Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Feedback: The Sims 4 CAS Demo - CLOSED - PLEASE GO TO NEW THREAD!

Comments

• Options
    13dawidch13dawidch Posts: 77 New Member
    edited July 2014
    OH.MY.GOD. I want it RIGHT NOW OMG. I can't wait to test it :( Please, give me :v I'm gonna die...
  • Options
    Tsuewit172Tsuewit172 Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
    Hey @SimGuruHydra, I was sent the Sims 4 Create A Sim Demo but it refuses to work on my pc. I have my Dxdiag info but my config log was blank when i opened it. I deleted all my games and extra stuff to make space but it still didn't work. I even typed in -w in the game properties, while making sure the demo wasn't running but that didn't worl either. Here's my dxdiag info:

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.140303-2144)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
    System Model: Studio Hybrid 140g
    BIOS: BIOS Date: 07/04/08 12:27:32 Ver: 08.00.14
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5750 @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
    Memory: 1536MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 1528MB RAM
    Page File: 1813MB used, 1241MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode
  • Options
    kimirs16kimirs16 Posts: 76 Member
    edited July 2014
    Plz give it to me early! :'(
  • Options
    Kiingyy23Kiingyy23 Posts: 326 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hey @SimGuruHydra, I was sent the Sims 4 Create A Sim Demo but it refuses to work on my pc. I have my Dxdiag info but my config log was blank when i opened it. I deleted all my games and extra stuff to make space but it still didn't work. I even typed in -w in the game properties, while making sure the demo wasn't running but that didn't worl either. Here's my dxdiag info:

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.140303-2144)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
    System Model: Studio Hybrid 140g
    BIOS: BIOS Date: 07/04/08 12:27:32 Ver: 08.00.14
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5750 @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
    Memory: 1536MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 1528MB RAM
    Page File: 1813MB used, 1241MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Try updating your service pack to either 2 or 3 is my only suggestion :D

Edit: Or go to your control panel and click on device manager to see if there's any updates available for your computer. Not sure where Device manager is on Windows 7 but Im sure google has the answer :D
  • Options
    nuna504nuna504 Posts: 130 Member
    edited July 2014
    Before I give any feedback, I would like to say thanks for allowing me the opportunity and that after testing I am looking forward to the Sims 4 release. Feeling very excited. :D

Now here are my likes and dislikes

1. The ability to customize your Sims walk (Love it!!) :wink:
    2. Graphics :thumbup:
    3. Make up choices
    4. Bonus Traits

Dislikes:
    1. Difficulty using and seeing the mouse when editing a sim (Maybe it's just me)
    2. Needs more color choices (color wheel)

image_zps1b911b61.png
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hi there, after continuing to experiment with the demo, it seems the only problem I'm having is getting the hairstyles to "stick." I like to try different hairstyles first before settling on the ones I like and when I try to save my household, the hairs will resort back to the original hair the sims had before I chose the one I wanted...does that make any sense?

I've only uploaded a couple of sims to the Gallery because of this so I will be making sims for my library mostly to put in the game when I get it.

But other than that, I love the demo and will continue to make sims until Sept. 2 when I can finally play the game...can't wait. :mrgreen:
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    ClodgeatronClodgeatron Posts: 2
    edited July 2014
    I have just made a household with the demo. I think that it is amazing! At first I didn't think I would want the Sims 4, but this demo has changed my mind. I can't wait until this game is released in the UK!

Great Points:
    - Love the ability to change how sims walk.
    - Love some of the hairstyles.
    - Love some of the clothing choices.

Not So Good Points:
    - Difficulty using and seeing the mouse when editing a sim.
    - Not enough colour choices. (bring back the colour wheel!)
    - More clothing choices would be nice.

I love the demo and can't wait for the game! :)
  • Options
    LindaluLindalu Posts: 684 Member
    edited July 2014

You have that wrong Linda.... you don't get to choose one of every category. You can choose three on just the hobbies if you want. There are just 4 categories of traits you can choose from, but you get only 3 selections. Your choices will fill up at the top. If you don't like one, then X on the top right of the trait bubble at the top to remove it and select a different one. :-) [/quote]

Ohhhhhh, it pays to voice. Thanks for the clarification, I will try again.

• Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    edited July 2014
    zorba2357 wrote:
    One possible small glitch:

My sims' makeup disappeared when I changed her into the "stylized" clothing everyday catagory. She kept the makeup with all the other everyday outfits.

I could reapply the makeup, but it took a couple of tries before it "stuck".

I *think* because the stylized clothing is a preset of sorts that it just replaces head-to-toe with whatever the "style" is.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    21douha21douha Posts: 2 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I had the chance to try out the demo a few days ago.
    First, I love how much more personalized the interface of creating your sim has become. It certainly provides you with some extra features that haven't been seen before. I especially love how simple it is to find what you're looking for and just the whole organization of it. I really enjoyed how the "random" button also has customizations that you can talor to suit the sim you wish to play, without spending so much time making a new sim from scratch.

I was really looking forward to the pinch-and-drag tool that has been shown to us in the trailers, however I have to admit I was a little disappointed at it's flexibility. It's flexible in the sense that you can customize pretty much every component of your sims body to your liking, however I found the tool very rigid, and required quite the effort to move a part of the body even slightly. I'm just hoping that it's a bug fix and it won't be like that in the real game. It was too much to try to adapt to, I ended up not even using the tool when I created my sims in this demo.

Other than that, I honestly don't think I had any problems with it. Everything ran smoothly. Everything is a lot easy to navigate, including the relationships, and it brings a lot to the table, so I'm excited. (Just please fix the drag tool!)
  • Options
    jmvande3jmvande3 Posts: 2
    edited July 2014
    I just got the chance to mess around with the CAS demo and I have to say I really like it. But I did notice that when changing the body the sliders were kind of rigid and not very smooth. I really like how you could change the persons walk to fit how you wanted their personality to be, that was a great add. I enjoyed the stylized clothing aspect but I wish there were more options to it.
  • Options
    puddleofmuddfan24puddleofmuddfan24 Posts: 14 New Member
    edited July 2014
    jimmysnan wrote:
    What is the criteria for getting a CAS demo? I have heard that your PR man gave one out because someone begged for it (a bit inappropriately) but, I am not about to beg that way. I have not pre-ordered the game because I have not gotten any substantial information that the game will play on a 64 bit gaming computer, so I am a little skeptical. I also wanted to be able to find something that would make me want this game and if you had sent a demo to everyone then that would help them to make up their minds. If it takes begging and pre-ordering than you will most likely lose a customer here. I own every sims game from sims 1 through Sims medieval and all of spore and battlefield four I also have everything in the store, there are others like me out there, and we have been faithful customers of EA even when the games do not play as they should. I would not have a problem here with the demos given out at random like they were told they would be but if you beg and send pictures than you get the demo. Then that person goes and brags about it and that gets a PR person into trouble with the fans, but they got a demo! I think now would be a good time to give it to everyone who has an account don't you?

I'm running the demo on a 64 bit laptop..I am not having any issues running the demo.. I have the graphics turned up.. there is also a selection in the options menu for a laptop mode i however am not using it since im not having a issue...
  • Options
    RedStainedRabbitRedStainedRabbit Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
    I very much enjoyed the demo for the CAS. As promised, the ability to customize the Sim's body was easy, though a bit laggy and time consuming. I liked the Stylized outfits, since it helped with dressing them more quickly after you spend an hour customizing everything else about them. Hopefully there will be more sets in the true release-- and maybe the possibility to make and save our own?

What I was disappointed with was the tattoos. They were beautiful and detailed, but the male Sims didn't have some of the options that the female ones did. I think the tattoos should be available for all Sims. Just because my Sim is a guy it doesn't mean he wouldn't love a pair of angel wings inked into his back. Along with the "ink" becoming unisex, I also hope that more of them are added, in more colors. That would be beautiful.

Other than the lack of the ability to give my male Sim the tattoo I wanted him to have, I found everything else enjoyable and fun.
  • Options
    puddleofmuddfan24puddleofmuddfan24 Posts: 14 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I've been playing the demo for several days now.. almost quite nonstop lol.... I'm having zero issues with the demo, running smoothly... the only thing that is beginning to bother me it the eyelashes.. they are really blocky compared to the sims 3... I love the demo but when applying makeup the eyelashes are really distracting....
  • Options
    boggieboggie Posts: 348 Member
    edited July 2014
    Thanks for choosing me for the demo. I had fun with it I plan to play some more.

