Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Keep The Sims 3 Store Open Indefinitely! (48 sigs & counting)

Comments

• Options
    owlcityfan4evaowlcityfan4eva Posts: 279 Member
    edited July 2014
    I really want to sign. there are things in the store that i do not have and i want most of the store stuff.
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited July 2014
    Signed.

I won't be buying TS4 for many reasons, so I plan to continue playing TS3 for quite some time yet. I would love it if the store stayed open for the foreseeable future. But what I'd appreciate even more is continued patch updates. There are so many bugs left unchecked - and I've always hated having to fight with my game just to play it; spending hours of my time looking up work-arounds (with varying degrees of success), or ultimately having to resort to mods to get the job done (I try to keep my game as vanilla as possible, but they don't make it easy for me).

Knowing that we have the last patch update we'll ever get - despite the known issues we still struggle with - is one of the biggest reasons why I myself will not be buying TS4. Our TS3 games are glitchy as all get-out, and I know TS4 will not be saved from the same fate (only they'll be all new colourful bugs - bugs with "emotions"). Kinda sends the message that they don't care about taking the time to make quality games - and why would I purchase a product I don't trust?

...Wow, didn't meant to go on a tangent there. Sorry about that. D=

thats 1 of my biggest reasons.... if they will leave the sims with all the bugs.. what will they then do to sims4.... how can I trust them to fix bugs?

yes a defently yes to also a patch team
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    edited July 2014
    Signed.

I would also like to see a patch to fix the other problems.
  • Options
    hugzncuddleshugzncuddles Posts: 223 Member
    edited July 2014
    Signed.

I bought Sims 3 last November (2013) and now own all the EPs and all SPs except Movie stuff, also bought most of the Store too. HOWEVER, there are many many simmers who are not as fortunate and can only buy Store stuff when they can afford. This will take time for them and it would be a cruel loss if they miss out on the good stuff in the Store if/when it closes.

EA would be shooting themselves in the foot if they closed the Sims 3 Store because there will always be buyers for the ALREADY CREATED items, regardless as to whether they create new content in the future for Sims 3. I wonder if they'll use the same argument as for closing the SimChat many years ago - 'too expensive to keep running'. :roll:

It would be nice if some of the set themes could be expanded/finished, such as the Edwardian kitchen. It could be an ongoing cash cow for EA (heh, only thing the 'management' cares about), but more importantly it will allow simmers to complete their game for a more fulfilling experience.

I will not buy Sims 4 for many reasons, but will play Sims 3 for a long long time. It's unrealistic to expect simmers to 'fall in love' with Sims 4 - for some, yes, but for many, no way. It appears to be a different game altogether, and doesn't appeal to me at all. EA can't force people to buy it, and if they think that closing Sims 3 Store will encourage us all to move to Sims 4, they're very much mistaken.
  • Options
    Akila906Akila906 Posts: 1,836 Member
    edited July 2014
    Please add my name to the list. I plan on playing TS3 forever unless they somehow add CASt to TS4. To me, the sims in unplayble without CASt.
    michael-jackson-17.gif
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited July 2014
    Signed.

I won't be buying TS4 for many reasons, so I plan to continue playing TS3 for quite some time yet. I would love it if the store stayed open for the foreseeable future. But what I'd appreciate even more is continued patch updates. There are so many bugs left unchecked - and I've always hated having to fight with my game just to play it; spending hours of my time looking up work-arounds (with varying degrees of success), or ultimately having to resort to mods to get the job done (I try to keep my game as vanilla as possible, but they don't make it easy for me).

Knowing that we have the last patch update we'll ever get - despite the known issues we still struggle with - is one of the biggest reasons why I myself will not be buying TS4. Our TS3 games are glitchy as all get-out, and I know TS4 will not be saved from the same fate (only they'll be all new colourful bugs - bugs with "emotions"). Kinda sends the message that they don't care about taking the time to make quality games - and why would I purchase a product I don't trust?

...Wow, didn't meant to go on a tangent there. Sorry about that. D=

LOL No worries. EA's shoddy treatment of this game and, by extension, their customers,is probably the single largest issue keeping me from giving them any money for any other games. I got suckered into TS3 before ever knowing about the bug riddled mess it is and how EA continues to shamefully ignore its problems. But I'm addicted to this one now nevertheless and will continue to buy for it for as long as they are smart enough to keep producing content. But otherwise I have learned my lesson and they aren't getting a penny out of me for anything else short of a RADICAL change in their customer service model.
  • Options
    pepperw1pepperw1 Posts: 487 Member
    edited July 2014
    sign me up please. :D
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited July 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:

LOL No worries. EA's shoddy treatment of this game and, by extension, their customers,is probably the single largest issue keeping me from giving them any money for any other games. I got suckered into TS3 before ever knowing about the bug riddled mess it is and how EA continues to shamefully ignore its problems. But I'm addicted to this one now nevertheless and will continue to buy for it for as long as they are smart enough to keep producing content. But otherwise I have learned my lesson and they aren't getting a penny out of me for anything else short of a RADICAL change in their customer service model.

