Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just bought the game and its not working...

There was an error During startup. Please see the log for more details.

Yes, I know many people have posted this error before but nothing seems to work, especially since they are saying this error is happening after updating. I however, have only just installed the game, literally 5 hours ago, and its been doing it since the very beginning!

I've tried everything I can think of and tried to follow directions but nothing works. Help! Please!

Also, I tried downloading some expansion packs and it says I haven't downloaded any of them. I don't know if its related to this problem or if its different, so I figure I should try fix the first problem beforehand.

I am using Windows 7 and my Graphics card is a Radeon HD 5450 with 2.8 Gig of RAM, don't know if this would help, but I'm pretty sure I meet all the requirements to run the game.

Comments

• Options
    DanielroxheapsDanielroxheaps Posts: 33 Member
    edited July 2014
    Sorry, I can't help you, try have a look on google or modthesims. I know great sims 2 installers, i could ask if they help with the sims 3?

P.S: Welcome to the exchange
  • Options
    bob007bob007 Posts: 10,062 Member
    edited July 2014
    The Radeon HD 5450 is not well suited for TS3. Most people who come here refer to this chart chart . You can see the 5450 does not play the packs well. The 5450 is a very entry level gaming card. If you are getting an error after the initial install there is something wrong with your computer. Is your computer a desktop or laptop? Is the operating system up to date? Are the graphic drivers up to date? You really need to post your computer's dxdiag.
    I do not work for EA nor do I have any association with EA. I am a gamer helping other gamers.
  • Options
    ShiphraShiphra Posts: 6 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Okay thanks, you've helped a lot ^_^ at least now I know what the problem is... Now I just have to save up for a new card.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Okay, so turns out it wasn't the graphics card. I'd written the wrong name on the computer, I pulled it apart and found a perfectly good Radeon HD 7750 inside *facepalm*. sigh... Now what!?

Edit: My computer is a Desktop, operating system is windows 7, so the latest is windows 8, but I'm pretty sure it should still works on Windows 7, it says it does on the back of the disk case anyway. The graphics drivers are up to date, I have absolutely no idea how to fix it. I really don't want to reinstall origin and the sims again ;~; it takes so long and I've already had to do it 3 times.
    Pleeeease help.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Well what are the odds, 5th time lucky, just reinstalled it another two times and it worked so... It's all good now :D