Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PC Grandfather/Grandmother clock - CLOSED - 102 signatures

1234568...Next

Comments

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited June 2014
    Wouldn't this be nice to have in a set in a month or so from now?
  • Options
    60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    edited June 2014
    Karritz wrote:
    Wouldn't this be nice to have in a set in a month or so from now?

YES! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    dorseypjddorseypjd Posts: 155 Member
    edited June 2014
    Please sign me up.I thought i already signed this but i guess not.
  • Options
    SillyCaileySillyCailey Posts: 374 Member
    edited June 2014
    sign me up - this sound incredible :-)
  • Options
    60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    edited June 2014
    If I'm not mistaken, this means you've gotten 100 sigs, Karritz! :shock: Congrats and onto the next hundred. :thumbup: :mrgreen:

Edit:

Really hope this gets the clock out of the red folder. GO COPELAND, GO! GO COPELAND, GO!GO COPELAND, GO!WE'VE GOT YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    If I'm not mistaken, this means you've gotten 100 sigs, Karritz! :shock: Congrats and onto the next hundred. :thumbup: :mrgreen:

Edit:

Really hope this gets the clock out of the red folder. GO COPELAND, GO! GO COPELAND, GO!GO COPELAND, GO!WE'VE GOT YOUR BACK!

YES!!!!! :lol:
  • Options
    linna2009linna2009 Posts: 16 Member
    edited June 2014
    Is this thing still going!? If yes, add me please!! *--*
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited June 2014
    I reallllly hope Copeland gets to do this... for us AND himself! EA you fools, LISTEN to this man! I will buy pretty much anything he comes up with!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    linna2009 wrote:
    Is this thing still going!? If yes, add me please!! *--*

Thank you. :D

I think it will stay open until we get the clock. :lol:
  • Options
    kay1shelby2kay1shelby2 Posts: 124 New Member
    edited June 2014
    :!: If it's still open, I'd like to sign. :!:

This is awesome! They should've dropped this on us when they released Supernatural! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited June 2014
    Karritz I am not sure if you saw this post by SimGuruCopeland in the AUGUST set speculation thread regarding petitions so I thought I would share it :)
    Note. I think this information provided by SimGuruCopeland is helpful, and positive, as the Grandfather/Grandmother Clock seems to fit all the criteria deemed necessary to create a new store item :D
    Player feedback is an important part of the design process, but I think people are overthinking how much petitions factor into how we make new content for the Sims 3 Store. With very few exceptions, petition don’t carry any more weight than when people post an idea in the new ideas sticky I have at the top of the forums. Cool ideas are cool ideas, it doesn’t matter how many people type “signed”. As a matter of fact, having someone just say, “signed” actually muddies up things because it doesn’t give me any usable context for what they like about the idea. Even if they used Cinderella’s 1-10 “WANT” rating that gives me some track-able data. When people articulately and constructively express what they don’t like about an idea, I can find that really helpful too.

And don’t be offended if your petition with hundreds of signatures doesn’t get made. There are lots of different factors that go into each set and player feedback is only a facet of it.

Other factors include (but aren’t limited too):
    • How well can the Sims 3 Store deliver on this item? Can we knock it out of the park?
    • What are the technical limitations?
    • How popular is the theme?
    • Have we done anything like that recently?
    • What is the overall impact on the game?
    Hello SimGuruCopeland :) (^.^)/ *waves*
    That is interesting. Thank you for providing a comprehensive and concise explanation as to how the Store Team decides what items become reality :) This is food for thought :)
    Many simmers are in love with your Grandfather/Grandmother Clock idea ❤
    - Obviously you feel that you could deliver on this item as it was your suggestion.
    - Both the 'romantic' and 'supernatural' themes of the clock are very popular ones.
    - There is currently nothing similar to this in our games, plus it has the added appeal of ' waltzing' - a new skill and gameplay greatly desired by many simmers :)
    Factoring all these points, I think this would be a perfect choice for the next pc item :wink: :thumbup:
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Karritz I am not sure if you saw this post by SimGuruCopeland in the AUGUST set speculation thread regarding petitions so I thought I would share it :)
    Note. I think this information provided by SimGuruCopeland is helpful, and positive, as the Grandfather/Grandmother Clock seems to fit all the criteria deemed necessary to create a new store item :D
    Player feedback is an important part of the design process, but I think people are overthinking how much petitions factor into how we make new content for the Sims 3 Store. With very few exceptions, petition don’t carry any more weight than when people post an idea in the new ideas sticky I have at the top of the forums. Cool ideas are cool ideas, it doesn’t matter how many people type “signed”. As a matter of fact, having someone just say, “signed” actually muddies up things because it doesn’t give me any usable context for what they like about the idea. Even if they used Cinderella’s 1-10 “WANT” rating that gives me some track-able data. When people articulately and constructively express what they don’t like about an idea, I can find that really helpful too.

