Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

July focuses on everyone's favorite pastime *Updated Wednesday, July 2!

Comments

• 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    edited July 2014
    murfeel, just gotta say, I enjoy reading your posts. You have a wonderful way with words that seems to echo what most of us feel. Thank you!

Edit:

You know what? I'm just gonna speak for myself here. Don't want anyone getting out the pitchforks...Wait. What am I thinking? The peeps on this thread will understand. They're all awesome. :mrgreen:
  • MariesaliasMariesalias Posts: 1,954 Member
    edited July 2014
    SGCopeland has said before (I believe), that a store patch is being worked on. I think the actual comment referenced things he was trying to get added to it, or something along those lines.

It doesn't seem likely we'll get a patch until the store is ready to close, if at all. Kind of a 'So long, and thanks for all the fish.' ;p

Better to re-code the stairs and release them as PC, then to wait for a patch that may never happen.
  • Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    edited July 2014
    murfeel, just gotta say, I enjoy reading your posts. You have a wonderful way with words that seems to echo what most of us feel. Thank you!

Edit:

You know what? I'm just gonna speak for myself here. Don't want anyone getting out the pitchforks...Wait. What am I thinking? The peeps on this thread will understand. They're all awesome. :mrgreen:

I enjoy reading murfeel's posts, too. murfeel is always original with her own flair and wit and always is on point with the sentiments of how us simmers feel. Gotta luv murfeel. :D
  • darkwidow11darkwidow11 Posts: 601 Member
    edited July 2014
    Okay this really blows! I can't make a corn maze cause the sims walks right through it. :evil: Does anyone know a work around?
  • DianeTaylorDianeTaylor Posts: 701 Member
    edited July 2014
    Okay this really blows! I can't make a corn maze cause the sims walks right through it. :evil: Does anyone know a work around?

I figured that would be the case. But I'm sure something can be done with MOO. Like maybe a short fence with the corn MOO'd onto it to hide it?
  • MariesaliasMariesalias Posts: 1,954 Member
    edited July 2014

I figured that would be the case. But I'm sure something can be done with MOO. Like maybe a short fence with the corn MOO'd onto it to hide it?

The wire one might work, or the glass one from ITF, if recolored right.
  • espereldaesperelda Posts: 171 Member
    edited July 2014
    For some unknown reason my pics of the tea set aren't uploading onto photobucket so I can post them here for you guys :x Although they will show on MyPage.
  • AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited July 2014

Just discovered that myself. I was actually worried about Sims not being able to get to something because the corn was blocking it...and then they just blithely walked right through it! So, good for me, bad for you! LOL Actually I desperately want to make corn mazes and crop circles (with a secret alien base underneath the crop circles!) so I need to figure this out as well! I will experiment with different fences recolored to match the corn stalks and see what can be accomplished as soon as I finish my latest project. If you do the same PLEASE post your results here! Thanks!
    edited July 2014

Edit:

I enjoy reading murfeel's posts, too. murfeel is always original with her own flair and wit and always is on point with the sentiments of how us simmers feel. Gotta luv murfeel. :D

Murfeel is The Speaker... she speaks aloud what we all think...and does it with more eloquence and flair than we could possibly manage on our own! As such, she fulfills a VITAL function I tell you! Long live murfeel! Down with the evil tyrants of EA! LOL

*looks around for my pitchfork to follow murfeel with on that long trip to California...*
  • Catdog123Catdog123 Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited July 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:

Just discovered that myself. I was actually worried about Sims not being able to get to something because the corn was blocking it...and then they just blithely walked right through it! So, good for me, bad for you! LOL Actually I desperately want to make corn mazes and crop circles (with a secret alien base underneath the crop circles!) so I need to figure this out as well! I will experiment with different fences recolored to match the corn stalks and see what can be accomplished as soon as I finish my latest project. If you do the same PLEASE post your results here! Thanks!

So I took a look at it. I thought the playground fence turned green was the least noticeable. Here was some of my testing.

I made a big square with the fence and then planed out a path with the fence and mooed corn all over the fence and put some corn in front and behind the fence as well to cover up more of the fence. I put some things at the end of the maze and had my sim go to them and he did walk through the path of course cause the fence blocked him.
    Screenshot-1900.jpg

My sim admiring his work. Thought it was fun that aliens can scan the corn :P
    Screenshot-1905.jpg

And just a little fun with invasions. The sims will run through the maze as well during the invasion.

Screenshot-1902.jpg
    Screenshot-1903.jpg
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited July 2014

Edit:

This! I always enjoy reading murfeel's posts :) She has a 'dry' wit and honesty that I appreciate :) murfeel, do not ever change my dear! :thumbup:
    rnKEhBT.png
    edited July 2014
    Catdog123 wrote:
    AmaraRena wrote:

So I took a look at it. I thought the playground fence turned green was the least noticeable. Here was some of my testing.

I made a big square with the fence and then planed out a path with the fence and mooed corn all over the fence and put some corn in front and behind the fence as well to cover up more of the fence. I put some things at the end of the maze and had my sim go to them and he did walk through the path of course cause the fence blocked him.
    Screenshot-1900.jpg

Screenshot-1905.jpg

And just a little fun with invasions. The sims will run through the maze as well during the invasion.

Screenshot-1902.jpg
    Screenshot-1903.jpg
    That looks great Catdog! :) :thumbup:
    Note. Did you see that my son [finally!! :roll:] finished his Fairground? You had mentioned you wished to see it once he had completed it. Here is a link to the image thread: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/761707.page
    rnKEhBT.png
    edited July 2014
    Ah thank you Kate :)I'll go take a look at it right away. :D

Edit: Downloaded, recommended and Favorited. :) and I left a comment on the image thread.
    Siggy_4.jpg
    edited July 2014
    Catdog123 wrote:

Edit: Downloaded, recommended and Favorited. :) and I left a comment on the image thread.
    Thank you Catdog for your recommendation. I hope you enjoy using this lot :) Have a great day today ٩(๑•◡•๑)۶ ⒽⓤⒼⓈ
    rnKEhBT.png
    edited July 2014
    Catdog123 wrote:

Thank you Catdog for your recommendation. I hope you enjoy using this lot :) Have a great day today ٩(๑•◡•๑)۶ ⒽⓤⒼⓈ

Ah you too *hugs*, I had a stupid moment and pressed play before actually installing the lot lol.
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • DianeTaylorDianeTaylor Posts: 701 Member
    edited July 2014
    Catdog-
    Your corn maze/alien invasion pics were spectacular! :lol::lol:
    Glad the fence trick works too!
  • Silence731Silence731 Posts: 305 Member
    edited July 2014
    wow i step away from the website for a few weeks and i come back to this wonderful set...i noticed that they said the lot that the pictures was taken on would be posted to this thread but i havent found it yet and theres 163 pages to go through, does anyone know if they have posted it yet or not and what page the link is on? would be much appreciated
    edited July 2014
    Silence731 wrote:
    wow i step away from the website for a few weeks and i come back to this wonderful set...i noticed that they said the lot that the pictures was taken on would be posted to this thread but i havent found it yet and theres 163 pages to go through, does anyone know if they have posted it yet or not and what page the link is on? would be much appreciated

Her lot is here http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8314506

She also made this lot as well to go with the lot http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8314505
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • darkwidow11darkwidow11 Posts: 601 Member
    edited July 2014
    Catdog123 wrote:
    AmaraRena wrote:

Screenshot-1900.jpg

Screenshot-1905.jpg

Screenshot-1902.jpg
    Screenshot-1903.jpg

Thank you so much for testing this out! I think tomorrow I will give it a go. My game froze up on me two times today so I gave up for the night. Very aggravating! I love your pics BTW. :D the last one is my favorite lol
  • Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited July 2014
    Shoot! I was hoping to be able to make Life Fruit Preserves. My Sims never seem to keep any life fruit in their inventories. I guess they're the first item used as fertilizer since they're of Perfect Quality usually. I thought that by making preserves, I could simply open the jar and use them. But the canning station has no options for Life Fruit. Bummer. :cry:
    Origin ID: nik24x7
    edited July 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    Shoot! I was hoping to be able to make Life Fruit Preserves. My Sims never seem to keep any life fruit in their inventories. I guess they're the first item used as fertilizer since they're of Perfect Quality usually. I thought that by making preserves, I could simply open the jar and use them. But the canning station has no options for Life Fruit. Bummer. :cry:

Hello Nik my dear :) (^.^)/ *waves* I too was disappointed that we could not use the Life Fruit to make jam or preserves :( I am happy that we can use the Plasma Fruit as I play often with vampires :)
    rnKEhBT.png
    edited July 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:

Hello Nik my dear :) (^.^)/ *waves* I too was disappointed that we could not use the Life Fruit to make jam or preserves :( I am happy that we can use the Plasma Fruit as I play often with vampires :)

Hehe am amused by my vampire eating a plasma covered scone. Sounds revolting to a human but for a vampire perfect snack! :P
    Siggy_4.jpg
    edited July 2014
    Catdog123 wrote:
    AmaraRena wrote:

Screenshot-1900.jpg

Screenshot-1905.jpg

Screenshot-1902.jpg
    Screenshot-1903.jpg

WONDERFUL! Thank you for taking the time to sort this out! I actually think it may be easier to design our mazes and crop circles using fences anyway so this could turn out to be a good thing!
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited July 2014
    Catdog123 you're making me giggle! Plasma covered scones and aliens scanning the corn? Genius! :lol:
    edited July 2014
    If you are unaware, I just discovered this..

I placed a Rustic Rack on the Old Mill lot and stocked it with jams and preserves. Random townies sims took [not purchased] jars then proceded outside to eat toast and scones :)

screenshot_original.jpg

Gobias Koffi

screenshot_original.jpg
    rnKEhBT.png