Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ye Old Fairgrounds

Looking for something less crowded than a big amusement park? Look no further. Set in what was once a rocky field, the fairgrounds offer more than enough to entertain your sims.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8285729

The Dinocoaster offers a thrilling ride,

Screenshot-133.jpg

right past the jaws of an ancient beast,

Screenshot-143.jpg

over hills and plunges,

Screenshot-142.jpg

and through water spouts.

Screenshot-134.jpg

The carousel offers rides on a variety of beasts.

Screenshot-131.jpg

Sims can stroll through market area

Screenshot-126.jpg

to buy or sell produce, enjoy some popcorn, an icy snow cone, fresh popcorn, a cool drink, or a hot one and a pastry,

Screenshot-129.jpg

or, if they prefer, have a picnic or grill some hot dogs.

Screenshot-130.jpg

Talented riders, or solo horses, can impress the crowds on the jump course.

Screenshot-127.jpg

There is a big top tent

Screenshot-125.jpg

which offers a trapeze,

Screenshot-146.jpg
Screenshot-147.jpg

and plenty of space for talented sims to impress others with their music, their acrobatic prowess, or a few magician's tricks. No schedule needed to perform; just come on in and do your thing!

Screenshot-148.jpg

There are plenty of seats for those who want to relax and watch as well.

Screenshot-149.jpg
Screenshot-150.jpg

Just outside is a small midway,

Screenshot-151.jpg
Screenshot-152.jpg

and further along is a hot tub,

Screenshot-135.jpg

🐸🐸🐸🐸 wagon,

Screenshot-136.jpg

fire pit, and facilities.

Screenshot-144.jpg

There is a livestock section

Screenshot-140.jpg

and a bar pavilion for cool drinks or hot food.

Screenshot-132.jpg

Additional facilities are tucked in behind the Dinocoaster.

Screenshot-145.jpg

As you can see, it's a relaxing yet fun-filled place.

Screenshot-128.jpg

Here are overview shots of the park from each direction. At the corner, there is even a small tower for watching the stars.

Screenshot-121.jpg
Screenshot-124.jpg
Screenshot-123.jpg
Screenshot-122.jpg

The fairgrounds are perfect for less urban worlds, and can be easily adjusted to fit your needs.

Comments

• sherrylynn8779sherrylynn8779 Posts: 2,102 Member
    edited June 2014
    Reminds me of the midwest fairs I have been to, with exception of the big coaster, lol. I have been to one that had a decent mini coaster though! Great job! Rec'd!
    My Twitter:: My Facebook:: Gallery Name: sherry_lynn1979
  • LadyGreenEyesLadyGreenEyes Posts: 928 Member
    edited June 2014
    Thanks! I tried to keep it as authentic as possible. The only one I ever saw with a really good coaster was in Germany. With only two real rides, though, had to have at least those!

Ah, for more rides.......little ones for the toddlers and children, like cars, boats, etc., and some others for adults. A ferris wheel, bumper cars, a ***** house ride (all of which someone did custom for TS2!!), maybe a Scrambler or Octopus! Even a big carnival swing would be cool!

I'd love to see more actual "circus" stuff as well; a real trapeze, some added tricks with props pets could use, group acrobat acts, and so forth! They keep teasing us, with the carnival stuff first, and now this new set. Heck, even some animatronic "performers" and performing animals would be cool!
  • sherrylynn8779sherrylynn8779 Posts: 2,102 Member
    edited June 2014
    It is almost like they are trying to REEEEEEALLLLY spread out those carny attractions, if they would add some more rides, I might consider buying everything...lol. At the moment I am trying to get all the build/buy items I can before TS4 comes out and they close down the TS3 store. I have SO much to buy before then... AHHHH! LOL
    My Twitter:: My Facebook:: Gallery Name: sherry_lynn1979
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    edited June 2014
    Your Fairgrounds build is great! :) Sims will have enjoy visiting it and have fun doing the various activities and seeing the attractions ! Great roller coaster for sims to have fun riding! It is great that you have themed it as a dinocoaster and have placed the big dinosaur at the entrance! Sims will enjoy riding the carousel. It looks great how you have placed the colourful balloons through the build , which add to the fun fairgrounds theme of the build. Great food area! Sims will enjoy eating popcorn or candy floss there, or enjoy cooking on the grill and eating their meals in the sunshine at the picnic table. It looks great how you have set up a horse jumping area, for sims to ride their horses, or sit and watch the other sims riding their horses. Great big top tent! Nice colours that you have used of the tent. It looks great that you have placed many arcade machine games outside the tent for sims to have fun playing. It looks great how you have done the trapeze inside the tent! Great creative idea! Sims will enjoy sitting and watching performances on the indoors stage. Great outdoors pavillion for sims to enjoy having a drink at the bar. It is great that you have cows and chickens at the fairgrounds for sims to have fun playing with the chickens or milking the cows.
    It is a great fun place to visit! :)
    edited June 2014
    Thanks, Rose! I might just make you my press agent!

I think my brain is stuck on theme parks lately. Will have to try some other sorts of lots soon.

Any ideas? Anything you'd like to see?
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited June 2014
    It is looking fantastic! I love theme parks! Love all the attractions! Great job! :thumbup:

Edit: Forgot to say that I left you a recommendation. :D
    edited June 2014
    yanti68 wrote:
    It is looking fantastic! I love theme parks! Love all the attractions! Great job! :thumbup:

Edit: Forgot to say that I left you a recommendation. :D

Much appreciated! Glad you like the lot.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    edited June 2014
    Your lot looks like lots of fun! I've yet to tackle building a coaster but don't have to with this fun lot. :D
  • saitouamysaitouamy Posts: 1,104 Member
    edited June 2014
    Ye Old Fairgrounds is wonderful! I love how Godzilla staring at the coaster rails, looks like he will start moving around in a second :D There's so much fun items in the fair ground so sim would love hangout in there all day. Left you a big rec!
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    edited June 2014
    Awesomely Awesome! :shock:

All we're missing now is a ferris wheel.
    edited June 2014
    Thanks, to all of you! I love making coasters (even have 1-3 of the tycoon games), so that was not too big a deal. Spacing the pieces can be tricky, though. I'd like it more if we could adjust the length for the basic pieces, or had more size options. Either way, it's a cool addition!

I really do love that dinosaur! Having him on the loop just seemed like fun. You can download some customs dinos here - http://www.blackypanther.de/include.php?path=content/overview.php&letter=&catid=124&themeid=0&type=4&order=&entries=24 - German site, but some really cool new meshes - look there for the dinos! Just set a user acct - free - and use the English translation in the drop-down menu on the right. There is a lot of neat stuff on that site.

Ah, a ferris wheel......*sigh*! I have seen one that is decorative, which is pretty cool, though. The set its in is here - http://sims3-modeli.ucoz.ru/forum/22-174-6#13733 - in Russian, but scroll a little and you'll see the pics and link. The only issue I had was that the tables don't work well with the chairs. The rest seems good, though.
    Awesomely Awesome! :shock:

All we're missing now is a ferris wheel.

Old thread, I know, but there is a ferris wheel now!!!!! You can get it over at ModtheSims - modthesims.info/d/571482 - and it works!!! It's not large, but sims can ride, and I have used in game. In fact, it's in the Gnomeworld park (link below) that I recently posted. Mediafire link for that one, cause the Exchange didn't like the custom stuff, but a fun little park! Anyway, enjoy the ferris wheel, and it would likely fit into this one!