And don’t be offended if your petition with hundreds of signatures doesn’t get made. There are lots of different factors that go into each set and player feedback is only a facet of it.

Other factors include (but aren’t limited too):
    • How well can the Sims 3 Store deliver on this item? Can we knock it out of the park?
    • What are the technical limitations?
    • How popular is the theme?
    • Have we done anything like that recently?
    • What is the overall impact on the game?
    Hello SimGuruCopeland :) (^.^)/ *waves*
    That is interesting. Thank you for providing a comprehensive and concise explanation as to how the Store Team decides what items become reality :) This is food for thought :)
    Many simmers are in love with your Grandfather/Grandmother Clock idea ❤
    - Obviously you feel that you could deliver on this item as it was your suggestion.
    - Both the 'romantic' and 'supernatural' themes of the clock are very popular ones.
    - There is currently nothing similar to this in our games, plus it has the added appeal of ' waltzing' - a new skill and gameplay greatly desired by many simmers :)
    Factoring all these points, I think this would be a perfect choice for the next pc item :wink: :thumbup:

Thank you Kate. I don't remember reading that. It doesn't surprise me though. I just started this because I really like the concept expressed by SimGuruCopeland and sort of hoped an expression of interest/support for the idea might help him to persuade the decision makers if he should ever decide to have another go at telling them why he wants to make it.

I don't expect a petition will guarantee we will ever actually get this made. I hope it adds a little strength to the argument if there is ever another attempt at getting the go ahead to do it. I do wonder if there is enough interest in it though. Those of us that want it really do want it, but a lot of people are looking at it and not signing. So that might just tip the decision the other way.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited June 2014
    Sorry to share some bad news for those who haven't seen it but.... :(:(
    It's not any of the following:

• Steampunk
    • Waterslides
    • Yoga
    • Theme Park related
    • Food related
    • The Grandfather/Grandmother Clock (I can confirm this is not getting made.)

It is from this thread http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/270/757594.page page 19 I believe or 18 if I'm wrong.

I know I didn't sign this as it didn't really interest me but I was hoping you all would get this given the high number of signatures in such a short amount of time.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    AunzaAunza Posts: 1,297 Member
    edited June 2014
    jcp011c2 wrote:

• Steampunk
    • Waterslides
    • Yoga
    • Theme Park related
    • Food related

It is from this thread http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/270/757594.page page 19 I believe or 18 if I'm wrong.

I know I didn't sign this as it didn't really interest me but I was hoping you all would get this given the high number of signatures in such a short amount of time.

This is disappointing, although not unexpected.
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited June 2014
    to bad... that was a nice romantic yet spooky and usefull idea... very creativ
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited June 2014
    jcp011c2 wrote:

• Steampunk
    • Waterslides
    • Yoga
    • Theme Park related
    • Food related

Awww... This is super disappointing (╯︵╰,) *sniffle*

jcp thank you for this information. I had not seen it. When I read your post, my heart broke a little.
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Oh well - at least we had a go. SimGuruCopeland knows a lot of us really like this idea.

Maybe he might manage to add one or two bits of the proposed functionality into some future object. Maybe not.

I think we all like the idea of Sims waltzing, and having someone fix broken items and do some gardening while the Sims sleep was a nice idea too.

I won't be adding any more to the signature count in the first post.
  • Options
    BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited June 2014
    I so appriciate how much Alan communicates with us. It's frustrating in the sims 4 board how little info is given. I know that's not really the gurus fault but I still want to let Copland know how much we appreciate him. :)
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • Options
    shakeninsaneshakeninsane Posts: 518 Member
    edited June 2014
    I think it sounded like an amazing idea. I loved the slow dancing in Sims 2, but waltzing, ahh that is something different. I don't know how much I adore the idea that they will have to learn it through the ghosts though. That would kinda complicate it if you wanted your neighbours to waltz aswell. I'd rather it was just a new skill/hidden skill that was easily mastered of course. Or you could dance more elaborate after some practice. But that everyone knew the basics atleast.

Infact, if everyone knew the basics, you could host a "waltz" party and have everyone waltz to fitting music. And there would be a special moodlet or something if you had a waltz party and the clock struck midnight and out came your "special guests" waltzing aswell.

Ugh, now I really REALLY want waltzing!