Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims can't propose engagment while sitting down confirmed

Comments

• Options
    GrapefruitdreamsGrapefruitdreams Posts: 59 Member
    edited June 2014
    This is really what we're complaining about now? Let's at least stick to the big things like toddlers, cast, or pools.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited June 2014
    The sims in TS4 can sit and eat, what else do you want more guys :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Why the delay in releasing the game? Why wait until Sept? They should release it in July itself, the game will be missing many things anyways and whatever polishing and bugs they want to fix they can always patch!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited June 2014
    IcySlash wrote:
    Sucom wrote:
    I like how they (attempt to) lather up the disappointment by giving us a vague "but there are tons of romantic interactions they can do sitting down"!

Sigh.

What on earth would make you sigh about a comment which is telling you there are 'tons' of romantic interactions they can do sitting down?

Isn't that good news? I can't ever think of a time when it has crossed my mind that my husband should have been sitting down when he proposed. I just felt darned grateful that he did!

Exactly

TS3 didn't hardly have any romantic socials sitting down just 3 really unless you count the bed I'm mainly talking the sofa.
    But i'm just done with their small chat like

Customer: is there pools in TS4?
    EA: No, but there's many EMOTIONS! there's many new objects now!
    Customer: is there toddlers in TS4?
    EA: No, but babies have LEGS!! and you can breastfeed them!!
    Customer: is there weather in TS4?
    EA: No, but their EMOTIONS will make them feel like cold, or heated!!

I'm always like: Shut up EA, stop dodging the question and promoting your game when i ask about something you clearly don't have.

No sims game has ever had weather or pets in the base game.

i could be wrong but I think the point that he was trying to make is that they've been dodging questions. The only only thing they've really talked a lot about is emotions and CAS, not much else. With everything they "confirm" to be in the base game a week or a few days later they say "nope sorry not in the game anymore, things change."
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • Options
    IceCreamFeverIceCreamFever Posts: 29 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Oh no! So horrible!
  • Options
    EuanSimEuanSim Posts: 2,345 Member
    edited June 2014
    So much for multitasking, eh?
  • Options
    SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited June 2014
    I have to wonder if people are complaining about absolutely everything because they're so peed off about the loss of CASt, open world, toddlers and whatever else, they've put the shutters down and are refusing to see anything that could possibly be good about the game.

Just one of several possible theories there.

Edit: Maybe it's like outright rebellion here because people have been pushed too far over the edge.
  • Options
    GrapefruitdreamsGrapefruitdreams Posts: 59 Member
    edited June 2014
    Sucom wrote:
    I have to wonder if people are complaining about absolutely everything because they're so peed off about the loss of CASt, open world, toddlers and whatever else, they've put the shutters down and are refusing to see anything that could possibly be good about the game.

Seriously. The list of cons is ridiculous now. Really, all we need are toddlers back and most will be happy.
  • Options
    Pandagirl9449Pandagirl9449 Posts: 911 Member
    edited June 2014
    I am in shock...not the propose sitting down interaction! What's next, the eyebrows? Someone call Sherlock! We're missing eyebrows and sitting down proposals!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Sucom wrote:

Seriously. The list of cons is ridiculous now. Really, all we need are toddlers back and most will be happy.

I know, it's pretty sad that people feel so badly that they just can't come to terms with it at all. I struggled myself with the loss of CASt.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited June 2014
    Sucom wrote:

Edit: Maybe it's like outright rebellion here because people have been pushed too far over the edge.

I have to say that the negativity has become like an iceball. It will get bigger and bigger.
    Did they think that by releasing a one minute video today (& that with lots of parts seen already) they can raise interest again?
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    ColdHearted21ColdHearted21 Posts: 251 Member
    edited June 2014
    THATS IT!! I'm going to wait outside the EA building and the first person who steps out is getting beat with a sack puppies.....lol J/k :mrgreen:

UrMeatisNeat

• Options
    yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited June 2014
    Simguru Azure said they can only propose engagement while standing but went on to say there are
    tons
    and
    tons of romantic interactions while sitting.
    Talk about bipolar game design. Now why does that phrase remind me of the one "...dozens of dozens..." which was associated with a certain diabetes SP? :?

The complete self contradiction of concept in that one sentence alone, is the perfect example of the "quid pro quo" attitude the devs took in marketing TS4.

Except with each twitter leak, they keep taking more and more base game content on their end...... :roll:
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Sucom wrote:

I have to say that the negativity has become like an iceball. It will get bigger and bigger.
    Did they think that by releasing a one minute video today (& that with lots of parts seen already) they can raise interest again?

I agree. It's just so sad. It just goes to show how passionate people are about losing something they love so much. The Sims is obviously a very important aspect of life for many people and they don't want to let it go.
  • Options
    DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    edited June 2014
    Sucom wrote:

I agree. It's just so sad. It just goes to show how passionate people are about losing something they love so much. The Sims is obviously a very important aspect of life for many people and they don't want to let it go.

^ This. That is really what it all boils down to isn't it? We all love this game and want the best we can get out of it.

No, I am not one of those people that expect everything to be in the base game, just the basics.
  • Options
    GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited June 2014
    DarkMirage wrote:
    Sucom wrote:

^ This. That is really what it all boils down to isn't it? We all love this game and want the best we can get out of it.

No, I am not one of those people that expect everything to be in the base game, just the basics.

I agree, all I want is just the basics in the base game so far most of them have been taken out.
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • Options
    ZackgirlAmIZackgirlAmI Posts: 37
    edited June 2014
    Sucom wrote:
    I don't think it will worry me too much if they have to stand up to propose. It's not like I'm going to have them sitting there watching TV and one say to the other 'How about it then? Shall we get married?'. 'Yeah, ok' and then carry on watching TV.

And if they are, for some reason, sitting in a fine restaurant, I won't mind too much if they stand up and move to some romantic location and propose there instead of in a restaurant full of other sims. I can live with that. Sounds good to me :)

Yeah I mean the proposer kneels down anyway. It's tradition.
    Sucom wrote:
    This isn't really a thing I mind. I prefer the kneeling but I know lots who wanted this :(

That's kind of old hat these days though, isn't it (for many, not all!). In fact, when I think about the growing number of people who live together first before marriage (certainly in my own experience of young people in my area) the chances of them sitting watching TV and saying, 'you wanna get married then?' with the reply 'Yeah, why not' isn't so far removed from reality! Lol

That's true too. I know there are plenty of people that aren't traditional. It sucks for them and even though I'd rather do the traditional proposal it is a bad sign that the features will be so primitive.

I ain't surprised at this point which makes me sad. TS4 was supposed to be the game I had been waiting for since TS3 completely disappointed me. Now I gotta wait another 5 years and hope they get things right. Ugh!
    Yeah I hate waiting. That's the thing yes Pets and all that wasn't included in the base game. I understand that but the right thing to do would be to not make us wait for an expansion for something so prevalent in our world (if it was unicorns I understand not including it but everyone either has a dog or a cat or knows someone who has a dog or a cat)
    DarkMirage wrote:
    Sucom wrote:

I agree, all I want is just the basics in the base game so far most of them have been taken out.

That's the worst part of it all. If it doesn't include basics then what's the point. Obviously yeah some people would say it's just a computer program but come on reality sucks enough so it's important to have as much fun activities as we can.

• Options
    usualsuspectusualsuspect Posts: 76 Member
    edited June 2014
    I am totally confused ... in which Sims game is proposing while sitting at a table base game content?
  • Options
    SadieD123SadieD123 Posts: 1,317 Member
    edited June 2014
    I am totally confused ... in which Sims game is proposing while sitting at a table base game content?

Sims 2.
    275f503fc4c6c8ef197baeea76ebe0f91373200482_full_zpscc1a19512.gif
  • Options
    JustMe123JustMe123 Posts: 160 Member
    edited June 2014
    DarkMirage wrote:
    I no longer have any expectations for this game, so no biggie. I'm sure it will be stripped down to the bare necessities.

Yep. :D
  • Options
    ZackgirlAmIZackgirlAmI Posts: 37
    edited June 2014
    JustMe123 wrote:
    DarkMirage wrote:
    I no longer have any expectations for this game, so no biggie. I'm sure it will be stripped down to the bare necessities.

Yep. :D

I guess I don't really have any expectations either but I still hope for the best even though this is EA so it won't make it any less disappointing if it turns out they get rid of so much of good stuff.
  • Options
    usualsuspectusualsuspect Posts: 76 Member
    edited June 2014
    SadieD123 wrote:

Sims 2.

Just to clarify ... this option came with the base game of Sims 2 ... and was not an add-on with Nightlife?
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited June 2014
    Sucom wrote:
    I like how they (attempt to) lather up the disappointment by giving us a vague "but there are tons of romantic interactions they can do sitting down"!

Sigh.

What on earth would make you sigh about a comment which is telling you there are 'tons' of romantic interactions they can do sitting down?

Isn't that good news? I can't ever think of a time when it has crossed my mind that my husband should have been sitting down when he proposed. I just felt darned grateful that he did!
    This.
    Sucom wrote:
    Moonbarker wrote:
    Wait, does this mean sims can't do dinner proposals like in Sims 2??? Wow... just wow. BIG disappointment.

I wasn't aware that Sims 4 was a Sims 2 remake!
    And this.
    This is really what we're complaining about now? Let's at least stick to the big things like toddlers, cast, or pools.
    And this.
    SadieD123 wrote:

Sims 2.

Just to clarify ... this option came with the base game of Sims 2 ... and was not an add-on with Nightlife?
    According to Google: yes.
    So this appears to be a lot of fuss about nothing.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    HotAgentHatty2HotAgentHatty2 Posts: 50 Member
    edited June 2014
    chider1234 wrote:
    I literally have no more expectations for this game.
    I am so with you. All this confirming, deconfirming has really taken a toll on me and I am on the fence about buying TS4. I want to love it, but they've kept so much out of it. :thumbdown: :(
  • Options
    LovenVincentLovenVincent Posts: 1,222 Member
    edited June 2014
    Alot of disappointment for a game that is new and many keep claiming it should be based on the others in the series. so in a sense people are letting them selves down.

As far as the information goes,how many people even used the sitting down proposal in the sims 2? because i personally didnt. i liked the bended knee version better and you needed to do that standing up.

I personally feel this is good news. does it mean they wont have a bended knee proposal? of course not. it could also mean that they are focusing strictly on how proposals should be,which is standing up and getting on one knee.

In real life,what real man does it sitting down anyway? i personally feel that if a man is going to propose then he needs to do it right.

but i am sorry so many are disappointed with this news. i wish you all luck and hope you get some good news soon.
    0sig_YunaTidus_animated.gif

Origin: Damian_Nyx
  • Options
    AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited June 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    I guess this means no proposals during dinner at a fine restaurant. :cry:

Well it's not the end. I believe that will be added in a dating expansion pack or patch.

:thumbup: