Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Time to get real!

Comments

• SadieD123SadieD123 Posts: 1,317 Member
    edited July 2014
    I think you underestimate just how far this outrage is stretching. This is the only place where I've seen people still excited for the game, at least a substantial amount of people. Most everywhere else everyone but a select few have been turned off from the game. I also think you underestimate my hatred of EA because I definitely won't be touching this game ever. You're probably right and it will sell millions of copies...at first. If it continues to go down the path it looks to be going down though, I can't imagine it will have a long lasting life like its predecessors.

This! I have seen ALL OVER the place the unhappiness that people are feeling for this game. Facebook, reddit, twitter, youtube, even the comments on articles put out of the game are horrible. If you think it's just us here that are unhappy about the game I think you need to go really looking outside these forums and really see the extent of the disdain that EA has caused over this game.
    275f503fc4c6c8ef197baeea76ebe0f91373200482_full_zpscc1a19512.gif
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm hearing too many people complaining about sims 4. And these petitions, don't get me started on them. Let's get real people. The sims 4 is a game and is a business. Even if you decide to boycott the game, sims 4 will still go on to sell millions of copies and it will make big bucks. Guess what? Those who say they won't buy the game are in the minority. There are million other people who will buy it. And you will end up buying it! Don't even try and say that you won't ever play it. That is bull!

Wow we have another fortune teller and I am dying to know where you are getting you info how many is buying?
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited July 2014
    ts1depot wrote:
    kovu0207 wrote:
    Seriously, another thread complaining about complainers! These are beginning to outweigh the actual complaining threads. :roll:

So complaining is only okay if it's just complaining about the game?

Basically, yes. We're here to discuss the game, not each other.
  • Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    edited July 2014
    Badmagic wrote:
    catitude5 wrote:
    I'm hearing too many people complaining about sims 4. And these petitions, don't get me started on them. Let's get real people. The sims 4 is a game and is a business. Even if you decide to boycott the game, sims 4 will still go on to sell millions of copies and it will make big bucks. Guess what? Those who say they won't buy the game are in the minority. There are million other people who will buy it. And you will end up buying it! Don't even try and say that you won't ever play it. That is bull!

What exactly is left for you to play? They took everything out.
    That's not strictly fair, if you buy retail you get a Frisbee.

I said the same thing in another thread. :lol:

• GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited July 2014
    Faith12368 wrote:
    Moonbarker wrote:
    Well that petition to put in toddlers and pools in the base game with over 14,000 signatures... If only half of those people don't buy it when it releases, they'll already be losing so much money.

Even if all 14000 and most of whom are unhappy in this forum do not buy, it probably won't make a noticeable "dent in the bucket" to matter. Now if there were 100s of thousands maybe, but there isn't at this time. So..onward it will go for now.

How do you know that there aren't enough unhappy people for it to matter and cause a dent in sales? I don't understand why so many people keep dismissing the growing number of disappointed simmers and saying that they don't matter, or that enough people will buy it anyway. This series is not infallible.

I honestly don't know that it will make a noticeable dent in sales, but at this point nobody knows that it won't either. We'll all just have to wait and see what happens a few months after release. But it would behoove them to pay attention to the negative feedback, and this many unhappy fans is nothing to write off.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
    edited July 2014
    People who are "Complaining" wants to love the game but EA/Maxis is not being honest in disclosing information and most of the bits and pieces that is coming out is not good. The marketing and hype that EA/Maxis is pushing is not helpful in the least. I was on the fence once upon a time but now I fell off that fence because EA/Maxis pitch sounds like they are half stepping and sorry I do not give my money corporations that does a shoddy job of marketing, you can fool some of the people but you can't fool them all and I brought a lot of EA's products past and present but not no more. Can't wait for the reviews and numbers to come in after 2 Sep 2014.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited July 2014
    You are seriously the worst type of person on the forums. You can have your opinions about the game whether it's good or bad, but you are just poison. This is a forum. We discuss things, we voice our opinions. That's what the purpose of a forum has been since ancient greece (except it wasn't called the forum then). You seriously need to just leave if you are just going to complain about people who want a better game.
  • ArielDelphinusArielDelphinus Posts: 628 Member
    edited July 2014
    People have a right to complain especially when they are cutting out base game items. One which has been in EVERY base game for 14 years. The other that is part of a life stage and builds part of our emotional connection with our little Sims. Especially in a game that is suppose to be all about emotions. Yes EA has a right to make money, they are a business after all. But we as purchasers, especially when money is tight for everyone, are owed a good product and if that product is flawed or not living up to it's potential then we have a right to complain and sign petitions. Our purchase pays their pay checks.
    “Because if you don't stand up for the stuff you don't like, when they come for the stuff you do like, you've already lost.”
    ― Neil Gaiman
  • AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    edited July 2014
    I admit it...I love the drama that a new base game brings.
  • alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    edited July 2014
    moo11x wrote:
    Boycotting and protesting does lead to change and does make a difference!!!
    Anyone who states otherwise does not know their history and should study it, many great people have overcome the wrongdoings of those with 'power'.
    Amen!
    p6tqefj
  • simmadness24simmadness24 Posts: 828 Member
    edited July 2014
    I agree somewhat. Some will buy, some won't but either way there is a decision to be made. This game is coming out in 2 short months whether any of us wants it to or not. That folks is the only reality just like death and taxes. :lol:

The only thing complaining does is convince others that you are not in control of the situation- unknown

Yeah, you might get a few virtual sympathy hugs but your only decision is to not buy the it, buy it, or wait to buy it. What will it be, folks? I'll be glad to be rid of so many complainers because they won't be following us to the official Sims 4 forums. This protest may work for screenshots (I've done it) but I bet no one is going to step up and boycott anyone. If so, get to it and stop talking about it! Don't talk about it, be about it.

I'm not trying to be insensitive. I get it. But okay, you feel this way so now what are you going to do about it? That is the question.

• pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited July 2014
    Halle_M wrote:
    I'm hearing too many people complaining about sims 4.

Then stop reading those threads.
    And these petitions, don't get me started on them.

Don't read them.
    Let's get real people.

We ARE being real. It's known as calling a corporation to account, and it happens all the time.
    The sims 4 is a game and is a business.

And as such, they must answer to their customers.
    Even if you decide to boycott the game, sims 4 will still go on to sell millions of copies and it will make big bucks.

I will have the satisfaction of MY money not being any part of that.
    Guess what? Those who say they won't buy the game are in the minority.

Link to facts that support your assertion? Because you thinking something is so, does not actually make it so.
    There are million other people who will buy it.

Probably. So what?
    And you will end up buying it! Don't even try and say that you won't ever play it. That is bull!

If EA decides to bundle the game with three or four expansions and sell the whole thing for $10-$15 sometime in the future, like in 2018, sure, I will buy it. Wow. You found me out. But I will have bought it at 75%-80% off, a significant cut in their profit margin, a fact that makes me intensely happy.
    Since when do they have to answer to us? Its a business we don't have any say in the game unless they decide our ideas are good. We don't own EA or the sims 4.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Taranatar9Taranatar9 Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited July 2014
    Since when do they have to answer to us? Its a business we don't have any say in the game unless they decide our ideas are good. We don't own EA or the sims 4.

You do understand that the game only makes them money when the customers (that's us) buy it, right?
  • simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    edited July 2014

We are the ones who keep their bread on the table. We are the ones who keep their bank accounts full. We (should) have the biggest say in the matter. And THAT is being real.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited July 2014
    Taranatar9 wrote:

You do understand that the game only makes them money when the customers (that's us) buy it, right?
    Of course but that doesn't mean that they have to answer to the consumer.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    edited July 2014
    Taranatar9 wrote:

There are a handful of simmers on this forums compared to the millions that will buy it. EA is going to do what EA wants to do which is take your money. You might not give it to them, but others will.
  • simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    edited July 2014
    Taranatar9 wrote:

^This^ from Taranatar9. :thumbup:
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
    edited July 2014

We are the ones who keep their bread on the table. We are the ones who keep their bank accounts full. We (should) have the biggest say in the matter. And THAT is being real.

Sorry to break it to you but this "we" thing doesn't speak for "all". I'm buying the game, you're not. Okay, and then what? This is just like every other game. Some will buy now, some won't, and some will buy later. Unfortunately their aren't as many "we won't buy" people out there compared to "we will buy" or "we'll buy later" especially once advertising gets going. Unfortunately EA has their hands in several pockets and you're just a booger on the shoulder of a big corporation that they just flicked off.

I happen to own a business and I can tell you right now that there are several who think I'm too expensive and will be some in the future who just don't care for my work. I don't worry about those people because I will continue to target to those who want me to take their money. It seems no one understands business here. If Peter doesn't like the product, I'm going to move on to Paul who does.
  • Taranatar9Taranatar9 Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited July 2014
    Taranatar9 wrote:

It really kinda does. Maybe not in the sense of obeying our every whim, but it's in their own best interests to make a game that we'll want, with the core features that we expect, because that's what will convince us to part with our money.
    edited July 2014
    Taranatar9 wrote:
    Taranatar9 wrote:

It really kinda does. Maybe not in the sense of obeying our every whim, but it's in their own best interests to make a game that we'll want, with the core features that we expect, because that's what will convince us to part with our money.

This is what you aren't getting. Those core features will be added later most likely. Yep, it sucks because if you want it you have to buy it but I can guarantee you that at least 70% of you guys not buying the base game because of pools and toddlers will probably buy it once they are added in the future. People not buying is only a fraction of those who will buy, and those who will buy later.
    edited July 2014

Sorry to break it to you but this "we" thing doesn't speak for "all". I'm buying the game, you're not. Okay, and then what? This is just like every other game. Some will buy now, some won't, and some will buy later. Unfortunately their aren't as many "we won't buy" people out there compared to "we will buy" or "we'll buy later" especially once advertising gets going. Unfortunately EA has their hands in several pockets and you're just a booger on the shoulder of a big corporation that they just flicked off.

I happen to own a business and I can tell you right now that there are several who think I'm too expensive and will be some in the future who just don't care for my work. I don't worry about those people because I will continue to target to those who want me to take their money. It seems no one understands business here. If Peter doesn't like the product, I'm going to move on to Paul who does.
    Your theories will be put to the test on 2 Sep 2014. As far as how many will buy and how will not, you or anybody really can't say who is in the minority until after the numbers come in after 2nd Sep 2014 and to say that you can is senseless. What you want to achieve may be different than what other businesses may want to achieve. Until 2 Sep 2014 anything I say or anybody say here on how well EA/Maxis is going to or not do is speculation. Nobody here has access to EA/Maxis spreadsheets to say what is what.
  • Claire17Claire17 Posts: 655 Member
    edited July 2014
    Taranatar9 wrote:

This is what you aren't getting. Those core features will be added later most likely. Yep, it sucks because if you want it you have to buy it but I can guarantee you that at least 70% of you guys not buying the base game because of pools and toddlers will probably buy it once they are added in the future. People not buying is only a fraction of those who will buy, and those who will buy later.

With all due respect, neither you nor I have a clue just what proportion of existing simmers are or aren't buying the game. And yes, many people who don't buy the game initially will buy it later, but for far less money than they'd have paid if they'd pre-ordered / bought it in the first couple of weeks, so EA aren't making as much money as they could have if we'd been excited enough to pre-order.

It's not unheard of for games to flop so badly they don't make enough in sales to cover what was spent developing it. I suspect simcity societies, spore and simcity5 probably fall into that category, but might be wrong. With the amount of bad PR it's getting, the sims4 may be about to join them or it may just be a storm in a tea cup - we won't know until the initial sales figure are out and even then if sales are low initially, they could pick up if a few good EPs are released so it might be a year or so before we get the full picture.

Edit: multiple times due to my inability to format properly.
  • Claire17Claire17 Posts: 655 Member
    edited July 2014
    Sorry, double post
  • knuckledusterknuckleduster Posts: 1,268 Member
    edited July 2014

Remember what happened to SC2013?

It seems like history is repeating itself here.

The only difference is they keep shouting to preorder, preorder and yet have given no clear, straightforward information.

So, yes, it is a business and they should adapt to the business model of transparent marketing their product to us and making us WANT to buy it.

Money that is not handed over to them blindly, regardless of what EA thinks of those who play their games.
    edited July 2014
    Taranatar9 wrote:
    Taranatar9 wrote:

Now it depends what core items that is to be added and how well it will work with the engine, EA/Maxis has stated they are using teams that are not skilled in certain areas, so if they can't do it now what makes me think they can do it then. I see it as a ploy to get people to buy the game on a promise and promises can be broken as witnessed in SimCity. EA/Maxis said offline was not possible in SimCity and then with all the anger and disappointment that EA/Maxis was catching flack for all of a sudden they were able. So I do not believe for one instance what EA/Maxis is doing here is honest.