Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tyntesfield WIP Project - Completed! DL link on page 1

Comments

• sherrylynn8779sherrylynn8779 Posts: 2,102 Member
    edited July 2014
    Holy Mother of Llamas! Your use of the wall ivy is spectacular! The green house and the rose garden are amazing looking! I have been drooling over this since you started and I must say, there is a lake surrounding my swivel chair! I'm kind of nervous that I will be swimming in it soon. :lol:
    My Twitter:: My Facebook:: Gallery Name: sherry_lynn1979
  • FischioFischio Posts: 319 Member
    edited July 2014
    Thanks rosemow, yanti, and sherrylynn! :mrgreen:

Landscaping has been slow going since I've been trying stay somewhat true to the RL version, but I have much less space to work with. I didn't want to put too much in which would make it look crowded or copy the RL version exactly, which would make it look too bare so it's been a balancing act of sorts.

Better get a bucket ready sherry since I have a few shots to share :D:

Chapel courtyard:

Screenshot-270.jpg

Garden:

Screenshot-273.jpg

Front parterre:

Screenshot-271.jpg

The RL parterre is on the left of the house, but it wouldn't fit so I moved it to the front.

Closeup of parterre:

Screenshot-272.jpg

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
    edited July 2014
    The Chapel courtyard looks very nice! :) It looks very nice how you have done the water pond pool feature ! The shape of the pool and the way you have placed the flowers and the trees on the either sides of it , and the two fish sculptures facing towards the woman sculpture in the middle all looks very great! Very nice garden area. It looks nice how you have done the arches leading to the entrance to the greenhouse. The front parterre is so very lovely! :) The details and design of this section and all the parts of your build are so intricately done and look so very nice! Sims will very much enjoy just wandering along the outdoors areas of their home enjoying all the nice surroundings that they see! The way you have placed the hedge fencing to get the design looks very nice!
  • niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited July 2014
    Woah! I had no idea you were jisgr8! You've been gone for a LONG time. This looks phenomenal! :D

I was thinking about changing my username for the sims 4 too. :XD:
  • FireFlower29FireFlower29 Posts: 168 Member
    edited July 2014
    This is absolutely stunning work!!! The real version and the sim version look identical to me, and that can be difficult in this game. KUDOS!

One question, on the dog house you have round walls. Are those made by you or are they pre-shaped? Just wondering as I've been itching to attempt the Calgary Tower but so far I have to build it as a hexagon. :(

Take care!
  • 6020906060209060 Posts: 433 Member
    edited July 2014
    Absolutely amazing work again, J!

Finally I see where the main staircase roof window is located! I have been wondering about it since I saw the video about the interior :mrgreen:
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited July 2014
    WOW! :D I love all the updates! The garden is gorgeous!
    edited July 2014
    @rosemow: Thanks rose! I'm glad you think sims will enjoy walking in the gardens. I tried to make each side of the building unique and interesting with the landscaping design.

@niac1234: Thanks! And yeah I was away for a little bit :oops: It's nice to be back and see what all the simmers have been up to :mrgreen:

@FireFlower29: Wow thanks! I guess I'm doing something right then :D. As for the curved wall, it's a column in the shape of a 1/4 section of a tower that comes with the castle set. You can find it here: The Complete Castle by Castle Kits, Inc.

@60209060: Thanks Tom! I found it using google earth :D It's really useful to get an idea of the complete shape of a building since pictures rarely show all angles.

@yanti68: Thank you yanit! No updates for now, but I'll be moving to the interiors soon :D
    edited July 2014
    I use Google Earth too, it's my biggest friend here! :mrgreen:

When will you post more pics? I can't wait to see the interior. :oops:
    edited July 2014
    60209060 wrote:

Prob not for a while with the holiday weekend. I'm gonna take this build slowly since after doing the layout I have close to 40 rooms to furnish/CASt soooo I'm all for slow and steady wins the race :D
    edited July 2014
    edited July 2014
    Fischio wrote:
    60209060 wrote:

Prob not for a while with the holiday weekend. I'm gonna take this build slowly since after doing the layout I have close to 40 rooms to furnish/CASt soooo I'm all for slow and steady wins the race :D

It's totally fine (and if it wouldn't be it's still no matter lol). Enjoy your weekend! I didn't except to get this baby to my game for a long time, I am for patience too. :wink:

Btw...40 rooms totally???? Wow! I think in these weeks you finish Tyntesfield I will build at least 40 houses :) But we all are having great time though!

