Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tyntesfield WIP Project - Completed! DL link on page 1

FischioFischio Posts: 319 Member
edited August 2014 in The Sims 3 Builders
Hi simmers!

I wanted to share with everyone my current WIP, which is a recreation of the 19th century English manor house named Tyntesfield. The house is a beautiful country manor in the victorian gothic revival style so lots of turrets and painful looking spiky things all over the place. It even has it's own chapel :D As soon as I saw the mini church I knew I had to build it :mrgreen: Below are a few pictures of the building:

2011_1030sund3010110008.jpg"width=640"

You can find the completed lot here on the TS3 exchange:

Download Link

Latest WIP pic:

Screenshot-294.jpg

tyntesfield_bristol_nt2011_816x612.jpg

13834517.jpg

I actually started this project over 2 years ago, but it died along with the unfortunate hdd that housed it :cry: But now I'm gonna give it another go \o/ and hopefully make it even better. As of right now I have the very basic shell complete so just 4 walls and a roof... :roll: (disregard color scheme atm)

Screenshot-177.jpg

Screenshot-176.jpg

As you can see my tester sim named House Tester...haha...doesn't have much to do so he's hanging out with his Siberian Husky named Bandit. I do care more about my pet sims so they get better names :mrgreen:

Screenshot-174.jpg

Another bandit pic since he's more interesting than the house right now :wink:

Screenshot-175.jpg

I'll update as the project evolves and comments suggestions are welcome!
Post edited by Fischio on

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,575 Member
    edited June 2014
    The real life manor home is very nice! I will enjoy seeing the updates of your progress on your WIP :) The shell looks great!
    Your tester's huskie dog is very nice! Enjoy working on your build! :)
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited June 2014
    Another fantastic WIP! :D Great roof work! Everything looks so symmetrical! Looking forward to more pics. :D
  • saitouamysaitouamy Posts: 1,104 Member
    edited June 2014
    I love it's elegant shape! Those roof are so beautiful. Screenshot of House tester and Bandit looks wonderful too! Looking forward to see both of castle WIP and how Bandit spend his day, hehe :)
  • sherrylynn8779sherrylynn8779 Posts: 2,102 Member
    edited June 2014
    LOL, House Tester! I love it! My sim is Missy Tester, I almost named her Missus, but thought that was too...idk... she will never be married, so it was unfortunately thrown out as a name. Maybe I should have named her Spinster. ahahahaha!

I LOVE your build, Fischio! I can't wait to see it through all it's stages!
    My Twitter:: My Facebook:: Gallery Name: sherry_lynn1979
  • FischioFischio Posts: 319 Member
    edited June 2014
    @rosemow: Thank you rose! I'm thrilled to have your input and look forward to what you think of the build as the project progresses :D

@yanti68: Thanks! It might look symmetrical now with the clean walls and roofing, but just wait I'll be asymmetricalizing the heck out of it :D

@saitouamy: Thank you :D I have something useful to share below that doubles as a new dog house for Bandit ;)

@sherrylynn: Thanks! lol I wanted to call him torture victim number 10, but House had a nicer ring to it :mrgreen:

I don't have too much in the way of an update, but I did want to dedicate a post to sharing a small tutorial on making decorative gables using cfe. I came up with this idea years ago in sims 2 when building Schloss Neuschwanstein. You can see what I mean in this pic of the roofing I've created for the gate of the castle in the first pic and how I utilized the same thing for my WIP in the second:

snapshot_76038218_3680ebf1.jpg

Screenshot-196.jpg

It looks good on old houses and period estates like Tyntesfield. I'll give a quick run through of the method.

Create your structure making it at least 2 stories and most importantly make it an even numbered width. The reason is to get the gable point with cfe. Using an odd number gives you a squared off top. It's 4 tiles here:

Screenshot-181.jpg

After I activated the cfe cheat, I used stairs placed on the flat roof to drop the floor tile down a distance equal to 3 mouse clicks using the terrain lowering tool. I then leveled from there to flatten the roof. Repeat this, but don't drop all of the roof down this time leaving a tile or two so you can get something like this:

Screenshot-184.jpg

We'll place the roof next but we need it flat to do so or it won't place so level a small portion of the floor like below:

Screenshot-187.jpg

Place the gabled roof, but not on the last back and front tiles or it will clip through the decorative fencing.

Screenshot-188.jpg

Then level from the front or back edge to get that middle section raised up again since the roof is now in place. To get the gable point simply go down a level and drag a wall down the middle:

Screenshot-189.jpg

Add the fencing on the gable and connect them on the top if you'd like to complete the roof:

Screenshot-191.jpg

Have a look at Bandit's brand new dog house:

Screenshot-192.jpg

Bandit is chuffed with his new diggs. House (my tester sim) gets to sleep outside of course.

Screenshot-197.jpg

Awww wandit wans wis welly wubbed <3 Bandit is much more important he tests if everything is chewable while House just sits on everything and burns waffles.

Screenshot-195.jpg

Oh look House grew another arm...looks likes somebody's feeling left out and wants attention...however useful they may be growing mutant limbs won't work Mr. House. I only have eyes for Bandit

Screenshot-199.jpg"width=400""heigth=400"
    edited June 2014
    I am now officially bookmarking this page, first for the tutorial, next because Bandit is one hunka hunka burning love! I think he is absolutely adorable! :D What in the heck, House? Seriously you need to lop that sucker off, it is creeeping me out and it won't help with the ladies either. QUIT burning the WAFFLES! :P

-I am feeling quite goofy... I am off to iron my husband's clothes now so he go to an interview... crossing my fingers that he gets it! :D
    edited June 2014
    I am now officially bookmarking this page, first for the tutorial, next because Bandit is one hunka hunka burning love! I think he is absolutely adorable! :D What in the heck, House? Seriously you need to lop that sucker off, it is creeeping me out and it won't help with the ladies either. QUIT burning the WAFFLES! :P

-I am feeling quite goofy... I am off to iron my husband's clothes now so he go to an interview... crossing my fingers that he gets it! :D

You never know, House might get hitched even with the extra appendages. I was thinking of naming the kids things like Kitchen, Bathroom, Dining Room, Pool, Toilet...all with the last name Tester so you get the idea :D

I had a strange mental picture of you burning your husbands clothes when reading. My mental streams must have gotten crossed :XD: GL to your huz!!
    edited June 2014
    Your tutorial is great! :) It is very helpful! Thankyou very much for sharing it with us.The new building looks great! Very creatively designed and done!
    edited June 2014
    Well, I didn't burn his clothes, thank the stars! But, I had to redo creases several times because my daughter kept bugging me. It is one of my biggest peeves to have lopsided creases. LOL

I am seriously giggling over the kid's names! Poor Toilet Tester, how is ever going to live down that name? HAHA!

Thank you for sending GL his way!
  • duyguugudurduyguugudur Posts: 2,684 Member
    edited June 2014
    Good day, it looks really good! Waow!
    Waiting the time of finish! :)

Also tutorial looks good,will try it when i have time! Question, did u use a fence for roof decoration? :oops:
    edited June 2014
    Very useful tutorial! :D Thanks for sharing Fischio! Bookmarking this thread! :thumbup: One question, I just wanted to know whether using extensive CFE makes your lot/build/game unstable and that sims have routing issues?
    edited June 2014
    @rosemow: Thanks :mrgreen:

@Sherrylynn: I would also think there would be strange looks when somebody in the house said they needed to use/clean/unclog the Toilet :lol:

@duyguugudur: Thank you dayguugudur! Yes, you can use any type of fencing to do this or even half walls which you can color as you like so you can get really creative :D

@yanti: Thanks! To my knowledge I've never experienced instability or routing issues caused by cfe. I have my tester walk all over the place and they always can get to where I point them. Any problems I've ever had are cc related :roll:

• MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    edited June 2014
    Wow :shock: I am going to love watching this lot develop! Excellent tutorial it will definitely come in handy!
  • 6020906060209060 Posts: 433 Member
    edited June 2014
    Just a tip: Please, please use another roof color! This one looks weird... neo-gothic mansion with hay roof...! :) btw really nice thread!
    edited June 2014
    @MeaganJo: TY!! :D

@60209060: Thanks. I guess I should have mentioned that I didn't do the color scheme yet :oops: I simply picked that one so everything would be plain and neutral. I like working with a blank canvas :wink:
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited June 2014
    This is looking amazing already! I am so excited to follow your progress here. The dog house made me smile :D

The husky is adorable :mrgreen: Did you make him? I am terrible with pets but my friend kindly made me a husky for my legacy family :mrgreen:

Really great to see your tutorial too! I usually use a kind of 'construction tower' thing off to the side when I'm doing cfe work, so it's interesting to see someone working in a different way :) And I really love how you've used the columns and pedestals.

