Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Three Expansions Do You NOT Want To See In TS4?

Comments

• pixzipixzi Posts: 397 Member
    edited June 2014
    1, World Adventures - Too quest based, boring locations.
    2, Show Time - Bored me so quickly, very repetitive.
    3, Into the future. Rather far fetched, also bored me and put me off playing.

I just don't bother doing anything involving these expansions.
  • Renay94Renay94 Posts: 88 New Member
    edited June 2014
    1. Night Life
    2. Showtime
    3. Into the Future(didn't buy this one but what I've seen it looks..mediocre at best)
  • DerellaDerella Posts: 765 Member
    edited June 2014
    Showtime
    Pets
    Island Paradise
  • moo11xmoo11x Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited June 2014
    Adventures
    Ambitions
    Showtime (never played it but know its rubbish always wanted the Genie though)

What they should include: Free patch for toddlers and pools!!!

• Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    edited June 2014
    1) Showtime - Redo it like Sims 1 and it would be more fun

2) World Adventures - while enjoying many of the new gameplay interactions, would have preferred a Sims1 Vacation(Holiday)/Sims 2 Bon Voyage style of play

3) Supernatural - these should have been included in each EP that was released like Sims 2 (Vampires - NightLife, Witches - Apartment Life)

Don't get me wrong, I love to play with everything. But I think some of them could have been done better. :mrgreen:
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • AP_PepperAP_Pepper Posts: 465 Member
    edited June 2014
    pguida wrote:
    Toddlers & Pools. They should be in a free patch.

Haha! ^

1.World Advenures
    2.Showtime (That was boring)
    3. Into the future. I decided not to get that as I had no interest in it, but it shouldn't return.
  • RAE2786RAE2786 Posts: 683 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Supernatural.
    Into the Future.
    Can't decide on a 3rd one.
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited June 2014
    Honestly I did not like any of the Sims 3 EPs, no EP was defined and with as strong theme even when you compare it with the same EP from TS1 or TS2

I dont want to see:
    - Showtime, Generations, Paradise Island, World Adventure
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • AlabamaStarfiresAlabamaStarfires Posts: 72 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Any Expansion that is celebrity endorsed. No more pop star candy expansions/stuff packs or even real life clothing line expansions/stuff packs.

I have stuff in each expansion that I like and don't like. But I will give it a shot.

University- Unless there is an option to send a Sim to college and keep playing the rest of the household. Like the boarding school thing.

Pets- I like pets we don't have to play as Sims.

World Adventures- I love the idea of vacations but I think it could have been done differently.

For the rest off the top of my head. I hate the Celebrity system (always play with it off). I hate the zombies. Seasons, I know I know, I dislike it. There is more but I can't think of them. It will come to me when I'm in the shower or car or something. :lol:

There are a few I didn't buy like Into the Future. I'm not a new age futurist kinda person. Don't like space stuff either. Dang I'm boring aren't I...lol :P
  • JolvsbooksJolvsbooks Posts: 306 New Member
    edited June 2014
    1: Toddlers - Should be included with base game, or as a free patch. My deal breaker :(
    2 : Into the Future - have had nothing but trouble with this EP since I bought it!
    3: World Adventures - Too questy. Bon Voyage was much better and more fun.

The EPs that I want to see returned ASAP is Seasons and Pets (So looking forward to seeing those angry dogs and depressed cats ;). That might make me reconsider buying this game.
  • McWolfMcWolf Posts: 392 Member
    edited June 2014
    World Adventures, Supernatural, Into the Future, Showtime (Never played Island Paradise, so can't really comment on it. Never played Into the Future either but it's never appealed.)

There are elements I do like from those packs, but the overall handling and theme of them I did not like.

I do want a proper Vacation EP. World Adventures kind of took that away from The Sims 3 and replaced it with some stupid quest based tomb raider nonsense.

Supernatural - I do like playing with creatures every now and again, but preferred it in The Sims 2, where one was added with every EP, and you didn't have tons of creatures running around. I also don't like magic THAT much. Apartment Life magic was ok, and I'd prefer it just to be a side feature like that.

Into the Future - Waaaaaaay too abstract. Nuff said.

Showtime - I did enjoy Superstar from The Sims 1, but Showtime wasn't that great. Especially if you weren't in the neighbourhood that came with it, and you had to try fit concert halls and crap into your neighbourhood. I much preferred the way Sims 1 handled it. You had a LA/Hollywood-esque sub-hood, and the papparazi only occassionally passed your house in that orange bus, but didn't constantly stalk you. Also, Sims becoming celebrities by talking to other celebrities was such nonsense.