(my english is really weak...! I hope you understand what I am saying - or am I saying anything to you?) lol :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    edited July 2014
    Holy flood buckets! Your landscapaing is immaculate! I am laughing over here on your comment about getting a bucket ready! I might have been better suited to view this on a phone and stand over my garden! :P
    edited July 2014
    Thanks guys! Perfectly understandable Tom ;D and feel free to switch to a hose for your garden Sherry since I won't be updating for a bit lol

I'm gonna go on a short break from this project for a few reasons.

One, at last count there are 45 rooms in the house, which is a bit overwhelming when I think about the amount of work that will take so I will plan first and then come back.

Two, I bought the supernatural EP for the build/buy objects and have been improving the skills of my tester who is now a werewolf xD I had him living in my victorian lot and it was a pain for him and Bandit to get from place to place(they always take the long way around). Tyntesfield seems so unlike Waddesdon in that it feels lived in and much less like a museum than the latter. I need to do the same and focus on better playability not on just making something visually pleasing and when testing not simply make sure that all the objects can be accessed/used. Sims in terms of movement are not very sophisticated so they are sooo slow and need a lot of space lol. Good pathwaying can help reduce that annoyance. I want to improve as a builder in more of a practical sense than aesthetically atm, so anybody who dl's my lots can enjoy using them more. And so I plan to play the game for a little while lol

Third, zombies :mrgreen:
    edited July 2014
    Great! I understand that you understood :D
    edited July 2014
    Well, heck! I was hoping to save on my water bill! :P

I can't imagine having that many rooms to have to decorate! My gosh! I hope you enjoy your planning!

Zombies: I guess you'll be needing my compound soon, eh? :P Kidding.
    edited July 2014
    45 rooms?!!!! :shock: OMG! That's a lot! Good thing that you are decorating slowly. :D Can't wait to see more pics.
    edited July 2014
  • imogerimoger Posts: 5,787 Member
    edited July 2014
    It's so great to see you creating again, your builds are always amazing! :)
    Tyntesfield is totally breathtaking in all details - and it's still a WIP! Can't wait to see more!
  • TRajahTRajah Posts: 2,403 Member
    edited July 2014
    Good lord, man. Your builds in the past have inspired and inspired and inspired me. And you're doing it again. A.Maze.Ing.
    edited August 2014
    Thanks guys for the support of this project :mrgreen:

As an update I wanted to share what I've done to help speed up the interior work. With building my least favorite thing to do is interior design, and it's the area I am the weakest. And having the prospect of almost 50 rooms to furnish and decorate, I've come up with a system to hopefully make things less painful. What I've done is create a lot where I have working models for the rooms I will put into the house (first pic). Loading times are reduced and I can even use this lot later for ideas in other builds. Each room is even saved in its own collection so I simply need to place everything after doing all the work on this lot.

Screenshot-292.jpg

So far I've created 3 layouts that I will furnish in 3 different ways for 9 bedrooms + nursery and bulter's room for 11 bdrms in all. You can see one of the layouts below with the 3 CASt versions.

Screenshot-289.jpg

Screenshot-290.jpg

Screenshot-291.jpg

3 rooms down 42 to go. It's a start :oops:
    Post edited by Fischio on
    edited July 2014
    I really like that idea! Especially when you have sooo many rooms to do! :D

Your cast'ing of each of the rooms looks wonderful. I love the moo you've done on the bedposts and vanities! I see that Eiffel Tower again! :D It is quite clever!
    edited July 2014
    Your idea for your build where you have a lot with various layout models is great! :) It is great that you can use the same layout and change the CASTing.
    The three rooms that you have done look very nice! Very nice shades of colours that you have used for the beds! It looks great how you have done the bedposts! The way you have used the columns to create the vanity table looks very nice! The vanity table looks very nice! Nice pictures that you have placed on the wall above the fireplace for sims to enjoy seeing when laying in bed. Very nice CASTing of all the furnishings!
    edited July 2014
    Great plan J! I wouldn't have thought of that! Makes your work more easier and faster. Loving the CASing! :thumbup:
    edited August 2014
    Thanks sherry, rose, and yanti :mrgreen:

I had a few more shots of the gardens that I didn't share yet.

The kitchen garden:

Screenshot-297.jpg

Remodeled greenhouse:

Screenshot-296.jpg

Back gazebo:

Screenshot-295.jpg
    Post edited by Fischio on