March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♥ The Worlds of Rflong7 ♥ =D

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    edited July 2014
    aknitak wrote:
    Rflong7 wrote:
    @aknitak- Thanks! :mrgreen:
    I can find it... I found four and I'll try and get it out to you. I'll have to test it because it's from way back in 2011 or somewhere near there. :D

Wow, that would be so sweet!!! :shock: Hope it's not too much work though! I would offer to test it myself, but that's probably not really helpful :roll:

I actually tried island build, placed a few lots (I'm so bad at this :D ), but there seems to be a problem with the legacy lot. My sim can't leave it unless I direct him manually to the sidewalk, and he stomps his feet when I just send him home from somewhere. Resetting the lot with master controller or changing the front side didn't help, and if I turn or replace it in edit town the beautiful vista is gone (of course) ... well, I guess that's a minor issue :D

You are so nice! Hugs

Hi :D

That happens with lots sometimes and I never know why or when. What you should be able to do is go to Edit Town, move your Sim to the clipboard and go into the lot to make sure there's something there- add a wall or post or a few objects- then back in Edit Town use the bulldozer tool and remove the lot. That should reset the lot and not take the BV away.

I'm going to go in one Legacy Island and remove the Generations objects to use that version. It has the science island moved but still has the island.
    I'm thinking about extending the beach a little but mostly to go into EIG and remove the Gen objects. :D

**Then I'll let you test it. The world files are several years old so it'll need it. :D
  • aknitakaknitak Posts: 9 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Rflong7 wrote:
    That happens with lots sometimes and I never know why or when. What you should be able to do is go to Edit Town, move your Sim to the clipboard and go into the lot to make sure there's something there- add a wall or post or a few objects- then back in Edit Town use the bulldozer tool and remove the lot. That should reset the lot and not take the BV away.

Thank you!! it worked :mrgreen:
    I'm going to go in one Legacy Island and remove the Generations objects to use that version. It has the science island moved but still has the island.
    I'm thinking about extending the beach a little but mostly to go into EIG and remove the Gen objects. :D

If it's that much work just because of Generations :shock: I guess I could probably live with that EP in it, even though it's one of my least favorites. Spiral stairs, bunk beds and chemistry station are ok, but the creepy dolls, midlife crisis, graduation ceremony etc. ... gaaaaaaaaaah :lol: I don't know how many people think like me, don't want to be selfish :oops:

• duyguugudurduyguugudur Posts: 2,684 Member
    edited July 2014
    Rflong7 wrote:

Hello again, MiniHood looks soo awesome! So i guess all lots are 10x10 and 10x15 ? :)

:oops: I checked but i might overlooked or missed, what ep/sp did u use? Since it is an empty world,i guess no store content or custom content used? :)

It might be a good challange for me to work with mini lots! :)

Wish you a good day!

Hi, :D
    I used Ambitions and some buildings from Pets. I'm not sure if there's any WA trees or anything else. Shouldn't be any special spawners. :)
    No store or CC.

Thank you again hun! :) Will definitely download it when i fix my launcher issues :)

Also heard from our fairymother Shirley that you had created a new Bridge Port now open foe testing! ;) But cannot found the link of ur thread... Can u pls provide it? :mrgreen:
    edited July 2014

Well, I don't feel comfortable posting it here and I'm not sure how to share it. :(

edited July 2014
    Rflong7 wrote:

Well, I don't feel comfortable posting it here and I'm not sure how to share it. :(

Oh hun did someone made a rude comment or made you offended somehow? :( I am not violant person in my nature, but sure can smack sense to them :twisted:

If you feel uncomfortable here, maybe somewhere else? like ur forum/blog or maybe private email when its finished? No pressure through hun!!! It is ok, act like how you feel... ;):D

big Hugs xxx
    edited October 2014
    I guess I shouldn't worry but I've had a few worlds reported as pirated EA stuff and had to remove them from Mediafire. And it is an EA world although the CAW files are still allowed to be posted in the CAW FAQ without it being removed. ... Aw well: it's still in testing. I have to finish it soon, though. :lol:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/uxebkdonsukcrp0/My_Bridgeport.Sims3Pack

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
    Post edited by Rflong7 on
  • GrandmothergamerGrandmothergamer Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited July 2014
    :mrgreen: Hooray!

Your magical, marvelous, W.I.P. has made your world thread! Woo.
    May I say publicly, I think that this is a masterpiece.

I can't imagine anyone at all not finding this to be their dream world if they love
    cities.

We will never need to break our games by placing lots to fit the lots we want into game, there is an embarrassingly rich amount of lots for those of us greediest for space.