One thing I did like was that when I choose a hair style I can put on hat on my sim and still have the same hair style. I like having a choice of walking style.

What I wish it had is when I pick a different hair style that the colors I chose would be the same for formal, sleeping etc. I also think you should add a color wheel. I like to decide the color of the outfits.

It wasn't easy for me to adjust the sims face and body. I felt like my mouse didn't have a good hold on the sims.

Lastly for now is I know this is a demo but, are there going to be more traits? and are we going to be able to add more than a few traits? Also are we going to be able to add/download patterns and styles?
  • Options
    HencogHencog Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
    I was fortunate enough to be one of the random simmers who got chosen to test CAS for The Sims 4.
    So first of all, I have to admit that I was a bit negative regarding the styling of the game. The sims seem cartoony. The hair looks like something you'd pop onto the head of your lego people. It seemed to lack the detail I'm so fond of in sims 3. That and the news of not having toddlers or pools in the base game really made me doubt EA and where they were taking my favorite game.

(Un)Fortunately, after playing around with the new CAS, I'm going to have to eat my words about how bad I thought the game was going to be.

It's genuinely fun making new sims. The flexibility is outstanding. At first, working without sliders was challenging, but I figured it out really quickly. It's much easier to make sims exactly the way I want them to look. The first challenge I set myself was to re-create my Sims 3 family. They came out perfectly AND I was able to tweak a few bits and bobs to make them look just so. I can honestly say that I am blown away by what's been accomplished in CAS alone.I WILL be purchasing a copy of sims 4, because if CAS is already this awesome, I van not wait to experience building a house (I'll overlook the lack of pool building tools for now).

But really guys, big giant loud rounds of applause for this new CAS. I love it. It really is everything it was promised to be and getting to experience it first hand is wonderful. I can't wait for September to roll around now.

Thank you for making a believer out of me.
  • Options
    MenshleeMenshlee Posts: 219 Member
    edited July 2014
    Here's some feedback. Please tell us when you are sending out the waves. Also tell us the exact release date of the demo for the public. Also, unless ive missed something, I do not know the specs for the actual game. We have just over a month and half before the entire game is released and we don't know the specs for the game. I'd like to update my computer in time.
  • Options
    LaxiaLaxia Posts: 2 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I dont received le demo.. I am disappoibted very much.. I have every extebtion ts3, pre orter I baught 28 septembre and oli baught 100 000 simpoint. EA dont have respect for clients faithfulls :(( big deception
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm doing better since correcting the resolution, haha... went back into my gallery uploads and saw what a bunch of fatheads I made. :D Good-NESS!!!
  • Options
    kashelle03kashelle03 Posts: 66 Member
    edited July 2014
    After spending two more hours messing around in the CAS demo and reading the forums I figured I should post more about what I've seen.

Things I Love - The ability to randomize the first name separately from the last name is great, because I often pick out the family name, but have no idea what my sim's first name should be. And all of the filters are great, from the subcategories of clothing to the ability to search for clothes by color, etc. Something I really hope remains in is the ability to take a sim from my library and edit them in CAS then replace them in my library. I hated in Sims 3 that you couldn't take sims from the family bin and take them back into CAS to make changes, particularly as new content was added.

UI - The open-ended nature of CAS is great, but it makes it easy to forget to do things. The setup of Sims 3 made it easy to know you get everything, whereas with the demo I found myself unsure if I remembered everything and sometimes pulling sims back out of my library because there was something I missed. It would be helpful if the color choices button was a bit bigger to make it easier to open. I like being able to turn off filters so I can make my sim sleep in a suit if I want, but it would be great if turning off a filter for jackets stayed off when you switched catories instead of having to turn it off each time.

Presets - Since certain presets effect others, it would be helpful to know where to start. I skimmed the lessons, but there didn't seem to be one. Like, do we set all presets first and then customize, or can you get the eyes perfect before doing the cheekbones, or what?

Eyelashes - I am not a big fan of the eyelashes, in particular the longest set. They look like makeup, not hair. Also, it seems the only way to change them is to change the entire eye preset, there is no separate eyelash menu so if you forget to do it before custmizing eye shape you have to start all over.

Makeup - I don't really know what to say. Almost all of the makeup is so extreme I can't imagine using it. The first eyeshadow was the only one I liked. The blush was good, but I would never use any of the eyeliners, particularly the colors, which were all neon, except for the black which was incredibly thick in every style. I couldn't figure out what the difference was supposed to be between the two lipsticks, they were both okay, but most of the color choices for each were not correct. It would be good if we could set the makeup for all outfits if we want instead of having the set it for each individually. On the bright side, its really easy to make clown sims now!

Hair/Skin/Eyes - I wish there were more options for color here. If not the color wheel then maybe sliders in certain colors, like brown, black red, blonde. I felt very limited, and it seemed like you had to match colors to body type or your sims look wrong - mostly too ashy or too shiny, depending on the sim. Many of the skin tones looked pink to me, like permanent sunburn on a skin tone instead of the skin tone by itself.
    Also, I wish the ponytail hairstyle for females remained with a hat instead of the sim tucking her hair up under the hat.

Accessories - I definitely think males need earrings that go in only one ear instead of being forced to put them in both. It would also be great if you could decide which arm to put the bracelets on and have the option of wearing the same thing on each arm. It would be helpful to have the option of setting your accessories to go with all outfits instead of having to choose them separately for each outfit. And there is no watch for females to wear right now, I hope that is added to the base game.

Color/Lack of CASt - Since we are not getting to edit the coloring of anything ourselves, it makes the color already present in the game much more important. There is definitely a lack here. Certain clothing pieces were difficult to find matches to, and some tops and bottoms that clearly went together didn't have the same color matches available. It would be great if when I choose a color filter it were easier to find outfits that made sense, but sometimes the only things the right color were a formal top with athletic shorts. Also, many of the colors that appear in the choice don't reflect the color of the object. The pinks for facial makeup were often wrong and pretty much all the male shoes that say black are actually blue.

More Content - Just some things I'd like to see in the base game that aren't in CAS right now. More hairstyles for men like dreadlocks and corn rows and just longer hair overall for men. Certain categories of clothing are really lacking right now. The only thing currently listed in the long pants category for women aren't long pants, they are capris, there are not skirts that are ankle length. There are only about 4 choices for pajamas for women and about that for men, and one of the female full body outfits is missing its subclassification, which makes it hard to find.

One last thing, I saw it mentioned here so I checked for myself, and I also think it is possible to make your sims (male and female) too thin. Maybe it was done this way for storytelling purposes, but I'm not so sure it is a good idea to make 🐸🐸🐸🐸 sims a possiblity. The way the ribs become visible and stick out is just scary.
  • Options
    jcasper79jcasper79 Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
    am a big fan of ea ea is a very good at making the sims 4 am a sim fan I love the sims please let me try out the sims 4 create a sim demo
  • Options
    Kiingyy23Kiingyy23 Posts: 326 Member
    edited July 2014
    Laxia - I'm afraid it doesn't go on how much you've spent on Sims or how loyal you are. The Demo's seriously have been given to random people. Some people who've got them have never made a forum post or even a creation to The Sims 3 website. It doesn't matter who you are or what you've done. It's still random. I haven't received it but hey I can wait till Summer, Doesn't bother me much :D
  • Options
    13dawidch13dawidch Posts: 77 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Is there way to get chances for Demo bigger? I still hasn't got it and I'm about to explode. I'm serious.
  • Options
    kimirs16kimirs16 Posts: 76 Member
    edited July 2014
    Who do I have to talk to directly to get this demo!? :(
  • Options
    ems0309ems0309 Posts: 541 Member
    edited July 2014
    One thing I noticed that bugged me was the fact that earrings and necklaces weren't in the accessory category in the clothing. If that could be moved from the "body" part and put in with the clothing it would make things better.

Great job with the sub categories, it really makes things easier to find and navigate through.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top