It's so wonderful to have a look at your TS2 build too. What a stunner! Is there somewhere I could see more of that? I never did any building in TS2 so I am intrigued :)
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
    edited June 2014
    Fischio wrote:
    @MeaganJo: TY!! :D

@60209060: Thanks. I guess I should have mentioned that I didn't do the color scheme yet :oops: I simply picked that one so everything would be plain and neutral. I like working with a blank canvas :wink:

Well that is a great trick! I usually add everything - furniture and colours, walls and floors - in the way they will look at the end of the process. I guess your way is much better. Thanks!
    edited June 2014
    @GreenCats: Yes I made Bandit. I'm terrible at making sims, but pets I can do :mrgreen: Using stairs saves a lot of time with cfe. A simple way to lower a level 3 clicks at a time. I use stairs for measuring height as well since I don't trust the terrain tools. As for the castle, it's been gone for ages, but I still have a few pics

snapshot_76038218_7680ed15.jpg

snapshot_76038218_b680ed8e.jpg

snapshot_76038218_f680eddd.jpg

The tallest tower in the third pic is over 10 stories I think...we get 3 in sims 4 :roll:.

Update: As of now all the walls are in place and annoying cfe work is done \o/ Here's what it looks like now:

Screenshot-203.jpg

Screenshot-204.jpg

This was the color from 2 years ago, but I think it's a little too drab:

Screenshot-62.jpg

The walls still look a bit too sandy in color so I might increase the saturation to something like my Waddesdon since the RL versions are built with the same stone with that orangey color. I'll be adding more detail work to the facade as well then I'll be on to phase 2 - landscaping.

Sneak peek of one interior room:

Screenshot-202.jpg

I'm looking forward furnishing this one :D

edited June 2014
    I think your older version looks better... but as you said, it's drab. But usually gothic buildings are quite dark and dreary so I don't know... I'm happy that I'm not the man who's creating this :lol:

Have you thought that you could change some part of the roof around the mansion? In real version it looks really cool and makes it to look way more better. Maybe just by using cfe or something...
    edited June 2014
    Your WIP looks so very nice! :) It looks very nice the type of and how you have placed the windows! The roofing looks great! It looks nice how you have done the balconies. The top tower on the roof looks great! It is great to see a sneak peek of the interior of one of the rooms. It looks great how you have done the ceiling!
    The WIP is looking great! :)
    edited June 2014
    Thanks for clearing that up for me! Now I can finally experiment with CFE to my heart's content! :D Your WIP is looking even more gorgeous! The new roof colour suits even more better than the first one! Good choice! :thumbup:
  • MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    edited June 2014
    Both versions are absolutely gorgeous!
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited June 2014
    Yes, I know about the stairs trick - I just rarely do it on the main build itself when I'm making a slope :) Your way is quicker - I always just worry about messing it up :lol:

Your TS2 build looks amazing!! :shock: You make me want to re-install my old games :)

Your Tyntesfield WIP continues to look staggeringly beautiful :) I don't think the old version is drab at all. I like both versions, but I think it's fun that you're doing something slightly different this time, so that you don't feel like you're just trudging through the same steps all over again. The inside is looking great too, especially that lovely ceiling. I'm very excited to see your landscaping and furnishing :mrgreen:
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • KOman123KOman123 Posts: 1,065 Member
    edited June 2014
    :shock: :shock: :shock:

Stunning job! Your style reminds me of Jisgr8!
    edited June 2014
    KOman123 wrote:
    :shock: :shock: :shock:

Stunning job! Your style reminds me of Jisgr8!

Hi Ko! How are you doing? *Waves* :D