It is wonderful how easy it is to create different 'sectors' and the flow and balance is nothing short of wizardry.

It is really easy to create different moods, and I can't imagine anyone will not be able to create the background they want for their 'stories'.

I have found it clear, light and bright, and as smooth as silk.
    I did a really hard, fast 5 Sims week play session with story prog, Festivals, Showtime lots, but single moon phase, and no life states and Pets active.

During the first week, there was a 3 am update noticeable but then it seemed to be 'settled'.
    I imported a number of households and houses, built some, placed a lot of builds and lots, but did not fill all the vacant lots.

My doll has now lived in all the sectors of the city, from the swamp,penthouse,wharf lots and sundry other places.
    The subways and taxis work well, the food truck is around when you need it, and there was nowhere he could not jog, and then go by car when he could afford one.

The fishing is spectacular. Fishing in the pond in the swamp netted him some frogs, he could throw a line off the bottom of his garden on the wharf and catch fish, and the pond next to the park is a place of beauty. What an improvement!

There is loads to collect, and what a surprise to find a dig site! Excavating netted him a pushable statue fragment and a Mysterious Mr Gnome.

Having the 'Bridgeport Martial Arts Academy' had him learn the skill, and gives him somewhere to invite the next chess challenger without having to do the tedious socials needed when you do it from home, and by the 3rd day, he had many sparring partners to choose from.
    So, as you can all see, there is nothing this world can't give you!
    You have a flawless world to make into anything you want for your play style.

I know that I will be playing various versions of this world for years to come.

From brash modern neon, to a very satisfactory Jazz Age/NOLA world with a bit of help from the store.

With the way the different areas of this masterpiece are arranged, I can see it would not take too much imagination to make 'Hollywood' into a country district by moving the usual builds there into town should I ever chose to do so.

We all owe you a huge thank you Becca.
    I am still in awe that a cheeky request for you to make your wonderful Dark Harbour into a city world with the right size lots for the LN builds led to this.
    [not that that wouldn't be the cherry on the top of course :twisted: ]

Seriously though, words cannot express how wonderful it is that you have taken the time to do this for us.
    There will be 100's of very happy Simmers. :D
  • DonLatharoDonLatharo Posts: 151 Member
    edited July 2014
    Rflong-

I just want to thank you for all of the time and hard work you have put in to create these masterpieces, you have truly made playing the sims 3 more fun, I love every single one of your worlds! The simming community really appreciates you and the work you have put in! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Just a humble thank you, to my favorite world-creator :!: :!: 8) :D
    edited July 2014

@Grandmothergamer - I'm so glad you're ejoying it! :mrgreen:

@DonLatharo - Aww! Thanks so much for the lovely comment, it's very sweet of you. :mrgreen:
    I'm extremely glad you enjoy them. :D
  • Illyianna2005Illyianna2005 Posts: 895 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm with Don an Grandmothergamer, you have an amazing talent for creating worlds and making them flow. I've tried several of your Worlds and simply love Legacy Island 3 and Beach City. It's nice to be able to load up a World and just step into it and play.

I really appreciate your talent and hard work as well as the time you put into your World's to make them run well for all, thank you for making Sims 3 more fun.
  • DonLatharoDonLatharo Posts: 151 Member
    edited July 2014
    Rflong-

Your welcome!, I also have a question, do you plan to continue playing/building with The Sims 4, or are you sticking with 3?? :P
  • moefymoefy Posts: 251 Member
    edited July 2014
    hello Rflong i love it thank you :P
    edited July 2014
    Rflong7 wrote:
    I guess I shouldn't worry but I've had a few worlds reported as pirated EA stuff and had to remove them from Mediafire. And it is an EA world although the CAW files are still allowed to be posted in the CAW FAQ without it being removed. ... Aw well: it's still in testing. I have to finish it soon, though. :lol:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/uxebkdonsukcrp0/My_Bridgeport.Sims3Pack

Ohhhh amazing! like amazing!! :lol::mrgreen:
    Well that's shame :oops: wish i can help you abt these Mediafire/share situation..

But Becca, you are really awesome ,top class world creator!! You deserved many well deserved praises,recommendation, and many tanks/gratitudes for what you had done for us, sims 3 players! :wink:

I know from first hand that how amazing person you are...You are really kind and generous and totally genius!! :mrgreen:

I agree with everything Shirley that had said for you, i haven't downloaded and played ur this world but i surely enjoy my beach world that you had actually give your time and ur hardwork to arrange it just for me... Ohh worlds cannot express my gratitude, for you and for Shirley ofc!!

@Shirley,ur description/experience of world want me to snatch it right away and try :)
    From experience you haven't had any issues too i guess... :mrgreen:

Will definitely try these one,if possible can you share what ep,sp,store content you had used? or did you share it somewhere inthe forums so i can check?

I had bought a bit more ep and sp recently and even gotten some more store content due to DD and ofc thanks to Shirley, as she she really spoilt me to the core!! Still cannot believe i have these new old mill set like everyone else you can have it when it is released... :oops: :D

Wish i can do somethings for you guys to make you happy like you do make me happy!!
    Becca, you are an awesome creator already but if you want i can design some lots for you to ease ur heavy work load?? :oops: :oops:

Shirley same offer stands for you too,i would like to make you smile and happy!! :lol:
  • kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hello Rflong7 :) (^.^)/ *waves*
    Your worlds are incredible thank you for sharing them with us :) You are a very talented lady :)
    Bridgeport is and has always been my favourite world and I am super excited about the changes you have made in your version. The mini district and bayou area looks fantastic. I look forward downloading and playing in your Bridgeport :D
    rnKEhBT.png
  • shipofsimsshipofsims Posts: 905 Member
    edited July 2014
    Oh Wow!!!
    Rlong your Bridgeport looks great. :mrgreen:
    Every time I think this is my favorite world, somebody else makes another and I fall in love again.

Is this a Beta version? Or the final?
    Either way it looks fantastic, so much better then the original one.
    And I love the swamp. :mrgreen:

Hugs Dutchy.
  • KoveeKovee Posts: 880 Member
    edited July 2014
    Is there dive lots? How about docs? I thought that one area were there is a deco along the water would be a great place for a doc and such.
    edited July 2014
    Hi :mrgreen:

@Illyianna2005 - Thank you so much! I've had the best time not only with CAW but with all the great people here. Sharing here has made TS3 so much more fun. :mrgreen:

@DonLatharo- Since it's a base game I expect to still go back and forth like I did with TS2/TS and TS3/TS2. I still have all my Sims games (I didn't buy many console Sims games though) :mrgreen:

@moefy- Hi, Moefy. Thanks, Wonderful! :mrgreen:

@duyguugudur- Thanks for the offer, I'm sure I'll take you up on that. I always need builds because mine start looking the same. :XD:
    *I didn't use any store or SPs for Bridgeport- nor any ITF. I'm still working on adding more and getting a few more lots for Store lots. :D

@kateoverend- Thank you so much! It's still beta- still want to add a few things. I'll be back into Bridgeport this week *knock on wood*. :hugz: :mrgreen:

@DutchySim- Hi, Dutchy! :mrgreen:
    Beta. Wonderful-It's a small swamp area though. 8)

@Kovee- Thanks! There's one port so far and no dive lots. The water is to shallow and I'm not up to redoing the map, sorry. :(

• thewhitecatthewhitecat Posts: 25 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Hi there Rflong7!

Just wanted to say I have been playing Picaroon Island non-stop for ages and I love it! I added a few lots and made a few changes but overall its still your world and it's my absolute fave!
    I do have one question...I have been following this particular thread for some time now and I can't quite figure out - did you finish updating Legacy island and Isle of Sims? I'm very excited to try these out! It looks as though you were updating with all EP's so just wondering if you finished and if you did end up using all the EP's for both of these worlds.
    Thanks again for your hard work - I really appreciate creators like you cuz I'm not that talented (or patient!)

Have a wonderful day! :thumbup:
  • nateslicenateslice Posts: 1,440 Member
    edited July 2014
    These are some great-looking towns!

Like probably a lot of other simmers, I'll be going on a bit of a user-created world downloading frenzy in the near future. No telling how long EA will continue to host them here, after all. I've definitely got my eye on these towns. Thanks, Rflong!
  • kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited July 2014
    Rflong7 wrote:

@kateoverend- Thank you so much! It's still beta- still want to add a few things. I'll be back into Bridgeport this week *knock on wood*. :hugz: :mrgreen:
    Hello Rflong7 :) I am very much looking forward to see your Bridgeport in its entirety once complete... Although judging by Shirley's memories it looks complete and pretty perfect already! :D :thumbup:
    Thank you so very much for creating and sharing 'Becca's Bridgeport' with us (/^‿^)/ ❤ \(^‿^\) *ℓσνє αη∂ ѕquɪѕɧƴ ɧυɢѕ*
    rnKEhBT.png
    edited July 2014
    Rflong7 wrote:

@duyguugudur- Thanks for the offer, I'm sure I'll take you up on that. I always need builds because mine start looking the same. :XD:
    *I didn't use any store or SPs for Bridgeport- nor any ITF. I'm still working on adding more and getting a few more lots for Store lots. :D

Heya back!! :)

YAY Pls take my offer :) I sincerly mean it!! :)

and no ITF?? Really? YAY ,love you!!! *big hugs* besides that only showtime and IP is missing fm my side,but i am sure i will have them eventually!! and no plans for water caves/dive points!! That's another good point for me,as i am sure my poor laptop won't take it! :) How many/which ones store content are you planned to use? Sooo maybe i can start creating lot for new Bridge port :) just ask whatever you need :)

If donot have it particular store content,i will let you know! But at worst i will create a lot only leave you add the store content...plus our fairy Shirley spoilt me very much and made a shutter and left wordless very recently! :oops: :oops: :D

wish you nice week!! :)
  • GrandmothergamerGrandmothergamer Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited July 2014
    :mrgreen: Just to tell you all, still playing in Becca's Bridgeport, and everything is still running flawlessly.
    I am also delighted there is nothing from ITTF, still haven't gotten to take a doll there yet! Too much else to do in game, so it's very much into the future for me :lol:

The port works like a dream, I'm really pleased that there are no dive lots though.
    The one and only time I had a moments trouble with water taxis was when my boy was fishing off the wharf when he stayed in a house there, and I wanted him to fish of the side on the extreme right hand edge.
    A boat taxi appeared at the bottom of his lot, he rode around to the front -- ran down the side again and dropped in his line.
    He never had any problems using his car to go anywhere else in town when he lived there.

He has been able to go sailing, snorkeling, windsurfing and skiing with no trouble at all.
    In short, the world is flawless guys. Pure heaven.
    edited July 2014
    :mrgreen: Just to tell you all, still playing in Becca's Bridgeport, and everything is still running flawlessly.
    I am also delighted there is nothing from ITTF, still haven't gotten to take a doll there yet! Too much else to do in game, so it's very much into the future for me :lol:

The port works like a dream, I'm really pleased that there are no dive lots though.
    The one and only time I had a moments trouble with water taxis was when my boy was fishing off the wharf when he stayed in a house there, and I wanted him to fish of the side on the extreme right hand edge.
    A boat taxi appeared at the bottom of his lot, he rode around to the front -- ran down the side again and dropped in his line.
    He never had any problems using his car to go anywhere else in town when he lived there.

He has been able to go sailing, snorkeling, windsurfing and skiing with no trouble at all.
    In short, the world is flawless guys. Pure heaven.

Ohhh soo this another master piece of Becca!! You and Becca are rule!! :thumbup:

Thank you for sharing ur experiences Shirley :)
    edited July 2014

@thewhitecat - Awesome- Thanks so much! Picaroon was a fun island to make. :mrgreen:

Legacy Island has been updated to Legacy Island 3 and it's finished. No much ITF.

Isle of Sims was updated to a Users specific needs and then I kinda didn't finish the update for all the rest of the expansions (that would fit) - so no, it's not done yet. :(

Have a Wonderful day, too. :mrgreen:

@nateslice- Wonderful! I hope you have lots of fun playing in them. :mrgreen:

@kateoverend- Thanks so much! (/^‿^)/ ❤ \(^‿^\) *ℓσνє αη∂ ѕquɪѕɧƴ ɧυɢѕ* <- That is so cute. :mrgreen:

@duyguugudur- Awesome! If you want to share any lots for certain worlds I'll link them to it. :D

@Grandmothergamer - Awesome! :mrgreen:

@duyguugudur - Lol~ :D It's an EA masterpiece- I've only edited it a little to fit a few more things. :D

... I don't plan on adding lots from every expansion to Bridgeport nor any of the Store Venues. I don't plan on adding the pets stuff but there's room to add them if someone wants them.
    I really didn't plan on sharing it and was only editing it by request but I don't mind sharing it. I also have no idea what ITF lot sizes are needed so those won't be added. I've played it a little but I haven't played the Simbots yet. :(

So, that's probably it... I'm editing a few things and then My Bridgeport will be on Mediafire, not on the Exchange. :)

• aknitakaknitak Posts: 9 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Rflong7 wrote:
    So, that's probably it... I'm editing a few things and then My Bridgeport will be on Mediafire, not on the Exchange. :)

I'm so gonna want that :mrgreen: thank you!

Oh and you really should play the plumbots, they are awesome :lol:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top