Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I raise mood meter for babies & toddlers?

I know that changing their diaper & when they get a full night's sleep it raises their mood. Getting a full night's sleep is very difficult with babies though.

Comments

• JohnbwJohnbw Posts: 12
    edited February 2010
    For babies and toddlers just wait till their energy is pretty low and put them in a crib. They'll sleep by themselves.
  • ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    edited February 2010
    also, put a teddy bear in their inventory. they will get a 'cuddle time' moodlet
  • crazycat6crazycat6 Posts: 76
    edited February 2010
    I didn't know to put a teddy bear in the toddler's inventory. Thanks for that info. About getting the baby & toddler to sleep, I already knew how to do that. It's just that the baby always uses her diaper during the night. My toddler always sleeps through the night.
  • geekgirl101geekgirl101 Posts: 401 Member
    edited June 2014
    If you put the baby in a high chair (don't use "feed in high chair" as sims autonomously feed them standard baby food) click on the high chair to feed it food that's already in the fridge. You need to have a food processor to make the baby food and make sure it's home cooked food. They'll then get a well fed moodlet from eating your food. They won't get any other benefits though like from baked angel cake.

Other things that can help is making friends with them (although this takes a while), moving house, buying new stuff (very temporary moodlet though), and changing their nappy every 6 hours for the squeaky clean buff. Play their favourite music in their room when they're awake.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited June 2014
    Babies are tricky because they have so few interactions available. But in addition to teddy bears, they also respond well to music (when they aren't trying to sleep, that is). You can also raise their moods and your grown sims' relationships with them by taking them for walks in a stroller.

Toddlers are much easier to work with because they like to have fun and can play with toys, watch tv, etc. when they aren't sleeping, eating gourmet baby food, and being taught to talk/walk/potty. And, of course, they can always read to themselves. I believe toddlers can also get the clean clothes moodlets if you do laundry.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited June 2014
    They'll get a positive moodlet from a lit fireplace in the room, and from any incense burning in the room too (from WA).

I generally don't worry about infants, I just have sims tend to their needs when the background of their portrait becomes yellow. With a stuffed bear in their inventory they need social interaction every 8 hours. I just tend to that when necessary. Often that doesn't coincide with when they need a diaper change though.

I pretty much treat toddlers the same, but I make some effort to get all their needs topped off before putting them to bed. I always feed by bottle on the floor though. I've read that feeding toddlers pureed ambrosia will give them a usual ambrosia week long moodlet but not age them back (see here). I haven't done this in the game though.

I think both can get the nicely decorated moodlets from decorative objects. If you have a mad scientist, that sim can perform experiment on the crib which can give the infant/toddler a positive moodlet.
    edited June 2014
    TreyNutz wrote:
    They'll get a positive moodlet from a lit fireplace in the room, and from any incense burning in the room too (from WA).

Oooh, I must send my sim to France and buy one then. She just got a work opportunity to go to France and learn to make Falafel.
    I think both can get the nicely decorated moodlets from decorative objects. If you have a mad scientist, that sim can perform experiment on the crib which can give the infant/toddler a positive moodlet.

The nursery room was decorated that the parents were able to get a buff, but the baby/toddler didn't.
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited June 2014
    The nursery room was decorated that the parents were able to get a buff, but the baby/toddler didn't.

Ok, maybe I was mistaking the beautiful vista moodlet which depends on the lot.

edit: I have incense burners all over the house. You essentially light it once and it burns forever.
  • nateslicenateslice Posts: 1,440 Member
    edited June 2014
    The stuffed bear is also great for quickly filling a toddler's Fun and Social meters. Put it on the floor and tell the kid to play with it, and by the time mom's done with her much needed break to eat, pee and bathe, the kid will be Having A Blast for +40 Mood.
  • A_MomA_Mom Posts: 868 Member
    edited June 2014
    If you give your babies the heavy sleeper trait, you can leave the music on while they sleep and they will get the moodlet all night long. Put it on their favorite music station and you get a +20(?) instead of a +10. (not sure about the exact numbers, but you get the idea)
    edited June 2014
    A_Mom wrote:
    If you give your babies the heavy sleeper trait, you can leave the music on while they sleep and they will get the moodlet all night long. Put it on their favorite music station and you get a +20(?) instead of a +10. (not sure about the exact numbers, but you get the idea)

The exact numbers should depend on the quality of the stereo, but what a good idea. I never thought of using that trait!
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • sassykiwi92sassykiwi92 Posts: 133 Member
    edited June 2014
    Also, some babies are just pains. I had triplets in my game once and I would do a round of basically the same thing for all of them and two of them would be good-elated and then one of them was constantly just "fair". Just couldn't please him!
  • Zoid42071Zoid42071 Posts: 178 Member
    edited June 2014
    Whoops. :oops:
  • ElmawaElmawa Posts: 2,281 Member
    edited June 2014
    goodness...I sure hope that after 4 years this OP has figured out how to care for the lil ones.... lol
    edited June 2014
    Elmawa wrote:
    goodness...I sure hope that after 4 years this OP has figured out how to care for the lil ones.... lol

LOL, oops. Well, maybe they are playing on a super-extreme-epic-long lifespan?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    edited June 2014
    igazor wrote:
    Elmawa wrote:

LOL, oops. Well, maybe they are playing on a super-extreme-epic-long lifespan?

Haha! xD Well the advice is here for others to read since it's the first hit on Google when searching for this.

Anyways, as far as babies go I can't get their happiness any higher than Very Happy. It seems this is as high as it'll go as very little affects them whilst they're babies. They have a teddy and imaginary friend in their inventory for when they sleep, I play their favourite music at all hours on the most expensive stereo system (including when sleeping despite that -10 awoken moodlet since they're getting +30 from music and it doesn't wake them up anyways), changed their nappy at every opportunity for their clean bonus, and I slapped 2 incense burners in their room for good measure. They're now getting free lifetime happiness just lying in their cots, hehe.
  • FloranagirlFloranagirl Posts: 1 New Member
    I know this is super late, but I got my infant Elated, for a few sim hours. I got:

Cozy Fire, (Fireplace)
    Cuddle Time, (Teddy bear)
    Squeaky Clean, (Changed the diaper)
    Eye Candy (From having a mom and dad with eye candy reward)
    Just Like Mom Used to Make (From Store content: Baker's station)

I had the stroll moodlet, but it faded while mom was baking and my babies were sleeping, so no music moodlet.

I haven't tried it, but I suspect if my babies had the 'loves the outdoors' or 'loves the cold/heat' they could get the positive moodlets in the right environment.
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top