Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Modern Glamour (WIP) by Niac1234!

niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
I've decided to do progress threads for some of my WIP's. :D I started this one after my 4th of July celebration and I really like how it's turning out! Criticism is appreciated.

Screenshot-177_zpsdd336a2f.jpg

I really love the trees from ITF :XD:

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    edited July 2014
    Your Modern Glamour WIP looks very nice! :) Great exterior design of it! The curved wave roofing looks great! It looks great the type of and placement of the windows. The trees from ITF do look nice. I will look forward to seeing updates of your build! :)

Also congratulations on your new world being featured on the Summer Showcase thread! :)
  • niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited July 2014
    Thanks Rosemow! I didn't even know that I was featured in the showcase. Usually they give you a full on feature with a badge and such for showcases. Ah well. :XD: I'm still honored.

Check out this vaulted ceiling! It'll be the future master bedroom with an en suite art studio! :D p.s. The windows are a work in progress, they look a lot better from the outside.

Screenshot-178_zpsde343c98.jpg

I would appreciate some criticism for this foyer. It's off to me, but I've already spent a good half hour on it and I don't much feel like continuing with a measly foyer.

Screenshot-180_zps50be3dd3.jpg
    edited July 2014
    Okay, a couple more pics before bed. :D

Screenshot-188_zps06b4723a.jpg

Screenshot-185_zps274feb4e.jpg

I love how the spotlights from town life make a room look so sexy. :XD:
    edited July 2014
    The vaulted ceiling in the master bedroom looks great! :) It looks great that you have used the curved staircase leading down the area in the second picture. Very nice dining room! The type of dining seats that you have used look nice and suit the type of home. The black and white colour of them looks stylish and the type of dining table that you have used complements them. It looks nice that you have placed a bottle and glasses on the table top , which adds a great touch to the dining area look. Sims will enjoy having a drink from the bar with their meal. The decanter on the side table looks great there. Sims will enjoy listening to the piano music whilst dining. The glass staircase suits well the build.
    It is looking great! :)
    edited July 2014
    Thanks Rosemow! I always enjoy hearing your kind words. :D
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited July 2014
    This looks so stylish! Absolutely stunning work so far :mrgreen:

Just from the pictures I wouldn't give any criticism, because I think everything looks amazing, but since you specifically mentioned being unhappy with the foyer, I would suggest that maybe it's a little heavy to the left side, because you have the taller pedestal there and also the taller ***** on the table. Maybe shift the table arrangement about to balance things out? Or maybe it's the doors that are shorter than the windows that are throwing you off? These are just suggestions to help you figure out your dissatisfaction, because personally I think it all looks perfect :)
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited July 2014
    I love your new WIP! The architecture is amazing! I particularly love that CFE roof! Great work! Looking forward to more. :D
    edited July 2014
    GreenCats wrote:
    This looks so stylish! Absolutely stunning work so far :mrgreen:

Just from the pictures I wouldn't give any criticism, because I think everything looks amazing, but since you specifically mentioned being unhappy with the foyer, I would suggest that maybe it's a little heavy to the left side, because you have the taller pedestal there and also the taller ***** on the table. Maybe shift the table arrangement about to balance things out? Or maybe it's the doors that are shorter than the windows that are throwing you off? These are just suggestions to help you figure out your dissatisfaction, because personally I think it all looks perfect :)

I really appreciate the feedback. Does this look better?

Screenshot-189_zps3d2be031.jpg

If you're watching this Tom aka 60209060, then I hope you don't mind that I stole your wall lamp chandelier idea!
  • sherrylynn8779sherrylynn8779 Posts: 2,102 Member
    edited July 2014
    Wow! :shock: This is an amazing structure! I love the interiors! Genius work on the the windows! I think they look stunning! Did you place them after you CFE'd? I can't wait to see the finished project! :D
    My Twitter:: My Facebook:: Gallery Name: sherry_lynn1979
    edited July 2014
    The foyer looks great! It looks great how you have the ceiling chandelier. It looks great how you have done the pattern on the edges of the flooring and that you placed the vase and the pedestal stand on the corners of it. Nice colour shades you have used in the room.
  • stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    edited July 2014
    lol no criticism needed! Looks awesome! :D
    edited July 2014
    Wow! :shock: This is an amazing structure! I love the interiors! Genius work on the the windows! I think they look stunning! Did you place them after you CFE'd? I can't wait to see the finished project! :D

Yes I did, but the ones in the master bedroom are now replaced. They just didn't work for me.
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited July 2014
    niac1234 wrote:
    I really appreciate the feedback. Does this look better?

I do prefer this new version - I think it's a little more controlled - but to me they both look really beautiful! So it's just about which one you like better :D

Can't wait to see more! This build is very exciting :mrgreen:
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
    edited July 2014
    An update! This is one of the guest bedrooms and the living room. Something is off about the guest bedroom for me. Those are usually the hardest rooms for me. Get ready for Cork ceilings and Copper walls! :twisted:

Screenshot-191_zpsf5174567.jpg

Screenshot-190_zpsc459ab10.jpg
    edited July 2014
    The guest bedroom looks great! Great texture of the walls. The type of pictures on the wall look great and suit the type of home. It looks nice how you have placed the curtains on the bedhead wall. Very nice living room! It looks great that you have done a platformed area! The items in the corner area look great! Nice textures that you have used for the tv and flooring.
    The WIP is looking great! :)
  • MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    edited August 2014
    I am so happy that I got to get a taste of the interiors! Niac this build is seriously stunning, thank you so much for sharing! :XD: