Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Height - Teens, YA/A, Elders

Comments

• SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited June 2014
    MattjamHo wrote:
    I can't say it bothers me all that much, I hate how teens look in TS3.

What I'd love to see back would be different voice per age. I loved having elders with crotchety old voices and teens would break and get pitchy.

Elders are boring, too - get rid of them. In fact, so are Babies and Children. All we need is the Adult stage, really. I hate it when my Sims waste time showering and going to the bathroom - why don't they get rid of those things? And I never take my Sims to restaurants and nightclubs, so why should anyone else get them? They bore me, so - out! Take out parks, too - there is nothing to do there.

I mean, who cares if this is suppose to be a LIFE SIMULATOR?

In fact all we really need is a box and a blank DVD - let's pay $70 for that!
  • knh330knh330 Posts: 1,593 Member
    edited June 2014
    Has anyone even bothered to ask a Guru on Twitter if teens are the same height as YA/A out of CAS? Besides the constant "no comment" reply, a lot of people are getting answers to things.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited June 2014
    Obviously, they ran out of time. The same way YA were included instead of toddlers is because they just copied everything for Adults. Not having enough time for a different mesh for teens which would require new animation etc. they just used the adult one and copied. Probably added the usual limitation interaction wise and they are done.

They obviously couldn't do this with toddlers and therefore they are out.

Everything you see is just about timing.

Now you will have to chat with a sim before finding out they are under-age :lol:
  • DerellaDerella Posts: 765 Member
    edited June 2014
    knh330 wrote:
    Has anyone even bothered to ask a Guru on Twitter if teens are the same height as YA/A out of CAS? Besides the constant "no comment" reply, a lot of people are getting answers to things.
    I asked Graham twice, but got no response.
  • Freakyteen22Freakyteen22 Posts: 93 Member
    edited June 2014
    I could be wrong, but I seem to recall someone, a guru I think saying there was going to be gradual aging in game? which would explain the lack of height difference and cutting of a life stage.
  • mmoblitzmmoblitz Posts: 479 Member
    edited June 2014
    Cinebar wrote:
    Sucom wrote:
    If having the same height between these age groups means that there is unrestricted clothes choice between the life stages, I can easily live with it.

Not me, because you know one time in TS2 I wanted my adult Sim to meet this cute looking guy behind the register. So, in that game you can talk to the Sims who run the registers etc. I made my Sim talk to him, get to know him, ask him questions and all sorts of interactions. Then I got to something like 'what do you want?' and his answer was to go to college!

In other words he was a teen, named George. I couldn't see it wasn't as tall as my Sim since most males in TS2 are the same size or even an inch or two shorter than the female (illusions by the female hairstyles) all the same size, though really in some camera angles. And he was behind a counter so it was hard for me to see he was a little bit shorter.

I never again had my Sim stalk another Sim without knowing first if they were a teen or not. And I can't play that lack of knowledge in the TS4 even if toddlers were in the game.

You seem to think this is to help 'you' have all the choices of more clothes that will fit all..no it was because this game was an online MMORG about adults or even YAs and they didn't think enough or have the time to take a mixed up scrapped project to actually make them different sizes like in TS2 and TS3. It's not about you, really, it's about them and that should tell you something right there about what the real quality of this game coming from an online MMORPG game that has been gutted to salvage for single player is really going to be like.

Well said! :)
    edited June 2014
    I could be wrong, but I seem to recall someone, a guru I think saying there was going to be gradual aging in game? which would explain the lack of height difference and cutting of a life stage.

They say there wouldn't be gradual aging.
  • 3fansforever3fansforever Posts: 1,421 Member
    edited June 2014
    I noticed this too and I am really annoyed by it.
  • KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    edited June 2014
    Eh doesn't bother me. Teens were too short IMO in TS3 and teens usually are the same height as adults now a days.

Nope. I'm an adult ( :shock: ) and my 18 year old cousin is 1ft taller than me. I'm shorter than my parents, well actually shorter than most of my family...even those that aren't teens yet so :P :wink:
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • Glic2003Glic2003 Posts: 2,933 Member
    edited June 2014
    Posted on MTS:

Originally Posted by SimGuruGraham:
    "Hey folks - just dropping in really quickly. I didn't realize teen height was still being debated; thought it was fairly clear from the pictures and recent videos. Yes the teens are the same height as the adults. They have lighter frames than their adult counterparts, less curvy figures, and a bit more youthful pudge (not pudding ) added to their faces."
    simsig_willwright.gif

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
    -Honeywell
  • menemene Posts: 2,322 Member
    edited June 2014
    So i'm looking for a lighter frame, and youthful pudge (but no pudding faces) Gotchya

*Stares at picture really hard* :shock:

imagejpg1_zpsbe1c3bd1.jpg

Feels like i'm doing a where's waldo at this point

edited June 2014
    mene wrote:
    So i'm looking for a lighter frame, and youthful pudge (but no pudding faces) Gotchya

I'm so confused! The only ones with no figures are the elders and that lady with the green shirt next to the elder... It's soooo hard :cry::cry:
  • RAE2786RAE2786 Posts: 683 New Member
    edited June 2014
    LMAO they all look the same.

Wow EA, just wow.
  • bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited June 2014
    Schweighsr wrote:
    MattjamHo wrote:
    I can't say it bothers me all that much, I hate how teens look in TS3.

What I'd love to see back would be different voice per age. I loved having elders with crotchety old voices and teens would break and get pitchy.

Elders are boring, too - get rid of them. In fact, so are Babies and Children. All we need is the Adult stage, really. I hate it when my Sims waste time showering and going to the bathroom - why don't they get rid of those things? And I never take my Sims to restaurants and nightclubs, so why should anyone else get them? They bore me, so - out! Take out parks, too - there is nothing to do there.

I mean, who cares if this is suppose to be a LIFE SIMULATOR?

In fact all we really need is a box and a blank DVD - let's pay $70 for that!

That escalated excellently. lmao.
    couldnt have said it better myself.
  • DerellaDerella Posts: 765 Member
    edited June 2014
    Glic2003 wrote:
    Posted on MTS:

"Hey folks - just dropping in really quickly. I didn't realize teen height was still being debated; thought it was fairly clear from the pictures and recent videos. Yes the teens are the same height as the adults. They have lighter frames than their adult counterparts, less curvy figures, and a bit more youthful pudge (not pudding ) added to their faces."
    Aaaaand that's the final straw for me.
    edited June 2014
    mene wrote:

The infamous wheres waldo where everyones wearing striped shirts, berets and glasses. -.-
    edited June 2014
    Derella wrote:
    Glic2003 wrote:
    Posted on MTS:

Aaaaand that's the final straw for me.
    Right?
    How dare he say "thought it was fairly clear.." define FAIRLY.
    No, NO; define CLEAR.

Cuz were not idiots, were all looking at these pictures and no, i cant distiguish one sim from the next.
    Sorry that you did your job fairly well.
  • RedMallieRedMallie Posts: 32 Member
    edited June 2014
    Sincerbox wrote:
    I expected The Sims 4 to offer what the previous base game offered and then expand upon it or make it better in some way. Instead we have a game called The Sims 4 which offers less functionality than not only The Sims 3 but The Sims 2 as well. All they can talk about is build tools and CAS. But that is not the game. Those are tools to use to tailor the game. Sure some people only design houses and sims. Maybe that is all they intended to make. They sure haven't shown evidence that this game has any more than that. Worse they leave out an entire life stage and gloss over the teens.

Had they really improved the game over previous generations beyond making better build tools they would have added variable height in all sims. Sure some sims are fat or skinny. Where are the short and tall sims? And I don't live in world where all men and women are the same height. I live in a world where people are all different heights and on average women are shorter than men. Some teens will be taller than their parents and some won't be.

My thoughts exactly about the lack of height options/sliders in TS4. It was bad in TS3 not to have the option to modify height except by using mods (which I am grateful for, but without the appropriate animations, my gaming experience is diminished). I had hoped this would be solved with the completely new platform EA bragged so much about.

The same height for T/YA/A/Es means my stories lack the diversity that having a family of short individuals interacting with one of tall individuals can have, for example.

In my opinion, no height sliders or options is a bad move. Worse, EA did not even try to make this work in TS4, from the very beginning it was: "no height".
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • nateslicenateslice Posts: 1,440 Member
    edited June 2014
    Yeah; this, I have to admit, is pretty weak. Teen through Elder are all the same height, with the same animations. Minor superficial differences (which can mostly be edited away in CAS if you're so inclined) are all that separate these four life stages that account for a vast majority of your sims' lives.
  • pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited June 2014
    nateslice wrote:
    Yeah; this, I have to admit, is pretty weak. Teen through Elder are all the same height, with the same animations. Minor superficial differences (which can mostly be edited away in CAS if you're so inclined) are all that separate these four life stages that account for a vast majority of your sims' lives.

This.
  • nateslicenateslice Posts: 1,440 Member
    edited June 2014
    Yeah, I'm willing to try to defend a lot of the changes we're getting in Sims 4, but on this one, you're on your own, Gurus.
  • GrapefruitdreamsGrapefruitdreams Posts: 59 Member
    edited June 2014
    bosslaydee wrote:
    mene wrote:

The infamous wheres waldo where everyones wearing striped shirts, berets and glasses. -.-
    Not a fan of the same heights, but you're looking in the wrong picture for teens. That picture is all adults and elders. All those characters have been defined as such in trailers. There is a teen in this picture. The-SIMS-4-3-1024x690.png
  • pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited June 2014
    Not a fan of the same heights, but you're looking in the wrong picture for teens. That picture is all adults and elders. All those characters have been defined as such in trailers.

There is clearly a teen girl and perhaps a teen boy.
  • GrapefruitdreamsGrapefruitdreams Posts: 59 Member
    edited June 2014
    pguida wrote:
    Not a fan of the same heights, but you're looking in the wrong picture for teens. That picture is all adults and elders. All those characters have been defined as such in trailers.

There is clearly a teen girl and perhaps a teen boy.
    If you're talking about Chuck and his girlfriend, they seem the most likely to be teens. I'm just assuming he was a young adult in the gameplay trailer. If they are teens though, that makes me happy. They look pretty well defined.
  • nasTdudenasTdude Posts: 95 Member
    edited June 2014
    20b1py0.jpg
    sims 4 disappointing.