Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Disappointed NO toddlers in the base? Here's an Idea

What about an expansion pack that adds and is dedicated to toddlers and pre-teens?

Added interactions for toddlers: learning, to walk, talk, play with toys, piggy back rides, swim in kiddie pools.

Pre-teens:

Go through some emotional periods, but still act childish and annoying. They go through the typical challenges of middle school. Cliche cliques groups such as, the jocks, snobby popular girls, game nerds, skaters, smart geeks, the one class clown kid, comic nerds, emos, bullies, band geeks, drama/acting group, prep/rich kids, the hipsters/cool group or customize your own personality or be normal. Lunch food HORRID!! . They can play instruments!!! Acne Horror!!! Can babysit their younger siblings or other sim's children or do dog walking jobs, they can skateboard, Idolize celebrities, read tween magazines, dirt bike, video game contests, do pranks in school, watch or do school fights, lunch fights, passing notes in school, have puppy crushes, slumber parties, spin the bottle (just a simple kiss), spread rumors, form actual bands (singer, drums, guitar), Sneak and watch rated R scary movies, etc.

Some other expansion pack ideas
-Open for business (just like TS2) No rabbit holes!!!

-School and Clubs
No Rabbit holes!!!!- Make your own schools (pre-school, elementary school, middle school High school). Have the option to make it private or public. If it's private you can set up the tuition cost. Hire teachers, lunch ladies/gents, a principal to run the school. Actually join clubs: scouting, cheerleading, soccer, basketball, ballet, newspaper, fishing, art, photography, football, baseball, swimming, etc. You get different options of interaction with your sims in clubs. For school it would be the same, except you can actually see them other than the stupid concrete.

Have any Ideas??? Or to add??

Comments

• Options
    simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hi there,

Other people have had that idea and it's not flown well. People are tired of xpansion packs costing $30.00 for things that they feel should have been in the base game. Especially when the base game's going to cost at least $60.00.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Gothlove24Gothlove24 Posts: 244 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Thats a great idea acutally,I would also add a Middle-Aged Adult stage in between Adult and Elder,We could have a Life Stage expansion pack or something like Generations.
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited June 2014
    Good ideas, but I don't think we should have to shell out further money for something just to take it up to the same level as much older base games from the same franchise.
  • Options
    superpurple1superpurple1 Posts: 187 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hi there,

Other people have had that idea and it's not flown well. People are tired of xpansion packs costing $30.00 for things that they feel should have been in the base game. Especially when the base game's going to cost at least $60.00.

Yeah I guess so, but maybe they might add a pre teen stage along with toddlers
  • Options
    LovenVincentLovenVincent Posts: 1,222 Member
    edited June 2014
    So thats one positive post so far.

For me,i think those are good ideas :) thank you for the time and dedication.
    0sig_YunaTidus_animated.gif

Origin: Damian_Nyx
  • Options
    superpurple1superpurple1 Posts: 187 Member
    edited June 2014
    So thats one positive post so far.

For me,i think those are good ideas :) thank you for the time and dedication.

You're welcome. Thanks for reading.
  • Options
    GrapefruitdreamsGrapefruitdreams Posts: 59 Member
    edited June 2014
    It sounds like it would be a really fun expansion. :D I've always wanted pre-teens in my game.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited June 2014
    They actually should. :D

They should focus on giving more depth and enjoyment for raising toddlers, and they should also add shorter pre-teens since teens are so tall.

This could be a generations type EP that fleshes out and gives more depth and distinction to the life stages.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    edited June 2014
    Pre-teens:

Go through some emotional periods, but still act childish and annoying. They go through the typical challenges of middle school. Cliche cliques groups such as, the jocks, snobby popular girls, game nerds, skaters, smart geeks, the one class clown kid, comic nerds, emos, bullies, band geeks, drama/acting group, prep/rich kids, the hipsters/cool group or customize your own personality or be normal. Lunch food HORRID!! . They can play instruments!!! Acne Horror!!! Can babysit their younger siblings or other sim's children or do dog walking jobs, they can skateboard, Idolize celebrities, read tween magazines, dirt bike, video game contests, do pranks in school, watch or do school fights, lunch fights, passing notes in school, have puppy crushes, slumber parties, spin the bottle (just a simple kiss), spread rumors, form actual bands (singer, drums, guitar), Sneak and watch rated R scary movies, etc.

pree teen is such a horrible word, don't know why but it really annoys me, it just sounds wrong Aaaarrrgghh :lol::lol::lol:
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited June 2014
    Darkslayer wrote:
    Good ideas, but I don't think we should have to shell out further money for something just to take it up to the same level as much older base games from the same franchise.
    Agreed (again :P )

Not just that, but toddlers being in an EP also has the inherent downside that they won't be expanded on with future EPs, nor will the toddler EP add toddlers based interactions to previous EPs. Which means no outerwear with Seasons, no learning to swim with pools, no interactions with Pets, etc.

These are good ideas, OP, I just don't like the idea of toddlers being in an EP in the first place. At the very least, they should patch the toddlers themselves in with just a few basic interactions and clothes (I'm thinking only those that are actually required - as in interactions for needs), then release an EP devoted to expanding on them. That way other EPs can expand on them too.
  • Options
    allisoneg02allisoneg02 Posts: 2,870 Member
    edited June 2014
    2011simone wrote:
    pree teen is such a horrible word, don't know why but it really annoys me, it just sounds wrong Aaaarrrgghh :lol::lol::lol:

I actually prefer preteen over "tween". When I hear tween I want to rip my ears off, literally! LOL

But to the OP I agree. As much of a disappointment as it was when I found out we weren't getting toddlers I decided to reason that hey, at least they aren't throwing them in with limited interactions and clothing choices, hair, etc... Maybe now even if we have to PAY extra toddlers will do all those amazing things we've wished for forever. Hopefully if we continue to express our opinions the gurus and such who work on the expansions WILL deliver what we all are hoping for!
    - Check out my youtube channel and my sims 4 legacy on tumblr-
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • Options
    gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    edited June 2014
    I suggested this in a post that did NOT get a single response! The new life stages could then be patched in but only some of the content, so that the expansion pack serves the purpose of adding LOTS of new content for the new life stages, and some of the others too, things like extra games the whole family could enjoy together etc.
  • Options
    delonarieldelonariel Posts: 615 New Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm not one of those people who dislike EPs. I love them, I'd happily pay for EPs with any new content for TS4, (I know I'd pay ridiculous amounts of money if there was another EP for TS2 or TSM!) but I refuse to pay extra for something that should be in the base game. Just no, not gonna happen.