same all the way....

except soem games from them I might buy do to them being fun... but only on a crazy sale... as in then I don't feel as bad when they stop working....

still want the new simcity... but don't want to pay more then 1/4 - 1/3 the new price... and want a disk... I can wait...
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    ThresherVThresherV Posts: 230 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Count me in! I doubt I'll even get Sims 4 after all the money spent on 3.
  • Options
    queenmaybellinequeenmaybelline Posts: 37 Member
    edited July 2014
    Sign me up.
  • Options
    MandyCandy77MandyCandy77 Posts: 18 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'll sign. I am not planning on getting the sims 4 but I will continue to buy things for the sims 3.
  • Options
    NyosimNyosim Posts: 816 Member
    edited July 2014
    I sign, also added to Petition Central.
    900woh.png
  • Options
    Elf67Elf67 Posts: 1,198 Member
    edited July 2014
    Signed, as I have no intention of EVER buying Sims 4!
  • Options
    Tabbykatm20Tabbykatm20 Posts: 52 Member
    edited July 2014
    Sign me on, as well.

While I highly doubt that the Sims 3 store will be open forever, I concur that it is a wise, marketable plan to keep the Sims 3 store open and producing new content long after the Sims 4 launches.

I think that the Sims 4 creators have done an excellent job with CAS (except for removing the color wheel and CAST), but everything else I have heard has dissuaded me from purchasing the Sims 4 at so extravagant a price (and possibly ever).

I love the Sims 3 and all its possibilities. I will gladly buy new content that the brilliant and considerate creators of the Sims 3 store continue to produce. Why? Because the Sim Gurus there listen to the fans and do their best to accommodate.

I also strongly support that there needs to be a consistent team for the Sims 3 store to handle patches, bugs and other technical issues. While glitches cannot be completely avoided, a game company should strive to release products of quality that minimize problems for the buyers.
  • Options
    StarbucaneerStarbucaneer Posts: 2,561 Member
    edited July 2014
    Sign me up to the petition please AmaraRena :thumbup:
    Simming since the beginning! :)
  • Options
    magicwolfladymagicwolflady Posts: 19 Member
    edited July 2014
    Signed and gladly. I hope they keep the store open indefinitely because quite a few of us have no plans to buy Sims 4. Would love to have access to the store and the exchange instead of using the same old same old!
  • Options
    SISTERWOLFSISTERWOLF Posts: 149 Member
    edited July 2014
    Signed :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :mrgreen: Hi Sis :!: :!: :!:
  • Options
    strangeseraphstrangeseraph Posts: 369 Member
    edited July 2014
    Yes please! Keep the store going! I have not gotten everything I want, and its easy money since people who continue playing Sims 3 will continue to pay for content. Pleaaase keep the store open, so many sets I have in my wish list that I won't be able to afford by september. ^^
    Jenny

Doop Dee Doop
  • Options
    OolonglongOolonglong Posts: 562 Member
    edited July 2014
    Definitely signed!
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited July 2014
    Someone at EA might already have things scheduled to close a certain time, or perhaps not the right "people" at EA will care what we want for Sims 3, but I myself agree with this plea.

So whether this thread helps or not, we can only hope,
    so please add me as :
    SIGNED!
    :XD: :mrgreen:
  • Options
    NyosimNyosim Posts: 816 Member
    edited July 2014
    jicrqs.png

Added to Petition Central! :D
    900woh.png
  • Options
    fariecatfariecat Posts: 69 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Sign me up! And I will keep buying Sims 3 content!
  • Options
    DianeTaylorDianeTaylor Posts: 701 Member
    edited July 2014
    Signed!
  • Options
    treintrientreintrien Posts: 492 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Please sign me in.

I finally modded my game up to high heaven (now that we don't seem to get any new patches I thought I might as well try some of the more complicated nraas mods) and it's nearly laggless now.
    It would be great if EA would fix some of the things I use mods for now.
    I might even be pursuaded to buy the sims4 if they did that! :mrgreen:

I promised myself only to buy sims 4 if the sims3 was properly patched before ending the series. I should have learned that lesson when the last expansion for sims 2 messed up my game really bad and that was never patched either. I was furious back then and decided I would not buy sims 3. Then my boyfriend did... and we all know the lure of CASt 8) and the open world.

Still Sims 4 is a definite no-go for me. To be honest, all that time researching solutions for sims 3, learning to mod, etc... I get really tired only thinking about going through all that again for sims 4.
    I gave very strict instructions to my hubby NOT to stealthbuy it for me, like he did last time :lol: .
  • Options
    chopin27chopin27 Posts: 764 Member
    edited July 2014
    Add me, pls. :)