Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Am I the only one NOT abandoning Sims 3?!

Comments

• MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited July 2014
    My comment is the same: spent too much money, ton of content... not giving the game up
  • KrystleTaniaKrystleTania Posts: 430 Member
    edited July 2014
    Definitely on the sims 3 band wagon here too! The game has everything I want and I have modified it with mods so I can play it just as I like. I also still really enjoy playing it.

I will be buying TS4 but it hasn't convinced me yet. Especially with the limitations in hair colour and clothes pattern customisation.
  • SteffstarSteffstar Posts: 1,354 Member
    edited July 2014
    I plan on sticking with it. I have some legacies and stories I want to do, and I know they'll work on Sims 3. Besides, I'm not 100% sure I'll like Sims 4. I'll have to wait for it to be out for a while so I can see how it plays. I didn't get Sims 3 until there were at least three expansions.

I also love Sims 3 because it helped me get through a rough time in my life. It's special to me.
  • suicidalcheetossuicidalcheetos Posts: 315 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm not swayed by TS4 yet, not enough content I like to move on.
    Plus...I have to mentally prepare myself for loading screens, since most of the games I play now don't have them.
    I'll probably stay on TS3 site until EA shuts it down.
    I hope when that time comes it will be sometime much later in the future, like 2~3 years in the future. :(
    These are probably the best resources/threads for beginners.
    Daily Deal Thread - D&D Spreadsheet - The Gifting Directory
    Reinstall Store Stuff: No Repeats or Disappearing - Nraas Mods to Fix Your Game
    ~Ctrl + F to open up search bar for D&D Spreadsheet~
  • Toddly13Toddly13 Posts: 42 Member
    edited July 2014
    I just got S3 last summer. I still only have the base game, so there is a lot left for me to explore. It will probably be some time before I look into S4
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited July 2014
    Toddly13 wrote:
    I just got S3 last summer. I still only have the base game, so there is a lot left for me to explore. It will probably be some time before I look into S4

That's really the smartest way to go about it.
    More value for your money that way.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm not swayed by TS4 yet, not enough content I like to move on.
    Plus...I have to mentally prepare myself for loading screens, since most of the games I play now don't have them.
    I'll probably stay on TS3 site until EA shuts it down.
    I hope when that time comes it will be sometime much later in the future, like 2~3 years in the future. :(

I agree, cheetos. If they wouldn't charge an arm and a leg just for the base game, I would probably get it. But right now - for me - there's still quite a bit of stuff I want to buy from the store. Now that I finally have a computer that I can actually play The Sims 3 on, why would I abandon it?
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • HazysmithHazysmith Posts: 115 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm definitely staying with TS3, I've invested too much money in it!
  • LittleLeotaLittleLeota Posts: 680 Member
    edited July 2014
    I love TS3 and still have so many things I want to do in it. There are also still a few store things I don't have, one SP I don't have (Diesel) and 1 world (Roaring Heights). I love all the Sims I've made and all the various stories I have going on. I couldn't leave them! I also have quite a few builds I'm working on and others I'm planning to build.

Sims4 sounds very disappointing to me so far, and I'm on record as "not buying" unless and until they show some vast improvement to it.

So to answer the OP question, you're not the only one! :)
  • ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    edited July 2014
    No, I am definitely not abandoning Sims 3. It feels as if TS4 came out too soon and that there's still so much left to do, especially now that I'm using Create a World.
    EiFlric.png
  • ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    edited July 2014
    I think many of us will be sticking with Sims 3, the news about Sims 4 gets more depressing by the day, the latest being no grocery shopping or even school buildings. So much is missing I'm at a loss as to what you're actually meant to do in Sims4.
    I've really got the feeling this latest series will bomb, 1 maybe 2 expansions before it's abandoned a bit like Sims Medieval. Would love to be proved wrong, but after 14 years of simming I can't recall this level of disappointment prior to a new launch.
  • LadyGreenEyesLadyGreenEyes Posts: 928 Member
    edited July 2014
    cale2003 wrote:
    I feel like Once sims 4 comes out I'll be the only one uploading lots and posting on the forums. Am I the only one not leaving sims 3?

Not by a long shot!!! Haven't you read all the complaints about TS4, and the "Don't improve;remove!" way it seems to be designed? A LOT of players don't even want it, as it stands right now.

Unless they close the Exchange for TS3 stuff, people will still be using it. Heck, if they had a TS2 section, many would still use that!
  • WaltzDreamsWaltzDreams Posts: 329 Member
    edited July 2014
    There are still many things I've never done in this game (nor do I have all of the EPs). Why would I leave? :mrgreen:
  • SimFanAJSimFanAJ Posts: 2,755 Member
    edited July 2014
    So far, I'm not even buying TS4. I like how the Sims look in 3 a lot more!
    1stsiggy_zpsa76c2175.png
  • ilikethesims30ilikethesims30 Posts: 556 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'll continue to play "TS3" for a good while. There's a lot of things I haven't done yet. I might play TS4 eventually, but it hasn't really piqued my interest.

I just hope this website won't shut down when TS4 comes out. I like it here.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm not necessarily abandoning Sims 3, I just want to see what Sims 4 has to offer. If I don't like it, or if it falls way too short to my expectations, I will fall back on Sims 3. I didn't rush to uninstall Sims 2, when I made the transition. I did go back and play it once, but ran smack dab into the glitches the last SP left us. Lost the children from my favorite family. Got me really steamed and I decided to go back to Sims 3 and even without pointy ears to try to recreate the family. I was so angry at that point, that I uninstalled Sims 2 completely. I had everything Sims 2. All the EPs and all of the SPs.

I'm curious about the new game, but know how lacking a base game can be. I might just play Sims 3 for a time, and go back and forth between them. For sure, I'll come back and visit these boards from time to time.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • KanyeBrooklynKanyeBrooklyn Posts: 15 Member
    not the only one ! still playing Sims 3 !!
  • Kb777Kb777 Posts: 11 New Member
    I will never abandon sims 3 over Sims 4 lol
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    @KanyeBrooklyn @Kb777 the last comment before yours was in 2014- I'd be careful because necroposting is against forum rules.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    Necroposting has been happening way too much now.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Sometimes I understand why newer members necropost, besides of course them simply not realizing they are doing so. They are doing their best to ask a question or add to information that had already been provided, not entirely yet understanding that a thread from so many years ago is not a suitable place to be doing that. But this one is a multi-page conversation that took place in its entirety before TS4 was even released. Fun to look back on perhaps, but not exactly a chat that one expects to still be relevant and continue as if five years haven't passed in between.

For the record though, we had over a million downloads of our TS3 mods at NRaas from the day we moved to our new site in October 2018 through just a couple of months ago. Either some prankster is downloading the same mods a million times while not logged in to make us look silly or feel special (probably not) or there are at least some players still engaged with their TS3 games. And of course those who choose not to use mods, not to use NRaas mods in particular, or who already had the current versions they need from us would never have been counted by such an informal metric. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    TS3 for life!
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited August 2019
    igazor wrote: »
    Sometimes I understand why newer members necropost, besides of course them simply not realizing they are doing so. They are doing their best to ask a question or add to information that had already been provided, not entirely yet understanding that a thread from so many years ago is not a suitable place to be doing that. But this one is a multi-page conversation that took place in its entirety before TS4 was even released. Fun to look back on perhaps, but not exactly a chat that one expects to still be relevant and continue as if five years haven't passed in between.

For the record though, we had over a million downloads of our TS3 mods at NRaas from the day we moved to our new site in October 2018 through just a couple of months ago. Either some prankster is downloading the same mods a million times while not logged in to make us look silly or feel special (probably not) or there are at least some players still engaged with their TS3 games. And of course those who choose not to use mods, not to use NRaas mods in particular, or who already had the current versions they need from us would never have been counted by such an informal metric. :)
    Don’t ask me to explain why but I find that awesome! Good old game (wipes away tear).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    @igazor I'm just surprised a Mod didn't immediately jump right in here because this thread was necroposted. It's a shocker. :scream:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    I had never even heard of Necroposting until I came here. The idea of it kinda scared me a little. It doesn't make sense that it's something needed. And I do agree it's likely beginners or people new to the game who don't realize they're old threads. And sometimes it's good, because you might learn something you didn't know before from a old thread that you probably wouldn't have searched for. I can't really see a reason in necroposting being so bad. Then again, this is the only forum I've been to where we ourselves can't close or delete our own threads/posts...
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top