Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Soundtrack is HORRIBLE

Comments

• menemene Posts: 2,322 Member
    edited July 2014
    @icyslash
    that first one got to me *wipes away a tear*

• ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
    edited July 2014
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,527 Member
    edited July 2014
    Tracks #6 and 7 are alright.
    I didn't care for the others.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    edited July 2014
    Erp...I LOVE soundtrack music and its one of the first things I look for when new games are released. Like Mass Effect (awesome soundtrack) to movie soundtracks.

With that said...

I hate Sims soundtracks/music, to me its like listening to ice cream truck music.

There is yet to be a Sims title that I don't turn the music down in options....

Well actually I didn't mind some of the music from the Movie Stuff expansion...but thats as close as it gets to liking it for me.

• Bg55642Bg55642 Posts: 85 Member
    edited July 2014
    I really like the new music. I liked TS3's music as well and this is even better!
  • MUEHARIMUEHARI Posts: 133 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I don't like it, either. It just sounds like the Sims 3 soundtrack, and I hated that.

I want the people who made Sims 1 and 2 soundtracks to come back, because those were awesome.
  • Vilin213923Vilin213923 Posts: 519 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Better than TS3 in my opinion. I would say that it's fantastic but it's alright but still TS1 and TS2 have much better soundtracks.
  • georgeopolisgeorgeopolis Posts: 475 Member
    edited July 2014
    The music seems good on the first thought(on the first sound, hehe), just like TS3 music did.
    But when you start to listen, it seems just like TS3 music(which I hate when I play the game, the composer that created base game and other music for the game just sucks, why couldn't they keep the same musicians from TS1 and TS2?), the only improvement is that there's more melody, not just dumb drums and stupid stuff like there was in TS3. So yeah, the fact there's more melody in TS4 music is a good thing.
    Yet it still feels like TS3 music. I totally don't like the fact the composer kept the "happiness" in music that was there in the sims 3. Like seriously, I'd like to listen to some more calm and even a bit minor music like it was in TS1 and TS1.
  • KittiezKittiez Posts: 47 Member
    edited July 2014
    Ooh. I love it! but then , I've always loved the music in the various Sims games.
  • COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    edited July 2014
    UtaDagda wrote:
    In terms of music I like:

The Sims 1
    The Sims 2 and 4 tie ((With what I have heard of 4))
    The Sims 3

In that order.

:thumbup:
  • cooli02000cooli02000 Posts: 1,974 Member
    edited July 2014
    TS2 music soundtrack was my favorite. Man, I regret selling the games.

Oh well, here's to TS4 possibly being better than TS2...
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    edited July 2014
    Seems to me this is just in CAS mode, like how we have music for build/buy and CAS now and I don't think this is what will be heard on the stereo...

I translated the page:
    I know many of you are just dying to hear the soundtrack of The Sims 4 composed by Ilan Eshkeri, so I recorded the songs of Create a Sim that appear in the demo.

These are the "normal" versions (when they're making clothes and personality). There are 2 other versions of the songs with different rhythms, a relaxed (to edit the face) and other like normal but with less percussion (on entering the gallery). Later I'll upload the relaxed versions, on the other do not promise anything.

So, for CAS mode, I think it's rather nice music!
  • Mcphee1964Mcphee1964 Posts: 106
    edited July 2014
    I really like the soundtrack, one of my favorite aspects so far from the base game.
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited July 2014
    These are Sims 4 CAS music not the main theme. But they are soft and nice
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • GdurmaGdurma Posts: 490 Member
    edited July 2014
    As another simmer said, I'm getting the same sims vibe from the sound track.. It sounds pretty good to me
  • OilbasedoleanderOilbasedoleander Posts: 2,967 Member
    edited July 2014
    I don't know, it's just back ground music, it all sounds the same to me xD
  • AnthonoAnthono Posts: 904 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I prefer TS3 but its not bad.
  • stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    edited July 2014
    I don't like 1,2, or 7 much but the rest of them are good.
  • ValandisValandis Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited July 2014
    I think the songs are fantastic with a strong reminiscent of The Sims 2 and 3.
    Very atmospheric and pleasant to my ears, I'd love to have these as background music while playing TS4. Plus, now I definitely cannot wait for the rest of the music for build/buy mode, the worlds, menus, intro, etc. The CAS songs are usually the plainest ones compared to the rest of the game, don't forget that. :)

My favs are #2, #3 and #6, but I enjoyed them all.
  • SimmeringSoulSimmeringSoul Posts: 159 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Personally, I like it a lot. And I tend to find it hard to listen to Sims soundtracks without the context of the games. I find TS1's soundtrack dreary and dull, but while I was playing the game, I found it really charming and could listen to it for a long time. I can't listen to TS2 or TS3's soundtrack without their respective games, either.

I personally won't be buying TS4, but this certainly isn't a reason for that. I think that even if you don't like the OST by itself, while you're playing the game, it will probably affect you very differently. The context can really change the impact, I find. :wink:
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited July 2014
    I think it sounds okay :) I find it quite soothing. I really dislike TS3 CAS music.
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • YazFoxxyYazFoxxy Posts: 1,219 Member
    edited July 2014
    I like the cas one. :') Still doesn't top sims 2 soundtrack.
  • YazFoxxyYazFoxxy Posts: 1,219 Member
    edited July 2014
    I like the cas one. :') Still doesn't top sims 2 soundtrack.
  • 2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    edited July 2014
    pretty sure some of these are from sim city???

they all sound familiar
    My origin id is sim2011
  • LarryadLarryad Posts: 336 Member
    edited July 2014
    Personally, I like it. Far less obnoxious than the Sims 3 one. I always turn the sound off when I'm in CAS or build modes in Sims 3, as it really grates on my nerves after a while.