Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GC's Builds, *Closed*

Comments

• GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited June 2014
    Crow's Nest - 2 bdrm

Despite its clean modernist lines, this home is weather-beaten, salt-stained, and inspired by maritime exploration. To suit the owners' tastes, it has been decorated predominantly in rich burgundy and dramatic black. The eclectic master bedroom overlooks a four-story great room with with-to-ceiling windows, affording stunning views. The house also features a guest bedroom, open plan dining and study areas, and two patios (one for entertaining and one for martial arts equipment).

The house is shown here at 28 Briny's Deep, Barnacle Bay. It costs 98,907 and comes will all plumbing and appliances fully upgraded. The artwork, which is not custom content, has been created using sim photography and bit of trickery. You can purchase the real life versions for your own home at ethanallen.com.

Finally, please note that CFE has been used extensively on all levels, which means room divisions can't be altered.

No CC, no CAP - checked in Custard.

Lot Size: 30x20

CNFront.png

CNSide.png

CNBack.png

CNDining.png

CNDining2.png

CNGreat.png

CNGreat2.png

CNStudy.png

CNKitchen.png

CNBathroom.png

CNGuest.png

CNMaster.png

CNMaster2.png

CNMaster3.png

CNPlan1.png

CNPlan2.png
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    edited June 2014
    Crow's Nest is a very nice home! :) Very nice exterior of it! The roofing is great! It looks great how you have done the windows! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The burgundy, black and white colours of the home look very nice! I have been posting on the WIP on your other thread BB thread so I won't repeat it again here. It looks very nice how you have placed bowls of food on the table at each chair place for the photos. It is a nice touch. The way you have done the picture above the dresser looks great.
    Very nice home :)
    edited June 2014
    Thank you for your kind words, Rose, here and in my WIP thread xx
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • sherrylynn8779sherrylynn8779 Posts: 2,102 Member
    edited June 2014
    GC: What a lovely build! I especially LOVE the split staircase. I used to know how to do that, but I have lost that skill... I need to google it, because so many houses would look so much better with stairs like that. I have been debating on whether to get the prism art studio for those stairs, but I am not 100% sold on them, if they were in two pieces so that you can manipulate them that would be so much better! However, CFE works just as well. :)

Let me just say, that I have been drawn to your builds I take a lot of ideas from you (and a few others) as I build, so to look through all your threads has been quite inspirational. Off to rec! :)
    My Twitter:: My Facebook:: Gallery Name: sherry_lynn1979
    edited June 2014
    Thanks so much! What a lovely comment :)

I really love the prism art studio set, but I haven't actually used the stairs part of it yet - I don't like that they can't have supporting walls.

Let me know if you ever need help doing your cfe stairs. I have a series of tutorials (link is in my siggy) and I'm always happy to take questions about cfe there xx
  • saitouamysaitouamy Posts: 1,104 Member
    edited June 2014
    Crow's Nest is absolutely wonderful! I love it's elegant shape. The big high-ceiling windows looks beautiful too. Interiors are sophisticated and warm at the same time, and they make me want to use DebugEnabler too :)
    edited June 2014
    saitouamy wrote:
    Crow's Nest is absolutely wonderful! I love it's elegant shape. The big high-ceiling windows looks beautiful too. Interiors are sophisticated and warm at the same time, and they make me want to use DebugEnabler too :)

Thanks so much - what lovely comments :)

DebugEnabler is a fantastic tool, a real game-changer. I highly recommend it! I was quite restrained with it in this build - I just used it for the cushions, luggage cases, and wine glasses I think, but sometimes I go absolutely crazy with it :lol:
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited June 2014
    Absolutely gorgeous house! Both outside and inside looks beautiful! Recommended and added to my favourites. :thumbup: :thumbup:
    edited June 2014
    Thank you yanti dear xxx
    edited June 2014
    The Keystone - 4 bdrm

The Keystone's curving roofline brings a playful, decorative element to its otherwise vernacular design. It is rooted in New England architectural traditions, and constructed from local materials, but has been furnished to reflect the owners' eclectic tastes and love of travel. I created the build from 31 Fisherman's Pass in Barnacle Bay.

The house is dog- and child-friendly, great for parties, and can easily meet the work space needs of a painter, artisan, or inventor. It includes a large open plan family room, three double bedrooms, a spacious nursery, and a two-story art studio. None of the bedrooms are en suite, but they are all very close to one of the house's two bathrooms. The back garden features an outdoor fireplace, a treehouse, a vegetable patch, and a special fence designed to provide privacy from neighbours without blocking the sea view.

You may notice in my pictures the sliding on the house looks a variety of different colours. This isn't anything to do with how I've edited them. It's just that the texture I've chosen seems to be particularly responsive to light, so this is what happens as the time of day changes. It's actually one of the things I really love about the house.

Please note that due to the cfe work I've done, new room divisions cannot be added to the area that is currently occupied by the master bedroom, upstairs bathroom, and nursery. They can be added to a limited to extent to the large family room and the attic bedroom above it, and without restriction to all other areas of the house.

The house comes fully upgraded and play-tested. No CC, no CAP - checked in Custard.

Lot Size: 40x30

Thanks To:
    - Joolster for her complete paintings collection.
    - Aminovas for her CC-Free artwork tutorial.
    - Ethan Allen, from whose website real life versions of most of the artwork can be purchased.
    - Polhemus Savery DaSilva Architects, whose House On Salt Pond inspired the roofline.
    - Sawdust for the name of the house.
    - Everyone who gave me feedback and encouragement in my WIP thread

Exterior views.
    Front.png
    Right.png
    Bikes.png
    Left.png
    Back.png

Sunrise from the front porch.
    Sunrise.png

Garden.
    Garden1.png
    Garden2.png
    Garden3.png

Foyer
    Hall.png

Family room.
    Living1.png
    Living2.png
    Dining.png
    Kitchen.png

Dog room.
    Dogs1.png
    Dogs2.png

Guest bedroom.
    Guest1.png
    Guest2.png

Downstairs bathroom.
    Bath.png

Ground floor art studio.
    Art1.png
    Art2.png
    Art3.png
    Art4.png

Basement art studio (metalwork).
    Metal1.png
    Metal2.png

Master bedroom.
    Master2.png
    Master3.png
    Master1.png

Nursery/child's bedroom.
    Nursery2.png
    Nursery1.png

Teen/second bedroom.
    Teen.png

Floor plans.
    Plan4.png
    Plan2.png
    Plan3.png
    Plan1.png
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • sherrylynn8779sherrylynn8779 Posts: 2,102 Member
    edited June 2014
    *Grabs mop before anyone slips on all the drool on the floor*

:shock: Oh. My. Stars. Watching it come together is one thing, seeing it finished is a whole 'nother thing! I am envious of anyone getting this house! I will be rec'ing and fav'ing so that when I am caught up on stuff for the game I can have this! :D

Simply Amazing!
    My Twitter:: My Facebook:: Gallery Name: sherry_lynn1979
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited June 2014
    agree with the abow

now I want the teen bedroom and the artstudio.... in real life...
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    edited June 2014
    The Keystone is a very nice home! :) Very nice exterior of it! The roofing is very nice! Very nice furnishing of the interior! The two leveled art studio is very great! Your pictures that you have posted to present your home are done very nicely! Very nice sunrise picture to show the views that the sims will enjoy seeing! I won't post again about the rooms and areas but have been enjoying seeing the updates on your WIP thread.
    It is a great home! :-)
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited June 2014
    Gorgeous home and nice name too! Good choice! :D Two things really stands out in this build! That AWESOME roof and your DROOLWORTHY interiors! Well done GC! Always a pleasure to see your builds in the forums. Recommended and added to my favourites. :thumbup: :thumbup:
    edited June 2014
    Wow, guys, I feel totally blown away by these responses! Thank you so, so much for your kind words.
  • saitouamysaitouamy Posts: 1,104 Member
    edited June 2014
    What a stunning house! The shape of it looks lovely. Interior has beautiful calmness. Two art studio looks real and so comfy. Orange colored master bedroom is wonderful and love all drawings hanging on walls! Nursery room looks great too. Left you a big rec :D
  • YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited June 2014
    Both very nice houses, GC!

Crow's Nest is very clever - all grey and rustic yet still looks good. Well done! When I try that style it turns out horribly and looks like the building's been on fire for about 20 years straight :lol: I like the high windows too! Nice cussions on the bed, and a modern yet cozy interior :D Rec'd!

The Keystone looks like a great home! Very big and spacious - I love the cushions in the garden for Sims to enjoy :mrgreen: The tree on the wall in the 3rd Upload Pic looks awesome too! I wonder where that came from, I will search my game 8) Rec'd this one too!

Have a lovely day :D ~YJ~
  • FischioFischio Posts: 319 Member
    edited June 2014
    It's done \o/ The Keystone looks awesome! The orange bedroom looks incredible with the clean lines and bold color and pattern use :thumbup: Love the psychedelic pumpkin poof patch in the back yard in front of the fireplace :D It just needs the bubble blower from sims 2 and it would be perfect! Rec'd!
  • Illyianna2005Illyianna2005 Posts: 895 Member
    edited June 2014
    You have amazing Decor Skills, you should look into being an Interior Decorator, I'd let you Decor my house anytime. :-)
  • TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited June 2014
    How pretty! I loved all the pictures, GreenKitty! Gosh those are pretty homes! Rec'd the Crow's Nest too because I'd missed that little gem too!

Rec'd and rec'd!

T
  • DolphineQDolphineQ Posts: 1,799 Member
    edited June 2014
    Oh my goodness. OH MY GOODNESS!
    Green, I adore The Keystone!
    Those bedrooms are to die for and I am going to ninja your trick with the pillows on the bed :D. The sitting area by the fireplace is so homey and still elegant, I just wanna move right in.
    And just to illustrate how much I love this home, I had to retype words in this post 11 times... my spelling skills suffer when I get excited about something :D

FANTASTIC work, sweetie!
    Please share and support me in my work with rescue cats! https://www.gofundme.com/DolphineQCats

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    edited June 2014
    The Keystone looks fantastic, love the architecture and the name is so very fitting. Wow, the art studio is incredible, left a rec :))
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited June 2014
    GC Keystone is wonderful so many little details and your mastery of CFC is amazing. Gorgeous decors in all your build each with their own personality waiting for one of your lovely families to inhabit them.
    I am not sure if it was this thread but you were asking for ideas about a name for your BB project Jolie Mer Cove (pretty sea)because of all the gorgeous homes you have built overlooking the sea. :D
    Hugs Folly
    edited June 2014
    Thank you all so much for your kind words :) They've each brought me so much happiness. Apologies for not replying individually, except to questions. I am just on my way to bed. The house was very fun to build - if slightly frustrating at first!

@YJ - The tree is from Generations I believe.

@Fischio - Haha, that's exactly what I was thinking, about the bubble blower! I briefly considered the LN one but that just looks all wrong.

@follyfoot - What a pretty name! I don't actually plan on re-naming the town itself. I've got so used to calling it Barnacle Bay that I'm happy to keep it like that - especially since I've resurrected Barnacle Bill :) I do really like the French name though, and I actually have a French family whose house I'll be building eventually. Do you think it could be adapted into a house name?
  • follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited June 2014
    :lol: Oh! dear sorry Barnacle Bill :D I think it would work nicely Greencats. I have to say that all your builds are gorgeous and I am loving seeing them and your families for them. :D Hugs Folly