Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

July focuses on everyone's favorite pastime *Updated Wednesday, July 2!

Comments

• Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited July 2014
    (人-◡-) ♥。o.゚。*・♥・ ƓƠƠƊ ƝƖƓӇƬ Mƴ LƠνĔLIĔS ・♥・*。゚o。♥ (-◡-人)

I am off to sleep now :)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited July 2014
    Kate that is what happened to me,got world of wonder and got missing objects thing..have no clue what objects went missing but now have to re-download all store content over again but this time am leaving out pets expansion,lunar lakes and barnacle bay since I do not use them..maybe even riverview since its only a world with no new real objects.Will take a load off my game.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    mcveighjessmcveighjess Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited July 2014
    Ok. We need to have a chat with the guru's about midnight releases. I would have no problems with everyone getting it before I wake up!!! I just want it now!
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited July 2014
    I thought sets don't normally have blogs? :?

I did think I'd wake up to find SGC had spilled the beans, or let the beans out of the can, or whatever saying is appropriate when canning and tea are involved. :lol:

It'd be nice to get some details while we sit here twitching while we wait for the set to be released. :lol:
    Hello Cinderelli my lovely :D
    Oh, do they not usually have a wee write up? We got one with the Bohemian Garden... http://www.thesims3.com/community/blog.html?&month=03&year=2014

I hope we do get one. I like blogs and they're always funny! :D
  • Options
    17mars17mars Posts: 263 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm working from home today. That sounds good until I realize work is not going to get my full attention. Hope I don't make too many mistakes as I dual task.
  • Options
    ThrippaThrippa Posts: 678 Member
    edited July 2014
    Midnight's about when I'll be getting it - I head to work at 12:30 pm Eastern and won't be back 'til nearly midnight. On the other hand, I missed the drama of the missing sale price with the WoW release, because by then it was correctly on sale. Back on the first hand, though, I'm supposed to be coming home through tropical storm conditions - not clear if we're talking wind and/or rain - so I hope we'll have electricity when I get home. Don't mind the rain but wind could be a problem, since my commute is back-country roads with no lights - I might not see a tree down before it's too late at the usual speeds. At least the sections lined by corn fields should be safe. :D Mixed farm and lumber, that's us!
  • Options
    miklcmiklc Posts: 3,110 Member
    edited July 2014
    To those that are purchasing the set today please do post lots of pictures! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited July 2014
    miklc wrote:
    To those that are purchasing the set today please do post lots of pictures! :mrgreen:

yes please... then they there when I get it
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    mqstoutmqstout Posts: 24 Member
    edited July 2014
    Check back tomorrow to get the set! We'll also be throwing the Lot up on the Exchange, so you can download that tomorrow as well!

Is there an easy way to find all the "official" content on the Exchange? I generally avoid the Exchange for various reasons, including CC-breaks-things. Not sure why these aren't included with the downloads since they're "official".
  • Options
    pepperw1pepperw1 Posts: 487 Member
    edited July 2014
    Thrippa, all I can say is PLEASE drive slowly home. I use to live on the east coast and went thru a few hurricans. The winds that you'll are suppose to get are what we here in western S. Dakota had a few days ago. I don't know why you would have to work today with the weather you'll are suppose to get. Please stay safe and if you must drive, drive safely.
  • Options
    cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    edited July 2014
    Kate that is what happened to me,got world of wonder and got missing objects thing..have no clue what objects went missing but now have to re-download all store content over again but this time am leaving out pets expansion,lunar lakes and barnacle bay since I do not use them..maybe even riverview since its only a world with no new real objects.Will take a load off my game.

That is the bummer when you can't figure out what is exactly missing. I had numerous sets uninstall so for me it was obvious. I would say that at least 50% of my sets uninstalled. In the end I still have missing objects after I reinstalled everything so I have a feeling I had some CC installed that might have contributed to the problem. It took me hours to get everything installed and back up again and running. However, my Sims 3 game is running more smoothly than it has in a long time, so in the long run it worked out.

With Sims 4 turning into a huge hot mess I think I will be playing Sims 3 for a very long time to come.
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited July 2014
    mqstout wrote:
    Check back tomorrow to get the set! We'll also be throwing the Lot up on the Exchange, so you can download that tomorrow as well!

Is there an easy way to find all the "official" content on the Exchange? I generally avoid the Exchange for various reasons, including CC-breaks-things. Not sure why these aren't included with the downloads since they're "official".

if the lot was included it would be a venue... and the items in them rarly get split up and sold indiviually.

I say look at the gurus acounts... thats the best way to find what they made.

you could also learn to use a scanning tool like custard.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    darkwidow11darkwidow11 Posts: 601 Member
    edited July 2014
    Adventfear on SimsVIP had the idea of doing crop circles and flying an alien saucer over them. I thought that was a great idea, so I want to share it here.

Wouldn't it be neat to do crop circles and have an alien saucer hiding in an abandoned barn?? Where is the corn?? Need it now!! LOL.

That's a fantastic idea! I think I'm going to make mine spooky and put ghost, fog, and pumpkins on my lot. :mrgreen:

Now the scarecrow will feel more at home looking over his corn!
  • Options
    SimbolicSimbolic Posts: 925 Member
    edited July 2014
    well, it's almost teatime here....

where's my tea?
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited July 2014

That is the bummer when you can't figure out what is exactly missing. I had numerous sets uninstall so for me it was obvious. I would say that at least 50% of my sets uninstalled. In the end I still have missing objects after I reinstalled everything so I have a feeling I had some CC installed that might have contributed to the problem. It took me hours to get everything installed and back up again and running. However, my Sims 3 game is running more smoothly than it has in a long time, so in the long run it worked out.

With Sims 4 turning into a huge hot mess I think I will be playing Sims 3 for a very long time to come.

Does anyone know what is causing this? There hasn't been a patch, which is the usual culprit for this sort of thing. But I, too, recently noticed the whack-a-mole game is missing from my World of Wonder Set...which means it's almost certain I'm missing other things as well. I would LOVE to know what caused this to happen!
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited July 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:

Does anyone know what is causing this? There hasn't been a patch, which is the usual culprit for this sort of thing. But I, too, recently noticed the whack-a-mole game is missing from my World of Wonder Set...which means it's almost certain I'm missing other things as well. I would LOVE to know what caused this to happen!

I *think* it happens when too much has been installed at once. Which is why you're supposed to install one world at a time and stuff. There was info about it somewhere I'll go look....
  • Options
    luvalphvleluvalphvle Posts: 1,545 Member
    edited July 2014
    A little while ago I was missing the Renaissance Faire, even though my game said it was installed. What I had to do was go find the file name and physically drop it into the folder with all my other Store stuff, and then it showed up. It was weird.
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited July 2014
    For those of you itching to try your hand at making corn mazes:
    http://www.cornmazesamerica.com/cornmazeservices.php

I think I may try my hand at just the spiderweb portion of this:

skull.gif

Caveat: Something to keep in mind whilst making mazes... keep en eye out for stuck Sims! I fear they may get confused easily and die in the cornfield! LOL
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited July 2014
    That missing objects thing used to be a pain. But I always keep copies of my installation folders now, so I can replace them if something goes amiss (DCCache, DCBackup, Library & Installed Worlds).

Everything in this set is looking wonderful. I love the new pics of the well etc and stairs. Only a couple of hours to go now :D
  • Options
    pepperw1pepperw1 Posts: 487 Member
    edited July 2014
    It's also a good idea to make sure,(If you have cc installed in your game) to have your cc merge pkg.(found in your DC Backup folder) up to date.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited July 2014
    Adventfear on SimsVIP had the idea of doing crop circles and flying an alien saucer over them. I thought that was a great idea, so I want to share it here.

Wouldn't it be neat to do crop circles and have an alien saucer hiding in an abandoned barn?? Where is the corn?? Need it now!! LOL.

That's a fantastic idea! I think I'm going to make mine spooky and put ghost, fog, and pumpkins on my lot. :mrgreen:

Now the scarecrow will feel more at home looking over his corn!

THIS. :twisted:
    AmaraRena wrote:
    For those of you itching to try your hand at making corn mazes:
    http://www.cornmazesamerica.com/cornmazeservices.php

I think I may try my hand at just the spiderweb portion of this:

skull.gif

Caveat: Something to keep in mind whilst making mazes... keep en eye out for stuck Sims! I fear they may get confused easily and die in the cornfield! LOL

That is so cool! Yes I'm going to have to do some looking around. If sims die in the corn field...oh well. The good thing about the cornfield is that it's not really build intensive just design wise you want to be creative. I'm assuming anyways. I can't wait to try it out. Even with all the rest of the stuff in this set it will likely be the first thing I do lol.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    Catdog123Catdog123 Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited July 2014
    Backed up my downloads last night. I Some how dodged a bullet with the carnival set but may not be so lucky this time.
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    espereldaesperelda Posts: 171 Member
    edited July 2014
    That missing objects thing used to be a pain. But I always keep copies of my installation folders now, so I can replace them if something goes amiss (DCCache, DCBackup, Library & Installed Worlds).

Everything in this set is looking wonderful. I love the new pics of the well etc and stairs. Only a couple of hours to go now :D

Yes I have started doing this as well, thanks to Karritz and Dorsey.
  • Options
    Dragon123561Dragon123561 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited July 2014
    This set is going to be so much fun, I can't wait to see what simmers create. I also can't wait to get my hands on that beautiful lot made for this set.

OTBANNERhol_zpslahzogjc.png