Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unfair?

2...Next

Comments

• Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    edited July 2014
    Most base games are large files with expansions being much smaller since they only contain bits of updated code to integrate with the base game. :wink:
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • joop123joop123 Posts: 1,616 Member
    edited July 2014
    kovu0207 wrote:
    joop123 wrote:
    kovu0207 wrote:
    joop123 wrote:

True :P but if a demo for *limited* CAS is already 1gb then i expect the full game to be alot more :P

Indeed, especially since it "contains the most content ever for a base game"

:wink:

yeah ;) and in the demo you can only create Young adults, so the other lifestages data probably isn't put into the folders :P

Good point, yeeeeesh this file is going to be one huge base game. :o

Good news I'll probably be under 8GB ;) if its gunna fit on a DVD ;) feel sorry for the people Downloading it.

thats not including the Downloadable content we get with the game ;)
    •New Zealand
    •Collectors Edition + Headset
    Story behind my username: it's a unisex spray, when i made my account i couldn't think of anything so i chose that :P

Sims%2Bseries%2B%28512x146%29.jpgSims4SpinningBlumbot.gif

• kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    edited July 2014
    Most base games are large files with expansions being much smaller since they only contain bits of updated code to integrate with the base game. :wink:

True, but when you consider how many previous base game features are not in this base game, it does seem pretty large.
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Vilin213923Vilin213923 Posts: 519 New Member
    edited July 2014
    It does seem really unfair, I heard that it'll be a gradual release 1000 on one day, another 1000 a few days later and perhaps the August 12th date it for the general public? (people who don't own TS3?)
    edited July 2014
    It does seem really unfair, I heard that it'll be a gradual release 1000 on one day, another 1000 a few days later and perhaps the August 12th date it for the general public? (people who don't own TS3?)

Oww that would make a lot more sense. Fingers crossed that is how it will be done. :)
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • DanielroxheapsDanielroxheaps Posts: 33 Member
    edited July 2014
    At least we get The Sims 4 in the end
    edited July 2014

You mean the demo? I know we will get it in the end, but don't you think it's a trifle unfair that some might get it over a month before others?
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • joop123joop123 Posts: 1,616 Member
    edited July 2014

Yeah! :) cant wait to Insert the Sims 4 dvd into my pc :P
    •New Zealand
    •Collectors Edition + Headset
    Story behind my username: it's a unisex spray, when i made my account i couldn't think of anything so i chose that :P

Sims%2Bseries%2B%28512x146%29.jpgSims4SpinningBlumbot.gif

• Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited July 2014
    divide-and-conquer.gif

I intend to keep my eyes focused on EA.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2014
    kovu0207 wrote:
    On another thread I asked about a possible release date for the CAS demo for the whole community, and was told it might be the 12th of August.

Now I understand that some had to get it sooner, to test it out, iron out bugs ect, and I don't begrudge this. However, I thought; perhaps rather naively, that those who did not get the demo initially would have to wait perhaps a week or 2 longer, before it was rolled out to the masses.

Therefore, the news of perhaps having to wait over a month longer is quite disappointing, and I wondered if anyone else thought it unfair of EA to go about it in this way. :(

No, it's EA. It's to be expected. You know that evil genie syndrome they suffer from. :wink: It is stunning many people who got the new CAS are only Origin clients they have never even played The Sims and probably never would. It's not their style of gaming. That's a waste but I guess EA was trying to pull in everyone and everybody. I think those type of gamers will look at it and trash it. Or try it for a few seconds then go buy a ME4 or something. And if they do try it they will have no idea if the new way to build a Sim is better for the community or not, since they have never used sliders. They probably won't care the glasses bleed through hair styles, or there aren't a lot of ways to tweak certain parts of the face. Like you can't raise one eye compared to the next. But we could in TS3's CAS. Those details are important but the way EA is doing this it is more like..Ooh Shiny! :?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited July 2014
    I think it's stupid. They are fully aware that this community has been divided by their decisions so what do they go and do, divide the community even more.

EA clearly thrive on this pathetic "them and us" attitude they're trying to cultivate here.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited July 2014
    I am not quite sure why society cannot wait 4 weeks for something. so what is the big deal. It is a game. My gosh there is so many important tings in our life to be done, that 4 weeks will zip by.
    I have a lot of interest in my life and my time goes by so fast it is almost impossible to believe. I do not have the time to do all the things I want to do, wow, 4 weeks that will go by so fast that I won't be able to believe it. It will be like going to bed and wake up and here it will be. So relax, it's not like we are not getting it.
    edited July 2014
    Cinebar: New and shiny is kind of like beauty. It fades. I am not going to allow myself to get caught up in the confusion principle while EA is playing marketing games. I am keeping my eye on them. That is what they don't want. I am very much on the fence with this game. You may end up paying 60-80 dollars to be a beta tester instead of playing your game.
  • PyziaPyzia Posts: 110 Member
    edited July 2014
    Evalen wrote:
    I am not quite sure why society cannot wait 4 weeks for something. so what is the big deal. It is a game. My gosh there is so many important tings in our life to be done, that 4 weeks will zip by.
    I have a lot of interest in my life and my time goes by so fast it is almost impossible to believe. I do not have the time to do all the things I want to do, wow, 4 weeks that will go by so fast that I won't be able to believe it. It will be like going to bed and wake up and here it will be. So relax, it's not like we are not getting it.

True ;) Most people who complain about it are pretty young. No work or family (husband, kids to take care of)and school is off... They have time and nothing to do ;)

I'm with you - between my work, my husband and 9 month old son I have hardly no time to play. September will be here in a blink of an eye ;)
  • SilentGirl490SilentGirl490 Posts: 506 Member
    edited July 2014
    Pyzia wrote:
    Evalen wrote:

True ;) Most people who complain about it are pretty young. No work or family (husband, kids to take care of)and school is off... They have time and nothing to do ;)

I'm with you - between my work, my husband and 9 month old son I have hardly no time to play. September will be here in a blink of an eye ;)

I work 50 hours a week and while I may not have much time to play right now I am definitely irritated that we aren't receiving the demo all at the same time, I would like to play it on what little free time I have. While September may come fast it doesn't mean that people cannot be upset about the game or what EA has done, and it doesn't mean that they have too much spare time. This is one of the few hobbies I have time for so I think it is fine to be upset or irritated about this.
  • PyziaPyzia Posts: 110 Member
    edited July 2014
    Pyzia wrote:
    Evalen wrote:

I work 50 hours a week and while I may not have much time to play right now I am definitely irritated that we aren't receiving the demo all at the same time, I would like to play it on what little free time I have. While September may come fast it doesn't mean that people cannot be upset about the game or what EA has done, and it doesn't mean that they have too much spare time. This is one of the few hobbies I have time for so I think it is fine to be upset or irritated about this.

I didn't say that you cannot be irritated or that only people with too much free time are.

Truth is that it's way better to release demo to little bit more people every day than give it to everybody, Remember what happen with SimCity? When people get this game and log on servers broke. They not really testing Demo but Gallery which is on their servers. They don't want them to crash! So they let a bit more people to play everyday so they can adjust any problems BEFORE game will be released.
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited July 2014
    RockChick wrote:
    Only giving the demo to a handful of Simmers incrementally is making a lot of people bicker between each other more rather than being annoyed at EA for the sub standard content

This is what I was thinking too. I mean, look around. Not many people are talking about toddlers or pools anymore. It's all about who's got the demo, who's showing pictures, etc. And it makes the people who actually did get the demo feel very lucky. So, they're trying to staunch the bleeding from Toddlergate by giving everyone something else to focus on.

