Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A child interaction I would like to see that'll probably never happen is--

I would really love it if a child sim could become jealous over a new baby sibling! Wouldn't that be adorable?

Or even if the child sim tried getting rid of the baby by putting it on the porch or trying to mail it only to have a neighbor or the mail man bring it back and have the child get in trouble for it XD Probably a little too ridiculous and more than likely never happpen but again, that would be fun to see!

*No mention of pools or toddlers, I mean it! I'm getting pretty sick of that being brought up, allow me to be excited for this ok? Ok*
Keep calm and sim on friend-os!

**Icon image is of my character, drawn for my by fellow artist ^^ I always play out him and his gal's story in the sims, going to be exciting to bring it to the sims 4!**

Comments

• Options
    nyancat23nyancat23 Posts: 60 New Member
    edited June 2014
    That's actually really cute! The Sims 3 kids acted like the baby wasn't even there :D. I would love some sibling rivalry!
  • Options
    AnthonoAnthono Posts: 904 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Wouldn't that be a new emotion rather than an interaction?
  • Options
    Oneice27Oneice27 Posts: 314 Member
    edited June 2014
    nyancat23 wrote:
    That's actually really cute! The Sims 3 kids acted like the baby wasn't even there :D. I would love some sibling rivalry!

So would I >W< Or acted out to get attention!

**Icon image is of my character, drawn for my by fellow artist ^^ I always play out him and his gal's story in the sims, going to be exciting to bring it to the sims 4!**
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Anthono wrote:
    Wouldn't that be a new emotion rather than an interaction?

Well yeah, jealousy, whiiich would lead to an interaction of how the child would react to the baby.

• Options
    GrapefruitdreamsGrapefruitdreams Posts: 59 Member
    edited June 2014
    Sorry, I'm going to mention it, but in a positive light. If they add in toddlers (Which I think they will), I'd really like to see more interactions between kids and toddlers. Even kids and babies. I have no idea why kids couldn't hold babies in The Sims 3. I also hope they can train more skills.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Sorry, I'm going to mention it, but in a positive light. If they add in toddlers (Which I think they will), I'd really like to see more interactions between kids and toddlers. Even kids and babies. I have no idea why kids couldn't hold babies in The Sims 3. I also hope they can train more skills.

I don't mind toddlers being mentioned as long as it's not in the way people have been... make sense? As it "Have a positive thread about something relatively unrelated about toddlers and then start screaming about how there isn't any when it's just supposed to be something fun" That I don't like, so your fine ^^

Anyway, on to the main subject, yeah I agree with you! I loved the peek-a-boo and hug interactions! Half of my screenshots and videos contained the kids hugging the little guys XD

I would love it if the kids could pick up the babies, I could see that being very cute, especially if they struggled a little <3

• Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited June 2014
    Nah...don't think it's okay to promote negative attitude towards babies.
    Just now, in Sims 3, I have triplest and I get soooooooooooooo annoyed when all three of them cry but it calms me down when I see how calmly the parents handle the situation.
    I can't remember if it was in Sims aswell but children kinda got their panties in a twist when one of their parent had a thing going on with anyone else but their other parent. That's enough for me.

That's just my opinion on the subject.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited June 2014
    Oneice27 wrote:
    Or even if the child sim tried getting rid of the baby by putting it on the porch or trying to mail it only to have a neighbor or the mail man bring it back and have the child get in trouble for it XD Probably a little too ridiculous and more than likely never happpen but again, that would be fun to see!

More than ridiculous to hide a baby? Oh.. I don't know... *whistles innocently*
    When I was two my little brother came along. When he got old enough to get around, my playdoh went to the top of the refrigerator where it was never seen again. By the time my youngest brother came around (I was four) - the playdoh I had just got back... ohhh I loved playdoh...

Well, remembering the refrigerator, I would routinely hide my new baby brother behind couch cushions or in a drawer. I was always very careful and never, ever hurt him. And the dog always told on me. :( I didn't get playdoh again until I had kids of my own.

Mailing a sim? Hahahaha, that's priceless, talk about special delivery!! By the way, my brothers still love me!

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Simpkin wrote:
    Just now, in Sims 3, I have triplest and I get soooooooooooooo annoyed when all three of them cry but it calms me down when I see how calmly the parents handle the situation.
    I can't remember if it was in Sims aswell but children kinda got their panties in a twist when one of their parent had a thing going on with anyone else but their other parent. That's enough for me.

I can see your points. I heard about the kids reactions, in a way it makes sense but I can see why it'd be annoying XD

I don't think it's so much negative but rather... mm... don't know how to explain it XD But I think it would be cute to have a child respond more to a baby. Heck I guess what I really really want to see is just more interactions with children and new siblings. Even if they came by the crib to look at them would be nice.

• Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited June 2014
    yeah it's kinda weird that children and babies cannot interact AT ALL.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Oneice27 wrote:

More than ridiculous to hide a baby? Oh.. I don't know... *whistles innocently*
    When I was two my little brother came along. When he got old enough to get around, my playdoh went to the top of the refrigerator where it was never seen again. By the time my youngest brother came around (I was four) - the playdoh I had just got back... ohhh I loved playdoh...

Well, remembering the refrigerator, I would routinely hide my new baby brother behind couch cushions or in a drawer. I was always very careful and never, ever hurt him. And the dog always told on me. :( I didn't get playdoh again until I had kids of my own.

Mailing a sim? Hahahaha, that's priceless, talk about special delivery!! By the way, my brothers still love me!

XD oh that's awful! Adorable and awful!

XD I know right? I think that would be a neat thing! Oh! and a neighbor reaction! That would be hilarious!

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Simpkin wrote:
    yeah it's kinda weird that children and babies cannot interact AT ALL.

I know! Not even a moodlet!

• Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited June 2014
    I really like this interaction idea. Anything that would give children and babies more to do with each other. After all, Sims 4 is supposed to be all about intelligent, intuitive Sims and to me that means more AWARE Sims.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    snurfles wrote:
    I really like this interaction idea. Anything that would give children and babies more to do with each other. After all, Sims 4 is supposed to be all about intelligent, intuitive Sims and to me that means more AWARE Sims.

I really really hope they do that. Anything to register that there is another member to the family. That's always bugged me!

• Options
    Kail16Kail16 Posts: 3,051 Member
    edited June 2014
    This idea is adorable.
  • Options
    wmissie0925wmissie0925 Posts: 310 Member
    edited June 2014
    I think kids in their first bubble bath is cute. Did that last night with the munchkin and she kept saying,"bubboo bah!", and splashing. Too cute. It would be a fun little addition.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited June 2014
    :D I like this idea of the kids being jealous of the new baby or jealous of each other if one is loved by the parent more than another one. More interactions for kids ect. would be neat.

I do also hope that there is a no jealous trait. I hated the reputation and cheater feelings that kept simmers from being able to date different sims. I'm playing a sim who doesn't have a girlfriend or wife, but already has a cheater reputation. I hope that is changed for Sims 4.
  • Options
    delonarieldelonariel Posts: 615 New Member
    edited June 2014
    I would love to see a teaset for children so they can have tea parties with each other and their teddy bears, or have their parents or grandparents squeeze in around a tiny little table with them.

Of course I'd like more toddler/child interactions too, but I've always felt like there could be more child/adult stuff too. I'm glad they've kept the sofa cuddling at least. Hopefully they'll put in the "read to sleep" from TS3, too that was adorable. The first time I saw it a child's brand new step-father did it automatically and I almost melted.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited June 2014
    Oneice27 wrote:
    I would really love it if a child sim could become jealous over a new baby sibling! Wouldn't that be adorable?
    Yes it would! Never thought of that and it's so realistic. And it could add some funny animations too :lol:
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    delonarieldelonariel Posts: 615 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Simpkin wrote:

I have to agree. Maybe it's selfish but I've just never been able to make my sim-siblings dislike each other. It just makes me really uncomfortable.

In TS2 two toddlers would try to steal bottles from each other though, that was cute.
  • Options
    SilkymoonjSilkymoonj Posts: 11 New Member
    edited June 2014
    I miss the option that had children want to have additions to the family. That was awesome.