Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Barcelona (WIP) - Beta uploaded! - New update (1/07/14)

Comments

• DaethaqtDaethaqt Posts: 760 Member
    edited March 2014
    Peek-A-Boo..... Looks good.
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited March 2014
    It's looking great, Nilxis!

And just FYI, I discovered that photographs taken in other worlds always show up as corrupt in Custard. There's nothing wrong with them, but I pretty much stopped using them just because Custard can't properly identify them.

I heard that as long as the pictures are taken in the same world you build in, then they don't show as corrupt but I have not personally tried that.

I haven't had a chance to test the beta - have you received any feedback on it? I'm looking forward to the next update when you get time to do it. :-)
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • NilxisNilxis Posts: 596 Member
    edited June 2014
    Sorry for the absence during these 2 months, but today I return with a new update :) I've finished my exams and now I'm working again on BCN, which is my main priority. I'm about to finish St. Martí area, more or less I think the world is finished in a 75%. Here are some pictures:

Screenshot-11.jpg
    Aerial view

Screenshot-10.jpg

Screenshot-12.jpg

Screenshot-20.jpg
    Public school

Screenshot-23.jpg

Screenshot-1.jpg

Screenshot-2.jpg

Screenshot-3.jpg
    "Spaceship" Dance Club

Screenshot-15.jpg

Screenshot-19.jpg

Screenshot-21.jpg
    Residential buildings

I hope you like it, more updates soon!
  • sharonxyzsharonxyz Posts: 811 Member
    edited June 2014
    Wow, this world looks so beautiful!

I seem to have caught you in the middle of updating, so I shall attempt patience for the beta LOL.

I REALLY appreciate how you make one large package of cc for the mod folder to go with each world, your worlds are so unique and special I would not want to miss one!!

I hope the beta has the cc packaged already? I've never caught played one of your world's in beta, so was not sure. I just find your approach sensible and helpful to those of us keeping our games cc-free.

Thank you, Nilxis, for a new lovely world!
  • DijanaMenatasDijanaMenatas Posts: 624 Member
    edited June 2014
    Yay an update! Im so glad

It all looks so lovely as usual, I really like the image over the water looking on the beach. My sims would love to go sailing along there.
    edited June 2014
    Thank you, I'm glad you both like it :D

Sharon, I don't mind CC in worlds but I've always thought it was very confusing to have to download each file myself, that's why I group them in one package :)
    The beta I released back in February included the cc packaged, I will probably release another beta soon so I will have to create a new file that includes the new cc I've been using :wink:
    edited June 2014
    Thank you for the response, Nilxis, you are very talented! I must have either missed the link for the previous beta and it is right under my nose some place or has been taken down in order to update?

I checked your own site too, found the Barcelona pics and can even translate :) but I did not see a download link or did not translate that link correctly.

At any rate, I'll keep an eye out for the Barcelona beta. :D
    edited June 2014
    This is the link of the beta: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B75ulAT3B4U6VFBSUmxuX3dQelk/edit

If you test it and find some errors, please tell me! :wink:
  • juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited June 2014
    sorry DP
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
    edited June 2014
    Beautifull update Nilxis, so glad to see you working again in BCN, hope your exams have gone quite well for you, Good Luck!
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

edited June 2014
    Thanks Junceda, my exams went very well :D
    Here's a new update for you:

The St. Martí area is officially finished, this means that the urban part of the world is practically done. I just have to create the areas surrounding the city: mountains, beaches, highways, continue the river, the airport and some new lots. I've started to build one of the most famous and unique places in Barcelona, Park Güell, a work of Antoni Gaudí. It will be a very big park with 3 or 4 lots inside of it. Here are some pictures of the new things:

Pictures:
    Screenshot-30.jpg

Screenshot-31.jpg

Screenshot-34.jpg

Screenshot-48.jpg
    Various pictures of the city. As you can see I've added traffic lights and signs. I still have to add streetlamps. (The LN buildings in the last picture are decorative)

Screenshot-35.jpg

Screenshot-36.jpg

Screenshot-38.jpg
    Entrance to Park Güell

Screenshot-39.jpg

Screenshot-40.jpg
    Balconies

Screenshot-41.jpg

Screenshot-42.jpg

Screenshot-43.jpg

59721749.jpg
    Real picture :)

