Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I want to hear the opinions of those that plan to buy TS4

I can see that there are a lot of people still out there that plan to buy TS4, and based on everything I've seen of it I have a hard time understanding why. I don't mean to be mean or make this into another hate thread. I'm honestly just curious to see your reasoning and maybe realize that I'm missing something. I've been a simmer since the TS1 days and have only missed out on maybe 4 EPs all together. I've even played most of the console versions. Still, based on what I have seen I don't think TS4 is worth the price tag for me.

So, what makes it worth it for you if you plan to buy it?

Comments

• alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited June 2014
    I have also been a simmer from day one and am very excited to play the next iteration just like I was about 2 and 3! As a simmer I always look at the big picture. I can handle lack of pools and toddlers because everything I have seen about this game makes me see what new avenues I can look at and explore. I am very excited to see the deep personalities play out in the AI. I always said I wanted Sims to react more realistically and that is what they are giving us in this game. I was so happy when one of the Gurus said our sims can remember a convo they had the day before and go to the sim's house and continue it. The memory system really has me intrigued too because you can capture moments in their life and tie it to an emotion they will feel when they think of this moment. That is stuff we do in real life. The Sims truly are the center of this game. Imagine the storytelling possibilities when you have sims that will realistically react. We tend to forget that every base game can't have every single feature packed in the base game. Sims 3 had like 13 expansions (Don't want to count exact number right now. lol) and stuff packs too. Just remember there is no franchise out there like The Sims and never will be. We need to support this one of a kind game! :)
  • Im0003Im0003 Posts: 679 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm excited to see what is new. Like with TS3 it looked pretty cool (to me) and playing was a completely different experience to watching the clips alone; there was a lot left out that would have been missed without playing yourself.
    With TS4 I get the impression it will be similar, and I know many disagree, and I look forward to working things out all over again :)
    Then there are the whole emotions that seem pretty cool. I've never been massive on actual gameplay, I usually cheat and max out relationships or needs to get what I want because it got boring otherwise but I think with TS4 there is more of a reward to actually play through.
    I love the new CAS, although it is a shame we lose the colour wheel the fact that sims will react to the colours of their clothes and the clothes of other sims is cool.
    And then theres build mode. While I doubt I'll really use the premade rooms I can't wait to see the new objects, especially the plants, both outdoors and deco. I love decorating my houses and such and hope TS4 improves on TS3, which I loved for this :)

Hope this answers your question :)
  • GrapefruitdreamsGrapefruitdreams Posts: 59 Member
    edited June 2014
    Well, it looks pretty alright. I like the mix of open and closed world, so that hasn't deterred me. I never use pools, and I'm sure they'll be added in at some point. CAS looks great of course, and build mode looks nice. I'm sad about toddlers, and I've even signed the petition, but the gameplay still looks good. They have put a lot of time into the emotions system I think, and I have high hopes for it. There are definitely some cons, but it's not like I can't play The Sims 3 if I want. I think if people are just surrounded by negativity, naturally it will affect their opinion on the game. I find that the game looks like a good fit for me. I think most of it's issues will be resolved over time. I'm also not particularly strapped for cash or interested in buying anything else, so I'm not very frugal about it. Most new games these days are $60 anyway.
  • WhitneysimWhitneysim Posts: 554 Member
    edited June 2014
    It is still just a base game, I plan on buying it because its THE SIMS, I'm just so used to having it in my life now, Sims 3 S.U.X SO I'm hoping 4 will be better than 3, if not, well I just won't buy any ex and stuff packs and go back to being bored with Sims 3 as sims 2, as great as it was to play in the day, is just too ancient for my liking now!!

Thats where I don't understand these people that are not buying it out of spite because they have left a few things out, why judge a game that hasn't been played yet, and if you don't like it when you buy it, no one is going to force you to keep playing it and buy the packs for it, but this is just my opinion though! :?

Plus I just love the look of the new worlds and décor content, at the moment, the Sims themselves still have me cringing, but I will get over that in time, I'm slowly getting used to the way they look now any ways!! So that's my in put as to why I am buying it. :mrgreen:
  • SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited June 2014
    What makes me want to buy this game?

Willow Creek looks beautiful. CAS looks so amazing I have to try it out for myself. New building content, very likely with future split levelling without having to use CFE. Different gameplay, different town, household rotation, windows and mirrors can be placed at different heights, new objects, different houses to build, new neighbours to discover, a whole different set of sims ....

.... hang on, I don't need to say all this, it's already listed in quite a few places.

And it really does look good to me.

