Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Same-size teens is either going to be really cool or really annoying

2...Next

Comments

• LinkLink Posts: 76 New Member
    edited June 2014
    IcySlash wrote:
    The only thing that can probably differ Teens from YA are the exclusive per age clothing.

I kinda hope the exact opposite. Yeah, I'd rather teens/adults/elders were different (I'd really rather they looked different) but the one plus about this is that they might get to share clothes. Have you guys seen how forgotten teens and elders are? In the store, there are almost 10x as many clothes for adults as for teens. I have problems now, with all the expansions and a few store items, to find good outfits for my sim teens.

Every cloud has a silver lining, I guess...
  • Oneice27Oneice27 Posts: 314 Member
    edited June 2014
    Indifferent. Not sure if I just have really bad eye sight but I never really noticed the height was different for teen sims until someone told me.
    Keep calm and sim on friend-os!

**Icon image is of my character, drawn for my by fellow artist ^^ I always play out him and his gal's story in the sims, going to be exciting to bring it to the sims 4!**
  • GrapefruitdreamsGrapefruitdreams Posts: 59 Member
    edited June 2014
    Teens won't be in the clubs probably and there are going to be more young adults walking around for sure. If the romantic options aren't there or if you can see their career as being in high school, you know. It does not affect gameplay whatsoever. It's purely a visual thing. I don't love it, but I don't hate it. It's tolerable for me.
  • Charrrlotta18Charrrlotta18 Posts: 126 New Member
    edited June 2014
    I don't have a problem with being able to tell the Sims apart (that doesn't really bother me) and I have been wanting height sliders for ages anyway.

What annoys me most about the teens is the fact that not only is it a huge gap from child to teen anyway (most of us want to see a Preteen age included) it just exacerbates the huge gap between child and teen. So now we have babies who ages at around 1 become 7 year old kids overnight and those same 7/8 year old looking kids turning into sims which look about 18...

Using the word "weird" when introducing TS4 is about the only thing they have done right thus far!
  • SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited June 2014
    It doesn't affect me one way or another how tall the teens are.
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    edited June 2014
    Link wrote:
    IcySlash wrote:
    The only thing that can probably differ Teens from YA are the exclusive per age clothing.

I kinda hope the exact opposite. Yeah, I'd rather teens/adults/elders were different (I'd really rather they looked different) but the one plus about this is that they might get to share clothes. Have you guys seen how forgotten teens and elders are? In the store, there are almost 10x as many clothes for adults as for teens. I have problems now, with all the expansions and a few store items, to find good outfits for my sim teens.

Every cloud has a silver lining, I guess...

^This

I couldn't stand all of the limited clothing options for teens in TS3. It got to the point where I stopped making them in CAS altogether.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • FrostFlowerFrostFlower Posts: 42 New Member
    edited June 2014
    I've been playing "spot the teenager" with all the footage we've seen, and most of the time, I can't tell whether a Sim is supposed to be a teen, YA, or adult. Elders are easy because they have grey hair, but otherwise they don't look much different to me than the other non-child life stages, either.

And to me, that's completely unrealistic, especially for a life simulator game, and especially if these are apparently supposed to be 13-16 year olds. In real life, it is usually pretty dang obvious whether someone is closer to 15 or 24 or 52 or 77. In the Sims 4, most of the time, I honestly cannot see any difference.

Plus, it is just too big a leap from tiny bald babies to adorable 9-year-old-children to adult-sized (and adult-looking) late teens--who will not look much different at 40 than they do at 17.

So yeah, I'm going for "really annoying."
  • PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited June 2014
    Like others said, the only good thing is that they'll be able to share clothes with all the other age categories that are their same height. (I'm assuming.) And hats and shoes and jewelry, too. So maybe it might not be so bad. ...

It'll be annoying having to play a constant game of "Spot The Teen" whenever you're playing the game, though.