Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Be careful what you wish for!

Be careful what you wish for and complain about. That apparently needs to be the motto of simmers!

Simmers complained about rabbit holes. EA's solution is to remove all buildings completely. Sims now go off screen to school and work. They remove rabbit hole stores and replace them with nothing. Groceries will most likely be sold via the fridge.

Simmers complain about lack of stuff for toddlers. EA's solution is to remove them completely.

Simmers complained about pools being boring. EA's solution is to remove them completely.

Simmers complained about storing progression. EA's solution is to remove to remove it completely and only allow for rotational style game play.

The list could go on and on.

EA apparently doesn't understand that we complain about thing because we want them to be better not have them be taken away completely. How they can remove so much from the sims 4 and not add anything to make up for it is beyond me. They say they are building a strong foundation in the sims 4 base game. How can a foundation be made if there isn't anything to support the foundation?

Comments

• 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited July 2014
    :lol::lol: I remember warning people about what would happen :lol::lol:
    EA has a difficult time improving anything. They take a perfectly good game and in a few years turn into a shiny pile of c.rap :lol:
  • smoogiesmoogie Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited July 2014
    People where asking for bunkbeds for years and when we got them our kids where to scared to sleep on them because of monsters under the bed...

:shock:
    edited July 2014
    smoogie wrote:
    People where asking for bunkbeds for years and when we got them our kids where to scared to sleep on them because of monsters under the bed...

You just gave the perfect example of EA's game plan :lol:
  • MoonbarkerMoonbarker Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited July 2014
    To EA: DON'T REMOVE, IMPROVE!
  • TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited July 2014
    LOVE monsters under the bed! The trick is to get them to check someone else's bed not their own.

I think we all wished for improvements on what we believed were good ideas and first tries.
  • smoogiesmoogie Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited July 2014
    06Bon06 wrote:
    smoogie wrote:

I just let the kids get on with it if they are scared of monsters under the bed. If no they sleep in the garden
    edited July 2014
    smoogie wrote:
    06Bon06 wrote:
    smoogie wrote:

I just let the kids get on with it if they are scared of monsters under the bed. If no they sleep in the garden

My sims need to get on with the baby making :lol::lol: I'm just so bust creating nice community lots :lol:
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2014
    When some of us complained about the rabbitholes - we actually DID want them gone. That makes me VERY Happy.

Just about every one had some gripe at EA story progression even though I made it work for me - as the majority of Simmers that posted on these forum liked how Twallan took another modders SP over and made a better SP. I am sure they debated that - but had they made it anywhere near where simmers wanted it - it would have surely been too close to what Twallan did and of course then we'd be seeing posts where EA stole Twallans work - so I don't blame them for removing sp period. Beside there was a lot of simmers that loved micromanaging the hoods in Sims 2 - so they were not happy with any sp because Sims 3 did not allow the kind of multi house play Sims 2 allowed because even with out SP period you did not have the same kind of control on the townies due to the AI programming that those simmers could not work around even with no SP. So controversy should have been averted with no SP on EA's part. At least no one can accuse them of using Twallans idea of SP.

Pools do not bother me - either way - but I have to admit there have been pools since sims started so I am sort of interested as to why they decided not to at least include a community pool - unless they did and have just not told us or showed us that district. Seeing we have only actually seen what looks like maybe 3 of the districts - we have not seen the other two or the whole park district (the 6th district) either.

Have no voice at all on the toddler being eliminated but did probably have something to do with all the begging and pleading for toddler stuff and interactions with them to be more Sims 2 style.

Cast I am pretty sure was never planned - as I said before every series has had a different CAS and a different build mode. So the fact it was part of Sims 3 - I never believed it would be in Sims 4. That was a selling point for Sims 3 - like the first thing we heard about so I was even more sure as all the workings for CAS and build mode is generally the first stuff put into the game so it carries over to all eps and sps.

While toddlers and pools can be added later - things like sp and CASt cannot. It'd be like twallan mods needing constant updating everytime the game was updated, eps , etc came out. It just could not happen easy at all. To add those the right way to the game they'd need to go back to the very base programming on the game engine before they did anything.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• leyna75leyna75 Posts: 127 Member
    edited July 2014

Lol Smoogie- My kids would sometimes just auto check under their beds...It threw mom and dad's "date night" off when the kids are trying to get in bed with their parents.....

More seriously though, I think Ea is betting that the pre- orders and the fanatics outweigh the rebels...I think the conversation goes like this

EA Dev...Um we have a problem...it seems the fans know we are shamming them and it is causing a ruckus... a big one sir...
    COO- No problem just ride it out. We've seen this before...well you was a lil tyke...the people will buy no matter what because we have our name and that is just as good as money for those who just want to play....

EA Dev... but sir, we recovered financially, not a 100 percent but enough. But sir, you can also say the people won as well. TS2 was drastically better in graphics and performance, and gameplay than TS1. So it can be argued that the people accomplished a better situation for tghemselves...

COO- (clasping hands together)....yes, I will give them that but we are talking about people,,,,who forget the fight....people who are impatient and will settle for less. Because they forgot the fight, we were able to slowly start overcharging them for 🐸🐸🐸🐸 again. I mean, our stock went down, but it came back up again. We gave them that battle... but who is winning the war. We are a gaming company. As long as we nickel and dime them and hustle them which they willing allow us to....why should we stop? And one more thing, it really does not matter. The big review report will be released Sept 5 after everyone has bought their copies so who care if the game is good or bad....we made our money. Who cares what the people think when we have the money. Some people will love it while others will hate it...don't matter cause we're PAID! Now the next decision, should we give them toddlers for free and charge for a pool EP or vice versa.....lol who cares, they will pay either way. It's BUSINESS! (Walks away laughing....) :P

Edit-grammer. Hitting the keys to quickly.
  • IcySlashIcySlash Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited July 2014
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    When some of us complained about the rabbitholes - we actually DID want them gone. That makes me VERY Happy.

NO. That's not how exactly i wanted Rabbitholes gone and i'm not sure why you keep saying 'we' as if you weren't paying attention to what the big majority of the playerbase here is complaining about. The thing is that i wanted Rabbitholes gone, yes, but not in the exact same manner as they did.

Places like Schools, Work Places, etc (which were Rabbitholes in TS3) should be fully open places in my opinion. This is why 'we' were complaining about Rabbitholes in the first place. Now that they are 'offscreen' what are the chances we'll ever see these places open? this mechanic was in my favorite Sims game which was around 10 years ago and we're in 2014 so it's inexcusable.
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited July 2014
    LauriApp wrote:
    Be care what you wish for and complain about. That apparently needs to be the motto of simmers!

Simmers complained about rabbit holes. EA's solution is to remove all buildings completely. Sims now go off screen to school and work. They remove rabbit hole stores and replace them with nothing. Groceries will most likely be sold via the fridge.

Simmers complain about lack of stuff for toddlers. EA's solution is to remove them completely.

Simmers complained about pools being boring. EA's solution is to remove them completely.

Simmers complained about storing progression. EA's solution is to remove to remove it completely and only allow for rotational style game play.

The list could go on and on.

EA apparently doesn't understand that we complain about thing because we want them to be better not have them be taken away completely. How they can remove so much from the sims 4 and not add anything to make up for it is beyond me. They say they are building a strong foundation in the sims 4 base game. How can a foundation be made if there isn't anything to support the foundation?

LauriApp,

I think part of the problem is that a lot of people seem to fail to understand that EA couldn't give us everything we wanted in the base game even if they wanted to. The other is things like time constraints prevented them from including a lot of things that they might otherwise have included like Toddlers and pools.

As for the rabbit holes, they're only really necessary for large open worlds like the ones in the Sims 3, and the Sims 4 simply won't include those, so there was no point in them including rabbit holes at all. I personally like the way they've set up carries to work in the Sims 4 much better actually. If and when we're able to create Custom worlds, I don't want to have to worry about using any of the small number of lots available per map for rabbit hole buildings. Also in the Sims 3, most of the rabbit holes are either too big or too small, and many of them really don't fit with certain themes. In fact its often hard to find want that fits whatever theme you want you're world to have.
  • carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    edited July 2014
    some people tried to play sims 3 that were not good enough so EA got the idea to take things out to let lower specs computers work for the sims 4 that is reality so really some can only blame themselves
  • pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited July 2014
    some people tried to play sims 3 that were not good enough so EA got the idea to take things out to let lower specs computers work for the sims 4 that is reality so really some can only blame themselves

If they don't, I can take the burden and blame them.

SHAME ON YOU!
  • 3PupDLS3PupDLS Posts: 882 Member
    edited July 2014
    Damienf519 wrote:

LauriApp,

I think part of the problem is that a lot of people seem to fail to understand that EA couldn't give us everything we wanted in the base game even if they wanted to. The other is things like time constraints prevented them from including a lot of things that they might otherwise have included like Toddlers and pools.

As for the rabbit holes, they're only really necessary for large open worlds like the ones in the Sims 3, and the Sims 4 simply won't include those, so there was no point in them including rabbit holes at all. I personally like the way they've set up carries to work in the Sims 4 much better actually. If and when we're able to create Custom worlds, I don't want to have to worry about using any of the small number of lots available per map for rabbit hole buildings. Also in the Sims 3, most of the rabbit holes are either too big or too small, and many of them really don't fit with certain themes. In fact its often hard to find want that fits whatever theme you want you're world to have.

I think people know they can't put everything in the base game, though I know there are some simmers who expect weather and stuff. I think most people expect the major staples to be in the base game, like toddlers, pools, cars, and shops ( be it rabbit hole or stores.) Part of the problem is we keep hearing what is not in the game but they won't tell us anything else that is in the game.

I understand they are under time constraints but that doesn't give them the excuse to sell us a shoddy, empty product that has removed far more then they have added. If they wouldn't of wasted their time with all the online stuff, we could of had some of these features. How much time was spent of the gallery, a feature most simmers will prolly not use because it won't filter CC. The time used for that could have been spent adding the things they had stated were in the game, then de confirmed. The gallery is something that they could have added later.

As for the rabbit holes, that doesn't bother me as much, though I liked to see where my sim has worked. I agree with the small worlds and wanting the space for residential lots. I am more upset that the removal of them is also removing stores for our sims to shop in, even if we couldn't see them.
  • carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    edited July 2014
    lol you know what i mean i have never had any issues with sims 3 at all on any of my computers mods cc and all but some people whined that ea broke this and that or caused their computer to blue screen/reboot etc and it was more then likley their specs not being good enough hence why ea has reduced everything to cater for those type of computers which sucks

computers are like cars the cheaper they are the more crap they are :-)
  • InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited July 2014
    I feel my wishes were completely ignored, just saying.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    edited July 2014
    Sounds like that "Corrupt a Wish" game we like so much :lol:

Actually, that's not funny. That's just sad.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited July 2014
    Alnairan wrote:

The corrupt wish game was funny , this however is not. :x
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited July 2014
    Alnairan wrote:

The Sims 4, actually, is not a life simulator. It's a "Corrupt A Wish" game!

It excels at that!

Perfect!

It corrupts ALL of our wishes!
  • 3PupDLS3PupDLS Posts: 882 Member
    edited July 2014
    Corrupt wish should be there new marketing phrase. Seriously, I feel like I am stuck in a horrible nightmare that I am not waking up to. It's just sad what this game has become.

@ writin reg, I think a lot of complaining about the rabbit holes was because people wanted the stores and restaurants open. For work places I think everyone was mixed. Some wanted all open and some wanted them closed or off lot. I prefer a mix. I like some open careers but I also want some closed so I can send a sim to work and focus on other sims. Some of the things I listed don't bother me really either, except for toddlers. The point that bothers me is that instead of improving upon thing they are just being taken out of the game. Yes some stuff can be added but that doesn't mean they will be.

@leyana, I agree they are betting on sims fans blindly buying the game. I believe they had made a comment to that effect when they announced they were releasing the game in the fall so they could focus on titanfall or whatever the game in March was.
  • Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    edited July 2014

[/quote]

They gave us all these things in the sims 3 base game. Why couldn't they have added them in the sims 4. I'm not talking about weather and pets. Most people that have played the sims know these always come in an EP. But they gave us pools and toddlers and open worlds in the sims 3. Why couldn't they have just improved on these things and put them back into the game?
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • IvinoraIvinora Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited July 2014
    I was one of the poor saps wishing "our sims would look abit less like an empty shell"
    Guess it got granted with "emotions", though now it suddenly looks to over the top to me XD i get the feeling they cranked it open to 10 while all i personally would have loved to see was like a 6 or 7 while sims only had a 3 ;P

Seeying what for me personally has to be given up (cast/open world) I'm suddenly far from intrested anymore lol

but yeah i'll never wish for something again T3T lol
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited July 2014
    pguida wrote:
    Alnairan wrote:

The Sims 4, actually, is not a life simulator. It's a "Corrupt A Wish" game!

It excels at that!

Perfect!

It corrupts ALL of our wishes!
    OMG maybe we gave them the idea. :shock: Maybe that what they meant when they said "we are listening to you"
  • AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited July 2014
    At this point EA doing these things are based on what fans wanted this is clearly to do with no time to produce a game under strenuous time constrants. That occurred from trying to salvage sims olympus.
  • barracuda1574barracuda1574 Posts: 115 Member
    edited July 2014
    Writin_Reg wrote:

Just about every one had some gripe at EA story progression even though I made it work for me - ... Beside there was a lot of simmers that loved micromanaging the hoods in Sims 2 - so they were not happy with any sp because Sims 3 did not allow the kind of multi house play Sims 2 allowed...

This is my take on things 100%. I never liked the rabbit holes. I still play TS2 predominantly because of these points. I am hoping that Sims 4 will bring back all that was awesome about TS2 with some updated graphics and such.