Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tanzenberg - Beta Uploaded to Exchange

Comments

• niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited June 2014
    Zach_Bundy wrote:
    I don't know. What do you need done? I'd love to work on a park if you had an opening for that. It'd be so cool to make an authentic beer garden (regardless of the lack of beer in this game )

Not only do I have room for a garden/biergarten, but I need a recreation of this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Englischer_Garten

It's one of the largest parks in the world and so that's why I'm splitting it into 4 different lots. I don't need an exact copy by any means, but I would like the four lots to include:

The Chinesische Turm, Japanisches Teehaus, and the Monopteros.

As for the biergarten part, it'd be cool to have a sort of party area outdoors really close to the river. Like this:

image.jpg

Yes! This looks amazing. I'm in a huge gardening mood, and I'd be honored to make such a huge project for your world!
  • Zach_BundyZach_Bundy Posts: 1,297 Member
    edited June 2014
    Wunderbar!

I'll make you a beta copy.
    edited June 2014
    I've been filling some lots. So far, I've finished 4 city apartments, 1 house, a salon, and some other lots I'm sure to forget.

screenshot_original.jpg
  • Illyianna2005Illyianna2005 Posts: 895 Member
    edited June 2014
    Wow Zach another world, I'm really excited to try out this world as well. I am still having an amazing time in Al Medina with my Legacy and I've fallen in love with your world style. You put so much detail into every, little aspect of your worlds. I'll be keeping watch over this thread as well, all the pictures are just Wow, thank you for these amazing worlds.
    edited June 2014
    Thank you! I'm excited to see what stories you might make in this world as well!

I have bad news:

I finished a whole 30x30 modern house and it looked perfect, then when I clicked on the Edit town button to save, I was met with the infinite loading wheel.

I can kiss that beautiful lot goodbye.

UGH.
    edited June 2014
    I'll have a beta and some pictures ready later tonight.

Right now I'm sculpting, painting, adding some flora, etc.
    edited June 2014
    Zach_Bundy wrote:
    I'll have a beta and some pictures ready later tonight.

Right now I'm sculpting, painting, adding some flora, etc.

Yay! i'm anxiously awaiting it! I hope that I can help your world building efforts as much as possible. I've discovered that I love the process of creating a world, but I HATE CAW for all of its issues. If I could indirectly help with a world, I'd be so happy. And now I'll have time since I'll be releasing my world tomorrow!
    edited June 2014
    It's great to hear that! Your world and Nilxis's Barcelona are some of my most anticipated worlds.

Since I'm cursed with the world building bug, it'll be kinda "video et toceo".

I have two other worlds after this one that I really wanna do also, but I'm not sure I'll have the time for both. Plus Worldbuilding for me is VERY overstimulating because I nitpick. In Al Medina there was an entire part of the neighborhood where I literally replaced the wall coverings 12 times. (10-15 Buildings)

Right now the Beta for Tanzenberg is at 40% in Google Drive. I'm listening to Wagner's Prelude to Act I of Parsifal. I think that song sets the mood I'd like for this world, along with the Blue Danube Waltz by Strauss of course.
    edited June 2014
    screenshot_original.jpg

Niac, I labelled your lots right here with your name.

Here's the link! Tell me if you have any trouble.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByU5kIrWeU49MU9GZk9jaEowdm8/edit
    edited June 2014
    Yay! I'm listening to Also Sprach Zarathrustra by Richard Strauss! Besides the iconic opening, I think this piece is also very deep and emotional! :D

I can't wait to start. I'm finally finding a way to trick CAW into accepting my lots in my world! :twisted: I'm flattered that you like it so much. The Changes that I made from the beta are numerous and I can't wait to hear what people think about them! :D If this doesn't get me a feature from the summer showcase, I don't know what will.
    edited June 2014
    Also Sprach Zarathustra is great too! There was a point in my life where I could literally hum the full 11 minutes, haha. I'm excited to see what you'll come up with for the Englischer Garten! I'm gonna see if I can find some inspiration pics. (Ones that are as nudist-free as possible, haha.)
    edited June 2014
    englischer-garten.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqvtDuRjjHtkPHwJaX8T-XLaHVL-XRQ21DwtTuuCcrUWoF1D11

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRiC8RQ1-XJNiWojmBahUH5F5IrQqCrM_n-HM38dQ89vCgfDa4J

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSoWRQOspw_KuSeIKDjX3xuzO583zTfIF4ZJGKydyFVoy4Dhrfu7Q

Egarten.jpg
    edited June 2014
    Zach_Bundy wrote:
    Also Sprach Zarathustra is great too! There was a point in my life where I could literally hum the full 11 minutes, haha. I'm excited to see what you'll come up with for the Englischer Garten! I'm gonna see if I can find some inspiration pics. (Ones that are as nudist-free as possible, haha.)

:lol: I remember looking up the pictures of the park and just being in shock. :XD:
    edited June 2014
    Meet the Rosenthals:

Augustus, the Father
    Agatha, the Mother
    Monika, the Teenage Daughter
    Philipp, the Bad Teenage Boy Twin
    Markus, the not-necessarily-bad-or-good-but-it's-all-relative Teenage boy twin
    Antje, the small daughter

und...

Little Axel, the boy.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8295353

Together they live in the Half-Timbered Haus in the village. 4 Bd, 1.5 Ba

original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
  • RukayaRukaya Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited June 2014
    Zach it all looks lovely. Was looking forward to testing it but then I saw where you are using all the EPs. I don't have ITF and am not planning to get it. So Oh well . Am very disappointed but there it is. Good luck on this beautiful world.
  • Kerim99Kerim99 Posts: 289 Member
    edited June 2014
    I really like your world and its mountains.

I'm not German (I'm Swiss) but I can speak German.
    Feel free to ask me if you're searching names (for sims or for lots)

edited June 2014
    I'm really sorry about that Rukaya!

Kerim I'm okay with german but if you have ideas for naming houses please let me hear them! Since it's not my first language I can't be as creative with it.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2014
    Zach I just wanted you to know I did not get hardly any time in here testing this - I checked it out a bit last night - but no time today at all.- My mouse is not working - so by the time my hubby looked at it - he said we'd need to replace it. Apparently there is a crack in the board inside the mouse and not something we can fix. Tomorrow is payday - but not sure if hubby will have time to go to the malls as he doesn't get out of work until 6 and the mall is a good hour and a half from our house - so unless he can find another mouse for me to use in his home office some where - which I doubt as not a month ago we totally cleaned his office and donated a ton of electronics to the Vocational school. Figures. I know my kittys are responsible - as when I got to my computer to day my mouse was missing. I found all the way in the living room under the coffee table. It has one of those red lazer lights underneath it and I think that is what attracted the kitty's - as I don't always think to shut it off and apparently didn't last night. I also usually put it on the pull out shelf where my keyboard is - and I think I forgot to last night and left it on my desktop.

Well my kitties can now say they finally got that red light and killed it. Hubby plays with them with one of those kitty safe lazer lights. Guess that is a bad idea when you use wireless mice.

I did try to make the game work with the keyboard - but forget it. That was maddening. So I guess up until he can get to the Mall there's not much I can do. Sorry about that.

At least I did get to see the world somewhat - it is gorgeous and I really looked forward to playing in here. But as soon as I can get my mouse back I will go right back in - hopefully others will also be able to volunteer - although I know most of the WE group are sort of busy right now. I see Rukaya can't as she doesn't have ITF.

There might be one ray of light as hubby said on his way to bed he thinks there may be a spare wired type mouse at his work as he knows they all come with them and they change them all over to wireless - so I may be able to have one if there is by tomorrow evening. Hope so. Hugz Reggie
    Post edited by Unknown User on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

edited June 2014
    It's okay Reg!

