Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Petition to delay The Sims 4: 712 signatures and counting.

Comments

• BlueStreetBlueStreet Posts: 174 Member
    edited July 2014
    Sign me up if I haven't signed already.
    It's worth a shot right?

In the end sc038 is right and it's pointless. It just won't do anything at all.
    With the release a little more then a month away and we are talking a hard copy not just a digital copy i'm sure they already have the game being printed. This is EA and when you look at their recent history you realize that this company isn't caring about making a quality product.

But I believe your seeing the same situation you were seeing with SimCity.
    People are hearing this news, they are cancelling their preorders. You have the fans warning EA this game isn't ready, this isn't what the majority of customers is going to want.
    Yes this game will sell, but this ISN'T like Sims 3 at all and the customers going to want to expect more this time around. While they are improving the Sims aspect which is great that appears to be the ONLY real thing that's getting an upgrade.
    This is a SimsCity, Command & Conquer, Dungeon Keeper once again they maybe killing another series.
    Not saying overall it won't be an enjoyable game but I think the majority of customers are going to expect more.

a Delay should happen to make this a true Sims sequel. It clearly needs to be delayed. But it's not going to happen no matter what at this point.
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited July 2014
    To7m wrote:
    sc038 wrote:
    Hi sc038, welcome to the thread. See my response to Memina11 above. If you're going to disagree, which you are welcome to do, please do so politely. :) Your post there seems very mean-spirited with its all caps "HAHAHAHAHAHAs". Remember, just because we're on the internet isn't license to be rude to each other. Take care.

i think i am going to reply how i want to thank you very much. and this thread is ridiculous because it is a bunch of people who are unhappy with the game trying to delay it for the majority of those who actually like it. and yes my "HAHAHA" was mocking the absurdity of this thread.

I think you'll find your 'majority' is actually the minority you disgusting little imp.
    T07m, do NOT call people "disgusting little imps" in this thread, or I will report you. My call to "disagree politely" goes for both sides of the argument. As for sc038, I suggest ignoring them if they don't have anything constructive to say.

Thread updated.

I apologise. I forgot myself for a moment there!
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited July 2014
    I normally don't sign petitions, but I am going to sign this one. Signed.
  • tea_and_bluestea_and_blues Posts: 889 Member
    edited July 2014
    To7m wrote:
    I apologise. I forgot myself for a moment there!
    Thanks for being cool. If I have rules in this thread, I've got to apply them consistently.

InannaWintermoon, funny thing is, you're the second signatory. :P I hope everyone is well. I'll probably be off for a while with my course starting back up. Be nice to each other.
  • DolphineQDolphineQ Posts: 1,799 Member
    edited July 2014
    Signed.

Also, I found THIS link, where they "explain why they have decided to not put toddlers and pools into the basegame": http://tinyurl.com/kvpjhag

I'm sorry, but it sounds wrong to me. And it sounds like the game is at least 6 months from ready-to-be-released, because it really cannot be THAT hard to at least keep the pools and toddlers...
    Please share and support me in my work with rescue cats! https://www.gofundme.com/DolphineQCats

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • HonorArielHonorAriel Posts: 6 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Signed.
  • eclipsetrixxzeclipsetrixxz Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited July 2014
    ^not just delay it ADD toddlers.
    -sign me up. (:
    353235_b.jpg
    edited July 2014
    DolphineQ wrote:
    Signed.

Also, I found THIS link, where they "explain why they have decided to not put toddlers and pools into the basegame": http://tinyurl.com/kvpjhag

I'm sorry, but it sounds wrong to me. And it sounds like the game is at least 6 months from ready-to-be-released, because it really cannot be THAT hard to at least keep the pools and toddlers...

The whole issue with Rachel Franklin's post, and why it cuts so little ice with discontented simmers, is that it carries that same cold and potentially hostile tone as all of Lucy Bradshaw's statements on Simcity, which in hindsight we know were laced with lies. We know EA, at a senior level, is comfortable lying to customers, and probably actually dictates that they do so - and not just little white lies that customers can overlook, but great big stonking ones that only raise more questions and do EA's brand more damage. Why should we trust Franklin if we could not trust Bradshaw? Her message is too carefully rehearsed, and too obviously skirts around the question on everybody's lips - how much time and resources were expended on making an online game? How badly did that cut into time that could have been allocated to making a more fulsome single-player game?

