Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Request: The Original Champs Les Sims (World Builders Still Needed)

BZoNFZtCcAAfqZ3.jpg:large

Bonjour! I was wondering if anyone would be interested in recreating the original concept of Champs Les Sims. Now don't get me wrong, I like the version that shipped with the game, but it seems generic compared to Al Simhara & Shang Simla, especially without the instantly-recognizable landmarks which the other two countries have. This was their reasoning for the change:
Ever wondered why the Eiffel Tower and Arc de Triomphe were in World Adventures but didn’t actually appear in France? Take a rare peek at pictures of an early France prototype… We eventually decided having these huge landmarks in a town felt awkward, so we made Champs Les Sims a countryside village on the outskirts of Paris.
Champs_Les_Sims_old_1.jpg
Champs_Les_Sims_old_2.jpg

So much potential! I like the flow that they were going for, and the Eiffel Tower and the Arc de Triomphe don't seem too awkwardly placed, unlike many other worlds I've seen with them. I've always wondered what it would be like to have my sims adventure here instead. But I would like to make sure that all the quests would still work. Luckily, France has the least amount of tombs and I'm hoping that they would all fit here in this version.

I've seen a lot of Paris worlds created by others, but none of them didn't really sit right with me. Most of which were base hoods, which I didn't really want. Some were awkward looking. One of them I saw was a quite realistic replica of Paris, but 70% of it was left unfurnished and it was so huge that my game crashes every time I try to play it.

So if anyone is interested in creating what was meant to be Champs Les Sims, please let me know. I'd do it myself, but I can't stand CAW nor have any idea how to use it, especially when dealing with EA premade worlds. I'd be happy to playtest it to see if the quests still function so it can be a fully functional default replacement (if at all possible.)

Thanks for reading! Au revoir! :)

Comments

• ClayworldClayworld Posts: 1,106 Member
    edited May 2014
    Looks interesting. More than I could manage, but I hope someone takes this idea and goes with it.
  • simsfan95173simsfan95173 Posts: 1,004 Member
    edited June 2014
    bump
  • FuzzySlipers45FuzzySlipers45 Posts: 1,343 Member
    edited June 2014
    Ah, I hope somone takes you up on this! That version of Champs Les Sims looks amazing, I'd download even if it was just a home world and not a vacation world.

I wonder what they meant by flowers shops though, perhaps that was a cut feature?
    edited July 2014
    On a related note, someone over at Mod the Sims has found some leftover EA coding of the Eiffel Tower and made a functional mod out of it! Seems like it was meant to be an intractable restaurant rabbithole with its own moodlet to boot! http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=518835
    MTS_icarus_allsorts-1408319-EiffelTowerScreenshot2.jpg
    MTS_icarus_allsorts-1408321-EiffelTowerScreenshot3.jpg
    Wondrous_View.png
    Its a wonder why EA decided to scrap all this. France could've been so much better! :(

Anyways just thought I'd share. Major credit goes to icarus_allsorts for finding the lost coding & creating the mod! :-)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited June 2014
    bump
    edited June 2014
    First post updated.
    edited July 2014
    bump
  • samuliinisamuliini Posts: 55 Member
    edited July 2014
    I hope someone helps you out, I always liked france and this must be an great project!
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited July 2014
    Its a wonder why EA decided to scrap all this. France could've been so much better! :(
    We were originally going to make "Paris" but we couldn't pull the building density,so we made suburb instead