That's so funny about your cats and the red laser pointers, haha!

And being a whole hour and a half from a mall?! Your home sounds absolutely gorgeous. I'm stuck in a place with no privacy from other humans, which I think is driving me completely insane.

I really wish I could just get out into nature and listen to the sounds of birds and the wind and the deep creaking of branches.

Sigh
  • Illyianna2005Illyianna2005 Posts: 895 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hey Zach I was wondering if I could play test the World as well? I'd really like to try it out and see how it runs on my computer.

Also since you said you wish you could get back to nature I thought I'd share some pictures of where I live. I live about 15 minutes by car to the nearest town, it's a little Village. Behind my house is a River and Waterfalls and down the road is a large, nature park.

On my Blog are some images of the area if you'd like to see, I didn't want to post them here since it's not really related to your world. Anyway if you want you can check them out here http://illyiannasblog.wordpress.com/2014/06/25/pictures-of-nature/
    edited June 2014
    By all means, test it out!

Those pictures are so Idyllic! It's like a real-life Miyazaki film!
    edited June 2014
    screenshot_original.jpg

Apparently it takes a few days for this to work in-game.

Some of you testers might have noticed this waterfall which is created by the melting glacier.
    edited June 2014
    Yep - it is gorgeous here and very quiet but lots of wildlife. You can't allow your pets outside though unless you are with them. But we see everything right in the yard -various weasles - some quite mean - various big cats, bear, deer, moose, raccoons, moles, voles, skunks, grey and red fox, owls of all kinds and many birds of prey including falcons and eagles. Cute little hummingbirds and all kinds of songbirds. Lots and lots of creatures - Once the bears are hibernating we put up feeders for the different birds until winter finally drives them out of here.

I live in the area where people travel from all over the world just to see the foliage in the fall. So we meet people from just everywhere - or at least used to. Then we have winter and it lasts forever. We are not called the White MOuntain s for nothing. It start right before Halloween and last til about halfway through May. We have even seen snow flurries in late August. It might be near 90 during the day with the sun out - (usually in the 70-80's though) and by sundown drop to nearly freezing. But it is that kind of weather that gives us the most beautiful foliage we are famous for I guess. I really miss all the hikes we used to take between here and North Conway.

Anyway - I did not get a mouse I can use - so it will be Sunday evening or Monday afternoon before Pete can get to a store that sells them. He is also considering ordering me one instead through Tiger on line. He deals with them a lot - but that would still take me to MOnday to get if he's able to do that tomorrow as there is no Sat or Sunday UPS delivery here. So it looks like Monday will be the earliest I will be able to play my game to get to play in the world.

Right now I am not very much laughing about the mouse - but maybe after I get another. The cats had the nerve to beg me to play with them with the lazer light today. I just glared at them - although the two boys that asked I am sure were not part of "destroy the red dot club" they are old fellows 18 and 15 year old, as well as my miniature Nowegian Forest Cat is another 15 year old. It is the 5 year old I am positive responsible. But anyway - just keeping you informed. Sorry, as I am really wanting to play in that world. It is so lovely.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

edited June 2014
    I'm completely envious!

I was in the mood to make a forest spring today, but of course in order to do that, I needed a forest. In the process of making the forest I basically finished worldbuilding! (Minus the lots).

I'll have a picture up in a second. I feel like this landscaping theme I've developed has really taken this world to a new level.
    edited June 2014
    That's cool. We have a good number of natural falls and springs every where through out the White Mountions. They are very pretty. Wish we could make places like we actually have in the game. We are known for our many spring fed places as well. My artesian well is spring fed. Too darned cold though.

Right now my yard looks like I should have a stream. Our lawmower doesn't do well in one part of my yard where I used to grow an organic garden - so lots of fiddleheads and the type of ferns one often finds along the streams.

In dreams - I LIVE!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top