Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Confirmed: No social bunny and tragic cown.

Comments

• ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    edited June 2014
    How very disappointing. I was looking forward to the social bunny being in The Sims 4, and had even wrote part of a story around it. Guess that won't be happening... :roll:
  • kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    edited June 2014
    I honestly saw this comming, I mean they mentioned them but they never showed them.

You could say that about pretty much the entire game. :mrgreen:
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • GrapefruitdreamsGrapefruitdreams Posts: 59 Member
    edited June 2014
    I respect that some people wanted these, but these really are the least of the game's issues. I hadn't even seen these easter eggs somehow, so it comes as no surprise to me.
  • IcySlashIcySlash Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited June 2014
    Damienf519 wrote:
    I remember that. I think EA was just toying with us. I think they just thought it would be fun to put those things in the trailer.
    Wow, so funny to put features/stuff long awaited by players on a trailer and then say it's not there 2 months to release. This is just dumb. Guess everyone who had hopes towards those Easter Eggs should give up now. Things change, you know.
  • ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    edited June 2014
    I respect that some people wanted these, but these really are the least of the game's issues. I hadn't even seen these easter eggs somehow, so it comes as no surprise to me.

They pretty much lied to us. After seeing the easter eggs, I pretty much expected the social bunny and tragic clown to be included, and even included the social bunny in one of my planned stories. They shouldn't have included them if we're not going to get them.
  • bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited June 2014
    i dont care if theyre in or out, but WHY reintroduce them to us in those trailer eggs???

this is ridiculous..
  • ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited June 2014
    Who knows what we'll get by Sept 2nd. And it is what it is, so all anyone can do is not buy it.

I think EA is pushing this game toward the tablet set. It's probably too big to run on one, but who knows as tablets get stronger and better. I am not a fan of the cartoony graphics. I've seen better graphics on games that don't need the power. So I doubt it has anything to do with making a game that runs on low end machines.

I think the graphic style was an aesthetic choice. But as I already said, you can't do nothing about that now.

And it's interesting to note, that while the Sims 2 and all it's EPs and SP sold, roughly, twice as much as the Sims 3 and all it's EPs and SP, the base game of the Sims 3 outsold both the base game of Sims 2 and the Original Sims.

So perhaps they are trying to focus on base game sales only.
  • wickedjr89wickedjr89 Posts: 1,777 Member
    edited June 2014
    While i'd have liked them in the game they aren't something I care that much about however what bugs me is basically all the lies. EA doesn't really know how to market do they? If they'd word it differently or whatever it could be ok (Like "maybe" or "we are trying") or just stay silent longer until the game is about to come out to say anything. Yeah the silence would be angering but at least it'd hopefully stop the lies.
  • ClaudiaElzoClaudiaElzo Posts: 1,120 New Member
    edited June 2014
    I saw this post and i thought it was like a bad joke like "you know how they took out a million things well there's even less!!" but its not a joke... Are you fu ck ing kidding me right now!?

I'm not even apologizing for my language this time u.u
  • SumoBSumoB Posts: 1,217 Member
    edited June 2014
    Chimark wrote:
    Who knows what we'll get by Sept 2nd. And it is what it is, so all anyone can do is not buy it.

I think EA is pushing this game toward the tablet set. It's probably too big to run on one, but who knows as tablets get stronger and better. I am not a fan of the cartoony graphics. I've seen better graphics on games that don't need the power. So I doubt it has anything to do with making a game that runs on low end machines.

I think the graphic style was an aesthetic choice. But as I already said, you can't do nothing about that now.

And it's interesting to note, that while the Sims 2 and all it's EPs and SP sold, roughly, twice as much as the Sims 3 and all it's EPs and SP, the base game of the Sims 3 outsold both the base game of Sims 2 and the Original Sims.

So perhaps they are trying to focus on base game sales only.

