Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else get their demo code today?

Comments

• natpat100natpat100 Posts: 223 Member
    edited July 2014
    Still no demo. I see everyone posting amazing sims that they made and I want to make some... but of course not.
  • GrapefruitdreamsGrapefruitdreams Posts: 59 Member
    edited July 2014
    Ok. This wait is actually becoming unbearable. I've never wanted something so bad since I was a kid. I thought I was mature and could handle this, but I can't. </3 I just feel like 40-50% of the forum has it. I guess it makes sense. Almost every game does this, but dang, what I wouldn't give for an invite.
  • xNeptunexxNeptunex Posts: 132 Member
    edited July 2014
    I thought there must have been another round of invites when I saw so many posts in this thread :(

Alas, just all of us unlucky simmers still waiting.

It's Midday on Saturday here now. I have things I probably should be doing for work on Monday but I'm so distracted by this demo business I can't think straight!

I am praying they will be still inviting over the weekend but my hope is fading.
  • MilenyNodaMilenyNoda Posts: 474 Member
    edited July 2014
    I only check once a day... Not there whatever... I understand how people feel I haven't gotten a demo either but oh well whatever...still debating whether buy the game or not.. it upsets me to see everyone on this post like this desperately waiting..:(....seriously I understand they are beta testing and that they cannot send invites all at the same time, but I bet it would be better if they say " everyone we will send out invites in waves everyday" instead of a no comment or ignoring people...I suggest everyone to find something else to do in the mean time .till mid august or September for the release.. Things coming from EA (demo) don't get ur hopes so high... :( .... I am very disappointed with how EA has handle the sims 4 so much disappointment they have cause me :( .......I which I could say the opposite but NO!...
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    edited July 2014
    Right now the picture say it all for me

k9jpjp.jpg:cry::cry:
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • MenshleeMenshlee Posts: 219 Member
    edited July 2014
    Ok. This wait is actually becoming unbearable. I've never wanted something so bad since I was a kid. I thought I was mature and could handle this, but I can't. </3 I just feel like 40-50% of the forum has it. I guess it makes sense. Almost every game does this, but dang, what I wouldn't give for an invite.

You took the words right out of my mouth. I'm 27, but this game has me acting like I'm 8 years old, throwing fits every time I press refresh on my origin and NOTHING is there!
    I'm starting to lose hope that I'll get it at all, and I keep second guessing myself if I've done everything right in order to get the demo at all. I have an origin account, I use my origin account to login in here, and I have the base game registered here as well. I also have opted in the newsletters and promotions through this site as well as the new sims 4 site, and I checked the box as well in origin. Have I missed something?
  • bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm guessing they're done sending out invites until at least Monday. It's going to be a long, slow, boring, simless weekend. I could have been enjoying CAS all weekend, but nope.

Yes unforutuanly I agree. Good luck everyone on the next round of batches.
    If there is a next round. Honestly, i wish i couldve had it for the weekend, first weekend in a long time im gonna have available to do whatever. :(

If i wait till august 12th im gonna have no time cuz im going on vacation the next day..

the person who said theyre angry now and were sad before, im still on the sad and excluded feeling. I still cant believe they did it like this. they shouldve just given it to the yibsims and then given it to us normals in august. that way no ones left out or hurting.
    ive been mad and disappointed at the sims 4 for almost a year now, but ive NEVER been so hurt by this game in my life. like, this is actually shocking me cuz im PHYSICALLY sad. i hate to say it and be "dramatic" but i am.
    i finally get the emotions part of this game.. hehe..
    edited July 2014
    Ugh it's so unfair!
    I usually never freak out about a game but I'm going ca-ray-zee
    ALL I WANT IS THE DEMO :shock:
    edited July 2014
    Reading all of these comments actually makes me feel a little better. It's nice to know I'm not alone and these hurt feelings over a game are felt by others as well. It just sucks we have to feel them at all.
    edited July 2014
    How am I supposed to know if my computer can even handle the Sims 4? Hmmm.. Maybe I could if I actually had it.

Maybe I wouldn't be as mad if they told us when they are giving more demos out, but no!

