Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GC's Barnacle Bay Makeover *Closed*

Comments

• YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited June 2014
    Looks great :thumbup: And I agree adding clutter is a wonderful thing!
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited June 2014
    Thanks guys :)

I was too tired to build yesterday and I'm busy today, but last night I did put together a family tree, showing the relationships between the sims already in the town.

I will add more and more sims to this as I build houses for them and move them in. You can click the image to view a larger version.

(NB: Ty's mum Annie is included even though I haven't started building her house yet, just because leaving her out would have made a big hole in the tree.)

TREE1.png"width=640"
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited June 2014
    Wow, I love how you've done the Family Tree! I always love a good ol' family tree with lots of branches and so on. Are these Sims you've made or Sims premade in the town, or Sims premade in the town that you've given a makeover? :mrgreen:
    edited June 2014
    Thanks, YJ! These are all sims for my Barnacle Bay makeover. I have 40 households basically ready to go, but these are just the sims I've actually moved in so far who are related to one another - 2 households, plus some ghosts.

When the tree is completed it will have over 100 sims on it, all related to one another in complicated ways! I have a full draft of it over at familyecho.com. As I build their houses and move them into my new version of BB, I'm adding them to this neater version.

Odessa, Rhoda, Sherman, & Cirino are EA premades I gave total genetic overhauls in CAS - Rhoda and Sherman are from Riverview, Odessa is from Barnacle Bay, and Cirino starts as an unborn baby when you first load up Isla Paradiso. Hailey was born in game to original sims of mine (she's actually the daughter of my versions of some characters from Firefly, but I haven't shared them because I'm pretty bad at look-a-likes!) All the others were born in game to the parents shown on the tree :D
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Illyianna2005Illyianna2005 Posts: 895 Member
    edited June 2014
    Your BB is coming a long as great as ever and it's nice to see a family tree. I don't know if you can help or not but do you remember where you got your Everyday outfit for Tamsen Riggins Shue? When I put her into my game it was the only outfit that didn't come into the game and I couldn't find it, makes me wonder if I'm missing a store set.
    edited June 2014
    Is it this, from the Russia set?

Thumbnail_300x300.png
    edited June 2014
    Just a super quick update this evening, as I've been working most of the day.

Some further kitchen clutter and a newly painted hallway beyond.
    Screenshot-39.jpg

I think I want to change the ceiling colour. I'm finding it a bit dark and oppressive.
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited June 2014
    Love the clutter in the kitchen! Ceiling looks great! It matches well with the furniture and the floor. Love how you have done the family tree too! :thumbup:
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    edited June 2014
    It is great that you have created and posted a family tree picture. :) It is great seeing how they are related to each other in picture form.
    The kitchen looks great ! The added kitchen decor looks nice there. Very nice colour that you have used for the hallway.
  • follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited June 2014
    Great family tree Greencats, I know I have said it before but I am such a big fan of your sims.
    Hugs Folly
    edited June 2014
    Thanks so much guys!

I added some decor to the foyer.
    Screenshot-3-13.jpg

The first of the bathrooms. I'm worried it's a bit '70s :?
    Screenshot-40.jpg

Guest bedroom. It's fairly neutral and uncluttered, the way these guest bedrooms usually are.
    Screenshot-2-16.jpg
    edited June 2014
    I added a dog house to the back garden.
    Screenshot-3-14.jpg

I also gave them a room indoors for their bed, food, and toys.
    Screenshot-41.jpg

Here's an overview of the first floor so far.
    Screenshot-2-17.jpg
    edited June 2014
    Changed the wallpaper in the guest bedroom slighty (plus, wanted to show you a better shot of the artwork).
    Screenshot-2-18.jpg

Also, switched around the artwork in the living room.
    This room is great for parties - lots of floor space, plus these moodlets to keep your guests always happy:
    - Music +10
    - Decorated +40
    - Relic Collection +20
    - Special Fridge +30
    Screenshot-3-15.jpg

I added a TV as well. I figured Ty might enjoy the cooking channel.
    Screenshot-4-15.jpg

Close up of the table spread. I made some spaghetti and omelettes. I won't include them in the upload because they'll start to stink - I just like to get a sense of what the build will look like with sims living & dining in it. The nectar, flower, and glasses will be included though.
    Screenshot-42.jpg
  • sherrylynn8779sherrylynn8779 Posts: 2,102 Member
    edited June 2014
    WOW GC! I love the new updates! And trust me that room is not too 1970's I have mushroom wallpaper in my dining room and ugly dark brown paneling in the living and bedrooms that will attest to that! LOL

Oh and I want to touch the texture of the walls in the foyer! :D

My Twitter:: My Facebook:: Gallery Name: sherry_lynn1979
    edited June 2014
    The artwork on the foyer wall looks very nice! It looks nice on the very nice colour and pattern of the foyer wall. Very nice colours that you have used in the bedroom! Very nice pattern on the walls and on the bed. It looks a nice calming and restful bedroom to sleep in. The pillows placed on the bed give a nice look to the room. The artwork on the wall there looks very nice too! It looks nice how you have placed a teaset on a glass table in the corner of the room. The roses on the bedside tables ate nice touches. Very nice living and dining room! It is great that you have placed a tv there for the sims to enjoy watching. Very nice photo of the dining table with the cooked food on it! It looks great to see how it would look in the game with cooked food on it. The white rose , the nectar and the glasses add very nice touches to the dining table, creating an elegant dining atmosphere. It is great that you have areas for their dog to enjoy spending time in their home. Great outdoors dog house nook, and it looks great how you have created a nook area indoors where their dog can sleep in the basket and enjoy eating some food. The vertical rows of dog themed plates is a great touch.
    Very nice updates of your home :)
    edited June 2014
    I love the red paintings that you have used in the foyer and the pet's area! Outside dog house fits in perfectly! The dining room looks really inviting! All the food is making me hungry! :lol: Great CASing as usual GC! Very inspirational! :thumbup:
    edited June 2014
    WOW GC! I love the new updates! And trust me that room is not too 1970's I have mushroom wallpaper in my dining room and ugly dark brown paneling in the living and bedrooms that will attest to that! LOL

Oh and I want to touch the texture of the walls in the foyer! :D

Haha, oh no! Well I'm sure it still feels like home :) You should see my place - it's a rental that came pre-furnished and nothing matches...or it matches too much.

Thank you! I really like that texture too. I'm trying to explore the paint section a bit more - I'd hardly ever used it before.

rosemow wrote:
    The artwork on the foyer wall looks very nice! It looks nice on the very nice colour and pattern of the foyer wall. Very nice colours that you have used in the bedroom! Very nice pattern on the walls and on the bed. It looks a nice calming and restful bedroom to sleep in. The pillows placed on the bed give a nice look to the room. The artwork on the wall there looks very nice too! It looks nice how you have placed a teaset on a glass table in the corner of the room. The roses on the bedside tables ate nice touches. Very nice living and dining room! It is great that you have placed a tv there for the sims to enjoy watching. Very nice photo of the dining table with the cooked food on it! It looks great to see how it would look in the game with cooked food on it. The white rose , the nectar and the glasses add very nice touches to the dining table, creating an elegant dining atmosphere. It is great that you have areas for their dog to enjoy spending time in their home. Great outdoors dog house nook, and it looks great how you have created a nook area indoors where their dog can sleep in the basket and enjoy eating some food. The vertical rows of dog themed plates is a great touch.
    Very nice updates of your home :)

Rose, you are so sweet. Thank you so much for these kind comments. You always notice everything! :)

yanti68 wrote:
    I love the red paintings that you have used in the foyer and the pet's area! Outside dog house fits in perfectly! The dining room looks really inviting! All the food is making me hungry! :lol: Great CASing as usual GC! Very inspirational! :thumbup:

Thank you yanti! So glad you like the colours. I tried to get the dog house to match the main house :)
    edited June 2014
    I finished the art studio - my favourite room in the house so far :) Downstairs is now finished - four upstairs rooms left to go!

Screenshot-10-8.jpg

Screenshot-11-8.jpg

Screenshot-12-5.jpg

Screenshot-13-5.jpg
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited June 2014
    GC

I want that artstudio in real life... thank you
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    edited June 2014
    Lol, Anette :) Me too...and I can't even paint :lol:
    edited June 2014
    The art studio is very nice! :) The brown wooden wall texture looks very nice! It looks great how you have placed the items on the tables in the corner, and have the computer and chair angled into the corner in the middle of the items to the left and to the right of the computer. Great drafting table nook . The paintings on the walls look nice. Very nice art themed furnishing of the room. It will be a great place for sims to enjoy doing artwork.
  • sherrylynn8779sherrylynn8779 Posts: 2,102 Member
    edited June 2014
    OHH! Lovely art studio! I want one too!

Oh, and no... I've not done any real decorating in my house because I just can't get past that dated look. I have over 1/2 the paper down, because I want to paint.

In my living room, I had begun sanding all the walls so they are ready to receive some kilz and some paint. I just can't talk my husband into letting me refinish the brick fireplace with stacked stone. :( BOO!

This house belongs to my husband's grandmother, who passed some time back. I have been working to remodel it. The main rooms had to be halted to make way for the bathroom remodel, because my husband practically fell through the bathroom wall when he slipped in the tub. Found out we have moisture issues that now we have to fix. Going for FULL scale remodel. LOL

I have not expressed how much I have a love/hate relationship with this house.

Anyhow, I just hijacked your thread, I'm sorry. :(
    My Twitter:: My Facebook:: Gallery Name: sherry_lynn1979
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited June 2014
    GreenCats wrote:
    Lol, Anette :) Me too...and I can't even paint :lol:

well if you can do this in real life... you can be the one to make my artstudio (I can paint) when I get the money that is
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • duyguugudurduyguugudur Posts: 2,684 Member
    edited June 2014
    Oh GC, I am sooo drooling for ur art studio!! Oh can see myself there creating/designing/researching... If i somehow have Barcnacle Bay(heard tt once upon time,for very short period it was free...maybe they will repeat in spring again?) ,i will definitely try to have ur own Barnacle Bay!! :)) I know i am lack of many store items and eps but still will download ur amazing creations!! :)
    edited June 2014
    Your artstudio is delightful! I am just LOVING all the clutter! Makes it look so real! :thumbup: