Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are your plans for TS4?

Comments

• phineas1920phineas1920 Posts: 935 Member
    edited June 2014
    wickedjr89 wrote:
    I didn't know a carpenter career was confirmed? I hadn't even heard of it.

I try so hard everyday to keep up with all the TS4 news, and i'm disabled I don't have a job so I literally have all day everyday, and still I miss things. I fail..I fail so hard.

:lol:

I do plan to have a look at all the possible careers :).

I didn't know there was carpentry either? I thought all we had heard of was comedian, chef, and astronaut. I hope there are more "normal" careers. Other than liking the stand-up job, I don't usually make my sims entertainers or gangsters or ghost hunters or anything.
    5fhzzo.jpg
  • wickedjr89wickedjr89 Posts: 1,777 Member
    edited June 2014
    wickedjr89 wrote:
    I didn't know a carpenter career was confirmed? I hadn't even heard of it.

I try so hard everyday to keep up with all the TS4 news, and i'm disabled I don't have a job so I literally have all day everyday, and still I miss things. I fail..I fail so hard.

:lol:

I do plan to have a look at all the possible careers :).

I didn't know there was carpentry either? I thought all we had heard of was comedian, chef, and astronaut. I hope there are more "normal" careers. Other than liking the stand-up job, I don't usually make my sims entertainers or gangsters or ghost hunters or anything.

Either way I do miss things but SimsVIP always puts everything up with time so :D

I like all the careers. Normal and not normal. All i've heard of was comedian, chef and astronaut as well. Can't wait to see what else there is!
  • wooters2014wooters2014 Posts: 186 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm going to jump straight into CAS and get creating, then i may have a look at the townies
  • Kail16Kail16 Posts: 3,051 Member
    edited June 2014
    I finally know what family I'm going to play. I'm going to make a husband and wife with a teen and a two children.

The mother will be very airy and social foodie who will work on her cooking and gardening. She's going to a very patience woman who likes to throw parties. Her Husband will be a very strict, hotheaded man, (maybe in the military career track). Their teen son will be a Bro and a slacker. The two younger children will different.I'm thinking one will be artsy and the other will be very studios.

I'm sure mama and will be getting pregnant very shortly after I start playing.
  • lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited June 2014
    I plan to play the Caliente sisters and have lots of fun with them having a grand old time and causing chaos, and really getting a feel for the game. Then I'm going to start a legacy with my self sim and Graham's sim :oops:
    WznfzGr.gif
  • GrapefruitdreamsGrapefruitdreams Posts: 59 Member
    edited June 2014
    I plan to play the Caliente sisters and have lots of fun with them having a grand old time and causing chaos, and really getting a feel for the game. Then I'm going to start a legacy with my self sim and Graham's sim :oops:
    Mmm. Graham's sim. =P I think I'll do the same.
    edited July 2014
    Sounds like Graham's simself will be busy in quite a few games! :wink:
  • becca022becca022 Posts: 163 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm going to spend some time is CAS, then put the sim in a premade house and explore the world. Then when I've got more time, I'll create another sim for a legacy and play her and her family as it grows.
    I can't wait.
  • AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited July 2014
    If everything works in my favor I hope to purchase the game at midnight on September 2nd and when I get home I will open it up and explore... I always find a family any family to do this with...after seeing the outline and finding out all the fun things ...learning all the trick and what not...I will then prepare to make a family of my own however I need to know how this game will flow...what will make this game tick...the in and the outs...it's like moving to a new state...somewhere you have never been or heard about.... it can be a bit scary also you may feel a bit defensive as you keep your guard up

...you meet new people and start to soften up a bit as you learn to adapt to your new surroundings also teaching and sharing with them your old way of living...the only way you have ever known in your life thus far...as the both of you learn new things about one another you find out in a few months that you have developed a bond a strong friendship and the guard you had before is slowing disappearing and smile forms in it's place...hmmm maybe that's my new family :shock: :?: :?: a couple...or maybe a female right out of college hmmm they moved to a new state but they only know of the past worlds of the past sim games...I love it!!
  • InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited July 2014
    If my suspicions are correct I won't be planning anything with TS4. I didn't preorder, I won't buy until I see something that proves me wrong.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited July 2014
    TS4 is NOT TS4. It's just a game with the same name. Entirely different than it's predecessors. And I thought TS3 took a detour...well TS4 is not even on the map, no where to be found. That is how lost TS4 is. Hmm, even pretending to be something it's not. :lol:

giphy.gif

My plans for TS4?

giphy.gif

“What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    edited July 2014
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Oh I do have a couple ideas - I first want to check out the cemetery as I understand it will have a lot of familiar names on the tombstones. Then I want to check out the Jazz club and try the new comedian career and anything else that is NEW, like the carpentry and baker.

