Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Petition to delay The Sims 4: 712 signatures and counting.

Comments

• SungFishySungFishy Posts: 455 Member
    edited July 2014
    Signed.
    They should have learned their mistakes from Simcity 2013.
    sorry EA, I'm sticking to Sims 2.
    Tech Support(inactive)
    QGuOHD4.gif?1
  • tea_and_bluestea_and_blues Posts: 889 Member
    edited July 2014
    Adding everyone who signed while I was asleep/working now.
  • JenzupJenzup Posts: 1,620 Member
    edited July 2014
    Thanks Tea and Blues for your hard work of counting all the signatures! Going through each and every last post to make sure they are actually signing, sorry if I've cluttered this thread but some people!
    :o They listened and gave us toddlers! Thanks Devs your work is appreciated.
    edited July 2014
    Wish I could sign this one again but I cannot.
    :cry:

"Edited because I forgot to add my emoticon"
    edited July 2014
    Don't worry about it, Jenzup. I'm guessing given the support for Night Swimmer's petition that the people not wanting a delay are in quite a small minority. Let's not panic. Perhaps there will be no delay, and the base game will suffer for it, but... ...it's a mess of EA's making and there's little we can do to change it beyond what we're doing. Let's just Zen out and accept the things we cannot change, while not giving up entirely on the things we might be able to. :)
    edited July 2014
    Just found this interesting info in another thread people might just want to be aware of, I'm quoting from Anavastia
    [/quote]
    Some years ago it was leaked that EA trolls it's own forums to influence the thinking of some of their customers. Many times it's a marketing tactic to get some users to side with EA even when they're wrong. Then turn around and allow those users to bully the other players into silence that are standing up. It's hard to see how that's done but a lot times you can tell by the account when it only has one expansion of the game registered.

You see it happening in the forums today, i've had a guru bully me for speaking out at sims 3 when i first wrote on this forum about the problems with sims 3 and how half done the game seems in the expansions. Someones alt account came on to my thread and then seconds later it was deleted. She said she would report the thread to tell the dev's about it. It was odd, and she had a really nasty attitude with me, but i never posted anything that was against the rules. To this day i still believe that was a dev as i never found the account again and i never seen her post again ever in this forum.

I agree with the creator of this video. I've been speaking out about it, right now with many fans willing ot spend any amount and for any product it hurts the industry more than helps. You see a lot of fans still buying even though they dont like the game it's very odd. Yet it's true, it's a psychological game that EA players with it's playerbases across the board. Marketing for EA influences players to feel that they're special for liking or playing this game. It encourages an elitist attitude among their fanbases, that says i play this, i like this im better than you or im great myself. You ever notice how marketing hypes of the game. If you look at the new way they're marketing sims they're saying even weirder stories. Think about how that associates to the fans thinking. It's a way of saying your different you stand out if you play this game in a way ea feeds into the ego of players and this is why they're able to keep players buying without having to put quality into the game.

When players buy in large amounts you notice a lot of the emotion surrounding EA's game is anger, its an industry that is considered by all to the be the worst yet it's still a multibillion dollar company. The reason why is because humans are emotional shoppers. Ea learned this years ago if you can create emotion in your consumer your sales shoot through the roof. So EA creates scenarious of anger, fear, etc to boost sales. You can see it some players become so upset they cry and yet they still buy. Disappointment and anger, all that happens when we're buying and what EA does is feed hope into a base to take advantage of that emotion. Like now even thought toddler are not in the game people are upset what happened people still succomed to buying sims 4,even though they weren't happy. Why because they're upset EA sends out a guru to say have hope we'll add it in later, upset fans will buy and buy until they see the product they're hoping for. AGain all based on emotion.
    Edited to add the quote correctly still not happy with it
    edited July 2014
    Does anyone know how to add the blue to the text that has been cut and pasted?
    edited July 2014
    It should work if you put the text you want to quote in between BB code for quote.

So, without underscores, [_Q_U_O_T_E_]The text goes here.[_/_Q_U_O_T_E_] should produce:
    The text goes here.
    edited July 2014
    In the blue box I get it now thanks I'll have to try that again sometime getting to sleepy and tired to do it tonight good night.
  • Erich_RaederErich_Raeder Posts: 1,114 Member
    edited July 2014
    Bump
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited July 2014
    windweaver wrote:
    You've got an awlful lot of signatures. May I suggest that you keep a running total in the the subject line of this thread?

Like: Re:Petition to delay The Sims 4. (548 Signed)

Then each day update the headline?

I think it would have a greater impact then just the title.

Just saying.
    It is done.
    What is 'thretening' about a bart simpson gif?

Wow some people are really over the top about people having an opinion that is different to theirs.

I'm not getting sucked into an argument over whether the image was threatening or not, but so long as people can engage and share their opinions politely, without rudeness and shouting and bullying, then you're very welcome to voice your disagreement. Your comment, Msrednotdead, is a perfectly polite one that I have no problem with at all. I'm not reporting any comments simply because people disagree. That you are welcome to do. Take care. :)

Thank you tea! This is going well. I hope it gets noticed and acted upon, but if not, at least you know you gave it a good try!
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • JaideneJaidene Posts: 4 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Signed.
  • OilbasedoleanderOilbasedoleander Posts: 2,967 Member
    edited July 2014
    Two months until release. The time is sure flying by!

Giving support to this petition. :] :thumbup: :thumbup: Hope your new week is going well everyone. It will be fun to see how well it's doing when I get back from vacation!~
  • Graceey_72Graceey_72 Posts: 678 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I really want EA to delay the sims 4.
  • brookepaulkbrookepaulk Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Signed.
  • armykid94armykid94 Posts: 37
    edited July 2014
    Signed.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited July 2014
    Signed. But I'd much prefer a PROMISE for it to be included in a free patch asap. Then I wouldn't mind.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
    edited July 2014
    Added you all. :)
  • DaitenshiDaitenshi Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
    Signed.
  • NannyOggNannyOgg Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Signed
    edited July 2014
    Added you guys. Great name, NannyOgg! She's a great character.
  • Arietica_BessArietica_Bess Posts: 182 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Signed!
  • Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited July 2014
    Can't believe i haven't signed this yet :D

SIGNED! :mrgreen:
  • ivboy123ivboy123 Posts: 18
    edited July 2014
    Signed
  • MandelynMandelyn Posts: 4 New Member
    edited July 2014