Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CHECK PAGE 3 FOR UPDATE! Page 4 link to restarted project as Thistlecreek Village

KennziKaigeKennziKaige Posts: 132 Member
edited May 2015 in The Sims 3 Game Tools
UPDATE 07/31/2014:
Scrapped the old Haven and I am now creating New Fair Haven Isle! The old version of the world can still be tinkered with to find the mysterious problem behind the corrupt resort manager script errors. If you would like to take on that puzzle, contact me and I will be sure to email it to you.

New Fair Haven was inspired by The Sim 1: Makin' Magic's Magic Town and The Sims 3: Supernatural's Moonlight Falls.

Screenshot-22_zps57fc4cf1.jpg

(Ambience)
So without further procrastination, I preset New Fair Haven Isle...

MapLocations_zps508e6cf9.png

There are mine areas to New Fair Haven Isle.

MainSide_zpsd3a2cca5.png
Mainside is the center of town. Covered mostly in shopping destinations, restaurants, and residential buildings, Mainside is the lifeblood of the town.

Mainside also houses a smaller sub district, Sunset Beach. Along the golden shore in the sunset, you'll find a relaxing beach, a playful dog beach, a few seaside homes, and a seafood restaurant from The Sims 1: Hot Date.

OceanwoodBay_zps6920dabe.png
Oceanwood Bay is home to a famous Bed & Breakfast resort at the edge of the bay. Here, people enjoy surfing crashing waves, taking their boats out for a spin, and windsurfing. Oceanwood bay is home to the more up-scale of the townsfolk though they are humble.

Screenshot-21_zpsd352a131.jpg

WandererPort_zps334acc7d.png
*Pictures and description coming soon*

CreepyHollow_zps8460c584.png

Screenshot-18_zps0e5f2c75.jpg

Fog and strange happenings are the norm in this part of the town. This area holds the oldest and richest families and homes since the founding of the town. Creepy Hollow is home to Vernon's Vault and A Spooktacular Spot, along with the iconic homes from The Sims 1: Makin' Magic.

Screenshot-17_zps1b5c482b.jpg
Vernon's Vault

Screenshot-19_zps18b1b172.jpg
A Spooktacular Spot

TheHauntedIsle_zps44c88a50.png
The Haunted Isle is home to abanonded old homes and haunted tombs. Sims can come here and explore the graves and ruins of forgoton houses.

Screenshot-27_zps339207bb.jpg

MosswoodBeach_zpsba80a7a5.png
Connected to The Haunted Isle, is Mosswood Beach: an abanonded port, rotting away in the salty air. Some exploring is advised here, for there are hidden secrets in the sands.

CalamityForest_zps5a910924.png
Come one! Come all! To the spectaclar carnival show in town! Enjoy an acrobatic display at the Big Top, grab some cotton candy at watch a magician at Coldwind Meadows, or ride the thrilling coaster over at Clowntastic Land.

Screenshot-15_zps6b27ffb7.jpg

Screenshot-16_zps7efb0c3a.jpg

FarmersCreek_zpsde3c5e44.png
The local farming district is just between Creepy Hollow and Mainside. Fresh grown produce, home made jams and pies, and horse racing is the heart of this small community.

Screenshot-20_zps51de3377.jpg

FaeForest_zpsf94aa767.png
Fae Forest is home to the fairy folk rarely seen on the islands.

----

Screenshot-23_zps6cfcb878.jpg

I do have some main characters in mind to tell the tale of Fair Haven Isle!
More info on them later, with screenshots eventually.

"Vicky Vampiress" aka Victoria Mori
    "Apothecary Todd" aka Toddwell Pigmentari
    Fairy Queen Mara Primrose
    "The Tragic Clown" aka Sunny Adams
    Madam Simza Hearn
    Christopher Bean

I still have so much work to do! I'm really enjoying building my own world too. It was a little difficult at first, but I believe I have the basics. I don't want to confuse myself with the more advanced ideas for world building haha.

Ta-da!
Thistlecreek Village forum link here.
Post edited by KennziKaige on

Comments

• Starsaphire2Starsaphire2 Posts: 315 Member
    edited July 2014
    You are building a really nice looking world. I like your sculpting techniques.

Looking forward to seeing more of your world.

Star
  • KennziKaigeKennziKaige Posts: 132 Member
    edited July 2014
    Thank you so much! I learned a lot from reading tutorials from other community members :mrgreen:
  • BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited July 2014
    I love that first house. :) Looking good!
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • 17mars17mars Posts: 263 Member
    edited July 2014
    It's really beautiful! Look forward to seeing more!
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited July 2014
    Oh wow! It looks really pretty! I like the lighthouse and I wish I had your terrain painting/sculpting skills! :D
    edited July 2014
    Thank you, everyone! This encouragement is very inspiring. I can't wait to show more progress soon.

By the way BatmanFanGirl, I absolutely love your name (Batman rules! My absolute favorite superhero ever!)

il_570xN.280347607.jpg
  • niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited July 2014
    This so cool! It reminds me a lot of magic town from the sims makin' magic!
    edited July 2014
    Update 7/31/2014:

Scrapped the old, non-working world, working on the new and improved :]
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited July 2014
    Update 7/31/2014:

Scrapped the old, non-working world, working on the new and improved :]
    edited July 2014
    I love the update, but where are the other pictures?
    edited July 2014
    niac1234 wrote:

Other pictures? In the thread? Their image addressed must of changed when I organized my photobucket :( Curious though, they're still showing up for me. Or are you referring to something else?
    edited July 2014
    niac1234 wrote:

Other pictures? In the thread? Their image addressed must of changed when I organized my photobucket :( Curious though, they're still showing up for me. Or are you referring to something else?

Yeah. It says that the image cannot be viewed because it has been moved or deleted.
    edited July 2014
    niac1234 wrote:
    niac1234 wrote:

Yeah. It says that the image cannot be viewed because it has been moved or deleted.

That's a bummer :( I went through and changed all the image addresses to the new (moved) ones and they should show up now. :)
  • NilxisNilxis Posts: 596 Member
    edited July 2014
    Wow, this looks gorgeous. I love the theme and your attention to detail in the lots and the terrain is amazing :D
    Can't wait to see more!
    edited July 2014
    Ah I see them now! So Gorgeous! This is the perfect world to end the sims 3 off with. :D
    edited July 2014
    Thank you niac and Nilxis :) The end of the Sims 3 is actually the very reason I wanted to create this world haha. Believe it or not, this is the first world I've ever done though I'm no stranger to graphic design and art :wink:

Dun dun dunnnn.... I've hit a snag this morning :cry:

I was testing Fair Haven when I re-opened my test save in game and started receiving nonstop notifications of script errors (I have nraas's mods) to the point that everything was autonomously resetting and I couldn't even play. This highly concerns me. Trying to solve the problem now. I would hate to have to scrap this world. I've worked so hard for roughly a month or more now...

UPDATE
    So I found the problem, though I can't explain it. The Oceanwood Bed & Breakfast was causing the problem. I don't know why or how, but for some reason no Sim could "go here" on the lot at all. I have removed the lot until I either rebuild a clean lot or build a home in its place. Tough decision because I really enjoyed that lot :(

(The resort is the red building in Oceanoowd Bay.)
  • Sneakfeline0Sneakfeline0 Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited July 2014

Very nice work :D Too bad about the B&B, hopefully you can resolve the issue and get it back in the game. I do remember in one of my worlds one lot just wouldn't work so I had to scrap it.

Welcome to CAW, hopefully Sims4 has one :(
  • vcosleyvcosley Posts: 880 Member
    edited July 2014
    Beautiful world, good job. I love it
    edited July 2014
    vcosley wrote:
    Beautiful world, good job. I love it
    Thank you very much!
    Very nice work Too bad about the B&B, hopefully you can resolve the issue and get it back in the game. I do remember in one of my worlds one lot just wouldn't work so I had to scrap it.
    I figured out that it wasn't just the lot, but the lot TYPE in this one particular world. Resorts cause script errors after saving and I cannot figure out why. I really would love to have a resort in this world, or let people be able to have them if they download the finished world, but this problem is perplexing.

I made a post on Mod The Sims, but I figured I'd share it here to see if anyone might have a solution

Link to the post for the script errors and world download.
    I'm new CAW but I don't find it too difficult to use (I learn quickly).

I was testing a custom world in actual game play I've been creating when I noticed a problem with resorts after saving & exiting and then re-oping the world. Nraas ErrorTrap was telling me of script errors. Non stop script errors. I was racking up over a thousand errors in minutes. When I changed the resort lot to anything but, the errors stopped and everything worked fine. Further investigation revealed that I could not interact with the resort lot; My Sim couldn't "go here" or interact with anything on the lot. I thought maybe it was the specific lot. To my dismay, it happens to any lot that I make a resort and save.
  • simmeroliviasimmerolivia Posts: 199 Member
    edited July 2014
    I can't even tell you how excited this makes me.