When something new comes out, I really like to take a look at it. Game reviewers buy new games to test them out and I tend to like testing things out too.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited June 2014
    For these reasons

Multitasking

Better groups and dates

New Parties

New Interactions

Sims will finally be able to carry on a conversation at the dinner table.

New cas enhancements.

Being able to travel to any world and even move there.

More sims on a community lot.
  • Hegemon2222Hegemon2222 Posts: 300 New Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm buying The Sims 4 and am very excited to try out all the fun things they've been showing in the trailer. I don't care if the whole world is against the Sims 4. I love the adult stages. And when they add more detail to the game and other life stages, I'll be in Sim heaven.
  • JessicaLorenJessicaLoren Posts: 68 Member
    edited June 2014
    I have also played the sims all the way from the sims 1. I'm excited about the sims 4 because of the emotions. To me, it seemed in past games it was more about how sims interacted with the world, and less about their personal relationships, even with their families.

I'm also really excited about being able to travel between worlds. When a new expansion for the sims 3 would come out, I would download new worlds so all the venues from all the expansions would fit. I think that even though the neighborhoods are closed, the world itself will feel a lot bigger
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited June 2014
    Whitneysim wrote:
    It is still just a base game, I plan on buying it because its THE SIMS, I'm just so used to having it in my life now, Sims 3 S.U.X SO I'm hoping 4 will be better than 3, if not, well I just won't buy any ex and stuff packs and go back to being bored with Sims 3 as sims 2, as great as it was to play in the day, is just too ancient for my liking now!!

Thats where I don't understand these people that are not buying it out of spite because they have left a few things out, why judge a game that hasn't been played yet, and if you don't like it when you buy it, no one is going to force you to keep playing it and buy the packs for it, but this is just my opinion though! :?

Plus I just love the look of the new worlds and décor content, at the moment, the Sims themselves still have me cringing, but I will get over that in time, I'm slowly getting used to the way they look now any ways!! So that's my in put as to why I am buying it. :mrgreen:

Just speaking for myself here. But I already know toddlers are too essential to my game play to lose. I'm a story teller and generational player. That is 99% of my gameplay. I can't be without toddlers. I understand about giving the game a chance but sometimes you find out something major enough that you know it's just not the game for you. It's not worth 70 dollars for a game that loses an essential feature for me. That's a lot of money and I don't earn much (currently I don't earn any, but when I am I earn little with too many places for it to go that are more important than games) I have to be extremely careful and think lots about where I put my money, I can't afford just giving things a chance. So I have to consider things like losing features essential to my gameplay when considering if the game is worth it. It's not to me.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited June 2014
    I almost forgot to mention how I love the new interconnected world system! I love the idea of all the worlds being available for my sim. I also can foresee each world having its own "specialty" especially when the expansions start coming out. We don't have to cram all the lots in one town because we can simply travel to the town which has the lot we want. It will be just like in real life where you can travel to different towns. SO EXCITED!!!
  • leyna75leyna75 Posts: 127 Member
    edited June 2014
    Of course emotions, graphics, realism.... I was extremely excited when it was first announced. I know people are upset and that is their right. I even mourn the loss of toddlers and signed the petition. But it will be interesting to see how they morph the infants into children. I know people expect actions from TS1 but what if is something totally different that explains why the toddler stage was removed? Like the infant stage is expanded and the infant grows each day into a toddler and then the child ages up? Technically, it is still the infant stage the sim progressed through. Like the pregnant Sim stage is not separated by trimesters, she just gets bigger as each day passes. Then too, is the certainty that if the base game does live up to my expectations then I will not be purchasing anything else and save my money. It is a win/win with me as far as value goes. Good game means spending more money but I am having fun. Bad game means I keep from losing more than I have already invested and find a new outlet. The thing about companies that don't deliver is that you can only go so far before the ride is over. It may take some time but it will come to an end. Ultimately, the company has a decision to make. To improve or don't. Lose your fanbase or don't.
  • OmfgTabithaOmfgTabitha Posts: 67
    edited June 2014
    1. I love the cartoon-ish graphics, YES, I ACTUALLY LIKE IT.
    2. New CAS, Easier to make sims and you can adjust THEIR BODY.
    3. New Build Mode, I like it, simply that.
    4. New Buy Mode, I think it's cool how it's like a catalog.
    5. The new features, animations, and other things. I like new.
    6. It's 32 bit and I like how there will be loading screens. My computer blows.
  • LovenVincentLovenVincent Posts: 1,222 Member
    edited June 2014
    I will take this thread serious and will answer respectfully.

