Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

AL MEDINA, MOROCCO-- IP Resort Finished!!! Download link included on 1st pg

Comments

• Zach_BundyZach_Bundy Posts: 1,297 Member
    edited May 2014
    Happy to hear it! Try the hidden dungeons if you haven't already.
    edited June 2014
    Hi Everyone! I've finished the IP Resort. Here's the download link:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8269236

There's a few more details in the Creative Corner in the forums as well:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/756239.page
    edited June 2014
    I found out that Al Medina was pirated and put on a Russian website. I'll chalk it up to cultural differences.

I'm surprised at myself for being flattered!
  • Illyianna2005Illyianna2005 Posts: 895 Member
    edited June 2014
    Zach I just stumbled upon this world today and decided to give it a try, I'm really enjoying it so far. Since I liked it so much I decided to try your Moroccan Legacy Challenge and when the family hit 100,000 from farming I'm going to move one of the five kids into your Aventures à travers le Maroc and try that. I'm also thinking of taking another of the five kids once they grow and marrying them off to one of the Royal Family and doing the Royal Rampage with them. I got started on the Moroccan Legacy Challenge earlier today and wanted to share a few images with you.

Here she is moved into the Dead Grove

screenshot2.jpg"width=640"

Here she is working on the Harvest

[img]https://illyiannasblog.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/screenshot-25.jpg "width=640"[/img]

Selling her Harvest

[img]https://illyiannasblog.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/screenshot-32.jpg "width=640"[/img]

Cooking supper after a long day

screenshot-41.jpg"width=640"

Sleeping after a long day and dreaming of babies

screenshot-52.jpg"width=640"

Next day it's back to the Gardening and Selling

[img]https://illyiannasblog.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/screenshot-6.jpg "width=640"[/img]

Time to meet a few locals, he's cute

screenshot-82.jpg"width=640"

Maybe he's her future husband? 0o

screenshot-101.jpg"width=640"

This Sim was made by Imoger and is CC Free, I love Imoger's Sims and GreenCats Sims.
    edited June 2014
    That's cool! I like that how you're playing this world! The way you have it, you're starting out in the most desolate area, then incorporating yourself into the much more luxurious parts.

I think I remember making that sim you met in the market!

I'm excited to see pictures of the kids!
  • chips46chips46 Posts: 3,655 Member
    edited June 2014
    thank you Zach_Bundy for the resort, & love this world lots of site seeing in there.
    a very very big :thumbup:rec :thumbup: :D
  • sharonxyzsharonxyz Posts: 811 Member
    edited June 2014
    Thank you for the resort! Making it as simple as adding a lot is a very nice choice and appreciated.
    edited June 2014
    Thank you both glad you like it!
  • youcrAzy13youcrAzy13 Posts: 213 Member
    edited June 2014
    This world is BEAUTIFUL!!!I cant describe to you how astounded I am like literally my jaw DROPPED by how much detail.
    Always and forever, Alyssa Edwards
    bibbby%20b.gif
    edited June 2014
    I've been playing for a bit now, took me forever to get to the point where she had a good relationship with her future husband.

With Winter not so far away, she moved all her plants inside so they could be harvested all year round

screenshot-61.jpg"width=640"

Once her morning plant tending was taken care of she decided to write a love note

screenshot3.jpg"width=640"

After she headed to the local market to visit with him

screenshot-121.jpg"width=640"

They got to talking

screenshot-162.jpg"width=640"

He taught her one of the local songs

screenshot-241.jpg"width=640"

screenshot-251.jpg"width=640"

They watched the stars together

screenshot-212.jpg"width=640"

It lead to other things

screenshot-231.jpg"width=640"

She invited him back to her place

screenshot-71.jpg"width=640"

An then…

screenshot-83.jpg"width=640"

An now they are going steady

screenshot-331.jpg"width=640"

It took me forever to get them to this point, he was working all the time being one of the local shop owners so she had to go to him every day to build up their relationship, soon she’ll ask him to marry her and a little one will be on the way.

Also being a farmer and only selling plants is not an easy way to make money, I’ve been working on getting all her plants to perfect in hopes of making more money.

I'm also getting some lag now and a lot of stuck Sims from MC as well as random errors, I'm still playing but I'm thinking the Lag is going to keep getting worse as I make my way through the Legacy. :-(

Also I made a spot on My Blog for this challenge, if you click the banner below my name that say's Illyianna's World it will take you to my blog. I don't want to muss up your thread with my Legacy posts so I figured I could just post how I'm progressing on my Blog. If you want me to keep posting my progress here though as well just let me know, I don't mind doing it but I don't want to step on any toes so I figured I'd ask you how you feel about it Zach.
    edited June 2014
    Really great!

About the lag, here's some advice:

1) use the resetsim* cheat
    2) go to the Chaibi home and delete the horses using the testingcheatsenabled true option, then ctrl+click in the horses. Choose delete from the pie menu. The Chaibis live in Amazigh village next to the wall.