It is, of course, feasible, that EA wasted very little time and money, and legitimately chose to develop more interactive sims over including toddlers and pools, and that what Franklin says is true, or half true, but we're beyond the point where EA can explain something like that and expect a patient or sober response. I feel bad for the SimGurus, including Franklin, for the inexcusable insults they have been facing. The conduct of some angry simmers is inexcusable, but not even slightly inexplicable or unpredictable: EA constantly retains its customers in a state of discomfort just a notch back from open revolt. They pushed past that notch. It didn't take much, and revolt brings all kinds of the irrational viciousness with it. This is misdirected at the devs like Grant or Ryan, who, though probably not entirely innocent, are bound up within a much larger system within EA and probably not all that powerful. What individual SimGurus think *should* happen in reaction to this whole Sims 4 mess probably counts for very little.

What perplexes me is... ...treating angry long-term customers who suspect EA is messing with them as though they are stupid or paranoid - even after the Simcity fiasco where EA was caught messing with customers, and not really taking any great pains to hide it - it surely costs EA more money than it earns them. Especially as more players like myself decide EA is not worth the trouble and heartache. Players have no firm basis upon which to trust an EA rep's word any longer, that is something they will have to earn back by good conduct and good games. TS4's PR-rollout *seems* to indicate that EA either can't or won't do that. EA simply cannot rely on its PR-as-usual, which is PR-done-really-badly, if it wants to retain players. I really think, no matter what the truth is, they have to bite the bullet on this one and put the extra development into the base game, or they're just messing themselves up twice over.

I don't want to act the prophet, but I'm inclined to see this game struggle to maintain momentum in its sales along the medium to long term, just based on what we know (and yes, I've tried the CAS demo, and I was horribly underwhelmed). It seems like they're setting themselves up for another Spore or Simcity-esque flop. Not terrible commercially, just... ...lacklustre. But perhaps TS4 will sell like crazy on release, and they will definitely try to lift their game as EPs continue, but... ...I'm inclined to think they've killed off a lot of veteran and loyal simmers for good, especially all those TS2 players who had hoped to come back into the franchise after they rejected the peculiarities of TS3. Personally, I'm done, not just with the Sims. Between Simcity and TS4, I will be having long and hard think before buying anything from EA that hasn't been received with near universal praise from independent sources. EA is a bad business that, unfortunately, has its claws in some great intellectual properties. The latter, I have learned through being a long-time fan of Maxis's IPs, can't ultimately make up for the former. :cry:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • DolphineQDolphineQ Posts: 1,799 Member
    edited July 2014
    DolphineQ wrote:
    Signed.

The whole issue with Rachel Franklin's post, and why it cuts so little ice with discontented simmers, is that it carries that same cold and potentially hostile tone as all of Lucy Bradshaw's statements on Simcity, which in hindsight we know were laced with lies. We know EA, at a senior level, is comfortable lying to customers, and probably actually dictates that they do so - and not just little white lies that customers can overlook, but great big stonking ones that only raise more questions and do EA's brand more damage. Why should we trust Franklin if we could not trust Bradshaw? Her message is too carefully rehearsed, and too obviously skirts around the question on everybody's lips - how much time and resources were expended on making an online game? How badly did that cut into time that could have been allocated to making a more fulsome single-player game?
    I completely agree with what you say here. And that is what I meant with "That sounds wrong". It sounds like bad excuses, an attempt to 'mushroom' the customers, so EA can earn back some of what they attempt make it sound like they have spent developing this underwhelming new Sims game. No one has stated anything clearly, no "We have worked on this for the past X years" or anything, only more tight-lipped secrecy, which makes a lot (looking at the over 18000 signatures in the petition) of us feel rather uncomfortable. Now if those 18000 people cancelled their pre-orders and refused to actually fork over money for the game in it's current promised release state, then you bet they'd likely react to it. So I hope that everyone who signed follows through on the thought and uses their wallets to show EA that this is NOT OK!
    It is, of course, feasible, that EA wasted very little time and money, and legitimately chose to develop more interactive sims over including toddlers and pools, and that what Franklin says is true, or half true, but we're beyond the point where EA can explain something like that and expect a patient or sober response. I feel bad for the SimGurus, including Franklin, for the inexcusable insults they have been facing. The conduct of some angry simmers is inexcusable, but not even slightly inexplicable or unpredictable: EA has constantly retains its customers in a state just a notch back from open revolt. They pushed past that notch, it didn't take much, and revolt brings all kind of the irrational viciousness with it. This is misdirected at the devs like Grant or Ryan, who, though probably not entirely innocent, are bound up within a much larger system within EA and probably not all that powerful. What individual SimGurus think *should* happen in reaction to this whole Sims 4 mess probably counts for very little.

Sadly, I don't think the Gurus have any say in what the cooperate heads decides to do or not do with Sims. I'm pretty sure that a lot of them must be rather frustrated too, seeing our reactions can't really be nice for them. I'm sure the developers really DO put their heart and soul into making Sims 4, but that the time restraints, budget restraints or other restraints that the Big Heads puts them under makes them unable to give us a product that is worth what EA wants us to pay. And if I was a developer, that would leave a really bad taste in my month. Heck, I'd be looking for a new job, I'd not want to work for a company that shows so little respect for the paying costumers or the hardworking people on the floor.
    What perplexes me is... ...treating angry long-term customers who suspect EA is messing with them as though they are stupid or paranoid - even after the Simcity fiasco where EA was caught messing with customers, and not really taking any great pains to hide it - it surely costs EA more money than it earns them. Especially as more players like myself decide EA is not worth the trouble and heartache. Players have no firm basis upon which to trust an EA rep's word any longer, that is something they will have to earn back by good conduct and good games. TS4's PR-rollout *seems* to indicate that EA either can't or won't do that. EA simply cannot rely on its PR-as-usual, which is PR-done-really-badly, if it wants to retain players. I really think, no matter what the truth is, they have to bite the bullet on this one and put the extra development into the base game, or they're just messing themselves up twice over.

I hope they will. Bite the bullet, that is. I have played since The Sims was released, but I have never been as disappointed and distrustful of EA as I am not. Despite the buggy (yet beloved) Sims 3 leaving me feeling meh over and over, leaving me to rely on brilliant modders for a functioning game, I still retained some hope, a tiny bit of faith that EA would sort their mistakes in Sims 4. I know it's not released YET, but I am tempted to say that I'll be holding a wake for my hope and faith very soon...
    I don't want to act the prophet, but I'm inclined to see this game struggle to maintain momentum in its sales along the medium to long term, just based on what we know (and yes, I've tried the CAS demo, and I was horribly underwhelmed). It seems like they're setting themselves up for another Spore or Simcity-esque flop. Not terrible commercially, just... ...lacklustre. But perhaps TS4 will sell like crazy on release, and they will definitely try to lift their game as EPs continue, but... ...I'm inclined to think they've killed off a lot of veteran and loyal simmers for good, especially all those TS2 players who had hoped to come back into the franchise after they rejected the peculiarities of TS3. Personally, I'm done, not just with the Sims. Between Simcity and TS4, I will be having long and hard think before buying anything from EA that hasn't been received with near universal praise from independent sources. EA is a bad business that, unfortunately, has its claws in some great intellectual properties. The latter, I have learned through being a long-time fan of Maxis's IPs, can't ultimately make up for the former. :cry:

I've not yet tried the CAS demo, not sure when they plan to release it to all of us, but honestly I'm not really interested in CAS. I don't buy a game to play dress-up dolls and I have never played any of the Sims installments to spend hours in CAS. I loved to PLAY the game since the start, but after I got into the building aspect of the game, it was like a new world opened to me, a little miracle. And it's quickly taken over and become my main focus. I can tell you that in 2014, I have spent maybe a week PLAYING the game - the rest of my gaming time has been spent building and designing. And I have LOVED it, despite the somewhat frustratingly lacking building tools (I WANT CURVED WALLS! *cry*). So my interest in Sims 4 was already wobbly, but finding out that we won't have CASt, that we have such limited presets of colors on furniture and clothes, that the love for designing is something I have to shelf if I wanna play Sims 4... I'm glad I haven't pre-ordered yet and I don't plan on it.
    I'm sure that the devs do fabulous jobs with the items and wallpapers and what have we that they design for us. But speaking from experience, sorry, I so don't share their taste in color schemes and frilly flowers :D.
    And I honestly think that that is a horrid waste of their talents. because as you say, the intellectual properties behind Sims is great. Such a shame to see them being limited by greedy Big Heads who go for quick profit over long term costumer satisfaction, loyalty and willingness to keep throwing money into their pockets.

Right now, the only nice thing I can say about EA is that I have had contact with ONE CS representative in the US, who really went above and beyond and out of his way to fix and compensate me, when an Origin CS had managed to totally mess up MY computers to the point where I had to hire a tech to reinstall and sort it out. That CS was my hero and I really wish that people like HIM had some say in regards to the game. Because HE knew what GOOD service was, HOW to make a costumer happy and he had the basic skill of TREATING COSTUMERS WITH RESPECT AND DIGNITY!
    They made a good choice when they hired him for sure.
    I hope they find a way to turn around all their bad choices and let go of the people who seem like they are going to ruin future Sims installments.
    Please share and support me in my work with rescue cats! https://www.gofundme.com/DolphineQCats

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • zxcynthiazxzxcynthiazx Posts: 41 Member
    edited July 2014
    signed :)
    edited July 2014
    Updated. 679. Several MTS posters signed. I was cautious of them, because they looked like new accounts. I did a little digging about, and suspect now that they're legit non-sockpuppets, so I'm allowing them. I really want to minimise the possibility of underhanded tactics to boost numbers.
    edited July 2014
    Just bumping this off page twelve, as it's still collecting signatures when people know it exists.
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited July 2014
    :thumbup:
  • TLFBPLenTLFBPLen Posts: 49 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Signed~
    edited July 2014
    Spla-bump!
  • HnaBananaHnaBanana Posts: 3
    edited July 2014
    Signed.
  • Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    edited July 2014
    Another signature from me
    Edit: (on Change.org, it's OK?)
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
  • Graceey_72Graceey_72 Posts: 678 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Bumping
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    edited July 2014
    Are you kidding me, YOU WANT TO DELAY A GAME, omg this is awful and pathetic.

I love the game how it is, I miss some thing you don't see me being a ******* baby, wait for it to come out, try it and wait for updates, ffs this community.. EA is not going to think "oh look they want us to delay a game that cost us money", they are a company, they produce this game and send it out, that's it!

Get over it, I still don't have a demo, you don't see me putting out treads and whining about it how I need to be special, seriously. This is going to far, us a community look like a bunch of babies that don't get what they want, if you don't like the game how it is don't buy it!?

Change.org is a site that helps people in need, people that need food, animals that need help, serious things!
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • DoritoEvieDoritoEvie Posts: 1,887 Member
    edited July 2014

I love the game how it is, I miss some thing you don't see me being a ******* baby, wait for it to come out, try it and wait for updates, ffs this community.. EA is not going to think "oh look they want us to delay a game that cost us money", they are a company, they produce this game and send it out, that's it!

Get over it, I still don't have a demo, you don't see me putting out treads and whining about it how I need to be special, seriously. This is going to far, us a community look like a bunch of babies that don't get what they want, if you don't like the game how it is don't buy it!?

Change.org is a site that helps people in need, people that need food, animals that need help, serious things!

This.
    tumblr_nbwr2zn6951qhv4h7o8_250.giftumblr_mg2bcqeUgc1rthmb0o1_500.gif

• kake123123kake123123 Posts: 162 Member
    edited July 2014
    EmmaLeen wrote:

This.

this
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    edited July 2014
    Look, people creating petitions over a game. How freaking original.

This is why EA doesn't care, we look like a stupid community this way.
    "omg it doesn't have this, I don't want to pay for the whole game, I want that", yet people do not realize it's a base game. Did you all just hear about all of this or something?

The game is going to come out in September, they will never delay it, never ever ever ever, and I don't blame them, it costs A LOT of money, they will risk a lot for things that can be added via an update"
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Clarkie100Clarkie100 Posts: 1,708 Member
    edited July 2014
    Add me to this petition please.

Normally I'm super excited for any of the games, but this time I'm very reserved, I've not even pre ordered and that's just not like me.

Maybe EA can change our minds, I hope so.

• jauntyjaunty Posts: 3,336 Member
    edited July 2014
    NAOMlisher

If people want to make petitions that is up to them,it just shows you how passionate they are about a game. There are a couple of things I would love in the base game especially a colour wheel but hey if they bring it in later in a patch or an EP then I will buy the sims 4. So please stop your ranting about others and leave these simmers alone that believe in something so strongly thank you.
    m0oUDbi.jpg
  • jauntyjaunty Posts: 3,336 Member
    edited July 2014
    oops double post lol
    m0oUDbi.jpg