As a video creator and a gamer since i was in my early teens (since the nintendo days and im 37 now) i have found alot of inspiration in gaming over all. yes taking my own life into account,i found a lot of positive aspects in some of the worst dark holes (odd im sure) from games like final fantasy 7 that was a huge,massive improvement from those that came before but the content was beyond (and still is) anything ever seen before. its inspiration is still well engraved even now. do those that come long after not understand? of course. and i would never expect them to. but also being one that understands the other side of the story,if final fantasy was *redone* from its original state but lost all of its depth,content and inspirations,i would be VERY upset. but also knowing that final fantasy 7-2 is NOT 7 but just another installation,another added feature-this allows me to only add to that and not face any loss. Am i willing to make sacrifices for said inspiration and what i feel is needed? yes IF i get only the same or better in return. Does that mean i may have to suffer to get there? yes. As one who has had the pure content change their life for the better,sparked amazing results in video creation that allowed me to suffer through some of the worst times of my life,i refuse to hold any object at full value but only that,that allowed me to press through. THIS is why i will always give such a chance,because without it-i have lost ALL hope of doing the above.

Edited-

In other words,i am not buying the sims because *its the sims* im buying A GAME that may benefit me in an emotional/mental way and doing so for my creativity. I would do the same for ANY other game. judging a game *at all* for any reason other then the above,does not benefit ME.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    0sig_YunaTidus_animated.gif

Origin: Damian_Nyx
  • foluke11foluke11 Posts: 159 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm a story teller, its my career. And I enjoy sims it allows for me to create wonderful stories. I'm excited for the emotions in the Sims 4 and for my sims to actually react to things. Its exciting knowing that they will actually seem to be an individual.
    Its a little annoying about the toddlers, but I can live/play pass it. I know the developers are trying to create a good game, so I know they will give us good toddlers..when they do.
    I've been playing sims since sims 1 and I keep playing it. Regardless. There's no other game like it. :wink:
  • Oneice27Oneice27 Posts: 314 Member
    edited June 2014
    A lot of people above me already stated why I'll still be buying it.

I love everything about it! And I can see sooooo many story potentials for me!
    Keep calm and sim on friend-os!

**Icon image is of my character, drawn for my by fellow artist ^^ I always play out him and his gal's story in the sims, going to be exciting to bring it to the sims 4!**
  • Pandagirl9449Pandagirl9449 Posts: 911 Member
    edited June 2014
    The Sims look entertaining and I like the cartoon style.
  • sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited June 2014
    I too have been a Simmer since day one.

When Sims 4 was announced my first reaction was to not buy until it was on special as I still had a long way to go to fully deck out Sims 3 with all the store content I wanted and I was a bit concerned that the introduction of emotions might make the Sims even sillier than normal. (They can be intellectually stupid at times. The thought of emotional stupidity as well had me shivering):)

Then I heard it was a closed world and that definitely made me decide not to buy at all.

I listened to an interview the other day regarding gameplay and other features and found out that the "closed world system" isn't as closed as one might think. As he spoke of the gameplay I was reminded of an Australian TV series called Neighbours. (If you don't know that TV series it was based around the relationships between characters who lived in a small cul-de-sac.)

If this game plays out the way it sounds, I can see why EA has opted to go this way as it brings the emphasis back on the Sims rather than the world. As far as I am concerned, that can only be a good thing.

It has made me re-consider purchasing Sims 4 although I still may wait for it to be on special but that's an economic matter not a gameplay issue.

In regards to the whole "pools and toddlers" fiasco? I am more than happy to see such things out of the game. Why? Not because I don't want these things but because I am sick to death of having certain things in the game only to find them so highly under-utilized as to be a waste of space.

• zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited June 2014
    I plan on buying sims 4 because:

1 - The new CAS, making sims that don't all have to look like puddy.

2 - Can play more than one family or sim within the same "save" without the big sims 3 hassle (definitely curious how this will work).

3 - whole new game, new stuff. I really don't worry about any particular Object, or even age group "missing" . It's a New Game Folks!

4 - I'm more interested in seeing how the whole thing plays and acts as a whole new experience. And yes I've played Every sims game since sims 1!

5 - Bella and Mortimer.

6 - New AI (artificial intelligence including the emotions, memories, all of it) Admittedly , it seems this is always promised and always disappoints BUT time marches foward so does progress (supposedly!), there has to be Some progress made in this area!

7 - Hearing everyone squeal, wail, and gnash their teeth at (whichever) forums when they get the new game !!! :lol:

Yeah $60 or $70 or whatever it is IS pricy, and I'm not exactly rolling in it lately BUT I hear that's the average price of most new games anyhow. Why would sims 4 be different?

• halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited June 2014
    I have many complains about Sims 4 but I hope those will be fixed with patches or EPs

I will buy it because I think the sims look the best in this game, cant wait to try the CAS, cant wait to see the custom contents made for the game.

I have all sims games, every one of them. I'm giving the game a chance because;
    While Sims 3 had open world, not many loading screens, CASt, Color wheel etc but I still loved the sims 2 way better, so there might be a chance I will love Sims 4 more than 3. I just hope it turns out to be great
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • GameLover16GameLover16 Posts: 361 Member
    edited June 2014
    I just want to try it. Really, I'm disappointed with it, but it can't hurt to try. If I don't like,it, I'll give it to my sister or best friend.
  • SimsesWithJakeSimsesWithJake Posts: 441 Member
    edited June 2014
    Although I am upset at EA's decisions and don't think TS4 is worth its price tag, I will buy it.
    I really am still looking forward to playing it.
    But I won't be buying it straight away. I'll wait a few months or a year.
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    edited June 2014
    If I choose to buy the game these would be my reasons:

-Emotions and more expressive sims
    -Smarter Sims/sims are more aware of their surroundings
    -Rotational game play
    -Better routing (supposedly. Can't know for sure from those STAGED trailers)
    -Molding sims in CAS
    -Better genetics
    -Multitasking
    -Different walking styles (7 confirmed)
    -Can adjust more body parts like the butt, hips, and feet
    -Hats can be put on any hairstyle
    -Boots work better with pants
    -Better facial ethnicities (sims from all around the world)
    -Can give sims wrinkles
    -Accessories are no longer attached to anything
    -"Styled Looks" (this might come in handy if making larger families so it saves time)
    -Smart randomizer (can choose exactly what to randomize in CAS)
    -No more maternity clothing for pregnant sims
    -Formal wear and party wear are separate
    -Easier to take off accessories without needing to search for it (hassle in Sims 3)
    -Sims can breastfeed
    -Teenagers can have the "talk" with parents
    -Friendship and romance bars are separate
    -Friends/enemies with benefits
    -Story progression is still there
    -You can move to other towns without losing anything like relationships
    -Sims can throw "singles" parties
    -Sims can be a stand up comedian
    -Sims can have more than one aspiration
    -There's a mods folder so we can put mods straight away (though I personally don't use mods at least not yet)
    -Sims can get pregnant by regular woohoo << I really love this.
    -Adjustable wall height
    -Adjustable window height
    -Adjustable foundation height
    -Add foundations after rooms are built
    -Curved foundations and fences
    -Pillars can be added to fences without cheats Move rooms and houses on lots
    -Adjustable roof curve
    -Adjustable roof overhang
    -Roof trim & other architectural details
    -Fountain tool in base game
    -Different chimney types
    -Multi-level lighting
    -Elders can be set as parents of teens & children in CAS
    -Filters and search features in CAS
    -Boots adjust to go over or under pants
    -Tattoos in base game & better looking
    -Group socialization
    -Up to 20 sims on a lot, making locations more lively
    -Editable list of townies
    -Sims can live in one world and work in or visit another
    -Rotational gameplay/Playing multiple families in one world is supported
    -Dates in base game
    -Bars/Clubs in base game
    -Drinks with meals
    -Separate Homestyle & Gourmet cooking
    -Grow flowers with gardening & herbs in base game
    -Genetics for gardening system
    -Monkey bars for kids
    -Mentor sims in skills, like piano
    -Piano, guitar and violin in base game

Sorry if any of these are repetitive in any way. I have been formulating a pro and con list based on information from several places to get an idea of what is actually in this game so I can make an informed decision about buying it rather than an emotional one. I also have a list of cons but you asked why a person might want this game so I gave you my pros.
  • AngelGirl232AngelGirl232 Posts: 14 New Member
    edited June 2014
    At this point I'm just ready for something new. I still play Sims 3 but I'm pretty much bored with it. I haven't really played Sims 2 in years not since my old windows xp died from a bsod. I do have the base on my current computer but I have no interest in cluttering it up by installing all the expansions packs I have, plus finding downloadable content. That's all best saved for a different computer. Anyway, Sims is the only pc game I really play and from what I've seen of Sims 4, I'm liking it.
  • Renay94Renay94 Posts: 88 New Member
    edited June 2014
    For me personally, I've played from the first Sims game too.
    I'm open to trying and buying the Sims 4 purely because I pay around $100AUD (the Sims 4 will also be $100) for any new game that comes out for my PS4 etc.
    Whether the Sims is good, bad or indifferent when it first comes out, I can pretty much guarantee that I will get 100's (more likely 1000's :lol: ) of hours more out of it then I do my console games- which I normally play through once and I'm finished it, because the story-line will NEVER change! So this to me is worth the chance on spending the money on the base game.
    I'm open to the never ending possibilities the game may bring.