I'm pretty sure the sims 2 basegame was the game that sold the most, and not the sims 3.
  • SumoBSumoB Posts: 1,217 Member
    edited June 2014
    Ps. You should include "confirmed" in the title, so people will now this is real!
  • SimmeringSoulSimmeringSoul Posts: 159 New Member
    edited June 2014
    wickedjr89 wrote:
    While i'd have liked them in the game they aren't something I care that much about however what bugs me is basically all the lies. EA doesn't really know how to market do they? If they'd word it differently or whatever it could be ok (Like "maybe" or "we are trying") or just stay silent longer until the game is about to come out to say anything. Yeah the silence would be angering but at least it'd hopefully stop the lies.

This is how I feel. It's the dishonesty that gets me down more than the cut content itself. Why is everything so secretive and deceptive? It just feels nasty and leaves a bad taste. I certainly have no intention to buy a game with more holes than swiss cheese, but I'd have been much more receptive if EA had been more open about the game from the beginning.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited June 2014
    Well at last some good news.
    I will be honest if that clown was put back in the game and that social bunny, I would have a hard time buying Sims 4.
    I hated both of them. they ruined my game all the time. I always remember to take his picture down and delete it.
    what wonderful, wonderful, wonderful news to my ears.
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited June 2014
    Honestly I didnt expect either to make it to the game. If toddlers are not there then expect many stuff not to be there.

I hope miss crumblebottom is not a decoration because I want to play her
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited June 2014
    Well, I'm done then. Time to buy a PS4, and move on.

If they removed it because people were afraid of them, it could have been made an option.

How f-ing lame.
    edited June 2014
    >.> this is like a joke is there any confirmation of things being added instead of removed for a freaking change >.> cause honestly next thing we know the game will not come in a box you can just go pick up the disk at a store or just buy it online >.>
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2014
    Best news I have heard. The tragic clown I hated and was a genuine pain and destroyed parties. The social bunny was creepy and made me think of things the insane might see and talk to. So I am glad the most we see of them is in pictures. So that is welcome news.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• SimmeringSoulSimmeringSoul Posts: 159 New Member
    edited June 2014
    >.> this is like a joke is there any confirmation of things being added instead of removed for a freaking change >.> cause honestly next thing we know the game will not come in a box you can just go pick up the disk at a store or just buy it online >.>

We decided that, you know what? Boxes don't really give our players the emotional impact we were going for. So... :wink:
  • KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited June 2014
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Best news I have heard. The tragic clown I hated and was a genuine pain and destroyed parties. The social bunny was creepy and made me think of things the insane might see and talk to. So I am glad the most we see of them is in pictures. So that is welcome news.

See, that what I loved about them, lol. Why hate on people who want them? It could have been an option, then you could have your scripted play, and I could have my lunacy.
  • SpiderCrowWolfSpiderCrowWolf Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited June 2014
    So what exactly what IS in the game? Oh wait new improved emotions. They want all that money for a game and take almost everything out?
  • MoonbarkerMoonbarker Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited June 2014
    I don't really care for either of those to be honest. I do think it's ridiculous that they would advertise both of those in the easter egg trailers and then say that it's not in there. If they don't even know something's gonna be there.. don't say that it is.
    edited June 2014

We decided that, you know what? Boxes don't really give our players the emotional impact we were going for. So... :wink:

I wouldn't be shocked lol who needs boxes anyways XD
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    edited June 2014
    Personally I am relieved both of these are excluded. I didn't like either character. I would be happy if neither returns, ever. Though I do of course hope we get toddlers and pools eventually.

Agreed. This is a plus to me, although probably doesn't matter because I'm fairly certain I won't be buying, at least not until the game's been out quite a while.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited June 2014
    Cinebar wrote:
    :x It just keeps getting better. I thought those were 'implied' in several ways over the last year. :roll:

Deceptive marketing strikes again. :evil:

Yes.
    edited June 2014
    Can't believe this :S like how is this getting release like THAT. I mean like out of respect for their jobs they shouldn't do it. This is horrible I want to buy it I do but now im leaning towards on the fence because its OBVIOUS that the game is not done! I mean should we expect bugs like in TS3 as well >.> so the game can become unplayable in record time. Hell no