Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Failed to share - have you had this happen?

2...Next

Comments

• only_heatheronly_heather Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    What is Delphy's Dashboard??

I am frustrated that at times it will work (sharing) and others it won't...
  • cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    edited November 2013
    BreeMiles wrote:
    I have Figured it out yay.. This worked for me, Save your lot to your library, then back out of your game all the way back to the launcher. Go to installed content an click an let them load, right beside select all or select none, there is a box that says (run without custom content),2ufxged.png check that box. A warning will come up read it clearly.. Then click ok, and go into your game. don't open the lot you want to share, just click where you have it saved in your library, and now click share, and it should work. Now just back back out of your game DO NOT SAVE when it ask... Now it should be in your launcher. Now Uncheck that box before you go back into your game, and everything should work fine. It has to be reading something of EA's as CC, because I don't use CC in my builds. As I said this just worked for me. I hope it works for you all also..I'm headed now to see if it will upload to the exchange. I will let you know if that part works also...

Thank you very much, this worked for me. I saved the lot to the library, exited my game, opened the launcher, checked the custom content box. Reopened my game, shared the lot SUCCESSFULLY from the library. Exited the game WITHOUT SAVING!!! (very important). I opened the launcher and there was my lot ready to upload. After I uploaded the lot I placed back into my town. All the store content was still with the lot.

This fix was amazing, thank you. I am also posting her to bump this thread so others can use this workaround to upload their ltos.
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    edited July 2014
    So I run into the dreadful Failed To Share Again today!! Here was the pesky item that was causing all the fuss!!

[img]http://i2.minus.com/jDSfgcStYrYGN_e.jpg "width=600"[/img]

I only removed this item and it then shared without a hitch!

So Be WARNED If you use this Item you may get the dreadful FAILED TO SHARE!!
    edited July 2014
    What is Delphy's Dashboard??

I am frustrated that at times it will work (sharing) and others it won't...

This may help you to understand what Delphy's Dashboard is and how it works!

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/03/tutorial-delphys-dashboard.html
  • duyguugudurduyguugudur Posts: 2,684 Member
    edited July 2014
    BreeMiles wrote:
    I have Figured it out yay.. This worked for me, Save your lot to your library, then back out of your game all the way back to the launcher. Go to installed content an click an let them load, right beside select all or select none, there is a box that says (run without custom content),2ufxged.png check that box. A warning will come up read it clearly.. Then click ok, and go into your game. don't open the lot you want to share, just click where you have it saved in your library, and now click share, and it should work. Now just back back out of your game DO NOT SAVE when it ask... Now it should be in your launcher. Now Uncheck that box before you go back into your game, and everything should work fine. It has to be reading something of EA's as CC, because I don't use CC in my builds. As I said this just worked for me. I hope it works for you all also..I'm headed now to see if it will upload to the exchange. I will let you know if that part works also...

Thank you very much, this worked for me. I saved the lot to the library, exited my game, opened the launcher, checked the custom content box. Reopened my game, shared the lot SUCCESSFULLY from the library. Exited the game WITHOUT SAVING!!! (very important). I opened the launcher and there was my lot ready to upload. After I uploaded the lot I placed back into my town. All the store content was still with the lot.

This fix was amazing, thank you. I am also posting her to bump this thread so others can use this workaround to upload their ltos.

Hello guys, my problem is "being unable upload to exchange" fm my launcher. :/
    Not only Sims,lots but also screenshots ! :shock: :evil:

I tried

-deleted bugged items- like that cursed vase!
    -Deleted all exports/screenshots/etc from launcher.
    -Deleted my cache files.
    -Renamed the lot to something different.
    -Saved lot to library, tried to export from library.
    -My game is updated fully(mind you it started after i updated my game!)
    But need to check my origin is updated or not. I remember as i updated before,but they might issue new one?

I have no mods or CC! I am also very selective while i am using exchange... so CC is not thye issue...

I was planning to delete and re-install all my Store content. Then i see this.

