Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your Sims 3 Base Game is not compatible with the current Sims 3 Expansion Pack.

13...Next

Comments

• SaMMIE1028SaMMIE1028 Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    Alrighty... So, I've been having this issue, as well, but Mine has had a slight twist. Every time I open the launcher, I get a Window's message that says "The Sims3 Launcher Is Not Responding" and it closes the window on me. I am occasionally able to bypass that, but it's usually after 20 tries of using it. As of right now, all I had to do was open up the General Sims 3 Launcher (the original icon for the base game) and it is currently letting me update my base game. I had this issue before, and that seemed to work, but I'm not completely sure... It's definitely worth a try!
  • IoNeN98IoNeN98 Posts: 3
    edited March 2014
    I thought I would just tell you that I experienced this problem too and that I just uninstalled every expansion pack, stuff pack and the base game. Then I installed the base game and I fully updated it. In the right order, I installed the first pack that I own, then updated it and installed the next pack to come out and updated it. I did that with every pack that I own (in the right order!). Now it all works just fine. I hope this will help you!
  • kiana11kiana11 Posts: 2
    edited March 2014
    :cry:
    hayward10 wrote:
    So upset.
    I have the sims 3 BASE GAME and I decided to buy an ep (Late Night) and am trying to install it. I waited an hour for the update, now it won't let me play as the games aren't up to date. I checked on the launcher and there's no more updates to do. (I'm using an PC) Please help :cry:
  • kiana11kiana11 Posts: 2
    edited March 2014
    my games says 'your sims 3 base game is incompatible with the current sims 3 expansion pack please update your game via the game launch but I cannot because it dosent load and I do not have the file you guys were talking about PLEASE PLEASE HELP I would die if I couldn't play sims anymore :cry:
  • PixelatedPastelsPixelatedPastels Posts: 1
    edited May 2014
    I hate to add on more problems to this problem, but I have a question that kinda connects to this, if I uninstall my games, will I still have my families? (Can you still keep your families with a sims 3 account) (Now that I think about it, this has nothing to do with the problem xD)
  • lollagelozzylollagelozzy Posts: 2
    edited June 2014
    i have the same problem but mine is weirder. I HAVE NO EXPANSION PACKS! helpme. i played sims for about 2weeks then one day, bam. it kept freezing. uninstalled and reinstalled it several times but it just won't work because now I get this error message about BAse game incompatibility AND EVERY time inupdate it nothing happens!. MUST PLAY SIMS. HELP PEOPLE.
  • JSchell19JSchell19 Posts: 1
    edited June 2014
    I am now having this issue. Did you all ever get it figured out?! I'm so upset. :\
  • narrativiumnarrativium Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
    I am also getting this message. I've uninstalled the EP and SP I had (Late Night and Loft) but still getting it even when I try to open the base game. Seems like even though I downloaded the game only last night, I've been given an old version, but the update doesn't work at all - just freezes. I want to try uninstalling and reinstalling but it seems uninstalling the games deletes them as well, and I used up basically all my data allowance for this month on downloading the game in the first place, so I can't do it again. So frustrating.