Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fencers, what will EA have to show to persuade you to buy?

How much wind will EA need to blow you off the fence onto the "Sold" grass of TS4?
What an odd way of putting it.... people on the fence, what will EA need to show you to convince you to consider buying TS4 once again?

Comments

• Options
    Akila906Akila906 Posts: 1,836 Member
    edited June 2014
    CASt or at the very least, a color wheel.
    michael-jackson-17.gif
  • Options
    TiffanyLea007TiffanyLea007 Posts: 1,068 Member
    edited June 2014
    Really? Toddlers and CASt so not buying.
  • Options
    adventfearadventfear Posts: 1,766 Member
    edited June 2014
    Fencer? I'm a legitimate businessman!

... I'm buying the game anyway, just wanted to make that joke. Bad joke. :p
  • Options
    SimsesWithJakeSimsesWithJake Posts: 441 Member
    edited June 2014
    adventfear wrote:
    Fencer? I'm a legitimate businessman!

... I'm buying the game anyway, just wanted to make that joke. Bad joke. :p

No worries, I was amused. :P
  • Options
    SadieD123SadieD123 Posts: 1,317 Member
    edited June 2014
    Toddlers. And GOOD toddlers with great interactions and a great function within the family. Great family interactions in general between all members. At least a generic onsie for the baby in pink or blue (like the blankets except they have limbs and are actually clothed). And more chances to express my creativity. I don't like to be stifled and I don't want to be cookie cutter. I'm hoping that there is more to this game than meets the eye. I don't want my sims to possibly come out looking like other people's sims or have my house looking like someone else's created house. I want my game to be my game and to be unique. I feel like this game is super rigid right now.
    275f503fc4c6c8ef197baeea76ebe0f91373200482_full_zpscc1a19512.gif
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited June 2014
    A miracle, that or they send it gift wrapped to me for free. I am still quite peeved about the lack of toddlers , teens too close to adults. As well as a host of other things not in 4. By a miracle, I mean the need to wow me. So far unimpressed. That is just me.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    MiamineMiamine Posts: 731 Member
    edited June 2014
    Not as easy as just one thing. Yep I'm comfortably fence sitting cause I just managed to fix my Sims 2 game :P and I just bought Sims 3 and some expansions for dirt, dirt cheap, so right now I'm good for a long, long while.

I wanted Sims 4 badly, I absolutely love the style. I like gameplay, I like simulation. I like better AI, more realistic play, and better pathfinding. I like playing in rotational. I like families and generations. Things like CAST and Open World, or even loading screens are not important to me, I'm a Sims 2 player.

What I don't like is NO TODDLERS. I also don't like the missing things which make me think this is a botched online game. I don't like the restrictions on world/terrain editing, causing the lack of pools. That makes me think, online world recovered and edited for single player use.

I don't like missing toddlers and stretched teens, cause that shouts... online play made for only adult avatars, that's why there's problems with the younger sims. All of this makes me wonder, what in the heck are people buying. The future is bright, the future is orange, and that makes me sick. I'm worried about how much DLC will be pushed to actually play this game. I don't like the Sims 3 store or the expensive worlds, that's just treating me like a blank cheque.

Only thing now that will move me, is a proper unscripted video done by someone I trust, maybe somebody like LGR. He knows about online, and he knows about Sims. If something is lacking or strange to him, hopefully he will tell me. But I must admit, apart from all it's problems, Sims 4 definitely has a ton of nice things in, but not sure if I can do without the toddlers and teens who look like adults.
    SIMS 3:YOU’VE NEVER SEEN THE SIMS LIKE THIS BEFORE! This #1 bestselling award-winner* is better than ever on iPhone and iPod. Contains direct links to the Internet; Collects data though third party ad serving analytics technology. EA may retire online features and services after 30 days’ notice.
  • Options
    wmissie0925wmissie0925 Posts: 310 Member
    edited June 2014
    It's not what will convince me to buy at this point; it's the hassle that I will have to go through to cancel. I preordered through Origin with my Paypal and will have to go through hoops to cancel. Another bad blow like Toddlers being gone and I will appeal through Paypal to get my money back. My lesson is learned, I will never preorder through Origin again.