Magic Town is one of my very favorite parts of The Sims series in general, and this map is such a gorgeous representation of it!

The homes and landscaping of Oceanwood Bay look beautiful, and it's so cool that you've included docks and boats with many of the homes. Calamity Forest - first of all, what an awesome name! I love the orange and yellow trees, and the circus lot looks phenomenal! The way you've landscaped around the homes and utilized the rocks really makes the houses like they're coming out of the shore and been part of the landscape forever, which is really cool. It looks like you're off to a great start with the other parts of the world, too. I really like that it'll have tombs as well. Very cool how you've created so many separate, unique sections that all tie together and make a cohesive map.

Fairy Queen Mara and Vickie Vampiress are some of my favorite characters from the series, too; I'm so excited you're going to include them and other Magic Town characters! I can't wait to see how this world progresses :mrgreen: Definitely bookmarking this thread.
    edited July 2014
    I can't even tell you how excited this makes me.

Magic Town is one of my very favorite parts of The Sims series in general, and this map is such a gorgeous representation of it!

The homes and landscaping of Oceanwood Bay look beautiful, and it's so cool that you've included docks and boats with many of the homes. Calamity Forest - first of all, what an awesome name! I love the orange and yellow trees, and the circus lot looks phenomenal! The way you've landscaped around the homes and utilized the rocks really makes the houses like they're coming out of the shore and been part of the landscape forever, which is really cool. It looks like you're off to a great start with the other parts of the world, too. I really like that it'll have tombs as well. Very cool how you've created so many separate, unique sections that all tie together and make a cohesive map.

Fairy Queen Mara and Vickie Vampiress are some of my favorite characters from the series, too; I'm so excited you're going to include them and other Magic Town characters! I can't wait to see how this world progresses :mrgreen: Definitely bookmarking this thread.

I'm thrilled you're excited about this world! I knew I couldn't be the only one who missed Magic Town :mrgreen:

Thank you so very much! I really appreciate the compliment because building isn't my strong suit and from time to time I very much despise having to do so haha.
    edited July 2014
    While trying to solve the resort errors with the help of folks over at NRaas, I fiddled around with taking photos of Creepy Hollow during a full moon and fog.

Screenshot_zps643b615d.jpg

Screenshot-11_zps087c5703.jpg
    (Hospital from Midnight Hollow)

Screenshot-12_zps96c77c0a.jpg

Screenshot-13_zpsb9c9776c.jpg

Screenshot-6_zpsbb673a7b.jpg

Screenshot-7_zps8819ff4a.jpg
    (A roach motel right outside of Creepy Hollow before driving into Mainside)

Screenshot-8_zps6ad46533.jpg

Screenshot-3_zps4b05c14e.jpg
    (View of Moss-plank Beach and The Haunted Isle from the cliffs of Creepy Hollow)

I haven't changed any of the lighting or weather files yet, but this still looks pretty neat! :mrgreen:
  • JodiRebbyJodiRebby Posts: 1,649 Member
    edited July 2014

They look appropriately eerie yet magical too. Really cool concept; a tribute to the Sims 1 town and with the style of Moonlight Falls! Your world is beautiful and I am so excited already! About the resort - maybe you could make it a separate upload on the Exchange? That should work! :) Keep up the fantastic work! :mrgreen:
    edited July 2014
    JodiRebby wrote:
    They look appropriately eerie yet magical too. Really cool concept; a tribute to the Sims 1 town and with the style of Moonlight Falls! Your world is beautiful and I am so excited already! About the resort - maybe you could make it a separate upload on the Exchange? That should work! :) Keep up the fantastic work! :mrgreen:

Thank you!:mrgreen:
    That is a good idea! On a related note, I thought about uploading a base camp version of one of the resorts for those that use Twallan's Traveler mod :)
  • JodiRebbyJodiRebby Posts: 1,649 Member
    edited July 2014
    JodiRebby wrote:

Thank you!:mrgreen:
    That is a good idea! On a related note, I thought about uploading a base camp version of one of the resorts for those that use Twallan's Traveler mod :)
    :) :thumbup: