Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

60209060's WIP - Contemporary House Pictures - Page 9

Comments

• WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    edited July 2014
    Your latest WIP looks Fantastic, I just love that Incredible roof! I went back through from Ettington on and Rec'd everything you have finished. They are all equally Gorgeous. The mansions as well as the cool moderns. Looking forward to the seeing more of your new build. :D
  • 6020906060209060 Posts: 433 Member
    edited July 2014
    Thanks WrathofCath!

I've got some ideas for the kitchen/dining area. :mrgreen:

Screenshot-831.jpg
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    edited July 2014
    The kitchen and dining area looks great! :) Great layout of the kitchen! It looks great how you have done the fridges alcove. The texture of the walls looks great. Nice window dining area.
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited July 2014
    Gorgeous kitchen/ diner! LOVE it! :thumbup:
    edited July 2014
    Thanks rosemow and Yanti68!

I cas'd the kitchen a bit and it looks like this:

Screenshot-835.jpg

Screenshot-834.jpg

Screenshot-836.jpg
    edited July 2014
    I changed the garden and now it looks like this:

Screenshot-837.jpg

Screenshot-838.jpg

And... I redid the whole roof part and now it looks way more better:

Screenshot-839.jpg

Screenshot-840.jpg
    edited July 2014
    The kitchen looks very nice! Great texture of the walls! The dishes look great on the upper ledge! Very nice dining area. It looks great how you have done the upper shelf with the vase s! The black in the dining seats looks nice. Very nice exterior of the house! The roofing looks great! Great texture of the exterior. The water fountain feature looks nice outside the front of the home.
    Very nice home! :)
  • FischioFischio Posts: 319 Member
    edited July 2014
    Your modern WIP is continuing to look awesome. Love the use of the stage tool in the landscaping :mrgreen:
    edited July 2014
    Fischio wrote:
    Your modern WIP is continuing to look awesome. Love the use of the stage tool in the landscaping :mrgreen:

Thanks J! :mrgreen: I was thinking to build something "outstandingly special" to the kitchen and I'm still very pleased about that what I did. But as you can see, my style is (AGAIN) quite similar to your houses - but I love this and I just want to finish this. Even if it takes weeks to furnish, that all is very hard and I am continuously worried that if I have turned CFE on and the roof and everything gets messy... :mrgreen:
    edited July 2014
    This is my favorite area so far :mrgreen:

assaa.png
    edited July 2014
    The kitchen is fabulous! I love the wooden texture/pattern you have used there and for the exterior! Love the architecture! Looks fantastic! :thumbup:

Edit: Looks like we were posting at the same time! :lol: I almost missed your latest update. That outside sitting area looks stunning! Well done! :thumbup:
    edited July 2014
    Thanks yanti68! :mrgreen:

I have spent so much time with sims today! Here's some best views around the garden!

Screenshot-842.jpg

Screenshot-843.jpg

Screenshot-844.jpg

Screenshot-845.jpg

Screenshot-846.jpg

Screenshot-847.jpg
    edited July 2014
    The outdoors sitting patio area looks very nice! :) Sims will enjoy relaxing on the seats enjoying the outside views. The animals look great on and next to the wall, and nice ceiling lights that you have used there. The outdoors areas look very nice! The pool area is great! Sims will enjoy relaxing poolside or on the patio on the loungers, enjoying the sunshine. It looks very nice how you have done the plants over the middle of the pool! The plants on top of the pedestal columns look great! It looks very nice how you have done the trees, flowers and plants through the outdoors areas!
    The WIP is looking great! :)
  • niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited July 2014
    I really am starting to like this house, but I don't like one thing. You seem to be placing wrought iron fencing in random places in the house. It just doesn't fit for me. Not with the elegant wood paneling and large slate stone slab.

Also, another criticism. The landscaping isn't coherent for me. You have autumnal deciduous trees mixed with palm trees. It doesn't make sense for me. The world you are building in seems to be very temperate so I don't see much room for tikis and palms in this type of world.
    edited July 2014
    niac1234 wrote:
    I really am starting to like this house, but I don't like one thing. You seem to be placing wrought iron fencing in random places in the house. It just doesn't fit for me. Not with the elegant wood paneling and large slate stone slab.

Also, another criticism. The landscaping isn't coherent for me. You have autumnal deciduous trees mixed with palm trees. It doesn't make sense for me. The world you are building in seems to be very temperate so I don't see much room for tikis and palms in this type of world.

I have to bow to you. You're the first man who ever has criticized my works. :mrgreen:

This house is meant to be placed to sunny and warm place, and I agree that some of the trees doesn't just fit with the entire house.

You mean those iron fences in the kitchen? I thought that it would look nice - and without any fence that hanging thing would be floating in the air. Quite hard this is, I have to say...! :oops:
    edited July 2014
    60209060 wrote:
    niac1234 wrote:

I have to bow to you. You're the first man who ever has criticized my works. :mrgreen:

This house is meant to be placed to sunny and warm place, and I agree that some of the trees doesn't just fit with the entire house.

You mean those iron fences in the kitchen? I thought that it would look nice - and without any fence that hanging thing would be floating in the air. Quite hard this is, I have to say...! :oops:

:XD: Is that a good thing? You're still miles ahead of me, I just like your work so much that I want to see it improved if that makes any sense.

If you like the look of the fences, then keep them! This is your build after all! I think it's a great idea, it's just that the nature of the graphics of the object don't fit with this house. I think the other wrought iron gate from the base game would work better.

Just out of curiosity, where do you have the lot placed now, and where do plan to place it?
  • sherrylynn8779sherrylynn8779 Posts: 2,102 Member
    edited July 2014
    Amazing WIP! I love the CFE work! :D
    My Twitter:: My Facebook:: Gallery Name: sherry_lynn1979
    edited July 2014
    Great urban garden! :thumbup: It looks chic! I can't stop staring at that roof though! :lol:
    edited July 2014
    niac1234: It IS a good thing - one thing what I stand for is honesty. I never praise pointlessly. And that what you said is quite... reasonable. :oops:

Thanks for the tip. I'm going to fix that part of the house! I'm quite sure that after that you said I can't stop thinking about the "wrong fences" and "wrong trees". :mrgreen:

I guess best world for this is Sunlit Tides but... no one has gifted it to me :mrgreen::wink:
    edited July 2014
    Better? :mrgreen:

Screenshot-851.jpg
    edited July 2014
    Another picture:

(ps that is actually just double-post and I decided to not to show same pic two times and replaced this one with different pic) :oops:

Screenshot-848.jpg
    edited July 2014
    Yes! It looks so much better now! :D
    edited July 2014
    SO much CASing.

Screenshot-852.jpg

Screenshot-853.jpg

Screenshot-854.jpg
    edited July 2014
    The white bedroom is stunning! :shock: Makes the room so much brighter! The bedspread goes so well too. Also like the fact that you used the raised platform for the bedroom. Loving the black wall too. Great combo with white. :thumbup:
    edited July 2014
    The bedrooms look very nice! :) Nice colours of the beds. The raised platform of the bed in the second bedroom and how you have done the colour of the bed and platform together looks great. Nice patterns that you have used for the sofas and floor rug in the first bedroom. Great design of the music room! Nice texture of the grand piano.
    Great updates! :)