Screenshot-44.jpg
    Supermarket

Screenshot-45.jpg

Screenshot-46.jpg

Screenshot-47.jpg
    Bar-Karaoke

I hope you like it!
  • niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited June 2014
    It's like Christmas! :D
    I can't wait to have the full version!
  • Illyianna2005Illyianna2005 Posts: 895 Member
    edited June 2014
    I can't wait to try out this World been following this thread for a long time. :-)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited June 2014
    I can't wait to finish it so you can try it out guys :mrgreen:
    edited June 2014
    The world it's getting closer to its completion :D The lots are almost finished, I have to finish the terrain, furnish some apartments, create sims and test the world, so I hope to be able to upload a Beta soon, so you can help me with the sims and the apartments if you want :mrgreen: During this week I've finished Park Güell, I've created new lightning for the world (a combination of Brighter Realm by brntwaffles and Lightning Tweaks by Gelina plus some extra modifications and I've placed streetlamps like a maniac, so you can see how the world now looks at night. I'm very satisfied with the result, I hope you like it too:

Screenshot-81.jpg

Screenshot-82.jpg

Screenshot-85.jpg
    Aerial views of the city and Park Güell

Screenshot-99.jpg

Screenshot-104.jpg

Screenshot-90.jpg

Screenshot-91.jpg

Screenshot-86.jpg
    Restaurant (Bistro) in Park Güell

Screenshot-97.jpg
    Dog park

Screenshot-100.jpg

Screenshot-101.jpg
    Youth Hostel, works as a Base Camp (Now the Hotel W is an IP resort)

Screenshot-105.jpg
    Terrace with amazing views :)

Screenshot-109.jpg

Screenshot-114.jpg

Screenshot-115.jpg

Screenshot-70.jpg

Screenshot-119.jpg
    Finally some night pics of the city. I've edited the horizon color of the night's sky so it looks like there's light pollution in the city :)

More soon!!
  • dubitatifdubitatif Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Absolutely fantastic ! Waiting with great impatience for this fabulous remake of Barcelona and ... moltes graces per aquest meravellos treball !
  • Zach_BundyZach_Bundy Posts: 1,297 Member
    edited July 2014
    This is all genius! IMO I think this is the best city replica ever made for the sims 3.
  • niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited July 2014
    My jaw is dropped! I... just... WOW! I want this in my game NOW! :thumbup:
  • 17mars17mars Posts: 263 Member
    edited July 2014
    It's exquisite! Each of your worlds is even better than the last and they are all wonderful!
    edited July 2014
    Gorgeous, absolutely beautiful!!!! :D
    edited July 2014
    Thank you so much for your lovely comments :D
    dubitatif wrote:
    moltes graces per aquest meravellos treball !
    De res, gràcies a tu per passar per aquí i deixar-me un comentari en català :mrgreen:
    edited July 2014
    This world of yours is just FANTASTIC!!!
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

• smoogiesmoogie Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited July 2014
    Seen this one The Sims 4 area (that place is getting really heated lol) and have to say this is one mighty fine world!

Happy Simming :mrgreen:

Peace
  • Nilxis27Nilxis27 Posts: 20 Member
    edited August 2014
    Hi! Thanks for your comments :)
    Here's a new update:

I've sculpted the "Serra de Collserola", the little mountain range located behind the city, and I've placed some lots, deco and trees there. Here are some pictures:

Screenshot-129.jpg

Screenshot-138.jpg

Screenshot-144.jpg

Screenshot-142.jpg
    Views of the city and the mountains

Screenshot-140.jpg

Screenshot-143.jpg
    Aerial pics

Screenshot-150.jpg
    Collserola Tower

Screenshot-134.jpg

Screenshot-137.jpg
    Tibidabo amusement park and Sagrat Cor Temple

Screenshot-136.jpg
    I managed to build a rollercoaster despite I almost had no space for it. And I'm very pleased with the result :D:

Screenshot-145.jpg

Screenshot-147.jpg

Screenshot-148.jpg
    Some houses in the mountain. They have been created by  Gabrymato and JarkaD, to whom I say thanks for letting me place them in my world

Hope you like it! ;)

PS: I don't know what's happening but I can't log in into my normal account... I had this other one so I'll be using this one. (Yes I'm the same person :#)
    If I can't log in into my normal account no longer, I'll create a new thread because now I can't edit my older posts :(
  • DijanaMenatasDijanaMenatas Posts: 624 Member
    It looks fantastic! I can't wait for this world, I finally got back into sims with Isla Escudo but the no roads cuts a few things out of the game. I just hope once this world is done I can run it, I remember when I had the old beta installed it took a long time for things to load past being white textureless shapes (although I've set up a fresh folder since then with far less CC, maybe it'll go better). I remember the big park..that I forget the name of...was my favourite place in the world, it's so amazingly beautiful.

How much longer do you think it is now :)? I get impatient but of course I know it's finished when it's finished.