I have a second preorder for my daughter through Best Buy. I like to have at least one disc copy and they haven't released system specs, and I may cancel that one at any time.

To be honest, all the confirming and un-confirming seems like a bait and switch to me. I've considered contacting the Better Business Bureau. See in my mind, all the builds that have been shown were in Alpha. When obviously the game is already in Beta. Otherwise, it would not be ready to go to press. Which should be right about now if they want to make their deadline. Many things were confirmed then un-confirmed just a couple of months before release. It's misleading at best and fraud at worst. And their flippant attitude toward their customers has also given me pause. I've considered cancelling both and purchasing Dragon Age 3. Another EA game. I own a lot of them. I have been a loyal customer through many EA franchises. I think it's foolishness to disregard their customers feelings in this manner personally because, I can take my money for all their products somewhere else.

edited to add one more point:

I was prepared for things to be different and like many of the things I see personally. All the previews were in Alpha and I never imagined they would remove a life stage of all things. Cast and they color wheel gave me a pause. But, I never would have imagined Toddlers not there. In my previous posts, I even said it would take them really messing up the game for me not to purchase. They have reached that point with me. I'm just trying to convince myself to spend the time on the phone with Origin, which never usually goes well for me. :) Anyway, that's how I'm feeling about it today. Maybe in a couple of days the shock will wear off and I will make a decision one way or the other.
  • Options
    pam4402003pam4402003 Posts: 999 Member
    edited June 2014
    Well for me it is all about the building!! I would like to see some more building options, like being able to use foundation with the garages with the driveway leading up into the garage without out a drop off. I would like to use the foundation for the house but maybe not for the garage but I would like to have my garage still attached to the house, so I would like to be able to attached walls to the foundation without using a cheat. I would like to have the pool back! I would like to build split levels without a cheat.
    I am also what you might call a stick builder(a type of home we call "building from the ground up"), and from what I am seen with what EA has done with the building options ... "well" it looks to me like they are taking after the Pre Fab type of home. (Type of real homes that are built in a factor)
    I am sitting on the fence because, I am not sure if I am going to really like this new way of building that EA is going with so I will just wait and see. I don't think EA can do anything to make me come off the fence with this one. I think I will have to wait and see what other simmers have to say about it first.
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    edited June 2014
    I am already going to buy the game anyway.
  • Options
    SimsesWithJakeSimsesWithJake Posts: 441 Member
    edited June 2014
    colton147 wrote:
    I am already going to buy the game anyway.

Although this thread was directed to people who will not be "buying the game anyway", thank you for your input, me too! :)
    Not gonna let the 4th gen of The Sims Franchise slip through my fingers that easily (my poor toddlers though :()!
  • Options
    KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited June 2014
    Evidence that the game is complete/full/detailed as other games in this price range, eg., $90.

• Options
    cheapcheapbirdiecheapcheapbirdie Posts: 397 New Member
    edited June 2014
    The real Sims4... on it's own platform, from scratch, not something that was scratched. So, not going to happen :cry:
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited June 2014
    Kittenkiss wrote:
    Evidence that the game is complete/full/detailed as other games in this price range, eg., $90.

This too^^ :mrgreen:
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited June 2014
    -Bring back toddlers.
    -Add a new stage between children and teens to offset the near-adult teens
    -A create-a-style tool of some kind.
    -Show that the new sims are really fun to play and emotions aren't annoying
    -larger neighborhoods with 10-20 lots in them.
    -dance clubs full of sims like the Late Night trailer.

I don't expect it all at once, but at least 3 or 4 EPs into the game. One of those EPs has to be Seasons. Then I will consider buying in.

(At the top of page 2, as usual. It no longer surprises me.)
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    ZeliaZelia Posts: 34 Member
    edited June 2014
    I want to be able to recolor objects!! In TS2 it was really hard to build houses and furnish them without CC because nothing was working together. Not only it was not matching, some of the presets were terrible. They claim that TS4 will have more objects but what is the point if they can't go together or if the presets make me want to puke! :( For now I have no interest in buying that game. EA just lost a big customer!! I bought everything in TS2 and TS3 and I also got almost everything in the store. I'm a huge buyer, I have spend a fortune in this game. I guess that's the end for me!
  • Options
    pc452000pc452000 Posts: 347 Member
    edited June 2014
    EA will have to give me the game FOR FREE..
    Huge Sim Fanatic
  • Options
    WildeatheartWildeatheart Posts: 1,785 Member
    edited June 2014
    Fully open world with Edit Town, CAST, Toddlers, teens that function differently to adults...
    tumblr_static_b95t53zz25sskgcso8s48cksw.jpg
  • Options
    menemene Posts: 2,322 Member
    edited June 2014
    my wishlist
    -toddlers
    -ghosts (haven't seen them yet so i'm putting them on! )
    -teens that look like teens and can tell at first glance it's a freaking teen without some prompt saying "hey its a freaking teen don't go flirty with it"
    - :/
    -pools (duh)
    -some gameplay footage so i can see what the ui looks like >:/
    -i understand the loading screens... But no teleporting sims between neighborhoods. I don't want my sim to be magically whisked away to another place/zone/building/whatever :/ I wanna see a mode of transportation basically -.-
    -no bugs (heh, thats a joke by the way... we all know thats not gonna happen XD )

• Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited June 2014
    Price would make me decide mostly.

First since I don't really know what is actually going to be in it and how the game play will look I can't say for sure. But price will be the big factor for me. I don't doubt I'll get the game eventually, but the cost will decide when I get it.
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited June 2014
    How much wind will EA need to blow you off the fence onto the "Sold" grass of TS4?
    What an odd way of putting it.... people on the fence, what will EA need to show you to convince you to consider buying TS4 once again?

Leave them alone :wink: What does it matter to you if they choose to buy it or not? I think it should only matter if a good friend doesn't like it and you had your heart on sharing new sims with them like you did in the past. I have that with a few of my best sim friends :( I don't want to leave them behind! But then, I cannot force them to like the new game either. I can only hope there'll be something for them in the game that will give them something to feel excited about, or that they'll receive the game as a gift or something and we'll meet again 8)
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    TInteriorDesignTInteriorDesign Posts: 105 Member
    edited June 2014
    enkeli63 wrote:

Leave them alone :wink: What does it matter to you if they choose to buy it or not? I think it should only matter if a good friend doesn't like it and you had your heart on sharing new sims with them like you did in the past. I have that with a few of my best sim friends :( I don't want to leave them behind! But then, I cannot force them to like the new game either. I can only hope there'll be something for them in the game that will give them something to feel excited about, or that they'll receive the game as a gift or something and we'll meet again 8)

I think this was an innocent enough question. It wasn't trying to convince them to buy it, it was just asking them what they wanted to still see, what might change their minds. Basically, it was a question of being open minded. No reason to bash on either side. The OP doesn't seem to actually care what they do, they are just curious as to what the other players might want to see change about what we've heard.
  • Options
    FabooshFaboosh Posts: 160 Member
    edited June 2014
    I think the price.It's just the foundation for the new series and with so many changes the price should reflect what we are purchasing.I don't know how they feel justified in the pricing of this game!
  • Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited June 2014
    To get me off the fence I'd need:

1) Toddlers, with more interactions like maybe a toddler can crawl or walk over to their dad and raise their arms to be picked up or show mom the sippy cup is empty and a refill is needed, lol.

2) If not CASt something like it or maybe even better. It would be awesome if they gave us something where we could create our own flooring or our own wallpaper or wall paneling, even our own sim clothes and we could set our own preset colors for it and share it if we want. That's just wishful thinking on my part though.

3) CAW. And hopefully I can place more lots in neighborhoods. That's not something I'd expect with the base game though.

Depending on how actual gameplay is then those three would do it. And if they want to throw in more sims per household, an extra floor level or two, pools, and an assurance that a Pets and a Seasons EP will be more expansive (maybe with some of the ideas floated on this forum by others), then I'd be happy to jump off the fence and onto the buy side, lol!
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    Aotearoa13Aotearoa13 Posts: 309 Member
    edited June 2014
    They'd have to show me there's an actual game and not just the expensive foundations for a game.

Maybe show me a full career with all its levels and reward structures?

I'd still be angry with EA and its business methods, and I would still miss toddlers and pools, but at least I'd agree to watch someone else playing it to see if there was any decent gameplay.