Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are Private Schools Back? (Pic) No Rabbit Holes?

I was watching the Smarter and Weirder Stories video and noticed the girls were wearing school uniforms which could confirm that they're back. Two girls are in the same outfit, and the girl being bullied is wearing a uniform look as well, though not the plaid skirt. It could be that they can switch around uniforms as well.

25stoxg.jpg

Before you get too excited, there's no way to tell if this video was shot in an actual non-rabbit hole school; or a public library. If it were in a school, that's awesome because that means no school rabbit holes. However, I doubt it because the Gurus did mention kids would go "off the lot" the same way as the adults do when they go to work.

The reason I wonder if it's a library is because obviously the library has been a non rabbit hole in the past and I noticed books on the desks and book bags on the floor. There's also something that looks like a sign next too the book bag but I can't tell. My other theory is that it's just a cut scene and we might get possible video cut scenes from work places and school depending on the scenarios.

If you want to see it live, just go to 0:21 on the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXJ-O8OFDhI#t=21

Comments

• GrapefruitdreamsGrapefruitdreams Posts: 59 Member
    edited June 2014
    Nope. That was simply a storytelling thing. Private schools are not back, and there aren't uniforms as far as I can tell.
  • SadieD123SadieD123 Posts: 1,317 Member
    edited June 2014
    Technically there are no rabbit holes because there are no buildings for them to go to. Like you said they will just disappear off the lot until whenever they are done with work or school. And I'm pretty sure it's not a legitimate uniform thing. I don't think the schools in Sims 4 will require sims to have a uniform and there hasn't been any mention of any type of private school.

I think they just have some sort of plaid skirt in regular clothing that they put them in and then just grabbed a generic white shirt for them in order to make this. It's not too hard to just dress everyone the same in order to mislead people into thinking that private schools or actually seeing your sims in school is a feature of gameplay.
    275f503fc4c6c8ef197baeea76ebe0f91373200482_full_zpscc1a19512.gif
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited June 2014
    Also, that backpack may be a purely decorative item, or not even in the game.

They showed a playpen in the Sims 2 trailer and when the game launched, there was no playpen.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • simmadness24simmadness24 Posts: 828 Member
    edited June 2014
    SadieD123 wrote:
    I think they just have some sort of plaid skirt in regular clothing that they put them in and then just grabbed a generic white shirt for them in order to make this. It's not too hard to just dress everyone the same in order to mislead people into thinking that private schools or actually seeing your sims in school is a feature of gameplay.

That makes me sad to hear. It's a shame that they've snubbed us having no gameplay vids that everything we see has to be taken at face value.
  • simmadness24simmadness24 Posts: 828 Member
    edited June 2014
    Looks like I answered my own question. :/ Sorry for the waste of thread space, lol.

14m6v5i.jpg
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,991 Member
    edited June 2014
    simmadness24,

I think that's supposed to be a library, since it doesn't look like a classroom to me. If those sims weren't dressed alike I don't think that thought that this was a sign of private schools would have even crossed your mind.
  • colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    edited June 2014
    Private schools are not back because they would be a part of the off-screen school system.

They would probably make a return to a Generations-related expansion though. :P