I know that CAS is one of the things that they're proud of, and I'm glad they gave some fans the chance to try it out. But, it's too bad that it was given out so randomly at this point in time.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • SilentGirl490SilentGirl490 Posts: 506 Member
    edited July 2014
    Pyzia wrote:
    Pyzia wrote:
    Evalen wrote:

I didn't say that you cannot be irritated or that only people with too much free time are.

Truth is that it's way better to release demo to little bit more people every day than give it to everybody, Remember what happen with SimCity? When people get this game and log on servers broke. They not really testing Demo but Gallery which is on their servers. They don't want them to crash! So they let a bit more people to play everyday so they can adjust any problems BEFORE game will be released.

Someone said that everyone won't receive the demo until August 12th, and that until them they will release it to some simmers here and there but they have given no times, like will it be every day or once a week? I don't want to wait until August 12th for a demo that other people are playing. EA needs to get it together, this game releases in less than two months and they shouldn't be having so many issues. I understand it is basically just to distract people from the anger they have over the content removed from the sims 4 but honestly they are just making more people angry.
  • ThoddyEAThoddyEA Posts: 108 Member
    edited July 2014
    kovu0207 wrote:
    On another thread I asked about a possible release date for the CAS demo for the whole community, and was told it might be the 12th of August.

Now I understand that some had to get it sooner, to test it out, iron out bugs ect, and I don't begrudge this. However, I thought; perhaps rather naively, that those who did not get the demo initially would have to wait perhaps a week or 2 longer, before it was rolled out to the masses.

Therefore, the news of perhaps having to wait over a month longer is quite disappointing, and I wondered if anyone else thought it unfair of EA to go about it in this way. :(

Is there anything you don't have to complain with? And by the way: I got it.
    By the way: Regarding your posts the game is worse than every game out there. And now you want to get the CAS? Sure.
    This poster is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
  • IcySlashIcySlash Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited July 2014
    ThoddyEA wrote:
    kovu0207 wrote:

By the way: Regarding your posts the game is worse than every game out there. And now you want to get the CAS? Sure.
    That's harsh. Can't talk for her, but for me, CAS is like the only thing worth paying for. It's actually a great improvement from the prequels, it's just THAT good from what i'm seeing and i can't wait to have it. If only the other half of the game were this good then we'd talk.
  • Sirjohn4420Sirjohn4420 Posts: 421 Member
    edited July 2014
    SJSNZ wrote:
    I agree, its also super annoying how the people who got the demo are telling everyone to get over it, I mean I bet if they didn't receive it they would be just as disappointed.

Well i got mine and i would never tell anyone to get over it. Those probbly never got it and are trying to start something. I would say ignore them and wait till you get yours.
    2v9ekhx.gif
    edited July 2014
    People are going to be disappointed or feel left out about not getting the demo. That is only natural and it should be expected. Although I am not sure it was entirely random as they say. It is plastered all over you tube for instance. There is some marketing stradegy going on there in some of their selections. I hope the LGR got it because he won't sugarcoat it. I do not begrudge anyone who got it. I watched a few videos and have a pretty good idea how it works and what is in it. I just care more about the game then I do the demo.
  • InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited July 2014
    RockChick wrote:
    Divide and conquer

That is in fact the tact EA is using. I have said before I don't care that I never got the demo, I just got onto youtube.com and look at what folks are posting. CAS alone does not a great game make. I am still not convinced TS4 will be any good at all.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
    edited July 2014
    Well I definitely agree with RockChick on this one.
    edited July 2014
    ThoddyEA wrote:
    kovu0207 wrote:

Oww please show me where I said its worse than every other game out there.... I think I must have memory loss as I certainly don't ever recall saying such. Also while you're at it please point out where I have said that CAS is awful, rubbish or heck even generally complained about it? I LOVE the new CAS, it's one of the things I have constantly raved about, it's many other areas which I feel are lacking, that I have an issue with.

Well done for getting the demo, I hope you're having fun. You obviously don't share my feelings of annoyance... as you aren't in the possible position of having to wait over a month longer than other simmers.
    kovu0207ver2.jpg