Will there be a cemetery? People have been asking if there are ghosts in the game and haven't gotten any responses from the gurus.
    Origin ID: Barbara917
  • QuirmQuirm Posts: 32 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm either gonna play around in CAS first or check out all the premade families and their homes. :) After that, hmm, gonna settle on one of the households (whichever one appeals most to me at the time) and start checking out what the game has to offer - once I've got a better idea of how things function, I'm probably going to do a Goth or Caliente legacy. :D Really looking forward to seeing the new genetics in action, if they're as good in live mode as they are in CAS I'm going to be stoked. I usually have a big focus on family life when I play, but I think I'm gonna try setting the sims' lifespans to last longer and give them more individuality this time.
    edited July 2014
    le bump

Also since just learned Story Progression is out (aside from aging/moving in) it sounds like i'll be playing rotational style, and I still play Sims 2 so while I wasn't expecting that from TS4 i'm ok with it (once I got over the news). Doesn't change too much about my plans though :)
  • GameLover16GameLover16 Posts: 361 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm thinking of recreating a family I had way back in TS1. Also want to try out the build mode.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited July 2014
    I am so excited for release day!

I will most likely quickly jump into a premade family to play around with the town a little bit and to test how quick the loading screens are on my beast of a computer I just updated. After quickly messing around with the town I will go into CAS and most likely start out with a single male and then try to find him a gal in town to date. I am eager to get an official list on all the careers. Ooooh maybe I will throw a singles party to get him hooked up!! I am psyched about the possibilities. None of these negatives that are being thrown around are deterring me from being obsessed with this game! After all, I always said I had the "excitable" trait!! :)

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2014
    Sincerbox - that is what Graham said in one of the interviews. He was asked the question what other sims were coming back to the game in this parallel universe besides Mortimer and Bella, and that they had heard also would be Don Lothario and the Calienti Sisters. Graham said to look in the cemetery in Sims 4 and we would see many familiar names we recognized. That is all he said as the interviewer went on to some of question. So there is a cemetery - but the next question "are there ghosts" was not asked or answered as far as I know.

WickedJr - yes I think it was Ryan who confirmed that - trying to remember - I know it was at the E3 and there is a picture of Bella with a drill and a carpenter workbench behind her. He said something about Bella even trying the carpentry tools in Sims 4.

Then he mentioned the Cupcake factory, and the entertainer as just some of the many new professions in Sims 4. There is also a new musicians profession that is I guess different than we have thus far - but why it is different I have no clue. Believe me I did not miss a single bit of E3 they showed on Spike Television for the 3 days of E3.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    edited July 2014
    I can't say for sure that I'm getting TS4, but if I do I'm going to have a whale of a good time building houses. The graphics and details are gorgeous. :mrgreen:
    44444.gif
  • AlorapopAlorapop Posts: 903 Member
    edited July 2014
    I am gonna make my celebrity crush. Make Myself. Marry him. have kids. Then I am gonna experiment with the game a lot. No other big plans yet. I just want to see how My sims act. so exciting.
    tumblr_mvvt2iJ33k1slamnjo1_400.gif
    edited July 2014
    I am preparing by i'm going to try and finish a couple projects soon or as soon as I can so I have less going on when TS4 comes out. I play TS2 and TS3 (and possibly TS1 soonish never played it) and make stories and I have several going on right now. Which is fine but i'm going to want to start something with TS4 and I have 2 (out of 5 projects) that are currently going that are pretty temporary, not long-term, so I want to finish those up. And replace them with something for TS4! And maybe TS1 when/if I get it (might get it in August).

I also plan on making a huge list of names! :D
    edited July 2014
    Since this forum could use some more positive vibes...le bump

I really enjoy hearing everyone's plans and ideas! :D
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2014
    Last night I thought of another thing I want to see how it plays out that I enjoyed in Sims 2 and tried in Sims 3 which was a big fail because of the Story Progression - was a real homeless story. I had downloaded one with the mean dad, his little girl, and an overgrown trashy lot. I spent many a day keeping a diary in story telling and pictures with my goal to make that little girl eventually find joy in life.

SP made it useless - so that I want to do. Of course I will have to make my own lot and characters. It should be fun after 5 years of not being able to do that.

ETA - I did try it with SP off but the AI still controlled the townies even with no sp to a degree - so I may have the same issue and it still won't be the challenge it was meant to be. I will see anyway.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• UtaDagdaUtaDagda Posts: 1,556 Member
    edited July 2014
    Now I want to make a Sim to marry the masked Sim dude. And have masked children. Heh
    Love The Sims? SIMMERSE YOURSELF. Join our community.
    I gave up singing. Sorry.
    Here have my luchADORE to cheer you up.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
    edited July 2014
    I've played homeless Sims in TS3. I've played homeless teens, homeless YAs, and a homeless YA with a baby-child. I love the challenge. I plan on trying it out with TS4 as well.

@UtaDagda- :lol: lol! Now I see a bunch of masked children running around.
  • Ladyjay09Ladyjay09 Posts: 36 New Member
    edited July 2014
    wickedjr89 wrote:
    Right now I plan on...
    1. Explore ALL of CAS
    2. Make a random Sim and explore/test out the town(s)
    3. Check out Grim, the cow plant, careers etc...
    4. Check out build and buy mode
    5. Find any cheats I can find
    6. Check out the gallery
    7. Get Babs, Ollie, Pancake Bob and his wife, Graham's simself, Andre, Gladys if she is available
    8. Check out all the pre-mades
    9. Share info/pics etc. with other simmers
    10. Check out LP's as they come out
    11. Make a whole bunch of Sims as I mentioned
    12. Start playing with the Goths and have a Goth legacy

Stuff subject to change as appropriate of course :D I can't wait for Simtember!

Can you let me know if you find out a money cheat? Thanks in advance