Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You can have more traits

http://simsvip.com/2014/06/28/the-sims-4-yep-more-guru-tweets/

"What if I told you that you can actually have more Traits than Sims 3? What you do in CAS isn't the entire game..."
"That's the idea. There's two parts: who you ARE, and who you can become."

Comments

• Options
    ceyricceyric Posts: 1,584 Member
    edited June 2014
    GumPlyr123 wrote:

"What if I told you that you can actually have more Traits than Sims 3? What you do in CAS isn't the entire game..."

That's great, but this answer Grant gave is snarky.
    keep on keepin' on
  • Options
    Simmerfreak44Simmerfreak44 Posts: 1,641 New Member
    edited June 2014
    GumPlyr123 wrote:

I seriously doubt that very much.
  • Options
    GizmonicInstituteGizmonicInstitute Posts: 1,551 New Member
    edited June 2014

" What you do in CAS isn't the entire game..."

How should we know? That's all we've been shown.
  • Options
    kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    edited June 2014

Haha so very true.
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    BadmagicBadmagic Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited June 2014

That's so not fair, they also showed teens through elders looking almost identical, oh, no, hang on.

Well they did show us Hats... erm, wait...

Well, I can say with absolute certainty they showed us how to manipulate the putty faces, you drag with the mouse just like its a slider (Ed. its so totally not a slider though, although it looks just like a hidden slider and functions just like a normal slider and does exactly the same thing as a normal slider it really isn't a slider, honestly take our word for it. signed, EA staff) pulling and pushing the remarkably same putty faces into slightly different putty faces. Oh no, that is just more cas too isn't it.

Never mind.
  • Options
    MoonbarkerMoonbarker Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited June 2014
    But we can't choose more than 3 ourselves.. I like sandbox, not goal-oriented or RPG.
  • Options
    xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    edited June 2014
    You can't select more triats , you can only have 3. Let me guess back to sims 1 again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
  • Options
    IcySlashIcySlash Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited June 2014
    You can't select more triats , you can only have 3. Let me guess back to sims 1 again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TS1 didn't have traits, so it's more like TS2 2.5 ? :lol:
    But then, if i get. You can only choose 3 Traits on CAS and acquire others through Gameplay.
  • Options
    phineas1920phineas1920 Posts: 935 Member
    edited June 2014
    Sounds like a infomercial. What if I told you....the slice-o-matic does more than just slice? *audience applause*
    5fhzzo.jpg
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited June 2014
    Yeah, I heard about that.
    I think it's an interesting feature. I like the idea of part of my sims personality being formed as they live their lives.

You kind of get that in Pets. They get extra traits from training them.
    I kind of do that in University. When they get extra traits, I think back on the life they lived and try to pick traits related to what they have experienced in their life.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    UtaDagdaUtaDagda Posts: 1,556 Member
    edited June 2014
    I actually like this idea better than starting out with every trait you want and never growing....It's more like life.
    Love The Sims? SIMMERSE YOURSELF. Join our community.
    I gave up singing. Sorry.
    Here have my luchADORE to cheer you up.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • Options
    AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hmm... That spiked my interest.
    I want to know more about this. I just hope that they give us more information before the game is out.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • Options
    GrapefruitdreamsGrapefruitdreams Posts: 59 Member
    edited June 2014
    I like this idea. I'm also hoping that traits are more obvious in sims. In The Sims 3, traits really just didn't matter. They honestly did nothing except give annoying idle animations, skill boosts, and occasional good or bad moodlets that were drowned out by my constantly elated sims anyway. I think this is where The Sims 4 can do really well. It'd be nice to see my sims as something but incredibly happy for once.
  • Options
    Red_PentalphaRed_Pentalpha Posts: 24
    edited June 2014
    No proof, no cigar, EA.

But I got to admit, if this is true, and all the possible "good news" I have been seeing today, it is possible we are starting to get info that will make Sims 4 worth $60. Maybe July will be the month we learn about what HAS been added to the game instead of what has been taken away.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    edited June 2014
    Let me make sure I understand this. We pick 3 traits in CAS. And in actual Gameplay we unlock more traits? Like Pets or in University?
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    What kind of extra traits can u aquire? And how do u get them.... Anyone gotten extra's yet?
  • Options
    EsnesNommocEsnesNommoc Posts: 1,243 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    What kind of extra traits can u aquire? And how do u get them.... Anyone gotten extra's yet?

Reward Traits from Aspirations and Store Traits. :)
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    But can you earn any traits? What kind of trait do you get at the end of an aspiration? Can you build any additional traits by doing things? Example... Watching the news on tv
  • Options
    pax1swpax1sw Posts: 654 Member
    But can you earn any traits? What kind of trait do you get at the end of an aspiration? Can you build any additional traits by doing things? Example... Watching the news on tv

You earn special traits from completing Aspirations, other additional traits are purchased in the Rewards Store with Reward Points from completing Whims. My sim Super Smokey has around 47 traits now both from completing Aspirations and buying traits in the Rewards Store (accessed by clicking on your Aspiration icon in the bottom, right-hand corner where all your sim's statistics are).
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Kid aspirations I no understand much the rewards
    In theory those reward traits are to increase skill gain when older at the 4 categories of skills [ence each kid still and asociated aspiration, envovle some older skills]

Fitness skills
    Social skills
    Craft skills
    Brain skills

What multiplier is applied with kid aspiration reward? 1.2?
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2015
    Problem is I'm not going to play the rpg aspirations, because that isn't what I call The Sims. That is busy work. Secondly those I have been able to buy in the Reward section from just filling whims, don't really stick and or seem to work that well. And the ones they get from 'skill's don't seem to matter or work properly or offer the options in interactions all the time like they should. I can't imagine the pie menus getting any bigger with more EPs. Because half the time things that should have been in the pie menu that the game says we 'earned' from a skill or a required trait don't actually show up to be able to say or do. Imagine if they added more what a failure since these aren't working all that often anyway.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    I mean, com'on. I can't even choose my favorite color or food!
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    Ugh! :# This just makes me even more frustrated with Sims 4. I wish they hadn't messed with the traits.

@ferret9005 I agree. :/
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    pax1sw wrote: »

You earn special traits from completing Aspirations, other additional traits are purchased in the Rewards Store with Reward Points from completing Whims. My sim Super Smokey has around 47 traits now both from completing Aspirations and buying traits in the Rewards Store (accessed by clicking on your Aspiration icon in the bottom, right-hand corner where all your sim's statistics are).

Where do the newly aquired traits show up to view?
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    pax1sw wrote: »

Where do the newly aquired traits show up to view?

at simology with other traits
    My twins actually have more traits than TS3 basegame

Celina has 9 and Celeste has 7

Interesting about gained traits and clonning

Andrea and Ane [clones of Celina and Celeste] have same purchased traits than her respective original, but no traits gained by completing aspiration