it anyway?!