I'll be sure to keep myself updated on the blog! I think it's really romantic how she visited his shop every day.
    edited June 2014
    Also, if you want, you could explore the hidden sand dungeon. At the end, there's a room full of life fruit.
    edited June 2014
    I'm still getting lag, I tried all that and it was good for a few seconds and then it started again. I also tried Reset Everything with MC and it worked for a few seconds then again the lag came. I even killed all the Sims in the World as a test and it worked for a second and the lag started again. Every two or three seconds my Sims freeze and it's constant well I'm trying to play.

I was wondering if you could put roads across the desert to Amazigh village? Also is anyone else having Lag?

I have all EP's, SP's and Store content and the only mods I have are Nraas Mods, I'm wondering if one of Nraas Mods are causing the lag for me.
    edited June 2014
    I'm sorry about that!

If it still lags even when there aren't any sims then I don't think that routing issues have anything to do with the lag.

The next thing I would suggest is to check the graphics settings and turn them a bit lower, especially with paying attention to the visible lot setting.

Do you have the overwatch mod? If you do, then it'll catch stuck sims and see exactly where you're having trouble, and if it is due to routing.
    edited June 2014
    screenshot_original.jpg
    edited June 2014
    I was able to fix the Lag Zach, I reinstalled the world and used my Save. I had a blast playing my Legacy all weekend and got to Chapter 5. I also tested out Burnt Waffles Frozen Lighting Mod and I have to say the images look amazing.

h5.jpg"width=640"

h4.jpg"width=640"

ns.jpg"width=640"

ns1.jpg"width=640"
    edited June 2014
    Wow! I love the story about the honeymoon and the wedding at the Majorelle garden. It'll be fun to see what the kids look like when they're doing the second challenge in the foreign quarter.
    edited June 2014
    P.S. I think Adil is a mooch. He used to be a merchant but now he's married so he can't. Maybe he could get some work at the nearby movie studio? He seems handsome enough.

Or maybe you could buy some cheap land somewhere and build a shop there? That might take away from the baby-making time though.
  • JodiRebbyJodiRebby Posts: 1,649 Member
    edited July 2014
    Zach_Bundy wrote:
    Hi Everyone! I've finished the IP Resort. Here's the download link:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8269236

There's a few more details in the Creative Corner in the forums as well:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/756239.page
    Woot yeah! Sorry I wasn't around as much, Zach. I'm off to rec'd and fav'd it and then stop by the Las Palomas thread. :)
    edited July 2014
    It's fine Jodi! I'd be super hypocritical if I said anyone wasn't around enough, especially for things like the hotel and for Las Palomas.

Anyways, I'm proud to say that Al Medina is currently featured on http://www.sims3createaworld.com. If anybody is interested in non-EA sites to visit for looking at worlds, then this website is perfect. Also, when people ask about a catalogue of worlds to peruse, then I will personally give a strong recommendation to this site.
  • JodiRebbyJodiRebby Posts: 1,649 Member
    edited July 2014

Thanks, Zach! Lol guess that just means we're both busy/have other stuff going on. 8)

Congrats on the feature and very well-deserved! :) Al Medina - I love that world; an absolutely divine world! :)
  • youmnaboufaryoumnaboufar Posts: 127 Member
    Well done great pics!
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I'm having a blast playing this world, but I have run into a problem. It's a bit of a peeve really. But I'm getting a lot of routing issues and stuck sims. I'm having to use NRass Overwatch to find all stuck sims and reset them, and a few buildings like the book store, I can't buy books because the sim who works the register is stuck some place and won't show up for work.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

I'm sorry about the routing issues that you're having!
    Zach_Bundy wrote: »
    I'm sorry you're having trouble aviamoldavia!

On my own computer it works well, but I think that for some reason things just work better on the computer they were made with. The world has been thoroughly play-tested though, so let me think about this...

The Amazigh village is probably the most complex area for the routing, although ultimately we got it working.

Try using the testingcheatsenabled true, and resetsim * cheats. This will bring any stuck sims back into their homes, and hopefully they won't get stuck again.

It might be a saving error that causes sims to appear in the wrong areas. I noticed in a different world that one time my dog appeared inside a foundation, and there was no way to get it out.

As for the subway, you DO have to be deliberate when clicking on the subway and routing your sim to work. Otherwise they'll use the dune route.
    Zach_Bundy wrote: »
    Also, deleting the Chaibi family may help, if their horses spawn on the porch.

In addition to this advice, there's just a few more things: In the Moroccan water house (the house across from the supermarket) There are some bunkbeds underground and against a wall. You can either delete the lot or you can go into Edit town and delete the beds.
    Try resetting the sims one more time. Then allow your game to play for a week so that all of the NPC's are in their rightful places. The problem that you might be having is that the game is still setting up who is going where.

The bookstores haven't shown any routing problems before... are you referring to the one in the Central District or in the Amazigh Village Market?
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Thanks for the info, I will do this as well! The book store is in the Central District. But I will definitely do what has been advised when I fire up my game this evening. Thank you for the help! :)
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top