Lmao I'll stop talking now :evil:
    edited July 2014
    Menshlee wrote:
    Reading all of these comments actually makes me feel a little better. It's nice to know I'm not alone and these hurt feelings over a game are felt by others as well. It just sucks we have to feel them at all.
    yeah i forgot to add that but i AM glad this htread is here. away from the others so i dont ruin their good time or make them guilty. lol

but im worried that after wanting it so badly, when we get it, its not gonna do us justice. -.-
  • GrapefruitdreamsGrapefruitdreams Posts: 59 Member
    edited July 2014
    Menshlee wrote:

You took the words right out of my mouth. I'm 27, but this game has me acting like I'm 8 years old, throwing fits every time I press refresh on my origin and NOTHING is there!
    I'm starting to lose hope that I'll get it at all, and I keep second guessing myself if I've done everything right in order to get the demo at all. I have an origin account, I use my origin account to login in here, and I have the base game registered here as well. I also have opted in the newsletters and promotions through this site as well as the new sims 4 site, and I checked the box as well in origin. Have I missed something?
    We're going to make it through this. We've got this. Just get strength from the fact that we will all get it by August 12th. (Seems the most likely date) And even if we are the last, there will be other people getting it then too. It's just a month. We have to check daily, and then pretend it doesn't exist.
  • Ashgamer394Ashgamer394 Posts: 96 New Member
    edited July 2014
    This demo has got me so frustrated. I have refreshed and checked mail all day. Still absolutely nothing :(
    edited July 2014
    bosslaydee wrote:
    Menshlee wrote:
    yeah i forgot to add that but i AM glad this htread is here. away from the others so i dont ruin their good time or make them guilty. lol

but im worried that after wanting it so badly, when we get it, its not gonna do us justice. -.-

!!!ik :evil:
    edited July 2014
    It just bothers me so much! I just want to make a bunch of sims and stay up all night posting them on my instagram and tumblr. But, what am I doing? Refreshing origin every five seconds, trying to watch Pewds to get my mind off it, but I can't!!!!
    edited July 2014
    bosslaydee wrote:
    Menshlee wrote:

I just really hope we all get it in this thread in the next wave. It sucks feeling so left out and it's also not fair to the ppl who do get it to feel guilty. EA is really burning some bridges with ppl. First the no toddlers, pools, or story progression, and now this!
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    edited July 2014
    k9jpjp.jpg i agree :cry:
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2014
    No.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • DezmeriaDezmeria Posts: 1,458 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm surprised they did NOT send out another round of invites for everyone today.

Generally BETA invites (from my experiences) DO get sent out on Friday. To allow players off from work to test it through the weekend.

I kind of baffled as to why the P.R. team did not.

[img]http://🐸🐸🐸🐸.me/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/reading-ikea-intructions-big-lebowski-confused.gif[/img]
    edited July 2014
    the thing is i dont think theres a reason to check constantly all day. i think they give it out in the morning and then THATS IT.
    so ill check every morning but idk when it would get here in canada. maybe ill check every day at noon or something.

when are people generally getting their games? is it time stamped?
  • xNeptunexxNeptunex Posts: 132 Member
    edited July 2014
    The thing that frustrates me the most is that some people who do not play Sims at all have received the demo just because they also have an Origin account.

Now I understand marketing and them trying to encourage new players but that should be secondary to retaining your existing fan base.

Also sending the game to mac players who can't use it is just cruel as well as sending it to people who refuse to even try it as they hate TS4. They really should have had a BETA sign up and then random distribution. They would still have gotten a wide range of players trying the free demo while avoiding ending out copies to people that can't or won't play it.
    edited July 2014
    Checking your origin like

2z73j46.jpg
    edited July 2014
    Menshlee wrote:
    bosslaydee wrote:
    Menshlee wrote:

I just really hope we all get it in this thread in the next wave. It sucks feeling so left out and it's also not fair to the ppl who do get it to feel guilty. EA is really burning some bridges with ppl. First the no toddlers, pools, or story progression, and now this!

Yeah, this was a bad move i have to say.

They couldve just given it to us all in august. No hard feeligns, everyones equal. Making it "random" doesnt make me feel any less left out.
  • MilenyNodaMilenyNoda Posts: 474 Member
    edited July 2014
    The sims 4 has been mismanaged ever since from the no toddler to no pool to all the little things they have done and are still doing.. It's the way ea do things is what upsets me the most :evil: seriously they are a hype killer
    edited July 2014
    WHEN YOU LOG ON TO YOUR ORIGIN AND THE DEMO IS NOT THERE

4uw9w9.gif