Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Oops...not eligible for Complete a Set.

So I earned some extra Simpoints tonight by watching the ads, then I browsed through the store and saw that some of the items from Brunch at the Old Mill were available for individual purchase, such as the hay cart decor, corn stalk decor, and butter churn. So I bought them, since they were only 25 SP each. So now, in order to get the Premium Items without buying these items again, do I just have to wait for the Premium items to become available for individual sale? I forgot to even check the note about the new set not being eligible for the complete a set discount...and I don't want to waste future points. :oops:

Comments

• anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited July 2014
    yes you have to wait for it to go on individual sale... it might do that faster in the ingame store.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member
    edited July 2014
    Thanks! I hope they become available soon, within the next few months at least. If not, I'll just have to buy the full set. I guess I'll have double of those items I already purchased?
    edited July 2014
    Thanks! I hope they become available soon, within the next few months at least. If not, I'll just have to buy the full set. I guess I'll have double of those items I already purchased?

on your list here yes.. not ingame
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    edited July 2014
    Ah, that's good to know :)
  • MarLee67MarLee67 Posts: 217 Member
    edited July 2014
    Chances are good that they will put that set on complete your set option in a few weeks. New sets usually take a little time for that. Since its not a venue it should be included soon. Some sets like "Seeing Stars" have never been included but thats pretty rare. The good news is it gives you time to collect more points while you wait. :D
  • DanielroxheapsDanielroxheaps Posts: 33 Member
    edited July 2014
    There is a set called Seeing Stars?
    edited July 2014
    Yes its outfits and things designed for performers. It came out around the same time as Showtime EP and its still not on the CYS discount.
    edited July 2014
    Chances are good that they will put that set on complete your set option in a few weeks. New sets usually take a little time for that. Since its not a venue it should be included soon. Some sets like "Seeing Stars" have never been included but thats pretty rare. The good news is it gives you time to collect more points while you wait.

Cool, thanks!
    edited July 2014
    Chances are good that they will put that set on complete your set option in a few weeks. New sets usually take a little time for that. Since its not a venue it should be included soon. Some sets like "Seeing Stars" have never been included but thats pretty rare. The good news is it gives you time to collect more points while you wait.

Cool, thanks!

also if the plants matters to you... and you don't play in english... you might want to wait until it is fixed any way
    edited July 2014
    Good point Anette. I had forgotton all about the issues with plants.
    edited July 2014
    I play in English, but I heard about the plant issues. Thanks for the advice. I waited until the toddler Walker and Playpen were released separately from the Child Center venue, and they were well worth that wait :)
    edited July 2014
    MarLee67 wrote:
    Good point Anette. I had forgotton all about the issues with plants.

I just hope the gurus fix it SOON
    I play in English, but I heard about the plant issues. Thanks for the advice. I waited until the toddler Walker and Playpen were released separately from the Child Center venue, and they were well worth that wait

personally I think every ting in this set is amazing (why it is so frustrating that the cucumbers dosn't work)

both of you I (and likely all that dosn't play in english) will be very happy if you help keeping the cucumbers don't work thread active until they fix it....
  • CandySims14CandySims14 Posts: 475 Member
    edited July 2014
    (off topic) Evenstar: If you ever need to contact me, you can post directly to my page since we are friends. I can't post to yours since it's set to private (which I totally understand). :)
    edited July 2014
    Thanks, CandySims14! I was wondering how to thank you for the fence, then ended up gifting you again. :)
  • vampyreluciavampyrelucia Posts: 850 Member
    edited July 2014
    So I earned some extra Simpoints tonight by watching the ads, then I browsed through the store and saw that some of the items from Brunch at the Old Mill were available for individual purchase, such as the hay cart decor, corn stalk decor, and butter churn. So I bought them, since they were only 25 SP each. So now, in order to get the Premium Items without buying these items again, do I just have to wait for the Premium items to become available for individual sale? I forgot to even check the note about the new set not being eligible for the complete a set discount...and I don't want to waste future points. :oops:

Just keep an eye on the Old Mill set. It may go on complete a set and mean time if there are anymore items in the set you really like buy the.

That is what I did with Bohemian Garden before it went on the complete a set.
    edited July 2014

Just keep an eye on the Old Mill set. It may go on complete a set and mean time if there are anymore items in the set you really like buy the.

That is what I did with Bohemian Garden before it went on the complete a set.

it's a nice way to do it... but it is (unless you buy the items or do the CYS when on sale) a more expensive way to do it in the long run.
    But it also means you don't have to save it all up at ones, so you get new stuff faster.

Personally I think I would save up for the set if I had to choose... even if it is jsut 100 sp I save that way....

but as you already have bought a few items, well then why not, though remember there is no guarentee it ever will go on CYS
    edited July 2014
    Yeah, I didn't realize it wasn't up for CYS when I bought the items. I'd forgotten that new sets aren't eligible, and that some never are. So I'll just wait and see what happens. If it never comes up for individual release of Premium Content, or CYS, I'll just take the loss and buy the set, since the points I used for the items were free anyway. I bought some Simpoints today and was able to finally buy the Deliciously Indulgent Bakery, and got the Serenity Retreat for only 732 points on the Daily Deal! So I have 2636 points left and am wondering which set to use them on...
    edited July 2014
    Yeah, I didn't realize it wasn't up for CYS when I bought the items. I'd forgotten that new sets aren't eligible, and that some never are. So I'll just wait and see what happens. If it never comes up for individual release of Premium Content, or CYS, I'll just take the loss and buy the set, since the points I used for the items were free anyway. I bought some Simpoints today and was able to finally buy the Deliciously Indulgent Bakery, and got the Serenity Retreat for only 732 points on the Daily Deal! So I have 2636 points left and am wondering which set to use them on...

good luck
  • Candyr277Candyr277 Posts: 623 Member
    edited July 2014

If you don't mind waiting a little bit, it will likely go to CYS within the next few months. Or it may just end up with a decent sale and you can get the rest of the set on the cheap. I know how you feel though. I too have purchased items not realizing it wasn't CYS. :?
    "The great will not be constrained by the small." - BioShock

Unknown.jpeg

• lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited July 2014
    New sets seem to go CYS almost 3 months exactly after their initial release.
    WznfzGr.gif