The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hold on to Your Wallets Ladies and Gentlmen

So how many of you are holding on to your money this go around? :mrgreen:
It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?

Comments

• Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    edited June 2014
    My toddler is guarding it with a baseball bat.
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited June 2014
    Mine too
  • Options
    Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    edited June 2014
    plopppo wrote:

:lol:

And I'm swimming in my pool :D
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Kamb64 wrote:
    plopppo wrote:

:lol:

And I'm swimming in my pool :D
    :mrgreen: love this :mrgreen:
  • Options
    pandabearroxpandabearrox Posts: 2,295 Member
    edited June 2014
    I will hold on tight, but I took EA's money and gave it to another company.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I will hold on tight, but I took EA's money and gave it to another company.

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    sofie981sofie981 Posts: 486 Member
    edited June 2014
    My toddler just trew my money in the pool, and is keeping me from going in after them (klinging to my leg) And no Npc can help without a lot of loading time :roll:
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited June 2014
    The toddler in my TS3 game isn't smart enough to hold money. He told me to spend money on a smart Sim game.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,441 Member
    edited June 2014
    I don't need to hang onto my wallet. It's intuitive enough to stay away from The Sims 4.
  • Options
    nyancat23nyancat23 Posts: 60 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Am I the only one still buying?, :-o . I feel like the black sheep of the forums :D
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited June 2014
    nyancat23 wrote:
    Am I the only one still buying?, :-o . I feel like the black sheep of the forums :D

No, I'm still buying it as well. And I know a few other people who are still buying it that don't post on this forum because its a warzone.
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    NoeinNoein Posts: 495 Member
    edited June 2014
    nyancat23 wrote:

I'm still buying, but not when it's released. When there's a price drop or a patch, and I've seen some let's plays from real players then maybe. I like a lot of what I've seen and heard. I've gotten over or don't mind some of the things we lost, but I can't really accept no toddlers.
  • Options
    DoritoEvieDoritoEvie Posts: 1,887 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm buying the base just to see how it is. If I don't like it I won't continue.
    tumblr_nbwr2zn6951qhv4h7o8_250.giftumblr_mg2bcqeUgc1rthmb0o1_500.gif

• Options
    janesansiblejanesansible Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Don't do things just because it appears as if everyone else is doing so. If you want to keep your pre-order then keep it. I for one think EA has done wrong and signed the petition to keep toddlers and pools in. If I HAD pre-ordered I would have canceled but again, do what you want to do because you believe its what you want.
  • Options
    rebekah512rebekah512 Posts: 881 Member
    edited June 2014
    I don't need to hang onto my wallet. It's intuitive enough to stay away from The Sims 4.

And tactile. Don't forget tactile. ;)

I do actually like intuitive ui-but because that is apparently the ONLY thing they have to sell, it's being sold a bit hard.
  • Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm sure I'll get it a couple months after it comes out. It's a Sims game so I have to at least try it. But, pay full price? Not gonna happen. With everything we're not getting, it's just not worth the price tag.
  • Options
    belarebelare Posts: 60 Member
    edited June 2014
    I know EA won't be missing me, but it will miss every single simpoint, EA card, Cc, paypal, and mobile transactions I have done for 14 years.
  • Options
    JeanBaby4JeanBaby4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited June 2014
    nyancat23 wrote:

No, I'm still buying it as well. And I know a few other people who are still buying it that don't post on this forum because its a warzone.

I love your signature :)

(oh and I'm also buying it, a lot of people still are;))
  • Options
    Linnyxx17Linnyxx17 Posts: 2,016 Member
    edited June 2014
    Yep still buying it. paid it off yesterday :D
    tumblr_mamn3vZ7sj1rgw3q8o1_500.gif

* <3 Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming Simming Simming, What do you do? YOU SIM SIM SIM!! <3*
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm waiting to purchase it, the first Sims game I am not pre-ordering. I am going to wait till there are reviews out and some actual non-staged gameplay is available to see.

I am in no way going in blind. And after the hype and staged scenes from Sims 3 expansions...I know not to trust any EA employee to be upright honest with the gameplay and their hype.
  • Options
    YazFoxxyYazFoxxy Posts: 1,219 Member
    edited June 2014
    I wish they could take back the pre orders actually. But ya know what doesn't matter because I ain't buying it. Have fun to whoever wants to play a game with too much stuff removed from it.
  • Options
    TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    edited June 2014
    If theres one thing I learned from the Sims 3 - its patience is a true virtue financially and for in-game content.

In a year or two after release, not only will the base game be on sale for $19 but so will the expansions.

Plus much of the content missing from the base game will have been added back in that time.

I will be buying it but I won't be in a rush to buy it...plus I have enough games I've bought from Steam sales to keep me busy for the next couple of years...thats assuming I don't have a social life either lol.....
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,422 Member
    edited June 2014
    I was holding onto my money, but then my honeymoon took some of it. So yeah, if EA won't give me a pool in my sims game, I'll just go to a place with a real one. :)
  • Options
    TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    edited June 2014
    I was holding onto my money, but then my honeymoon took some of it.

I've never understood when people say things like this - I understand that a honeymoon is expensive - but how would $50 make any difference? I mean honeymoons usually cost thousands of dollars if your doing any kind of travel. I just don't see how these two expenses compare - your going to need more then what the Sims 4 costs to go on a honeymoon unless your planning on staying a motel 6....if those even exist anymore lol.
  • Options
    georgiemosesgeorgiemoses Posts: 14 New Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm buying; already pre-ordered. I am, however, quite ****** about toddlers and pools.