Generations - As others have said, this didn't need an entire EP dedicated to it. But since they removed toddlers and now that teens are the same height as adults (meaning we kind of need a tween stage now), this perhaps is a necessary expansion pack.

I don't really think "combining" the staple expansion packs is necessary, because in the past couple of years we've received 3 EPs a year as oppose to 2, so there's more chance of all our favourites being added at some point.

i.e. Pets, Seasons and Vacation should all have their own dedicated expansions.

Business, Nightlife, University and Generations should perhaps be the main focus of expansions with some other good side features, which EA could if they really wanted to have seperate EPs for.

BUT I think...
    Apartments should be included in Nightlife, but functioning like TS2 Apartments rather than TS3 Late Night ones.

Ambitions features should be included in a Business EP, but with running your own Business like in The Sims 2 the main focus.

Island Paradise features like boats and hotels should definitely be included in a Vacation EP.

I wouldn't be too concerned if University and Generations were combined, since I don't think what we've seen in University EPs so far needs a dedicated EP either, especially if it's not open world.

I would say I would like to have a Superstar remake, and maybe a couple of other abstract ones, but definitely near the end of the Sims 4's run when everyday life gets boring haha.
  • Tnck34Tnck34 Posts: 18 Member
    edited June 2014
    supernatural, university and well I guess I only have two, I hated the zombies in supernatural, and I hated how the whole world would glow whenever there was a full moon and your Sims couldn't go outside cause of the zombies and of course that was the one supernatural creature that you could not shut off in the game options. and university, I quite frankly have never cared for the college ones or the young adult stage, I would have probably liked it more if you had the option of either going to university with your sim or staying with the family. you can send your kid off to private school why can't you send your young adult off to college that is real life, in real life the parents don't go to college with the kid. I understand why some people enjoy that, which is why I think you should have the option.
  • Babydoll3133Babydoll3133 Posts: 42 Member
    edited June 2014
    1- Supernatural - Zombies, Vampires and Werewolves. No thanks.
    2 -Into the Future - Great idea, but it could have been better.
    3 -World Adventures - I love the idea of going on vacation, but having to complete tasks was just not my idea of fun. If it were, I'd be playing Zelda and not The Sims.

And generally:
    No expansions or stuff packs based on celebrities -i.e. Katy Perry. :/ The occasional celebrity is ok, like in Sims 1, but nothing centered on one.
    No forced online interactions.

And I hope they don't wait FOREVER to add seasons and pets. :D
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,278 Member
    edited June 2014
    I really don't have any that I don't like as I like all of them. Supernatural, Seasons and Island Paradise are my top favorites. Supernatural because I like the occult life forms in it and I don't mind the zombies as I get a big kick and laugh out of them. Seasons because I like the changing weather and the festivals and holidays. Island Paradise because I like having houseboats and scuba diving... :D

I just don't want to see another celebrity endorsed EP's like the Showtime Katy Perry edition or the Sweet Treats Stuff pack... :(
  • simsfan95173simsfan95173 Posts: 1,004 Member
    edited June 2014
    freetime
    apartment life
    open for business
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    edited June 2014
    I only have one (and another sort of one) to be honest.

Into The future. And that's only because if you're going to do Time Travel, don't half way do it. I think this would have been a brilliant EP if it had incorporated both past and future ideas. Making it future only took out half the ideas that had been in the survey describing it.

So yeah. Time travel in of itself is fine. Future or Past ONLY? Not so much.

I would have said Superstar or Showtime but it looks like with bars in the base game there is not a need for a Nightlife EP. a SS and ST remake combined together could further expand upon some of those ideas of fame, decadence and glitz and glam that are not in the base game.

It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • loosmaloosma Posts: 372 Member
    edited June 2014
    aww sad a lot of people didn't like world adventures *_* that one was my favourite cause I always wanted to be a tomb raider so my sim would go on these epic adventures *_* plus I loved the ~puzzles~ haha

Man now I miss playing it but I hit a glitch with the photography of the locals and I couldn't get passed it and never found a solution DXXXXXXX !!

I definitely don't want to see toddlers and pools added via an EP

but I'm pretty game with any EP if it's creative
  • lilsis3421lilsis3421 Posts: 1,258 New Member
    edited June 2014
    for me i would have to say Into the Future, Showtime, and absolutely NOTHING celebrity endorsed.
  • AbJo129AbJo129 Posts: 376 Member
    edited June 2014
    I don't like supernatural/magic eps generally. I would like to see a more fantasy than horror themed ep. Like elves, dwarves, talking animals and mermaids would be preferable to vampires and zombies for me.

WA was poor. It was like what Tomb Raider would have been if the planning meeting was 5 minutes long.

Oh and ambitions. Seriously, that was an OFB substitute?!

Basically, if EA have a good idea, I wish they would completely go for it; make it the best I can possibly be. Don't half-a.r.s.e it and slap a massive price tag on it.

P.s. as the post has been a little negative I would like to say that there are lots of eps I really, really loved! :D:D
  • waterspirritwaterspirrit Posts: 21 Member
    edited June 2014
    Showtime: Should have been included in ambitions.
    Bon voyage: It wasn't fun to do the same thing you did at home in another location.
    Apartment life: the apartment while more plentiful then in the Sims 3 cost more to live in then just buying a house for your sims.
  • M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
    edited June 2014
    My hates for TS4 ATM...

:!: (please don't get mad at me for my unconventional list, it's just my opinion) :!:

3rd
    Showtime
    For some reason it really feels like a half-baked pie to me. Just a few new careers, a kinda small town and a bunch of some social features seems to be the mere core to me.

2nd
    Late Night
    My biggest reason for not liking this ep is vampires. I don't like vampires by myself already, but EA somehow made them far too 'overpowered', which made them even more boring to me. Also ain't a fan of wild nightlife, and the celebrity overload also seems like a hell to me...

1st (where the most shocking stuff comes in...)
    Seasons
    It has never appealed to me. I only once played with this expansion pack at a cousin, and my experiences due to it were bad. Only boring rain so my Sims couldn't do anything, and when the thunder came in, I nearly got a heart attack of the hard noise. :( I wouldn't try that again, even not for all the gold in the world... :(
    Banner.png
  • ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    edited June 2014
    In order to make smart choices so we don't loose content (items and such that are considered PC in the store); and can increase gameplay and enrichment (EP style coding); then I'd have to say I'd hate to see the following make a return...

1) Generations. Please. lol
    2) Ambitions. The careers were cool, but I find that to be one of the least used EP's, because their so glitchy when switching households, and I like doing so. Regular jobs, not so much. Despite that, the theme I feel like was just a way of "taking your Sims to work" EP that really didn't live up to it. It was cute for 3, but leave it out. Add careers to EP's as you go that reflect that theme (Vet for Pets, Meteorologist for Seasons, etc)
    3) Into The Future. While I can't wait to get my hands on this and play soon, (been saving it to hold me over till 4 is ready) I liked what it turned out to be, but I'm not interested in seeing it again. I'd rather see it taken to another level "Space" - and then blend the best of both ideas.

My top 3 must haves: I think Seasons should be first. A blend of Showtime/Superstar/LateNight - because I think we're getting some LN stuff in the base game. It's clear, so an EP on it? No thanks. Gotta have Pets. I really thought they'd learn and put pets in a base game. But they couldn't fit in toddlers, so I don't know. This will be the FOURTH Pets EP. It's old and tired. Sims 3 made them Sims; add them as such "The Sims 4".
  • alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    edited June 2014
    Supernatural and World adventures and Into The Future and Ambitions
    p6tqefj
  • saranel81saranel81 Posts: 138 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Totally subjective, because different tastes and all. But it's interesting to see what people don't want to get in an EP again. I've always liked to see how other people play.

For me:

1. Supernatural. This includes magic and anything like vampires, werewolves, and zombies. I'm just not interested. I used to be a huge supernatural-fantasy fan, but I guess I grew out of it? I dunno, it's just not what I want to play. And definitely no to a magic university. Not for me.

2. Anything celebrity related. Whether it's a specific celebrity (just, no) or making Sims celebrities, I don't want it.

3. Into the Future. I am not a fan of time travel when I watch movies or TV shows, so it's not something I want in my game. It just doesn't work.

Also, I hate the Sims 3 Pets expansion. Why are pets so needy and boring? But I'd love to see an improved pets expansion where I don't have to spend 8 Sim hours a day entertaining the cat. My Sims already have jobs, thank you.

Although, it might be fun having a Sim work for Confuse-A-Cat.
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited June 2014
    I've found something to like in all of the expansions so far :) I am a builder so I'm usually able to find a use for everything.

The only EP that I didn't really like the actual main concept behind was the TS3 ITF EP, because time travel gets on my nerves. But it's not my least favourite EP by a long shot, and I love all the ultramodern content :)

I did think that LN & ST should have been combined, or at least better integrated with one another, but I would like to see some of the features from both of them return in future games.

I also didn't enjoy the professions in Ambitions very much, but I thought that was an issue with execution rather than the concept itself. They could have made it better. For example, if the architecture career had been tied to an improved story progression - so if a couple were expecting a baby you might get a call to come and create a nursery for them, I think I would have liked that. It would have been a fun way of staying connected to the whole town. I build all the houses in my towns, and I didn't appreciate getting calls to come and tear down my handiwork because suddenly everyone wants a gym.
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com