Before deleting my store content,will do this one too! But have a question... when i clicked "run without Custom Content", will it effect the CASting i had done in my lot that i am planning to uplaod? Can u help me?

thanks...
    edited July 2014
    BreeMiles wrote:

I tried

-Deleted my cache files.
    But need to check my origin is updated or not. I remember as i updated before,but they might issue new one?

I have no mods or CC! I am also very selective while i am using exchange... so CC is not thye issue...

Before deleting my store content,will do this one too! But have a question... when i clicked "run without Custom Content", will it effect the CASting i had done in my lot that i am planning to uplaod? Can u help me?

thanks...

Sweetie I'm not sure for sure but it may!! On getting it on the exchange it has been buggy for a while now. Don't try it on the weekend or at peak times as it seems not to work at all when trying to upload.

P.S. Have you tried clearing your browser history also??
  • duyguugudurduyguugudur Posts: 2,684 Member
    edited July 2014
    BreeMiles wrote:
    BreeMiles wrote:

I tried

-Deleted my cache files.

thanks...

Sweetie I'm not sure for sure but it may!! On getting it on the exchange it has been buggy for a while now. Don't try it on the weekend or at peak times as it seems not to work at all when trying to upload.

Thank you Bree! Yep everytime before i open my launcher/game, i use CCLEANER which clears all history,cookies...etc

So perhaps it is safer to try delete and re-install all my store content?(because i do know due to compilations i overlapped some store content) and see if it helps...

Because i really like using store content and use CASting very much... :/

Do you know what makes me mad, none of the Gurus are take a notice of situations... I posted/seen on many sections, like techinacal threads,store disscussions and some of them are started 2010,2011 and no solution anywhere...

All good simmers try some things to solve themselves and their share abt it(Thanks GOD at least we had you guys ;) )
    edited July 2014
    BreeMiles wrote:
    BreeMiles wrote:

I tried

-Deleted my cache files.

thanks...

Thank you Bree! Yep everytime before i open my launcher/game, i use CCLEANER which clears all history,cookies...etc

So perhaps it is safer to try delete and re-install all my store content?(because i do know due to compilations i overlapped some store content) and see if it helps...

Because i really like using store content and use CASting very much... :/

Do you know what makes me mad, none of the Gurus are take a notice of situations... I posted/seen on many sections, like techinacal threads,store disscussions and some of them are started 2010,2011 and no solution anywhere...

All good simmers try some things to solve themselves and their share abt it(Thanks GOD at least we had you guys ;) )

You are welcome dear. I try to share what I know about it! It was bugging me to death when it started on me I think Last year. I was trying everything. Then the work around worked for me. Now I have found that pesky vase item that was doing it this time. I would make a copy of my DCCache folder and add it to my desktop before the uninstall an re-install dear. But you don't have to..
  • lepa_lover27lepa_lover27 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I am having the "failed to share problem" and I didn't use any custom content, or store content. I tried to share something else and the same thing happened. I changed the name, and I have it saved in the bin. I don't know what else to do. Please help.
    edited November 2014
    I am having the "failed to share problem" and I didn't use any custom content, or store content. I tried to share something else and the same thing happened. I changed the name, and I have it saved in the bin. I don't know what else to do. Please help.

You can find my email in my about me on my My Page in the old TS3 site!! Attach the save file to email and I will look at it to see if I can see anything sweetie!! I'm not sure what else to do except to pull a new TS3 Folder and then add your build back in that new folder and then try to upload! You will not have store content in the new TS3 folder if you pull one!!
  • NORIEGA1984NORIEGA1984 Posts: 2 New Member
    The Sims 3: How to fix the “failed to share”/uploading and saving issue 1-8-2017

First, before you start the game look in the GAME LAUNCHER and click on INSTALLED CONTENT, then click RUN WITHOUT CUSTOM CONTENT. Then click the PLAY BUTTON to start the game. If you want to share/upload/save a lot/content, click on the lot/content and click SAVE A COPY TO LIBRARY. Then find the lot/content in the library, click on the lot/content and click SHARE. It should say successful. Next, click on the OPTIONS MENU and click OPEN GAME LAUNCHER and it should be right there in the upload section. To upload your lot/content to The Sims 3.com check the box for the lot/content you want to upload/share, then click UPLOAD. Go to The Sims 3.com and go to MY PAGE and go to MY STUDIO and your lot/content should be there. To save your content to your computer or flash drive go to the GAME LAUNCHER and click on UPLOADES then click the box for the content you want to save. Then click SHOW FILE. Drag the content file to your flash drive or where ever you want to place it on your computer. You can also click on the content then left click and then click send to or other options.
    To turn back on Custom content, quit your game and go to the GAME LAUNCHER then click on INSTALLED CONTENT then uncheck the box RUN WITHOUT CUSTOM CONTENT. Start your game. All your Custom content should be where it was before.
    I hope this works for you please let me know if it did.

I did not play The Sims 3 for almost two years because of dealing with life/grown people problems and I could not take care of my business and play The Sims 3 at the same time because I am so addicted to The Sims 3 and knew I would get nothing done. So, I finally got back into playing and then this issue of not being able to share/save came up! I never had this problem before. I was so upset because if I can’t save my content to my flash drive then I can’t play the game! It takes way too much time and hard work to make my content and I cannot take the chance of not backing it up and losing it! I spent a whole day trying to resolve this issue. Tried almost everything which included contacting EA Help chat who could not help me and said they would get back to me! There were only two things that I found that might work and I will post them below. The first option was way too frustrating and way too much work to every time you want to upload/share/backup your content so I looked for another option. The second option seemed easier but it did not work when I tried it and I followed the directions to a tee. So, I changed some of the steps and it worked! This is the fix option I posted. I believe EA does not want people to upload and share their content anymore because when people download content from other Simmers that included content (hair styles, clothes etc.) they do not have (paid for) in their game, I guess they felt like they were losing money, as if they have not made enough already. It must be on purpose because many of the post I saw about this problem were from like 2011 up until now. So, EA could not fix this problem in all these years? That is part of the reason why I say it must be on purpose. If this is the case they definitely could have found a better way to handle THEIR issue. I still plan to stay on EA to fix this issue and I hope other Simmers will do the same! They owe Simmers a lot with all the money we’ve spent and the sad and horrible tragedy that is The Sims 4! They owe us!

Here are the two other options that might work:

First Option:
    6 - 29 - 2013
    Bree Miles Moderator for EA
    06-29-2013 08:49 PM
    This is how you can fix and the only way I have found to fix (Failed to Share Issue)... Copy your whole The Sims 3 folder to your desk top and give it another name after you get it on the desk top like The Sims 3 old will do fine.. Now that makes you an old copy in case you mess anything up... Now go to the EA folder The Sims 3 and open it and go to DCCache and Delete everything in that folder, this is your store content and custom content folder. Now Go to DCCachebackup and delete everything in that folder except the (ccmerged.package) Do Not Delete that file... Now your game will upload your lots, Sims, ext. To the launcher.. To add your store content and or custom content back to game just copy it from your old folder and paste it in the new one under downloads folder. Check the downloads on your launcher they may be already there and ready to install.If so just go download and check all that you want to install. I would suggest that you do a small amount at a time and check then to make sure you can still upload your lots from the game to the launcher, and then proceed on... All I can tell you on the cause is that it is just a glitched that we are going to have to work around..
    Another thought on the matter:
    IF you don't want to do this, then don't use custom content from the store or here when sharing your lot!
    If using the exchange items that you actually purchase from EA....you can use. Can't even decorate with the stuff on here...it could be a pattern...object, anything for those of us who have the glitch.
    This is very frustrating indeed. I am wondering if all of the "problems" I am encountering is a way of being told, I shouldn't even bother trying to share my lots on here or the exchange. Just download other peoples work. I am still learning gimp and another photo software to make custom paintings, but I am so frustrated and annoyed that at every turn there is an issue. I'm about to give up all together. It takes me sometimes three days to build a lot and decorate it. That's working on for about 10 to 12 hours straight. I have upgraded several homes that are premade in game and worried that I won't be able to share them now....and they're really cool looking too.
    aww (big sigh)Back to the drawing board...Thinking about changing my motto.

To be better....to be more....make it count!
    Report #3 Degera
    Facebook & Submission Support
    2,646 posts
    LocationNorth Carolina
    Posted 09 May 2016 - 02:08 AM
    So this might seem like a silly question, but If you already exported the lot once, why do you need to do it again? Did you make changes to the build?Exporting a lot with custom content won't cause that error. I should know, I do it all the time. Chances are the save file for that particular town where the lot was built has somehow become corrupt - this is common with Sims 3, especially if you save to the same file over and over instead of using the Save As option every time.
    As for the advice from EA, what they are telling you to do is create a vanilla game, one with no custom content or mods, and then add back in the content you want to use. I would advise the same. In fact, I currently have seven Sims 3 folders, each one for different purposes. One for building with custom content, one for playing, one for testing, etc. I just change the file name to swap between them depending on what I want to do. (You don't need to move the file to your desktop, that's an unnecessary step. Just change the name of The Sims 3 file inside the Electronic Arts folder.)
    So here's what I would do in your situation - go to your Documents\Electronic Arts\ folder. Right click on The Sims 3 folder and choose rename. Start the game. It will build a new Sims 3 folder with no CC, what we call a vanilla game. Close the game. Install your lot, whichever version is closest to the finished product you want. Install the custom content you want to use in this lot. Start the game, pick a neighborhood (I prefer Sunset Valley). Go into Edit Town mode, find your lot in the bin. Place it and then make any changes, use the CC, etc. Got it how you want it? Now export it.To get your old game back, simply rename the new Sims 3 folder to something else, and re-rename the old folder back to The Sims 3.
    Second Option:
    November 2013
    BreeMiles wrote:
    I have Figured it out yay.. This worked for me, Save your lot to your library, then back out of your game all the way back to the launcher. Go to installed content an click an let them load, right beside select all or select none, there is a box that says (run without custom content), check that box. A warning will come up read it clearly.. Then click ok, and go into your game. don't open the lot you want to share, just click where you have it saved in your library, and now click share, and it should work. Now just back back out of your game DO NOT SAVE when it ask... Now it should be in your launcher. Now Uncheck that box before you go back into your game, and everything should work fine. It has to be reading something of EA's as CC, because I don't use CC in my builds. As I said this just worked for me. I hope it works for you all also..I'm headed now to see if it will upload to the exchange. I will let you know if that part works also...

• MsRedMsRed Posts: 117 Member
    BreeMiles wrote: »
    So I run into the dreadful Failed To Share Again today!! Here was the pesky item that was causing all the fuss!!

[img]http://i2.minus.com/jDSfgcStYrYGN_e.jpg "width=600"[/img]

I only removed this item and it then shared without a hitch!

So Be WARNED If you use this Item you may get the dreadful FAILED TO SHARE!!

Too bad you used a picture (which is now deleted). If I knew the file's name it might have helped me... :(

I used your other trick (exporting while running with to custom content) and it worked!, but my idea is exactly to use (cheaper) custom content for better starter homes, so exporting the homes with no CC defeats the purpose.
    The Sims 3 Store: ♢ My Page | ♢ My Wishlist | ♢ YouTube Channel | ♢ My Top 5
    Hi @MsRed, sorry the picture has been deleted! The site it was on went down! Here is the vase I was talking about, this pictures has a green vase but the cc vase that was causing my problem, is black, best I can remember! I hope this helps you dear!
    jtvpOtK.png
  • MsRedMsRed Posts: 117 Member
    BreeMiles wrote: »
    Hi @MsRed, sorry the picture has been deleted! The site it was on went down! Here is the vase I was talking about, this pictures has a green vase but the cc vase that was causing my problem, is black, best I can remember! I hope this helps you dear!
    Wow, thanks! I'll have to look for that in my game.
    I just went on a major decor shopping spree, this could be one of my not-so-welcomed purchases... ;-)

The Sims 3 Store: ♢ My Page | ♢ My Wishlist | ♢ YouTube Channel | ♢ My Top 5
  • seasseas Posts: 37 Member
    My launcher said my lot was shared but it does not show up in my studio. The first time I tried to load I went back and the icon saying loaded was gone so I tried again and it said loaded but still not showing ..need to check it today and see.