Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ONLINE DATING not in the Sims 4- confirmed

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited July 2014
    leyna75 wrote:
    YES!!!
    http://simnotsoguru.tumblr.com/post/88492093466/online-dating-i
    s-back-in-the-sims-4-how-many-of

Check this out~

Apparently it was confirmed at one time....

If they confirmed online dating :roll: DO these people even know what they are doing?

Who is the marketing team :? I swear I'd do a better job :/
  • Options
    leyna75leyna75 Posts: 127 Member
    edited July 2014
    At this point, I am just waiting...I don't believe anything they say. That is just false advertising...anyway you put it.
  • Options
    TrondrianTrondrian Posts: 19 Member
    edited July 2014
    Are sims comfirm to be in the game lol
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited July 2014
    Trondrian wrote:

That is a good question. No clue to be honest.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Trondrian wrote:

We should probably ask them :lol:
    "We have take the liberty of removing pesky sims form the game, no longer do you have to worry about boring need or having fun. Enjoy the Sims 4 emotions without the annoying sims" emotions sold separately :lol::lol:
  • Options
    GrapefruitdreamsGrapefruitdreams Posts: 59 Member
    edited July 2014
    Bet you the wrestler mask guys exist though. Can anyone tell me why they even wasted one second on those people? I can't imagine anyone would like them. Then again... "Weirder Stories"
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited July 2014
    Lame. Who even sends love letters? :roll:
  • Options
    goddess0676smgoddess0676sm Posts: 3,330 Member
    edited July 2014
    leyna75 wrote:
    YES!!!

Check this out~

I think this is just someone's blog, not a guru. I think the blogger assumed online dating from the E3 picture. It's dated June 11th. I would assume that the love letters are accurate and not have an expectation for a full online dating experience.
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited July 2014
    06Bon06 wrote:
    If they confirmed online dating :roll: DO these people even know what they are doing?

Who is the marketing team :? I swear I'd do a better job :/

Our sole experience could be reading "Marketing For Dummies," and we'd still do a better job! :twisted:
  • Options
    LovenVincentLovenVincent Posts: 1,222 Member
    edited July 2014
    leyna75 wrote:
    YES!!!

Check this out~

I think this is just someone's blog, not a guru. I think the blogger assumed online dating from the E3 picture. It's dated June 11th. I would assume that the love letters are accurate and not have an expectation for a full online dating experience.

this is very much likely the case. :lol: *just laughs*
    0sig_YunaTidus_animated.gif

Origin: Damian_Nyx
  • Options
    simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    edited July 2014
    There are two threads with opposing messages (that's pretty normal in here these days) but if online dating is not in the game, shouldn't the other thread be locked or something? Just wondering.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    There are two threads with opposing messages (that's pretty normal in here these days) but if online dating is not in the game, shouldn't the other thread be locked or something? Just wondering.
    I actually started this thread to correct that one, since I found the title misleading after the guru said it is not in-game
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited July 2014
    This is a really good example of EA's often deceptive marketing. Most people reasonably expect "online romance" to mean some kind of online dating service, rather than emailing.

Just, "Caveat Lector" (let the reader beware) when it comes to every single word from EA.

Remember the karate pose from the Sims 2 cover, or the Eiffel Tower on the cover of Sims 3 World Adventures? Plus the literally gazillion other examples? This tiger doesn't change its stripes. Nothing has changed.
  • Options
    samuel695samuel695 Posts: 221 Member
    edited July 2014
    AbJo129 wrote:
    Keep 'em coming!

Helpful tip: it may be easier to list what you actually are keeping in the game. Knock yourself out:

1. Emotions

THIS
  • Options
    yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited July 2014
    Trondrian wrote:

That is a good question. No clue to be honest.
    This has to be the BEST question on the forums to date IMO..... :lol:
  • Options
    azureflame2azureflame2 Posts: 105 Member
    edited July 2014
    Trondrian wrote:

I think I saw a picture of one in front of a tram, but it could have been photoshopped.
  • Options
    phineas1920phineas1920 Posts: 935 Member
    edited July 2014
    Trondrian wrote:

I think I saw a picture of one in front of a tram, but it could have been photoshopped.

Prob just decor that can't be interacted with, just like the tram. :wink:
    5fhzzo.jpg
  • Options
    SumoBSumoB Posts: 1,217 Member
    edited July 2014
    Love e-mails? Defaq are love e-mails? Are they just e-mails... written with love? Will it be just like the evil showers in the sims 3? Regular showers... just evil? :hunf: Like, will the animation differ or anything like that, or will we just get pop-ups?
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited July 2014
    Lame. Who even sends love letters? :roll:

Awwww, I sent love letters to my hubby when he was away in the military. :oops: :P

But, really, again I'm not surprised. In TS3 online dating was an example of a decent idea that was poorly implemented. And rather than improve it, they simply removed it.

Love emails, though? That's... well, cute but lackluster. When they put "online romance" on that image in big letters, they made it sound like there was an actual online dating system where you could have your sim meet new sims and all. Kinda misleading, but what's new?
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    edited July 2014
    maybe it will be added in a ep like sims 3 did
  • Options
    delonarieldelonariel Posts: 615 New Member
    edited July 2014
    slamonda wrote:

It's funny. In TS3 they threw in a heap of things just sort of hoping they'd work ( vampire induced mass vomiting, online dating, the fidelity reputation, fame system,) and in TS4 it's as if they're thinking if we don't put anything in, nothing can go wrong!" :shock:
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    delonariel wrote:
    slamonda wrote:

It's funny. In TS3 they threw in a heap of things just sort of hoping they'd work ( vampire induced mass vomiting, online dating, the fidelity reputation, fame system,) and in TS4 it's as if they're thinking if we don't put anything in, nothing can go wrong!" :shock:

They might as well remove everything, with EA's bugs that appear everywhere :lol::lol:

Seriously, they can just improve on everything. Apparently, they don't understand what a successor is and what is expected from it. :roll:
  • Options
    Lilia1971Lilia1971 Posts: 391 Member
    edited July 2014
    Why are some people so sure that all these things are going to be added in EP's or patches? It has never been stated by the gurus that anything left out will be added later. Even if it was 'things change'.
    People are left hoping for pools, toddlers, online dating, SP, CAST, ghosts, usable cars. Someone said he thought the trams and steam boats would be opened up in an EP??? Really!!! I personally feel this game is nowhere near complete as a base game even and should be scrapped and they should start from scratch on a proper sequel. This it's a new game doesn't wash with me. It's advertised as a sequel.
  • Options
    Simmer999Simmer999 Posts: 863 Member
    edited July 2014
    AbJo129 wrote:
    Keep 'em coming!

Helpful tip: it may be easier to list what you actually are keeping in the game. Knock yourself out:

1. Emotions

2. Tactile-ness
    3. Intuitive-ness

Next, SimGuru's take out emotions!